Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    This condo gives me a feel of being "mass market", reminds of "Executive Condominium" where building >400 units in 1 limited size estate is a norm for EC. Then, people start to realize that the facilities are not enough (facilities by itself are large but divide by 486 units in Park Infinia and suddenly people start to realize that it is very small indeed!).
    Just to quote 1 example for this 486 units condo estate: 2 tennis courts => on average 283 units share 1 tennis court (vs norm of about 150 sharing 1 tennis court).
    The same can be said about the swimming pool, gym etc facilities. Ops, there is only 1 shower in the toilet beside the swimming pool!
    on the dot....that's the FEEL.

am on a daily basis deliberating with wife on buying Park infinia or residences@evelyn. residences@evelyn is more exclusive from feel....she finds the open concept bathroom unacceptable. but i find it ***y.

you are right on the nos and you havent counted no of people per unit..not to mention when friends and relatives visit and enjoy the facilities as well....for e.g. min 2 persons per unit= 1000 people. await for higher occupation and wld like to watch the traffic. carpark in residences@evelyn is more roomier and half vacant as most occupants/tenants take mrt/cab

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Thing usually happens this way: For a condo with smaller number of units, if just 1 or 2 households always have large number of visitors "hogging" the facilities, we can tell them off easily. But in so large estate and 50 or more households doing the same thing, there is no way to tell them off because they will point to the next family and say that they are also doing the same!

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    on the dot....that's the FEEL.

am on a daily basis deliberating with wife on buying Park infinia or residences@evelyn. residences@evelyn is more exclusive from feel....she finds the open concept bathroom unacceptable. but i find it ***y.

you are right on the nos and you havent counted no of people per unit..not to mention when friends and relatives visit and enjoy the facilities as well....for e.g. min 2 persons per unit= 1000 people. await for higher occupation and wld like to watch the traffic. carpark in residences@evelyn is more roomier and half vacant as most occupants/tenants take mrt/cab

Heard that Park Infinia has not received CSC (certificate of statutory completion) yet despite having TOP for more than 1 year. Anybody know what is the reason that causes BCA not to issue CSC to PI? As far as I know, developers will usually rush to get CSC within half a year after TOP so that they can collect the remaining 15% payment as soon as possible. I have a feeling something is holding back (some structural or whatever problems with the estate?).

I think PI has already received the CSC, your source may be incorrect.

Sometimes i use the new project sales list, issued every 15th of the month, to guage but that may be inaccurate. I don't understand why The Sail and Icon are still in the list so long after their TOP (I had suspected that they have not received their CSC but can't confirm). Park Infinia had disappeared from that list even before it had sold all its remaining units. I had checked and PI has already received their CSC.

Quote Originally Posted by melodies
    Heard that Park Infinia has not received CSC (certificate of statutory completion) yet despite having TOP for more than 1 year. Anybody know what is the reason that causes BCA not to issue CSC to PI? As far as I know, developers will usually rush to get CSC within half a year after TOP so that they can collect the remaining 15% payment as soon as possible. I have a feeling something is holding back (some structural or whatever problems with the estate?).

I am very sure The Sail and Icon had already received CSC but not about PI. Last time I checked (about 4 weeks ago), it still has not received CSC. Will check again from my reliable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    I think PI has already received the CSC, your source may be incorrect.

Sometimes i use the new project sales list, issued every 15th of the month, to guage but that may be inaccurate. I don't understand why The Sail and Icon are still in the list so long after their TOP (I had suspected that they have not received their CSC but can't confirm). Park Infinia had disappeared from that list even before it had sold all its remaining units. I had checked and PI has already received their CSC.

so any idea why the sail and icon still appears on the new home sales list? PI i think quite recently they have received, you can check with your sources, i think pretty confirmed.

I am very sure The Sail and Icon had already received CSC but not about PI. Last time I checked (about 4 weeks ago), it still has not received CSC. Will check again from my reliable sources.

checked my lawyer's letter. CSC for PI obtained in nov 2008.

CSC will come if not received.

most important is to see what d project has to offer versus others

n i still cant convince myself to buy into PI..

EC housing with acceptable finishing in good district for price of prime districts. congestion. only exception in facilities -aqua pool....paying extra$$$for that

Can other projects in same district better PI?

Thanks for forwarding this useful information. I think prices will certainly go up within one or two yrs when the buyers will start moving in. It will be a good investment, but chose the north or east facing near the road, if possible.

You staying in PI? CSC in Nov 2008? So you have fully paid up (no more outstanding 15% payment)? Very surprised to hear this because my understanding is PI TOP in about Aug 2008 and normally CSC only issued at least 6 months or more after TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    checked my lawyer's letter. CSC for PI obtained in nov 2008.

but why would d prices go up in 1-2 years time as the other surrounding projects with better finishing and lower density wld be completed by then. All my friends hv been telling me not to buy project with less than 60 units or more than 200 units. otherwise one looks like a cluster with alot of involvement in management committeee and the other with the feel of public housing.

Quote Originally Posted by shubh
    Thanks for forwarding this useful information. I think prices will certainly go up within one or two yrs when the buyers will start moving in. It will be a good investment, but chose the north or east facing near the road, if possible.

anyone confirmed that the car park had a flooding incident?

You staying in PI? CSC in Nov 2008? So you have fully paid up (no more outstanding 15% payment)? Very surprised to hear this because my understanding is PI TOP in about Aug 2008 and normally CSC only issued at least 6 months or more after TOP.
    if i recall correctly, PI TOP'd in mar 2008, so nov 2008 is pretty normal. so, yes, this means that keppel has received every single cent of what is due to them. what's misleading, maybe, could be due to them still being on-site issuing keys and doing unit defect fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by shubh
    what do you mean by north or east facing near the road? what road is this?

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    anyone confirmed that the car park had a flooding incident?
    i use the carpark everyday, but am not aware of any flooding incident.

thanks
    looks like false rumor

Im looking to buy on next dip
    can u advise which stack has
    1. 3 bedrooms
    2. face pool or morning sun

but why would d prices go up in 1-2 years time as the other surrounding projects with better finishing and lower density wld be completed by then. All my friends hv been telling me not to buy project with less than 60 units or more than 200 units. otherwise one looks like a cluster with alot of involvement in management committeee and the other with the feel of public housing.
    <100 units usually smallish project with small land size & high maintenance fees. Own stay by all means, i will pass if foe investment. Your friends are certainly novice investors. Does Ardmore Park give u a public housing feel?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    <100 units usually smallish project with small land size & high maintenance fees. Own stay by all means, i will pass if foe investment. Your friends are certainly novice investors. Does Ardmore Park give u a public housing feel?
    I shld rephrase from "public house" to "congested" feel. I'm sure you will be searching for parking space all the time. let's hear comments from those who stayed in larger projects > 300 units

I shld rephrase from "public house" to "congested" feel. I'm sure you will be searching for parking space all the time. let's hear comments from those who stayed in larger projects > 300 units
    Usually such condo >300 units has Full condo facilities including tennis court and a reasonable size pool. Strangely, parking spaces are more ample than small projects cos not every household own a car as some are tenanted units. Smallish projects have more parking space problems. Do the math. U will know what i mean. Good luck

Usually such condo >300 units has Full condo facilities including tennis court and a reasonable size pool. Strangely, parking spaces are more ample than small projects cos not every household own a car as some are tenanted units. Smallish projects have more parking space problems. Do the math. U will know what i mean. Good luck

I agree.. there is no parking issues at PI.. plenty of spaces .. since most of the units are tenanted and do not own cars. The train station is just stone throw away.. so convenient

i'm staying in project in D21 with units > 500 units. finding carpark is a nightmare, esp. when COE was lower, newer generation prefers to own a car and when each household/unit owns more than one car.

surprisingly smaller projects I've seen of late - gilstead 38, gloucester, d'evelyn have ample parking. and esp. those nearer to MRT, for e.g. residences@evelyn although with units > 200.

as mentioned in earlier posts, 2 persons x no of units, developer needs to build larger facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    Im looking to buy on next dip
    can u advise which stack has
    1. 3 bedrooms
    2. face pool or morning sun
    you should be looking out for:
    - stack 2 (the one with the best views)
    - stack 1
    - stack 8 (better view than stack 1)
    - stack 11 (the biggest sized 3bedder)
    - stack 14 (not wise to choose this as it'll be blocked by viva)

i'm staying in project in D21 with units > 500 units. finding carpark is a nightmare, esp. when COE was lower, newer generation prefers to own a car and when each household/unit owns more than one car.

surprisingly smaller projects I've seen of late - gilstead 38, gloucester, d'evelyn have ample parking. and esp. those nearer to MRT, for e.g. residences@evelyn although with units > 200.

as mentioned in earlier posts, 2 persons x no of units, developer needs to build larger facilities.
    maybe, when mrt comes your way, the parking situation will get better. regarding facilities... not sure about others, but i hardly ever use them. i tend to think there are others like me in the estate.

Personally I prefer PI over Res Evelyn. Spent 6-9 months scouting both developments. Visited numerous units in both..

PI, tho appears to have that many units, never felt too crowded for me.

I like stack 14 as layout was more functional, without the planters, pte lifts etc. Stack 3 was not bad too.

In end found the living rooms a bit too small for me. I need lots of space.

Quote Originally Posted by qus
    Personally I prefer PI over Res Evelyn. Spent 6-9 months scouting both developments. Visited numerous units in both..

PI, tho appears to have that many units, never felt too crowded for me.

I like stack 14 as layout was more functional, without the planters, pte lifts etc. Stack 3 was not bad too.

In end found the living rooms a bit too small for me. I need lots of space.
    i personally feel otherwise....Res Evelyn has the exclusivity. The only attraction i see in PI is it's BIG...material finishing (door, tiles, kitchen) is lacking compared to Res Evelyn. projects in east coast have better quality finishes

and feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top. Across big drain, prices are cheaper.

just again had another session with wife on buying PI or Res Evelyn. trying to convince myself why not buy PI.....

i personally feel otherwise....Res Evelyn has the exclusivity. The only attraction i see in PI is it's BIG...material finishing (door, tiles, kitchen) is lacking compared to Res Evelyn. projects in east coast have better quality finishes

and feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top. Across big drain, prices are cheaper.

just again had another session with wife on buying PI or Res Evelyn. trying to convince myself why not buy PI.....
    i was looking back at the threads and noticed that u hv been on this debate of PI and Res evelyn every other day or week since jan 09 or so.............!!!????!!!

In that case, the ship has long sailed..

you should be looking out for:
    - stack 2 (the one with the best views)
    - stack 1
    - stack 8 (better view than stack 1)
    - stack 12 (the biggest sized 3bedder)
    - stack 14 (not wise to choose this as it'll be blocked by viva)
    oops... pls note that stack 11 should be stack 12 instead. always get these 2 stacks mixed up.