Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This round of QE will not increase Singapore landed property prices:

remember i got 4 eyes ? heiheiheihei....not spectacles hor....my car got panorama camera that scan 360 degree everytime I drive there hor...so I will really know who u are....heiheiehiehieh

Default Compare to HK

Hey BJ21,

Do you know that landed ppty in hk fetches in excess of HKD 1 billion?

You can't say it's now a bubble here in Singapore.

I totally believe landed (not terrace) is still undervalued in Singapore.

Our country's size, demographics similar to HK.

Th
    Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    Hey BJ21,

Sigh yo bro localite arh.. Last time I say mass market condo rise, private condo no change also got many bro dun believe me lah. now I say this, it is understandable la. read my starter thread carefully hor.

Hey BJ21,
    totally believe landed (not terrace) is still undervalued in Singapore.

This is a very dangerous way of justifying your investment. This is like saying a lambo in Singapore cost $1.5m and COE at $90k is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    This is a very dangerous way of justifying your investment. This is like saying a lambo in Singapore cost $1.5m and COE at $90k is cheap.

Hmmm...you seem to be more accepting of a comparison where CCR condos are concerned...so its ok to compare NY to SG but not HK to SG

Fromt thread titled "Are our CCR over priced? Compare NY to Singapore"
    if you have been to NY you will know that Manhattan is extreme huge as compare to the Singapore CBD, so it will be difficult to compare apple to apple as certain street in Manhattan can be extremely costly while others not

If you compared the most expensive apartment in NY vs Singapore, I am believe Singapore will still be lagging behind.

Woahahahahahah...Now I know who are the ones heavily vested in CCR condos.... And are waiting anxiously on the sidelines to pick up landed..

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Isn't this amazing..now I know who are the landed owners in this forum liao la...WOAHAHAHHEHHEHEHEHHEH
    Last edited by proper-t; 18-09-12 at 09:25.

Default BULL run

IMHO the situation now is that all assets will rise in comparison to money.

QE unlimited has arrived......

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Hmmm...you seem to be more accepting of a comparison where CCR condos are concerned...so its ok to compare NY to SG but not HK to SG
    Fromt thread titled "Are our CCR over priced? Compare NY to Singapore"

Woahahahahahah...Now I know who are the ones heavily vested in CCR condos.... And are waiting anxiously on the sidelines to pick up landed..
    In my earlier comparison, we were comparing apartment within NY CBD vs Singapore CBD. Both are apartment located in similar business district targeting at similar working class PMET. We aint comparing to Singapore CBD apartment prices to the biggest and most luxury penthouse in NY.

As for Localite, he is comparing Singapore semi-d landed property with HK record breaking bungalow own by billionaires.

See the difference? Or do you still insist that all landed are the same?

In my earlier comparison, we were comparing apartment within NY CBD vs Singapore CBD. Both are apartment located in similar business district targeting at similar working class PMET. We aint comparing to Singapore CBD apartment prices to the biggest and most luxury penthouse in NY.

As for Localite, he is comparing Singapore semi-d landed property with HK record breaking bungalow own by billionaires.

See the difference? Or do you still insist that all landed are the same?
    Hmmmm...so in your opinion, comparing NY CBD apt prices to SG CBD apt prices is NOT only a valid but very safe way of justifying your investment in SG CBD apts?

I quote the last part of your statment in that thread:

"If you compared the most expensive apartment in NY vs Singapore, I am believe Singapore will still be lagging behind."

Great logic...to quote someone..."This is like saying a lambo in Singapore cost $1.5m and COE at $90k is cheap."

I think we all know where yours and BJ21's motivations are in this thread and you should stop before the hole you are digging becomes much bigger.... careful now...don't trip and fall...

Hmmmm...so in your opinion, comparing NY CBD apt prices to SG CBD apt prices is NOT only a valid but very safe way of justifying your investment in SG CBD apts?

I quote the last part of your statment in that thread:

"If you compared the most expensive apartment in NY vs Singapore, I am believe Singapore will still be lagging behind."

Great logic...to quote someone..."This is like saying a lambo in Singapore cost $1.5m and COE at $90k is cheap."

I think we all know where yours and BJ21's motivations are in this thread and you should stop before the hole you are digging becomes much bigger.... careful now...don't trip and fall...
    I believe the discussion in the other thread was about how NY apartments is becoming relatively cheaper as compared to Singapore apartment. what I was saying is that Manhattan is really big and it is difficult to compare apple to apple. What I did highlight was that if we compare the MOST EXPENSIVE Singapore CBD apartment vs, NY most expensive apartment. Singapore is still cheaper. I believe it should be in the range of $4000psf for Singapore and $6500psf for apartment in NY.

As you can see, I am only comparing the MOST EXPENSIVE apartment in both cities, I didn't compare general CBD or CCR apartments with the MOST EXPENSIVE from NY.

As for your case, you are trying to argue the Semi D properties in Singapore is comparable to the most expensive GCB class landed in HK.

see the difference?

Sorry, but I double examined Localite's post with a fine tooth comb and there is no mention of semi-D. He/She only said (not terrace).

Hey BJ21,

Altho' I am not him/her and cannot tell you what was the intention but if he/she means the most expensive landed in SG as a comparison, isn't it similar to what you are comparing.

Anyway, the point is that you warned him that it is a very dangerous way of justifying his/her investment in landed.

What I am asking you (which you have so expertly tried to draw attention away from) is whether the comparisons you are using to justify prices in SG apts is in any way safer than what Localite is comparing?

If not, then we have a classic case of pot calling the kettle black...

Oopss..I told you to be careful....wait , let me get you a rope....

Pleaaaase stop...otherwise my rope not long enough anymore.....
    Last edited by proper-t; 18-09-12 at 14:36.

Sorry, but I double examined Localite's post with a fine tooth comb and there is no mention of semi-D. He/She only said (not terrace).

Altho' I am not him/her and cannot tell you what was the intention but if he/she means the most expensive landed in SG as a comparison, isn't it similar to what you are comparing.

Anyway, the point is that you warned him that it is a very dangerous way of justifying his/her investment in landed.

What I am asking you (which you have so expertly tried to draw attention away from) is whether the comparisons you are using to justify prices in SG apts is in any way safer than what Localite is comparing?

If not, then we have a classic case of pot calling the kettle black...

Oopss..I told you to be careful....wait , let me get you a rope....

Pleaaaase stop...otherwise my rope not long enough anymore.....
    Perhaps your eyes are blinded by the fact that you own landed property (my guess) and you felt offended because I say that using a HKD1 BILLION GCBs to justify for potential price appreciation of Singapore landed property (such as semi d detached, or GCB) is dangerous.

If you think otherwise, perhaps you could tell us why instead of misquoting or paraphrasing.

While you are at in, perhaps you could also share with us why landed property at >$1000psf and renting out at <$2psf is a good investment proposition?

There is no need to act like a computer hero of threatening me lah. see until sian liao.

Perhaps your eyes are blinded by the fact that you own landed property (my guess) and you felt offended because I say that using a HKD1 BILLION GCBs to justify for potential price appreciation of Singapore landed property (such as semi d detached, or GCB) is dangerous.

If you think otherwise, perhaps you could tell us why instead of misquoting or paraphrasing.

While you are at in, perhaps you could also share with us why landed property at >$1000psf and renting out at <$2psf is a good investment proposition?

There is no need to act like a computer hero of threatening me lah. see until sian liao.

Oh dear...did I touch a raw nerve just because I quoted facts...I have never threatened you at all but merely pleaded with you to stop before you find yourself being revealed in a bad light which I think I am already too late to stop.

Unfortunately, when bullies find that they cannot win an argument, they will take certain actions :

1st action - they will STOP replying in context to what was asked or stated in the previous posts. Why? because they have no valid answer to logically counter what was said and they know they will only get more embarrassed if they continue.

2nd action - they will try to change subject quickly by challenging the opponent to answer some sweeping remark OR try to get the opponent worked up by throwing in an emotionally charged statement.

3rd action - If all else fails, they will try to turn the tables and make people think that the opponent is a coward or 'yellow' just because that opponent is matured enough to not engage in such low level fighting.

If you want my views on landed, I will be glad to discuss them with you in a civil logical manner but only after you answer my question posed in my previous post and highlighted in bold below.

Oh dear...did I touch a raw nerve just because I quoted facts...I have never threatened you at all but merely pleaded with you to stop before you find yourself being revealed in a bad light which I think I am already too late to stop.

Unfortunately, when bullies find that they cannot win an argument, they will take certain actions :

1st action - they will STOP replying in context to what was asked or stated in the previous posts. Why? because they have no valid answer to logically counter what was said and they know they will only get more embarrassed if they continue.

2nd action - they will try to change subject quickly by challenging the opponent to answer some sweeping remark OR try to get the opponent worked up by throwing in an emotionally charged statement.

3rd action - If all else fails, they will try to turn the tables and make people think that the opponent is a coward or 'yellow' just because that opponent is matured enough to not engage in such low level fighting.

If you want my views on landed, I will be glad to discuss them with you in a civil logical manner but only after you answer my question posed in my previous post and highlighted in bold below.

Appreciate if you could please stop giving yourself so much credit lah. Credits will come to you when you deserve it. There is no need to keep praising yourself and forcing it down your own throat.

If you are serious about discussing FACTS, lets start this over again.

This is what Localite wrote

totally believe landed (not terrace) is still undervalued in Singapore.
    Our country's size, demographics similar to HK
    Before we touch on my reply to his post, let me ask you if you agree with his/her argument that landed property in Singapore is undervalued because hk landed property fetches HKD 1 billion?

Sorry but you misunderstand. I have never said whether I agreed or sided with his statement nor am I here to defend his statement but what I am questioning is whether your statement (1) below is appropriate when you have used a similar basis (2) in comparison of SG apts with another country?

It just seems strange that you can label someone else's thinking dangerous when you yourself practice it in a similar context. I was merely giving you the opportunity to explain yourself in this respect which upto now I still have not got a clear answer.

Now that everything has been laid out, perhaps we can come back to the real question at hand...do you think that your statement in justifying investments by comparing SG vs NY apts is in any way less dangerous than comparing landed in SG vs HK?

1 . Quote
    "This is a very dangerous way of justifying your investment. This is like saying a lambo in Singapore cost $1.5m and COE at $90k is cheap. "

2. Quote
    "As you can see, I am only comparing the MOST EXPENSIVE apartment in both cities,"

Sorry but you misunderstand. I have never said whether I agreed or sided with his statement nor am I here to defend his statement but what I am questioning is whether your statement (1) below is appropriate when you have used a similar basis (2) in comparison of SG apts with another country?

It just seems strange that you can label someone else's thinking dangerous when you yourself practice it in a similar context. I was merely giving you the opportunity to explain yourself in this respect which upto now I still have not got a clear answer.

Now that everything has been laid out, perhaps we can come back to the real question at hand...do you think that your statement in justifying investments by comparing SG vs NY apts is in any way less dangerous than comparing landed in SG vs HK?

1 . Quote
    "This is a very dangerous way of justifying your investment. This is like saying a lambo in Singapore cost $1.5m and COE at $90k is cheap. "

2. Quote
    "As you can see, I am only comparing the MOST EXPENSIVE apartment in both cities,"
    So let me get this straight.

1) The whole purpose of your participation in this thread is all about Ringo33, it is NOT about what Ringo33 wrote in this this thread.? Y or N?

2) For that, may I presume that Ringo33 must have somehow got one your sensitive nerves with what he wrote, perhaps here, perhaps other threads. Otherwise why would someone bother to scan through Ringo33 old threads just to discuss about something that is totally unrelated.

3) I am actually quite puzzled about what exactly you are trying to prove here?

In the other thread Ringo33 was saying that, if you compared the most expensive apartment in Manhattan, vs the most expensive CBD condo in Singapore, the latter is still more expensive. And he even when as far as saying "Singapore will still be lagging behind"

Ringo33 didnt try to justify that because NY apartment are more expensive, Singapore CBD apartment is undervalued. Perhaps you might have misread what was written?

did I touch a raw nerve just because I quoted facts
    I am not sure what facts you are talking about, but I am pretty sure if there are indeed any facts, it must be from someone you quoted not you.

Firstly , I have to say your question avoidance technique is quite good and you trying to make it into a personal vendetta is actually kinda amusing.

Sorry to disappoint but as Donald Trump says, its nothing personal just business.

I have been trained to critique and evaluate since young so call it a force of habit.

Why puzzled? Shouldn't we question and evaluate whatever is being written in forums. Its all part of learning as well as understanding human psyche. So when one forumer post something which seems at odds with what he/she posts in another thread, shouldn"t you question it?

Anyway, now that you have 'explained yourself', so be it...let it rest and let the forumers come to their own conclusion.

I have to go for physiotherapy now.......chio nurse beckons....

Have a good dinner...peace bro.

Firstly , I have to say your question avoidance technique is quite good and you trying to make it into a personal vendetta is actually kinda amusing.

Sorry to disappoint but as Donald Trump says, its nothing personal just business.

I have been trained to critique and evaluate since young so call it a force of habit.

Why puzzled? Shouldn't we question and evaluate whatever is being written in forums. Its all part of learning as well as understanding human psyche. So when one forumer post something which seems at odds with what he/she posts in another thread, shouldn"t you question it?

Anyway, now that you have 'explained yourself', so be it...let it rest and let the forumers come to their own conclusion.

I have to go for physiotherapy now.......chio nurse beckons....

Have a good dinner...peace bro.
    apology accepted.

full of shit

apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    full of shit
    I was told trolls feed on shit.

It takes a troll to know a troll!

Becos no troll will ever tell anyone they eat shit.

Happy eating!
    Last edited by equalizer; 19-09-12 at 03:19.

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer
    It takes a troll to know a troll!

Becos no troll will ever tell anyone they eat shit.

Happy eating!

the quality of your posts and contribution speaks for itself.
    enuf said.

Sigh...I did plea with you to stop but I fear the rope has run out. Insinuating that people are trolls and that they feed on manure is not the way to go...

Take a leaf from bro bj21 page and exit with some decorum and grace...my respect for bro bj21 has at least increased significantly.

Bro BJ21...I salute you !
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Halor.... Thanks to equaliser and PN for exposing my backside la.. Woahahahahah

Bro pinball and equalizer,

Cut the poor guy some slack. He has a fragile ego and needs to feel self impt and also to be seen to be winning all the time. Push him too far and he will get emotionally distraught and think that people are personally targetting him.

anybody want to buy KL and Jakarta landed properties? compared to Singapore, HK and NY properties, they are cheaper wether you compare average-to-average, most expensive-to-most expensive,psf-to-psf.

so being cheaper, does that make KL and Jakarta a value buy?
    can teach me whether cheaper is the same as undervalue?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    anybody want to buy KL and Jakarta landed properties? compared to Singapore, HK and NY properties, they are cheaper wether you compare average-to-average, most expensive-to-most expensive,psf-to-psf.

so does that make KL and Jakarta a value buy?
    be careful ah...afterwards bro Ringo33 will blind us with his dazzing high quality posts and say it is very dangerous to make such assumptions.

Oh...sori hah....supposed to cut him some slack..but then my post cmi according to him so doesn't really matter.

the quality of your posts and contribution speaks for itself.
    enuf said.

Sigh...I did plea with you to stop but I fear the rope has run out. Insinuating that people are trolls and that they feed on manure is not the way to go...

Take a leaf from bro bj21 page and exit with some decorum and grace...my respect for bro bj21 has at least increased significantly.

Bro BJ21...I salute you !

Bro pinball and equalizer,

Cut the poor guy some slack. He has a fragile ego and needs to feel self impt and also to be seen to be winning all the time. Push him too far and he will get emotionally distraught and think that people are personally targetting him.
    It is really kind of funny to see how someone could so quickly jump in to address Pinball and Equalizer as BROTHER. Its like they have known each other for many years.

May I know when was the last time you and Pinball or EQ have had a discussion in this forum? Perhaps never?

Like i said, your apology is accepted, you dont need any further justification.

It is really kind of funny to see how someone could so quickly jump in to address Pinball and Equalizer as BROTHER. Its like they have known each other for many years.
    remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    also remember, there is no forever friend and there is no forever enemy.

May I know when was the last time you and Pinball or EQ have had a discussion in this forum? Perhaps never?

Like i said, your apology is accepted, you dont need any further justification.
    I do indeed sincerely apologise to you and this forum for what I have driven you to become. I bow in shame. Thank you for the acceptance.

I do indeed sincerely apologise to you and this forum for what I have driven you to become. I bow in shame. Thank you for the acceptance.
    I think it is very clear that your action is driven by that fact that you are offended by other forummer's comment that landed property prices in Singapore is not as UNDERVALUE as what you and fellow landed property owners might have thought.

Instead of countering the argument with facts and numbers to explain why Singapore landed property is undervalue, you went on to dig my post from other thread and start questioning me about NY apartment prices etc without actually realized that you have unknowingly contradicted your own self and trip on your own words.

Perhaps this might be due to your over zealousness that causes you to misread what i have said, or perhaps its just simply your personal character to want to jump into conclusion with seriously giving a thought of what you read.

Like I said before, you can go on to speak highly of yourself, seek "alliances" but at the end of the day it is the facts that count, not the mudslinging.

Once again, if you have a different view of what I have written in this thread, I would warmly engage you and your BROTHERS in a healthy discussion within the context of property.

You win.....

I lose.....

Landed is so overvalued and is an inferior investment asset as compared to condos.

Again I apologise for not taking into account your fragile ego and mental state. Sumimasen....

mr tan, you are full of shit.

I think it is very clear that your action is driven by that fact that you are offended by other forummer's comment that landed property prices in Singapore is not as UNDERVALUE as what you and fellow landed property owners might have thought.

Instead of countering the argument with facts and numbers to explain why Singapore landed property is undervalue, you went on to dig my post from other thread and start questioning me about NY apartment prices etc without actually realized that you have unknowingly contradicted your own self and trip on your own words.

Perhaps this might be due to your over zealousness that causes you to misread what i have said, or perhaps its just simply your personal character to want to jump into conclusion with seriously giving a thought of what you read.

Like I said before, you can go on to speak highly of yourself, seek "alliances" but at the end of the day it is the facts that count, not the mudslinging.

Once again, if you have a different view of what I have written in this thread, I would warmly engage you and your BROTHERS in a healthy discussion within the context of property.