Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40% Singaporeans buy properties to get rental yield

Default 40% Singaporeans buy properties to get rental yield

Most Singaporeans buy properties just to lease them out
    Nearly 40% of Singaporeans surveyed were interested in rental income from their property.According to a research commissioned by the iProperty Group, of the 1,614 people, 39.7% said that rental income

=> herd mentality ... sign of bubble
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Most Singaporeans buy properties just to lease them out
    Nearly 40% of Singaporeans surveyed were interested in rental income from their property.According to a research commissioned by the iProperty Group, of the 1,614 people, 39.7% said that rental income

=> herd mentality ... sign of bubble
    I am currently leasing out 2 HDBs, and aiming for a 3rd one when my new purchase TOP. I hope it can sustain for another 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I am currently leasing out 2 HDBs, and aiming for a 3rd one when my new purchase TOP. I hope it can sustain for another 10 years.
    whole world know about it alr.....what is it so proud of this achievement? it is not yours!...u did not earn it at all......

When u earn it..then come and shout of it....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    whole world know about it alr.....what is it so proud of this achievement? it is not yours!...u did not earn it at all......

When u earn it..then come and shout of it....
    Hi. I am just expressing my opinion and views on the current trend. I apologize if it sounds boasting to you.

Hi. I am just expressing my opinion and views on the current trend. I apologize if it sounds boasting to you.

what sort of character ur?

I think as more and more condos TOP, rental yield will drop. Most probably by 2016, rent could barely cover your installments. Too much competition on the market if really 40% of the buyers are for renting.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think as more and more condos TOP, rental yield will drop. Most probably by 2016, rent could barely cover your installments. Too much competition on the market if really 40% of the buyers are for renting.

Need to monitor population stats over next few years. Supply vs demand.

Just curious whether you and yr wife the only son & daughter in the family? If so, are you seeing/expecting yr parent & PIL to pass you their asset aka HDB after RIP ?

what sort of character ur?
    I am a Singaporean male guy who yearns for financial freedom and wealth preservation for his future generation.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Just curious whether you and yr wife the only son & daughter in the family? If so, are you seeing/expecting yr parent & PIL to pass you their asset aka HDB after RIP ?
    Hi. I have a brother-in-law though I do not know if my in-laws asset would spilt equally or not.

It is not a very healthy thought to start with. Should always depends on oneself to create wealth.
    Hi. I have a brother-in-law though I do not know if my in-laws asset would spilt equally or not.

Hi bro

Just concern have you ever plan for the day when HDB can no longer be rented out?

Yowetan

Just wondering if HDB allows inherited 2 HDBs to be retained and rented out by both husband and wife even after parents have passed away?

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Yowetan

Just wondering if HDB allows inherited 2 HDBs to be retained and rented out by both husband and wife even after parents have passed away?
    Hi. I have wrote to Khaw Boon Wa before and I understand it has to be sell away. I have prepared for that in case HDB is no longer a rental tool. Then we will sell and switch to other investment channel.

Being said the above, our parents are still healthy and will be with us for a long time.

Hi. I have wrote to Khaw Boon Wa before and I understand it has to be sell away. I have prepared for that in case HDB is no longer a rental tool. Then we will sell and switch to other investment channel.

Being said the above, our parents are still healthy and will be with us for a long time.

Oooops, $2m cash to YT.....no wonder so many people are buying like tomorrow

Why yr PIL not staying with their son instead with you ?

Btw, Traditional way is asset pass to SON. If that is the case, you have to plan ahead if you are depend on their HDB rental as an extras passive income to finance your FH housing .

From your statement, my guess is you are eyeing their ..... !

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is not a very healthy thought to start with. Should always depends on oneself to create wealth.
    Fully agreed .

Yowetan

No. one family is only allow ONE HDB flat !
    Last edited by CondoWE; 17-09-12 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Why yr PIL not staying with their son instead with you ?

Btw, Traditional way is asset pass to SON. If that is the case, you have to plan ahead if you are depend on their HDB rental as an extras passive income to finance your FH housing .

From your statement, my guess is you are eyeing their ..... !

Fully agreed .

No. one family is only allow ONE HDB flat !

My brother-in-law was originally jobless for years, and has been staying with in-laws. Now he is living with us and we are sharing the resources.

My brother-in-law was originally jobless for years, and has been staying with in-laws. Now he is living with us and we are sharing the resources.
    Are you intend to shift all (yr family, Parent, PIL & BIL) into yr new Flamingo Valley once TOP ?

You dont own the 2 HDBs, they belongs to your parents and in laws. So technically, you dont have any property that is being lease out yet.

I remember reading somewhere that a private property owner (without his own HDB flat), that inherits a HDB flat can retain and coninue to rent it out. So you should be able to keep at least one inherited HDB while continuing to stay in private property.

I remember reading somewhere that a private property owner (without his own HDB flat), that inherits a HDB flat can retain and coninue to rent it out. So you should be able to keep at least one inherited HDB while continuing to stay in private property.
    Hi I have one HDB flat. Will the above statement apply to me?

Yes. I am migrating all of my family members to stay under one roof in new home when it is ready.

iirc, He stay in his own HDB so I m sure he can't keep any of the inherited HDB liao !

This does not apply to YT as he is a PC owner.

For a person who has PC, and inherit a HDB, he needs to dispose either OC or HDB

This does not apply to YT as he is a PC owner.

For a person who has PC, and inherit a HDB, he needs to dispose either OC or HDB
    I believe the inherited HDB flat can be retained by private property owner and still continue living/retaining the private property. See the following link.

http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/09/14/...o-inheritance/

as long as you know what u doing u will be safe..

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

now we all depend on ONE man to SAVE us his name is ...Mr B...

where B=BEN BERNAKE

alamak another thread dedicated to mr yt......nowadays very difficult to start topic and discuss topic without using live example...

I believe the inherited HDB flat can be retained by private property owner and still continue living/retaining the private property. See the following link.

Those were the days, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    as long as you know what u doing u will be safe..
    Not really...Sometime, we think we know what we do but actually it's not the way 旁观者清,当局者迷... !

He already has one HDB on hand so he can only inherit the money after sell off their PIL or parent HDB la .
    Last edited by CondoWE; 17-09-12 at 19:34.