Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The need to widen that rosd outside kovan resi. Make an underpass or something.
    Which road?

The one between kovan resi and heartland mall.

The one between kovan resi and heartland mall.
    There is already MRT below that road with exits on both sides of the road.

Move the exits and widen up or build a overpass. As more projects get completed there. It's going to be more jammed.

Move the exits and widen up or build a overpass. As more projects get completed there. It's going to be more jammed.
    I see... I think you are referring to extending the viaduct along upp serangoon road right over the kovan area?

Yes, exactly. It's a real bottleneck at that stretch.

Other than traffic condition and opposition ward, what are the drawbacks of this project, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    Other than traffic condition and opposition ward, what are the drawbacks of this project, if any?
    The materials they used for the finishes ie. Ceramic tiles for living/dining and engineered timber strips (not real timber) for bedrooms + very narrow lap pool

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    The materials they used for the finishes ie. Ceramic tiles for living/dining and engineered timber strips (not real timber) for bedrooms + very narrow lap pool
    Are these the reasons why you are not vested in this project cos I recall you were quite keen initially. BTW, what is the normal width for lap pool?

Are these the reasons why you are not vested in this project cos I recall you were quite keen initially. BTW, what is the normal width for lap pool?
    No, these were not the deterring factors. I didnt manage to get a unit becos by the time it was my turn to join the queue, there were hardly any units left. I believe the interior finishings can be changed (with $$ of cos, and more impt shld be the construction quality) but the location cant (location is subjective too; not everyone is a fan of kovan).

The width of each lane in an olympic sized pool shld be around 2.5m.

No, these were not the deterring factors. I didnt manage to get a unit becos by the time it was my turn to join the queue, there were hardly any units left. I believe the interior finishings can be changed (with $$ of cos, and more impt shld be the construction quality) but the location cant (location is subjective too; not everyone is a fan of kovan).

The width of each lane in an olympic sized pool shld be around 2.5m.
    Thanks for enlightening! I am curious, why there is still a queue when there are no more units left?

Thanks for enlightening! I am curious, why there is still a queue when there are no more units left?
    Hi condolisa, I like your user name .
    Queue... could it be for subsale?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Thank you, Buttercarp. I thiught there is SSD for subsale in Ist 4 yrs.

The balloting started at 11am .... at 12:30 my name wasnt called so i went off .. Agent called me back at 3:30pm, there was still quite a queue but one glance at the board i see not more than 10 units without the "sold" sticker

But by evening, agent sms to tell me there were 2 buyers who pulled out already ... LOL

The balloting started at 11am .... at 12:30 my name wasnt called so i went off .. Agent called me back at 3:30pm, there was still quite a queue but one glance at the board i see not more than 10 units without the "sold" sticker

But by evening, agent sms to tell me there were 2 buyers who pulled out already ... LOL
    Sorry for the incessant questions - when they pull out, do they forfeit part of booking fee?

Sorry for the incessant questions - when they pull out, do they forfeit part of booking fee?
    No prob condolisa.. i also learn alot from the forum seniors here...

Yeah when they pull out, 25% of the booking fee would be forfeited ie. 25% of the 5% booking fee = 1.25% of the house price. And thats only provided u havent signed the S&P

Those in the queue that didn't get to choose might have experienced a moment of coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Those in the queue that didn't get to choose might have experienced a moment of coventry.
    Zeamybro seems cool about it. I wonder why?

I was told engineered ones are less likely to warp over time so what's so inferior about engineered timber strips? Up till now I still haven't figured out if the tiles are ceramic or homogenous, guess I will visit a tile showroom one of these days to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    I was told engineered ones are less likely to warp over time so what's so inferior about engineered timber strips? Up till now I still haven't figured out if the tiles are ceramic or homogenous, guess I will visit a tile showroom one of these days to learn more.
    I hereby confirm its ceramic tiles. Its written in the hardcopy of the sales brochure which was handed out when you are balloted and enter the showroom

Does anyone knows why despite all the shortcomings, Kovan Regency was able to sell out, where as Bartley Residence still has quite number of units (despite it having 702 units but it was launched a few months back). Sorry no offence to the Bartley R buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    I hereby confirm its ceramic tiles. Its written in the hardcopy of the sales brochure which was handed out when you are balloted and enter the showroom
    this developer is really very profit driven.

Does anyone knows why despite all the shortcomings, Kovan Regency was able to sell out, where as Bartley Residence still has quite number of units (despite it having 702 units but it was launched a few months back). Sorry no offence to the Bartley R buyers...
    Can it be opposition party united?

Location is the keyword! Bartley is out of nowhere and so near to Bidadari and far away from shopping malls. But still not too bad to get some buyers. Also difficult to judge if want to compare with Luxurie, just opposite SengKang MRT & Mall & yet not fully sold. Some developments dont have the X-factor which buyers are looking for.

KR is more exclusive

Ride at your own risk !!!

Then I've met an agent who cannot handle the truth. thanks.

Zeamybro seems cool about it. I wonder why?
    LOL ... then am i supposed to feel sour and start to shoot down this project just because i couldnt get it? Just kidding

I guess every project has its own potential and diff ppl appreciate and value each of these projects differently ... Congratulations to all successful buyers! For those who couldnt get or dont like this project, just have to move on ... la

LOL ... then am i supposed to feel sour and start to shoot down this project just because i couldnt get it? Just kidding

I guess every project has its own potential and diff ppl appreciate and value each of these projects differently ... Congratulations to all successful buyers! For those who couldnt get or dont like this project, just have to move on ... la
    In such a hot market, the disappointed buyers will very fast grep whatever leftovers from existing projects ... just like Archipelago was gone in a few days after QE3 announcement
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Thank you, Buttercarp. I thiught there is SSD for subsale in Ist 4 yrs.
    Can the very big time buyers reserve multiple units from the developer before the launch but later sell it away?

Can the very big time buyers reserve multiple units from the developer before the launch but later sell it away?
    I think they will still be subjected to the 4yr SSD right?

Anyway, i am predicting that there should be quite a number of returned units. Some buyers could be buying under pressure and bought a unit which is beyond their initial budget. Eg. initially only aim 2BR or mid flr but project left with only 3BR or high flr when reaches their turn

At that moment, some might have been so thrilled to hear their names being called out in the balloting ex amongst the 1000 of cheques received, and felt that kena liao dont buy would be such a pity...

With such a long queue and big crowd waiting behind, i guess some of them might not be cool enough to make a sound decision on the spot. Buy liao, go home then discover money not enough.