Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small-format Unit (aka mm, shoebox)...Look and tell me if this is inhumane to u.

Default Small-format Unit (aka mm, shoebox)...Look and tell me if this is inhumane to u.

Ouch........

Default e.

For 1 person, it is comfortable.
    But for large family, it is inhumane.

I dont know the rest, but it looks good for single and couple to stay in! Quality living i would say, considering that it is a private property, freehold, comes with pool (small, but still can swim deh!), gym (small but functional), carpark, near MRT, near ammenities (e.g. hawker, coffeeshop, schools). Still inhumane?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    For 1 person, it is comfortable.
    But for large family, it is inhumane.
    Agree, but the way it is portrayed is for ANY situation, it is inhumane. Such small format is built for max 2 adults (to stretch, 1 baby perhaps). for comfortable quality living,it was never meant for a big family.

Good launch pad for starting out marriage life and absolute privacy at night to produce off-springs (imagine staying with parents, so troublesome to get kinky).

VERY inhumane. God bless the soul who lives in a house with green balcony.

my jack russel be happy in there...

actually that rv-suites is not MM lah..its 517sq ft which is spacious for a 1 bedder..
    for 517sq ft in hong kong lives a family of 4 quite comfortably..

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    actually that rv-suites is not MM lah..its 517sq ft which is spacious for a 1 bedder..
    for 517sq ft in hong kong lives a family of 4 quite comfortably..
    Strip off the balcony, will be about 4xxsqft. To put in 4, is quite inhumane. two adults ok. some of those 366 sqft upwards are ok too, need to see if they have huge AC ledge or balcony. if 366sqft is almost 95% liveable, quite good!

With or without bomb shelter makes lots of diff....

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    With or without bomb shelter makes lots of diff....
    True!But then bomb shelter is useful as a store. Best is no balcony, no planter, smallish AC ledge and rectanglar or squarish layout.

Shiro will suit your needs....

the 366sqf unit is slightly too cramped for me. The walls are too close to another. I feel that such units should have a studio layout instead of 1bedroom... take away 1 wall will make a lot of difference.

having a small balcony is nice as it can be considered as part of your living space...dont u find it nice relaxing in your balcony reading your sunday times with a cup of coffee with pool or greenery view..
    most important is not to have planter box n bay windows in your small apartment..

nice to sit in balcony.... until you realise your opp neighbour 5m away lighting up a cigarette....

balcony sadly is for hanging clothes nowadays as there is a lack of yard

Ride at your own risk !!!

nice to sit in balcony.... until you realise your opp neighbour 5m away lighting up a cigarette....
    than dont buy that project lor...

It is nicely decorated. I'm sure most singles or young couples prefer to have their own privacy in a MM. Very easy to maintain and not too hard on the pocket to own also.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    having a small balcony is nice as it can be considered as part of your living space...dont u find it nice relaxing in your balcony reading your sunday times with a cup of coffee with pool or greenery view..
    most important is not to have planter box n bay windows in your small apartment..
    Actually Bay window is ok, cos if u design your furniture well, it can be integrated as either part of your seating area or bed. Balcony is nice, but not in our climate, bloody hot and dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Actually Bay window is ok, cos if u design your furniture well, it can be integrated as either part of your seating area or bed. Balcony is nice, but not in our climate, bloody hot and dusty!
    i beg to differ..
    balcony is good here is due to our tropical climate.
    u wont want to be sitting in your balcony @ 5'c - 10'c outside..
    its not really that hot if there's no afternoon sun shining into your house.

nobody wants to have bay windows in their apartment given a choice.
    of coz u would think of the best way to make use of it if u have it..

there should be law to ban people from smoking in apartment and robbing others of clean air! these silent killers should be punished

Just few months back, we stayed in a hotel in NZ, though it was small but I felt comfortable with it. It has an open-concept kitchen, a dining table, a bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. When you open up the sofa bed, it almost touches the wall where the TV is, leaving a small passage for walking. But I feel comfortable with it sitting there to watch TV with my legs stretched out on the sofa bed.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Just few months back, we stayed in a hotel in NZ, though it was small but I felt comfortable with it. It has an open-concept kitchen, a dining table, a bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. When you open up the sofa bed, it almost touches the wall where the TV is, leaving a small passage for walking. But I feel comfortable with it sitting there to watch TV with my legs stretched out on the sofa bed.
    That's because you're on holiday and you already know it's a hotel. You compromise because you'll only be staying there for days or 1/2 weeks. Besides, you have already planned & brought just enough clothes, shoes, some toiletries during the short stay. That's why the room is still deem to have enough space.

A home is different, you stay there for years. You have lots of clothes & shoes (esp for women), spare toileterries, foods that you bought for the week, things that you need and don't need (fitness equipment is one good example) but you still keep them in the HS and cabinets.
    Imaging if you bring all these into a hotel room and see if you can survive there a year. You'll go crazy, all these barang barang will be blocking your way and the room will be super squeezy with not much room to maneuver.

A friend told me his neighbor who is currently staying in a 2rm MM in TK is already thinking of moving to a bigger place because it's just too small. Not enough space is the answer. Lots of staffs ended up in the HS & balcony. The balcony becomes a store. What a waste.
    Last edited by PN; 10-09-12 at 09:06.

500 sqf is ok for 1 person. Its those 300sqf that i feel are in humane

OCR MM or 1br will NEVER go out of fashion as long as HDB rental yield stays above 4% and our FD rate stays below 2%

Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PN

A friend told me his neighbor who is currently staying in a 2rm MM in TK is already thinking of moving to a bigger place because it's just too small. Not enough space is the answer. Lots of staffs ended up in the HS & balcony. The balcony becomes a store. What a waste.
    Perhaps he did not spend money on proper interior design to create smart storage space. also, some times it is habit to keep piling things, such that even if one move to a bigger place, things will pile up more.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    500 sqf is ok for 1 person. Its those 300sqf that i feel are in humane
    actually cannot like tat say, 500 sqft if got huge AC ledge, and huge balcony or planter, less everything could end up 3xx sqft. while those 3xx sqft dont have planter, balcony and have small AC ledge. so end up both same. anything above 350sqft of liveable area is ok based on feedback and personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    actually cannot like tat say, 500 sqft if got huge AC ledge, and huge balcony or planter, less everything could end up 3xx sqft. while those 3xx sqft dont have planter, balcony and have small AC ledge. so end up both same. anything above 350sqft of liveable area is ok based on feedback and personal experience.

yes when I say 350sqf are those 350sqf yet still have 1 bed room 1 living room and balcony.