Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: This round of QE will not increase Singapore landed property prices:

Act blurr har, PN ? . Woahahahhahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    you can also say that now ppl start to realise that landed is under valued for a long time...
    that doesn't mean that it is forming a bubble.
    >$1000psf to buy, <$2 psf to rent. How can that be under value?

At the current price, it simply doesnt make any economic sense to invest in landed property for rental anymore and it might be better to be a tenant if you want to enjoy landed living as there are no shortage of supply in the market. Plus as competition heats up, average family size shrinking, desperate landed owner will be more willing to negotiate just to get someone to help pay their mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

At the current price, it simply doesnt make any economic sense to invest in landed property for rental anymore and it might be better to be a tenant if you want to enjoy landed living as there are no shortage of supply in the market. Plus as competition heats up, average family size shrinking, desperate landed owner will be more willing to negotiate just to get someone to help pay their mortgage.
    Aiya... They won't believe u one la, bro ringo33.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    I see. How big is your Nassim bungalow?

I saw many landed with koi pond and nice landscaping. Do you have a koi pond?
    And do you need to spend a lot of time maintaining them?

Now I sound like YT asking so many questions.
    Hi. Give me a job if you are hiring. Thanks.

You mean I work there with a team of gardeners?
    No. I know nuts about gardening.
    NOPE. I mean u stayed near GALLOP LANE. Dun misunderstand hor... I dun use ip addressing I also not garment people hor.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi. Give me a job if you are hiring. Thanks.
    How to give u a job? whole day in the net reading CondoSingapore..

landed >1000psf say price high then what about OCR condo >1200psf?? which one more worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    How to give u a job? whole day in the net reading CondoSingapore..
    Halor... I tok only bosses do that

Here are the facts according to what I have gathered so far....

Used to own two landed but sold them and said he regretted it.

Now say no regret...got good price but price has been changed to bluff relatives who are after him to borrow money

On the other hand, now owns 1 nassim bungalow which was bought at a good price from a relative but hiddened in co name

Owns several condos

Now strongly advocates others to buy freehold CCR condos...

What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    NOPE. I mean u stayed near GALLOP LANE. Dun misunderstand hor... I dun use ip addressing I also not garment people hor.
    Don't give me a big hat leh. My head too small to wear.
    I'll be blinded wearing it. That's dangerous.

BTW, where is Gallop Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Here are the facts according to what I have gathered so far....

Used to own two landed but sold them and said he regretted it.

Now say no regret...got good price but price has been changed to bluff relatives who are after him to borrow money

On the other hand, now owns 1 nassim bungalow which was bought at a good price from a relative but hiddened in co name

Owns several condos

Now strongly advocates others to buy freehold CCR condos...

What do you think
    What u think is an illusion. It is what u do that matters.

What u think is an illusion. It is what u do that matters.
    What I would do in your position is to persuade more people to buy up more CCR condos so that i can rebalance my portfolio and try to sell off assets which are too heavily weighted at the moment....

My message is clear: BE Careful When buying landed. You have to think of who is the next buyer that will take your landed next time u wanna sell.

What I would do in your position is to persuade more people to buy up more CCR condos so that i can rebalance my portfolio and try to sell off assets which are too heavily weighted at the moment....

very smart...young man, you have a great future ahead of you

very smart...young man, you have a great future ahead of you
    Kum sia...but not much future prospects. Am actually retiree with a bad back. Poor mobility...thats why spend all my time in front of computer visiting forum.....when up for it will get my 'chaffeur' to drive me to showflat or visit sites.

landed >1000psf say price high then what about OCR condo >1200psf?? which one more worthwhile?
    why arent you comparing OCR landed >1000psf vs OCR condo at 1000psf?

why arent you comparing OCR landed >1000psf vs OCR condo at 1000psf?
    what i mean is if ppl still buying OCR at 1200psf, then to me landed at 1000psf is still ok. and for myself, think more worthwhile to go for landed.

of course there are landed which are much lesser than 1000psf and there are of course also OCR condo lesser than 1000psf... if the price is comparable in the same district, then, why not landed?

just my opinion.

I am saying that landed could be headed for a bubble due to artificial price inflation by new buyers in the landed market.

A landed should be a landed: that is: a garden, small pool, acceptable parking spaces, and built up to land ratio should be reasonable.

You dun find the landed now looks like apartments meh ?

A terrace of bulit up 3000sqft but land area of less than 1200sqft is asking for more than S$3Million now. Now, add that twice and you get S$6Million. Then, you compare the price of a 20 years Semi-d and see for yourself.

That is all I can say. Noone can stop you guys from buying or not buying. I am merely sharing with you guys my thoughts from my experience.

Good Luck.
    I very junior, so don't mean to be smart. Just asking
    most unts are 1615sqft for inter terrace. Build up about 3000 sqft.
    can buy ? For less then 2.5 mil reasonable ?

those you dscrible 1200 sounds like dome lelong units in happy ave. Build up 3000 sqft.

what i mean is if ppl still buying OCR at 1200psf, then to me landed at 1000psf is still ok. and for myself, think more worthwhile to go for landed.

of course there are landed which are much lesser than 1000psf and there are of course also OCR condo lesser than 1000psf... if the price is comparable in the same district, then, why not landed?

just my opinion.

I will still pick condo for investment purely because it is easier to find tenant, better yield, and lower maintenance cost.

Also finding buyer for landed property is also difficult because of the big quantum. For a $2 to 3m landed property (which is very ordinary terrace in obscure location) , a buyer with existing mortgage loan will have to pay $800k to $1.2m as down payment in cash or CPF, and this is excluding cost of renovation etc.

How many people you know have this kind of money or are willing to spend on a boxed up terrace with no land.

I will still pick condo for investment purely because it is easier to find tenant, better yield, and lower maintenance cost.

Also finding buyer for landed property is also difficult because of the big quantum. For a $2 to 3m landed property (which is very ordinary terrace in obscure location) , a buyer with existing mortgage loan will have to pay $800k to $1.2m as down payment in cash or CPF, and this is excluding cost of renovation etc.

How many people you know have this kind of money or are willing to spend on a boxed up terrace with no land.

This is my fear, u say it so well that I m now about to say it more clearly that there will be borderline buyers that over stretched themselves to buy landed.

This is my fear, u say it so well that I m now about to say it more clearly that there will be borderline buyers that over stretched themselves to buy landed.
    Hahaha, pardon me, your fear is valid, but it could happen to CCR condo also, any type of property...

Now I'm beginning to feel that you are already biased in one direction, anyway good discussion

Ok, wrong frequency... I meant it more for own stay. Diff opinion. Some would buy condo, rent out condo and stay in hdb, but I think some will rather rent out hdb and enjoy their stay in the condo themselves...

as there will be borderline buyers who will overstretch to buy FH CCR condos (based on strong recommendation of the third-eye) instead of OCR condos EC or resale HDB....

Hahaha, pardon me, your fear is valid, but it could happen to CCR condo also, any type of property...

Now I'm beginning to feel that you are already biased in one direction, anyway good discussion

Well, u just hurt my feelings saying that

as there will be borderline buyers who will overstretch to buy FH CCR condos (based on strong recommendation of the third-eye) instead of OCR condos EC or resale HDB....

Pls la.. I recommend ppl will listen meh... I m merely replicating what is happening in the market over here to share.

Pls la.. I recommend ppl will listen meh... I m merely replicating what is happening in the market over here to share.
    You have vision of the third eye mah plus own a big nassim bungalow + several condos, who dare to ignore the advice of BJ21 ?

I see. How big is your Nassim bungalow?

I saw many landed with koi pond and nice landscaping. Do you have a koi pond?
    And do you need to spend a lot of time maintaining them?

Now I sound like YT asking so many questions.
    Bro BJ21, you haven't answer my question leh.

u know very well every plot in Nassim is different, you ask me this question to zoom in on me. u think i stupid meh...WOAHAHAHAHHAHAHHEHHEHHEHEHHEH
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 17-09-12 at 17:15. Reason: PN trying to locate me...woahahahahahah

next time u see someone that looks like my avatar coming out of the bungalow...that's me lor...heheheheheheh

but take note i no stupid hor.. i will know who is watching me from where hor..hehehehhehehe