Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks showroom will be pack this weekend?

Default Who thinks showroom will be pack this weekend?

Who thinks showroom will be pack this weekend or the next few wkends for major launches

The buying is coming back. It takes a while for the cooling measure effect to wear off and buyers are actually back. I really don't see a drop in prices anytime now... Because of ECG bond buying and QE. Stocks on a run now, retail sentiments are up, and manufacturing for this month is up.

So, yes, I think showroom will be pack.

$1 mil HDB and QE3 have set the stage. They will be filled with at least some people most of the time all the way to next year...

Paper money is worthless now. Lower/no income group is in trouble. I hope the government will do a bit more for them.

Corp bond prices already up in Singapore ... now 15y 3.65% is the NORM

Even Genting perpetual bond is now priced at 1.025
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I am thinking to get one MM as investment now. Preferably lower than 400kSGD.

I dun think there is any MM below 400k. The last launch with 398k was Parc Rosewood.

The new launch at riversails might be closest to your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I dun think there is any MM below 400k. The last launch with 398k was Parc Rosewood.

The new launch at riversails might be closest to your budget.
    Dont think he has the cash flow to finance another new Buc property

Ah Tan suddenly so rich. Just bought FV now want to buy another MM

Strike ToTo is it?

Kovan Residences / ECO strike jackpot .... first is Super Mario Unlimited then come Helicopter Ben Open Ended

It will be VERY HOT, SOLD OUT in 2 weeks ... getting more excited liao compared to a few months ago

People will still continue to buy.
    Those who have not bought yet start to panick and will seriously consider buying.
    I feel so sick with the rocketing price, not for myself but for the next generation.
    How are my kids going to afford a place to stay when they just graduate in future?
    My plan is to have 2 extra condo which can act as a back up plan for them should they not be able to afford a place on their own when they first start out.
    I told them that when they get married, they will be on their own. Cannot stay with me.
    My daughter said in that case, she will not get married.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Those who have not bought yet start to panick and will seriously consider buying.
    I feel so sick with the rocketing price, not for myself but for the next generation.
    How are my kids going to afford a place to stay when they just graduate in future?
    My plan is to have 2 extra condo which can act as a back up plan for them should they not be able to afford a place on their own when they first start out.
    I told them that when they get married, they will be on their own. Cannot stay with me.
    Don't worry, quantum stays the same, only size shrinks .... > 500sqft 1br will be luxurious next time

Seems like most people here think prices will keep on going up. The massive group thinking will just make price go up and up as people will start to think they will lose out to inflation if dont buy.
    More cooling measures on the way... 50% LTV?Foreigners cannot buy like HK?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Don't worry, quantum stays the same, only size shrinks .... > 500sqft 1br will be luxurious next time
    You forgot leaselife...

quantum stays the same, only size and leaselife shrinks.....

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Seems like most people here think prices will keep on going up. The massive group thinking will just make price go up and up as people will start to think they will lose out to inflation if dont buy.
    no need cooling measures lah....already, its effectiveness is questionable.

Just set leaselife for all future GLS plots at 60 yrs PLUS reject all applications for extension of 99 yrs leashold properties. Net effect...generate more units to meet demand whilst still achieving a lower psf price !!!

Hold onto yr freehold ppties !!!
    Last edited by proper-t; 14-09-12 at 10:30.

How old is your daughter? I told my son to get marry ASAP, I got 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom PH or 5 room HDB waiting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    How old is your daughter? I told my son to get marry ASAP, I got 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom PH or 5 room HDB waiting for him.
    match made in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Ah Tan suddenly so rich. Just bought FV now want to buy another MM

Strike ToTo is it?
    hahaha....maybe he forgot to eat medicine....

no just kidding....

maybe now the interest rate become 0.5 isit...??
    monthly sibor still no down le...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    hahaha....maybe he forgot to eat medicine....

no just kidding....

maybe now the interest rate become 0.5 isit...??
    monthly sibor still no down le...
    Maybe his bank going to give him FAT bonus this year.

In the last two weeks, we went around to see properties with a view to buy one for my son.

One very noticable trend is :

1. Town houses in the condo are moving very fast with only a few left here and there. These are in the range of $3m+
    2. Many cheques been collected for new launches
    3. new showflats are very packed....majority are in their 30+ and 40+
    4. balance units from the existing new projects are moving too fast to believe.

Look like, I must buy alr....cannot wait...
    people like Ah Tan is buying his fifth property soon and Ah B disappeared.

All the bulls are out to play, and all the bears are hibernating in their caves.

the bears have their 8mil fully aircon new home to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    In the last two weeks, we went around to see properties with a view to buy one for my son.

One very noticable trend is :

1. Town houses in the condo are moving very fast with only a few left here and there. These are in the range of $3m+
    2. Many cheques been collected for new launches
    3. new showflats are very packed....majority are in their 30+ and 40+
    4. balance units from the existing new projects are moving too fast to believe.

Look like, I must buy alr....cannot wait...
    people like Ah Tan is buying his fifth property soon and Ah B disappeared.
    Any recommendation for a FH 2bedder 650-700sqft less than 1mil in city/city fringe? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Any recommendation for a FH 2bedder 650-700sqft less than 1mil in city/city fringe? Thanks
    With QE3, looks like everything BAU.

But what about the technical Recession that is predicted to happen in SG?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Kovan Residences / ECO strike jackpot .... first is Super Mario Unlimited then come Helicopter Ben Open Ended

It will be VERY HOT, SOLD OUT in 2 weeks ... getting more excited liao compared to a few months ago

I was actually hoping ECO will launch earlier when it is not so hot, can try/attempt a bargain or at least hoping developer will not price so high. Now, must chiong with so many others n developer oso know, so dun know dun know want to get in ???

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    match made in heaven
    Wow.... never thought of that!
    A good catch .

@Arcahon..... my gal is below the legal age for marriage at the moment.
    Can consider in future .

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    With QE3, looks like everything BAU.

But what about the technical Recession that is predicted to happen in SG?
    recession ???

Unemployment & layoffs in S'pore down in 2nd quarter

SINGAPORE: Unemployment in Singapore has declined, reversing the slight increase a quarter ago.

The Manpower Ministry (MOM) said this is thanks to more jobs being created in the second quarter of this year, while layoffs eased for the second successive quarter.

These are the key findings from the "Labour Market, Second Quarter 2012" report released by the Ministry of Manpower's Research and Statistics Department.

Total employment grew by 31,700 in the second quarter of 2012, higher than the gains of 24,800 in the same period last year and 27,200 in the first quarter of 2012.

Cumulatively, employment rose by 58,900 in the first half of 2012, compared with the increase of 53,100 in the corresponding period of 2011.

Services contributed 17,300 jobs, the majority of employment gains in the second quarter of 2012. But this eased from the same period last year where there was a gain of 19,300 jobs in the services industry.

For the seventh successive quarter, growth in construction workforce accelerated, supported by public infrastructure projects.

In manufacturing, employment grew by 4,700, as gains led by petroleum, chemical and pharmaceutical products outnumbered the declines mainly in electronic, computer and optical products.

MOM said amid the strong employment creation, unemployment declined in June 2012, after the slight rise a quarter ago.

The seasonally adjusted overall unemployment rate dipped over the quarter by 0.1 per cent to 2.0 per cent in June, erasing the increase in March.

The rate for residents and citizens declined by 0.2 per cent to 2.8 per cent and 3.0 per cent respectively.

The long-term unemployment rate was unchanged over the year at 0.7 per cent.

Some 15,700, or 20 per cent of the unemployed residents had been looking for work for at least 25 weeks in June 2012, similar to 15,500 or 19 per cent a year ago.

Layoffs fell for the second successive quarter, after rising in the fourth quarter of 2011.

2,210 workers were made redundant in the second quarter of 2012, down from 2,600 in the first quarter of 2012 and 3,250 in the fourth quarter of 20111.

Based on CPF records, three in five residents laid off in the first quarter of 2012 found a job by June 2012.

This re-entry rate into employment within six months of redundancy rose from the 50 per cent experienced by the previous cohort in March 2012.

Amid the subdued global economic outlook, the number of job vacancies declined over the year by 15 per cent to 47,300 in June 2012.

After adjusting for seasonality, job openings fell over the quarter by 8.9 per cent to 45,600.

This was the second consecutive quarter of decline after hitting the high of 55,400 in December 2011.

- CNA/xq

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    I think 50% LTV is not the problem, the problem is there are people got $$$ but dun know where to put/invest.

Wow.... never thought of that!
    A good catch .

@Arcahon..... my gal is below the legal age for marriage at the moment.
    Can consider in future .
    Sent me a messages when your gal reach Legal age, thanks.

Nothings gonna stop us now

16,000 healthcare staff to get salary increase from September

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...225965/1/.html