Thread: First ever 60 year lease residential project

Default First ever 60 year lease residential project

URA puts up housing plot with 60-yr lease

URA said the 1.02-ha residential site in Jurong Jurong Kechil will have a maximum GFA of 153,267.17 sq ft and can be developed into a condominium, flats or retirement housing.

Developers have options for a 30, 45 or 60-year-lease period for the plot, URA said. The development conditions for the site cap the maximum number of units at 203 units and can be built up to part five storeys and part eight storeys.

Commenting on the residential plot, Jones Lang LaSalle's national director of research Ong Teck Hui said: "The site is a popular suburban housing area supported by ample amenities and public transportation, so there should be good interest in this site."

The developer's trigger price for the residential land parcel which was made available through the Reserve List system in November 2006 was $24 million or $156.36 psf ppr for a 60-year lease term.

"As URA offers three options of different land tenures, the price of the land will be relatively cheaper as compared to the normal 99-year-leasehold land parcels from Government Land Sale Programme," said Nicholas Mak, SLP International's head of research.

He expects the tender to attract about five to 10 bids and added that most bidders are likely to select to bid for the 60-year land tenure because it will be more attractive to homebuyers and the longer land tenure will be easier for the homebuyer to obtain a mortgage.

Lee Sze Teck, senior manager of Dennis Wee Group (DWG), is looking at a top bid of between $200 and $250 psf ppr, an estimated breakeven cost between $450 and $500 psf, and an estimated sale price of between $550 and $600 psf.

"This is relatively affordable compared to freehold developments in the area which are going for around $1,000 psf," Mr Lee said.

project name: Centris Lite

99 year lease properties will be more in demand.

the location is:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/pr06-82a2.pdf

not Jurong centris area. even the BT article is misleading haha.

u can call it Terrene Superlite or Park Natura Superlite.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    project name: Centris Lite

so this is gahmen's pilot test to see if they can produce more affordable homes by bringing down the lease? if really can sell at 5xxpsf to end buyers, that will be really affordable.

Wonder how will bank adjust their loan terms now that the lease is much shorter?

it depends on the price rite?

if the price gap is really so huge, i m sure the 60 year lease ppties will be very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    99 year lease properties will be more in demand.

actually all along, there is difficulty in getting loan only when there is < 30 years left on the lease rite? not becoz 30 years has passed on the lease? i think some may have been confused by the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Wonder how will bank adjust their loan terms now that the lease is much shorter?

I will buy LH60 anyday....

HDB Studio LH30 anyways.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

i remember last time something like govt trying to sell some land for developing 30/60yr old-folk-home at Jurong Kechil but no developers interested...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...veloping-retir

"The government seeks to encourage the development of a retirement community in Singapore. In fact, it released in February 2008 a parcel of land in Jalan Jurong Kechil, near the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, with a lease period of 30 years, specifically for a retirement village. To date, no one has taken it up."

I am guessing those existing owners of neighboring project will be cursing and swearing. Rental for their property confirm drop.

effective lease only 55 years, due to construction etc. most banks reluctant to lend if remaining lease less than 60 years.
    and how to qualify for UOB 50 year mortgage?

lets say for 99yr lease
    land cost: 600psf
    construction cost: 250
    profit 20%: 170
    selling price: 1020psf

60 year lease
    land cost: 360 (600/99 * 60yr) (assuming pro-rated, perhap actual case like 20% diff bet FH and 99yr)
    construction cost: 250
    profit 20%: 122
    selling price: 732psf

difference in land cost: 240 (40% difference of 600)
    difference in selling price: 288 (28.2% difference of 1020)

since tenants dont care about lease, lets say rental 3psf.
    99yr, rental yield = 3.53%
    60yr, rental yield = 4.92%

think can go for it.

we have a very loving and caring government who takes care of poor people how lucky we are...

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I am guessing those existing owners of neighboring project will be cursing and swearing. Rental for their property confirm drop.
    Some happy some sad thats how market works...

btw the site was down for about 2 hours....

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    btw the site was down for about 2 hours....
    got another thread started by sis buttercarp about this issue..please REPORT there...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

me dun mind change my 119sqm hdb to that jurong kechil 85sqm if same price of ~600K... anyway my hdb already 30+yrs liow...

sell me 500sqft X 500psf at 250k ... I will buy 10
    Ride at your own risk !!!

What will be the impact on the neighbouring condos like Royal Court and the Under construction "Residence"?

How to borrow from bank ? Bank probably charge higher interest rate as risk higher ... Ulu ulu place ... Confirm poor response unless price dirt cheap .. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    How to borrow from bank ? Bank probably charge higher interest rate as risk higher ... Ulu ulu place ... Confirm poor response unless price dirt cheap .. :-)
    maybe 10 banglas will share and buy 1 UNIT