Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your objective of investing in property?

Default Whats your objective of investing in property?

It seems that many property investors here are talking about invest property for the next generation. i am just wondering how many investor here actually get to enjoy the $$ reward of investing in property?

to earn $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    to earn $$$$$$
    yes, we are all making $$$, question is how much of what you made goes into rewarding yourself? Do you feel that sometime we are over providing for our children?

to earn $$$$$$
    Of course.. Like like like...

for capital gain

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    yes, we are all making $$$, question is how much of what you made goes into rewarding yourself? Do you feel that sometime we are over providing for our children?
    That is my concern too sometimes... that the children will lose the fire since all provided.

that one worry later earn first...cos if u dont cheong to earn OTHERS will cheong then you will be left out...sad to say Spore is turning into a DOG eat DOG society every sporean/PR/FT for HIMSELF....

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    That is my concern too sometimes... that the children will lose the fire since all provided.
    I think sometime we might be over doing things for kids and neglected ourselves.

Making $$$ now is preparing cash for retirement or rainy day mah.. . You can alway donate to charity if you dun want to pass to your children after you submitted your ic lor...lol!

Last time i used to think good to stay big house with plenty space to bring up family kids dogs....BUT knn nowadays sad to say due to circumstances...all those feelings are gone...a GOOD house is one that helps u earn $$ either thru capital gain/enbloc/rental...etc etc..over the past year i go see showflat...go view resale apts...what i see in OTHER peoples EYES who are viewing is HUNGER HUNGER HUNGER to make a KILLING...

that one worry later earn first...cos if u dont cheong to earn OTHERS will cheong then you will be left out...sad to say Spore is turning into a DOG eat DOG society every sporean/PR/FT for HIMSELF....
    Chasing after money is an endless bottemless pit. . At the end of it what you made in your life s not transferable to life after death. How much s enough?

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Making $$$ now is preparing cash for retirement or rainy day mah.. . You can alway donate to charity if you dun want to pass to your children after you submitted your ic lor...lol!
    u mean after UP the LorRy.......to up nice LorRy...also need plenty $$$

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE

What makes you think that ou can live to see retirement? Isnt tat a gamble which you have a 50% chance of losing?

Chasing after money is an endless bottemless pit. . At the end of it what you made in your life s not transferable to life after death. How much s enough?
    agree bro everybody should set their own goals....for ME as far as property concerned 2 is enough...now already got 1 aiming for another....then close SHOP....since i also got 2 kids...when me and my wife bye bye each can have 1...

Every man and woman for him/herself... everyone wants the peacock and not the monkey.

Investing in property is for passive income when I retire.
    Also as backup in case kids need a place to stay.
    But I told them already that they must pay me rent.

many many years ago my wife always remembers when her dad passed away her family was so poor that they had to borrow money to pay for his funeral....I NEVER EVER EVER want to do that to my children....yes money is NOT transferable to life after death....but if you do not have enough of it while living...better be dead....

Must balance... if the chase makes ownself and family unhappy, then the sacrifice may be too much... there is always a price to pay... see what is the threshold lor.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Investing in property is for passive income when I retire.
    Also as backup in case kids need a place to stay.
    But I told them already that they must pay me rent.
    ...i think our childrens future in this country is going to be VERY VERY VERY VERY difficult if we dont plan for them unlike our parents time....

...i think our childrens future in this country is going to be VERY VERY VERY VERY difficult if we dont plan for them unlike our parents time....
    Wat so difficut? Husband wife educated and workin. Sure can afford hdb what?

To curb inflation ......

many many years ago my wife always remembers when her dad passed away her family was so poor that they had to borrow money to pay for his funeral....I NEVER EVER EVER want to do that to my children....yes money is NOT transferable to life after death....but if you do not have enough of it while living...better be dead....
    If you noticed youare again worrying about you kids to te extend that you want to pay for your wn funeral. Have you ever thought that u might live te final years of you life alone in nursing home?

If you noticed youare again worrying about you kids to te extend that you want to pay for your wn funeral. Have you ever thought that u might live te final years of you life alone in nursing home?
    Time has changed... parents no longer expect kids to provide for them... but also dont want to be a financial liability.

Time has changed... parents no longer expect kids to provide for them... but also dont want to be a financial liability.
    Are we so bad tat we need moey to create famiy bonding?

u mean after UP the LorRy.......to up nice LorRy...also need plenty $$$
    I salute you..lol!

Wat so difficut? Husband wife educated and workin. Sure can afford hdb what?
    1 million...DOLLARS

If you are rich then you can stay at 5 Stars nursing home .

strange i did think of that thats why its IMPORTANT to make PLENTY of $$$$ so if ur kids throw u out and u need to stay in a NURSING home u have plenty of $$$ and can eat CURRY fish head everyday in the nursing home....

dont worry our top talent minister provide us with CPF LIFE...

strange i did think of that thats why its IMPORTANT to make PLENTY of $$$$ so if ur kids throw u out and u need to stay in a NURSING home u have plenty of $$$ and can eat CURRY fish head everyday in the nursing home....
    You consider enjoying whie you are young and healthy. By that i dont mean you have to low your money on matreial stuffs.