Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No need for additional CM - Mr Khaw

Default No need for additional CM - Mr Khaw

But he dismissed the need for additional measures to cool the housing market, despite public and private prices picking up pace again after a lull in the first half of the year.

Data from the Singapore Real Estate Exchange last Friday showed that private resale prices rose 4.5 per cent last month over July, while overall median HDB flat prices rose 1.8 per cent over the two months.

"These month-to-month fluctuations, I won't waste time worrying about it," Mr Khaw told reporters later. "It's the overall picture (that matters), and the overall picture is that the situation now is totally different from a year ago."

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...price-20120909

Obiwan continues to be complacent very good
    Ride at your own risk !!!

nvr trust what they said.....

and there is no timline of what he mentioned...no CM within 3 months perhaps

He is justifying his own next promotion....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    nvr trust what they said.....

and there is no timline of what he mentioned...no CM within 3 months perhaps
    Of course.. If every month increase 4.5%, then new CM will and should be added...

i think his position is the most stressful of all the ministers...do also kena dont do also kena....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    i think his position is the most stressful of all the ministers...do also kena dont do also kena....

You're such an understanding person. To many out there, they'll just think he has an easy job.

I think Lui$ is more stressful than Khaw.. The amount of damage to be undone is more complex and very very time consuming..

Its not easy at all. You cant take care of conflicting sectors of society.

Barring any other differences, I always believe you cant be profamily without at the same time being antisingle. Its inherent to their definitions. Unless you tell me there is a NEW definition of family or single in Singapore.

Ministers have CEOs n Directors to research n plan for them. Juz have to make a political decision tt's all.

I have to agree that the ministers like Liu and Khaw, Teo..are not having an easy job.

If we compare ourselves to HK, Taiwan, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia and lots and lots of countries in the world including US, especially when u traval more and more, u will realise our govt has done an excellent job...

I have to agree that the ministers like Liu and Khaw, Teo..are not having an easy job.

If we compare ourselves to HK, Taiwan, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia and lots and lots of countries in the world including US, especially when u traval more and more, u will realise our govt has done an excellent job...
    ++1 super like. If majority of Singaporeans rationalise like Laguna, objective and non personnal, Singapore has hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    ++1 super like. If majority of Singaporeans rationalise like Laguna, objective and non personnal, Singapore has hope!!
    I think only the minority are complaining, especially with the new NIMBY mentiality. Even the disagreement with FT are just a small portion of singaporeans. That explain why PAP still get 60% even when their self claim higher government standard drop badly..

I agree it is stressful to be a minister, I don't think it is the most stressful of all....
    As a politician, his role is to do what is best for the society and most importantly satisfy the majority.

Agree with you, Laguna.
    That's why I am proud to be a Singaporean!
    It really takes someone to be a minister.
    It is so stressful that they age faster than the usual man in the street.
    It is really a great sacrifice.

Agreed... but most people tend to focus on the negatives. The positives are taken for granted because they are paid millions to do the job and expected to do it well. A lot of the issues we are facing now, rising property prices, inflation, are also faced by neighbouring countries. Low birth rate is usual in developed countries. We do not have natural resources and we are a small country...

I have benefitted from the system. There are policies that I do not agree but on a whole, I do think thery have done a decent job when compared to some other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I agree it is stressful to be a minister, I don't think it is the most stressful of all....
    As a politician, his role is to do what is best for the society and most importantly satisfy the majority.

Agree with you, Laguna.
    Yah... saw our PM live at one of those community event... really seem to age a lot.

hello. he had a fight with cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    hello. he had a fight with cancer.
    Yup, but he is in remission.
    Look at the other ministers.... most of them aged a lot since they took office.
    To me that's a BIG sacrifice.

Yup, but he is in remission.
    Look at the other ministers.... most of them aged a lot since they took office.
    To me that's a BIG sacrifice.
    Look at lawrence wong. Think he age a lot after the GE. He is only 40..

Quote Originally Posted by blackapple
    Look at lawrence wong. Think he age a lot after the GE. He is only 40..
    That's why I personally feel that politics are for males.
    Sometimes a matured aged male may appear more attractive (like cheese and wagyu beef).
    However for females, it is a really big sacrifice.

My handsome Jin Jin also losing hair on the top. Only that Horse (Baey) getting vainer and vainer...

That's why I personally feel that politics are for males.
    Sometimes a matured aged male may appear more attractive (like cheese and wagyu beef).
    However for females, it is a really big sacrifice.
    Hello. Don't put male and cheese in same sentence sis.... Leads one to think of d*** cheese ewww

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Hello. Don't put male and cheese in same sentence sis.... Leads one to think of d*** cheese ewww
    Sorry.....yuck, gross.
    Dunno why yucky stuff so often associated with cheese.

Know of a few people who are mayor, minister and MPs. Their jobs are getting more difficult with all the high expectation of the people. Got to really sacrifice family for politics.

Agree with you, Laguna.

Correct lor..but...

Happy people rarely complain

A few unhappy people will complain 200x times so seems like there are alot of unhappiness

I sense they still have alot of support

Especially newly wed that just got BTO cannot afford to rock the boat to risk their asset.. Very soon singles will be on the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by blackapple
    I think only the minority are complaining, especially with the new NIMBY mentiality. Even the disagreement with FT are just a small portion of singaporeans. That explain why PAP still get 60% even when their self claim higher government standard drop badly..
    Yesterday, saw a Philipino boy (around 9 yrs old), throw an empty Yakult bottle out from the lorry while at the highway (sitting at the back of the big lorry with another young Philipino girl). Hope all these foreigners don't bring in all their bad habits to Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Yesterday, saw a Philipino boy (around 9 yrs old), throw an empty Yakult bottle out from the lorry while at the highway (sitting at the back of the big lorry with another young Philipino girl). Hope all these foreigners don't bring in all their bad habits to Singapore.
    50 years ago, our grandparents, great grand parents were littering in the Singapore River as well...

New immigrants back then have evolved to be more cultured....... we need the present new immigrants to take up jobs that we feel uncouth and uncultured and another 50 years later, they will evolved to be like us......

50 years later, we might have upgraded to become elitist..... i.e. more atas and "cultured". Keep all the awful stuff away from sight yet want to enjoy the cheap manual labour that we can get......

Oh man, this sounds so wrong...... This world is such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    50 years ago, our grandparents, great grand parents were littering in the Singapore River as well...

New immigrants back then have evolved to be more cultured....... we need the present new immigrants to take up jobs that we feel uncouth and uncultured and another 50 years later, they will evolved to be like us......

50 years later, we might have upgraded to become elitist..... i.e. more atas and "cultured". Keep all the awful stuff away from sight yet want to enjoy the cheap manual labour that we can get......

Oh man, this sounds so wrong...... This world is such a mess.
    50 years ago, there is no country called Singapore. Singapore is a colony. There is no citizen called Singaporean. But now, we have a country we called home and it is called Singapore.

We have our own identify. If you are proud to be a Singaporean, you want any tom and dick to share your own identify.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Know of a few people who are mayor, minister and MPs. Their jobs are getting more difficult with all the high expectation of the people. Got to really sacrifice family for politics.
    They are well compensated. Dun worry for them