Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: This round of QE will not increase Singapore landed property prices:

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer
    Stick to thread title. Answering a queston with a question very easy. My points are above. Feel free to comment with your supporting facts.
    Dont try to play cat and mouse lah.

If you want to engage me for a proper discussion, then please prove yourself that you are worthy.

Back to our the topic.

1) Singapore government policy on immigrant will boost demand for landed property in Singapore

2) Price of landed property is not inflated by A&A activities

Now you can go ahead and tell us point by point to support your argument.

I repeat, point by point, and any assumptions made will have to supported by facts or economic theories NOT using more assumptions to support your assumptions.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Dont try to play cat and mouse lah.

If you want to engage me for a proper discussion, then please prove yourself that you are worthy.

Back to our the topic.

1) Singapore government policy on immigrant will boost demand for landed property in Singapore

Now you can go ahead and tell us point by point to support your argument.

I repeat, point by point, and any assumptions made will have to supported by facts or economic theories NOT using more assumptions to support your assumptions.
    I think you are the one veering off topic.

TS said qe3 will not increase landed but i say it will. My supporting pts are above. Feel free to comment on my supporting pts if you can. Don't let bj21 down.

I think you are the one veering off topic.

TS said qe3 will not increase landed but i say it will. My supporting pts are above. Feel free to comment on my supporting pts if you can. Don't let bj21 down.
    Those are simply your viewpoints and assumptions, so far there is nothing concrete that you have put out to support your argument.

If those are you views and you want us to believe that you are an expert in landed property, then perhaps you could go one step further to tell us point by point how to come to that conclusion about

Those are simply your viewpoints and assumptions, so far there is nothing concrete that you have put out to support your argument.

If those are you views and you want us to believe that you are an expert in landed property, then perhaps you could go one step further to tell us point by point how to come to that conclusion about

Isn't the whole pt of a forum to discuss views & opinions? If you disagree with my opinions, then feel free to challenge them. But if you can't, then its pointless to keep taunting people to change topic.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    any statistic on
    1) % of new citizen buying landed compared to buying non-landed properties?
    2) % of new citizen buyer as compared to old citizen buyers of landed properties?
    3) % of new citizen buyer as compared to old citizen buyers of non-landed properties?
    where is dtrax when you need him?

from Equaliser:
    ......If they aim for say the lowest target of 25K p.a. and assuming ONLY 10% of these buy a landed, it still amounts to 2500 purchases of landed PER YEAR. I do not know why u r so fixated on yr <2% yield. These new citizens are here to set up home. They are buying for stay NOT for rental whereas the converse is true for EP or PRs who are either in the mkt to rent or to purchase for investment.

my Bull shitting:
    1) if 10% (2500) buy landed, then 90% (22500) buy non-landed.
    2) do you have any statistic on how many landed transactions per year?
    quick browsing manage to give this table:
    http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/455...on-at-a-glance
    equaliser is right in saying that supply of new landed is limited, as can be seen from that link, resale outnumber new sale for landed.

although data is from 2007 january to august, if extrapolate, the total number of landed transactions is 5674 for the whole of 2007.
    so 2500 transactions per year, is it like 44% of landed transactions by new citizens per year. is that a reasonable assumption to make?

then what about the 22500 citizens buying non-landed?
    if extrapolate, the non-landed transactions for 2007 is 31743.
    so 22500 (new citizens) out of 31743 transaction is 70%.

so effect of new citizens on non-landed transactions is bigger than effect of new citizens on landed transactions.

of course, i know all this is BS assumption and figures without hard data.

dtrax, where are you?

Isn't the whole pt of a forum to discuss views & opinions? If you disagree with my opinions, then feel free to challenge them. But if you can't, then its pointless to keep taunting people to change topic.
    You are right, I am here to discuss about your views and opinion on landed property. Earlier in this thread you were saying;

So I am asking you why are you so sure about what you said. What is your supporting proof or evidence behind what you said.

Actually i wont mind if you tell me that you are just wild guessing.

[QUOTE=Ringo33]You are right, I am here to discuss about your views and opinion on landed property. Earlier in this thread you were saying;

So I am asking you why are you so sure about what you said. What is your supporting proof or evidence behind what you said.

Actually i wont mind if you tell me that you are just .

Go read my earlier posts for yr answer otherwise yr comments are just noise......

[quote=equalizer]
    You are right, I am here to discuss about your views and opinion on landed property. Earlier in this thread you were saying;

Actually i wont mind if you tell me that you are just .

Go read my earlier posts for yr answer otherwise yr comments are just noise......

Could you be kind enough to show me which part of what you wrote is worth reading. I mean in the context of this discussion about landed price of course.

Like I said, its perfectly fine if you tell me that you are just making wild guess about landed property.

So again, I am asking you why are you so sure about what you said. What is your supporting proof or evidence behind what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    where is dtrax when you need him?

from Equaliser:
    ......If they aim for say the lowest target of 25K p.a. and assuming ONLY 10% of these buy a landed, it still amounts to 2500 purchases of landed PER YEAR. I do not know why u r so fixated on yr <2% yield. These new citizens are here to set up home. They are buying for stay NOT for rental whereas the converse is true for EP or PRs who are either in the mkt to rent or to purchase for investment.

my Bull shitting:
    1) if 10% (2500) buy landed, then 90% (22500) buy non-landed.
    2) do you have any statistic on how many landed transactions per year?
    quick browsing manage to give this table:
    http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/455...on-at-a-glance
    equaliser is right in saying that supply of new landed is limited, as can be seen from that link, resale outnumber new sale for landed.

although data is from 2007 january to august, if extrapolate, the total number of landed transactions is 5674 for the whole of 2007.
    so 2500 transactions per year, is it like 44% of landed transactions by new citizens per year. is that a reasonable assumption to make?

then what about the 22500 citizens buying non-landed?
    if extrapolate, the non-landed transactions for 2007 is 31743.
    so 22500 (new citizens) out of 31743 transaction is 70%.

so effect of new citizens on non-landed transactions is bigger than effect of new citizens on landed transactions.

of course, i know all this is BS assumption and figures without hard data.

dtrax, where are you?
    Thanks hopeful...very refreshing for someone to read, analyse and then counter with their supporting facts.

Kudos to you for pointing out that the numbers don't make sense but even if my numbers don't play out, all it takes is a handful of future landed txn done at a higher price to cause TS' statement to be inaccurate.

Of course you can always argue that the cause of the increase was not due to QE3 but the onus would be on the TS to prove it since his statement has now been rendered inaccurate. Then it will degenerate into a "you prove it first" fight.

We can go on and on about who is right and who is wrong but won't the important thing be that some landed owners have made money in the interim?

We are all here to share on investment prospects and increase our networth but unfortunately it has degenerated into a bullying ground of who has the most superior intellect and crushing the dissenting opinion at all cost! I must admit I get caught up in it too and thank you for bringing me back to my zen place.

@ringo33,

Its quite pointless to continue this fruitless argument. May you make lots of $$$ from your condos and may all the landed owners here make lots of $$$ from their landed.

Oh and not forgeting BJ21 too.... wishing you BIG BIG profits from your property portfolio.
    Last edited by equalizer; 21-09-12 at 14:38.

Thanks hopeful...very refreshing for someone to read, analyse and then counter with their supporting facts.

Kudos to you for pointing out that the numbers don't make sense but even if my numbers don't play out, all it takes is a handful of future landed txn done at a higher price to cause TS' statement to be inaccurate.

Of course you can always argue that the cause of the increase was not due to QE3 but the onus would be on the TS to prove it since his statement has now been rendered inaccurate. Then it will degenerate into a "you prove it first" fight.

We can go on and on about who is right and who is wrong but won't the important thing be that some landed owners have made money in the interim?

We are all here to share on investment prospects and increase our networth but unfortunately it has degenerated into a bullying ground of who has the most superior intellect and crushing the dissenting opinion at all cost! I must admit I get caught up in it too and thank you for bringing me back to my zen place.

@ringo33,

Its quite pointless to continue this fruitless argument. May you make lots of $$$ from your condos and may all the landed owners here make lots of $$$ from their landed.

Oh and not forgeting BJ21 too.... wishing you BIG BIG profits from your property portfolio.
    It is good that we are moving forward finally. So can I assume that we you are now not so sure if government immigrant policy will help boost the demand for landed property?

As for the next topic, do you still have reason to believe that landed property prices are NOT inflated by A&A activities?

thanks, brother equaliser for your well wishes it touches my heart, I regret I am a man,else I will fall in love with you.

WOAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    thanks, brother equaliser for your well wishes it touches my heart, I regret I am a man,else I will fall in love with you.

WOAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    haha...you are welcome and one heck of a funny guy...must go & visit yr big bungalow but think only swee cha bor can apply

btw better not say such things to @theonlygayinthevillage
    Last edited by equalizer; 21-09-12 at 15:54.

wei don't drag my good friend into the picture ok, he still enjoying his voguecation. wait he cum back 'equalise' your ass then you know....

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    wei don't drag my good friend into the picture ok, he still enjoying his voguecation. wait he cum back 'equalise' your ass then you know....