Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: City Life@Tampines EC by SingXpress Land

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    That's why I would say young couples with about 10-12k income can go for the EC.
    Like what I said, EC should not even be launched in the first place. Exec & masionette is good enough and at reasonable price if peg to salary for this group.

The cap is only at 12k and that's not alot considering most are calculated on the basis of combine income. Suppose 10k to 12k combine for these 1st timers. Take home pay per peron only 5k nia per person. U think alot with inflation and upcoming kids expenses, parents expenses, etc. One cannot afford to lose or give up their jobs.
    Such groups are also the high spender. Look at the bags that these young workinh class carry. Everyone monkey see monkey do. Lv lah, prade lah... Goodness! How much can they save per month after discounting their expenses?

Wanting to buy a BTO near amenities is comparable on striking a TOTO.
    Disagreed with some of the points, given a choice many will just go for BTO and if possible near amenities as high COE is near impossible to affort.
    With many restriction on BTO, many have opt for other alternative.
    Singles is a group who had left out with consideration of those who need a roof over the head.
    EC make up of 95% first timer, now 70%.
    Those 2nd timer who were left out will just go for PC.
    Last 2-3 years the market had provided many PC options, this increases the interest of buying.
    Young ppl cannot wait for their luck to come for a BTO while at the same time making babies, going for EC is just like pay more to cut queue or bypass the lucky draw process tho they still have queue on EC but at least it shorter higher chance.

I don't think EC is an option for them to get their first home through paying more. Its definitely alot more. I'm not sure about you but I do agree that maybe some minority are doing it.

Punggol & Sengkang is still hot despite not excellent in terms of amenities.
    There is not much restriction on first timers who are planning to set up a home. Nowadays, getting a unit is much easier.
    However, sadly, for most that I've known that applied for EC, it's EC straight without even trying BTOs.

Guess it's the lifestyle that the new generation is looking forward to.
    This is a fact that we can't deny.

Not easy to get a BTO/SBF in mature estate, even harder for one near to MRT or town center. Ulu place is alot easier n cheaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukubird
    Like what I said, EC should not even be launched in the first place. Exec & masionette is good enough and at reasonable price if peg to salary for this group.

The cap is only at 12k and that's not alot considering most are calculated on the basis of combine income. Suppose 10k to 12k combine for these 1st timers. Take home pay per peron only 5k nia per person. U think alot with inflation and upcoming kids expenses, parents expenses, etc. One cannot afford to lose or give up their jobs.
    Such groups are also the high spender. Look at the bags that these young workinh class carry. Everyone monkey see monkey do. Lv lah, prade lah... Goodness! How much can they save per month after discounting their expenses?
    Those who earn 12k combined and buy prada and channel are plain stupid. Unless they are in very specific jobs where these branded goods can actually help them get better pay and increments due to job related performances. Most of the time, there isn't a need to carry these bags.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Those who earn 12k combined and buy prada and channel are plain stupid. Unless they are in very specific jobs where these branded goods can actually help them get better pay and increments due to job related performances. Most of the time, there isn't a need to carry these bags.

Spending abit of money to buy something to pamper and reward urself for hardwork is definitely ok. Nothing to do with income bracket actually. Its a sad story if u cant buy the item u like if u are making 12k combined or even 6K.

There is also no jobs where branded goods can help u get a better pay. If u can name me, perhaps u can tell me and i will make sure i get dressed up with all luxury goods head to toe and get that job to help me defray the cost of my spendings.

A need to carry these bags? Definitely no, but these bag can have a good lifespan if taken care properly which can translate into savings long term compared to a sub standard bag which can last. Example would be like a nylon handbag compared to a leather bag.

Just my tots... Cheers

I don't think EC is an option for them to get their first home through paying more. Its definitely alot more. I'm not sure about you but I do agree that maybe some minority are doing it.

Punggol & Sengkang is still hot despite not excellent in terms of amenities.
    There is not much restriction on first timers who are planning to set up a home. Nowadays, getting a unit is much easier.
    However, sadly, for most that I've known that applied for EC, it's EC straight without even trying BTOs.

Guess it's the lifestyle that the new generation is looking forward to.
    This is a fact that we can't deny.
    EC is a class of property aimed at couples or families neither making too much to qualify for condo nor too low to qualify for BTO. So HDB came up with this idea to reduce the competition of this group of people applying BTO with those who are truly in need of them and cant afford something not within their reach. EC is also priced lower than a PC to make sure such sandwiched is able to afford and service their loan. And of course measures are taken to make sure applicants do not over qualify therefore combined income must be less than 12k.

Well, the statement of you saying is NOT an option sounded rather incorrect to me. Applicants might have savings to actually fund for it and even have family members help to acquire such EC unit. To me this is also a blessing. This ultimately fulfill the goal of what our government wants i.e. new couple is more likely to have kid(s). Note that EC is pro first timers which u are well aware of.

Conclusion if u think u can afford a EC and ur lifestyle needs can be fulfilled by strata-titled properties with sport and recreational facilities, why still try a BTO? Not forgetting BTO is always over subscribed and the wait is too long. This is why couples are putting off having their first kid.

Quote Originally Posted by charle
    Spending abit of money to buy something to pamper and reward urself for hardwork is definitely ok. Nothing to do with income bracket actually. Its a sad story if u cant buy the item u like if u are making 12k combined or even 6K.

There is also no jobs where branded goods can help u get a better pay. If u can name me, perhaps u can tell me and i will make sure i get dressed up with all luxury goods head to toe and get that job to help me defray the cost of my spendings.

A need to carry these bags? Definitely no, but these bag can have a good lifespan if taken care properly which can translate into savings long term compared to a sub standard bag which can last. Example would be like a nylon handbag compared to a leather bag.

Just my tots... Cheers
    you can pamper yourself with good food and some nice clothes once a while, i see people spend $5-7k on a handbag and these are people who earn maybe $5k a month! the opportunity cost for those in that income bracket where the funds can be put to better use is so great. when they get to $10-15k a month per pax then buy those things also not too late.

so we'll just have to agree to disagree. i just think that is a spendthrift habbit to be in that income bracket and splurge so much in a handbag.

unless they argue to say their sales job requires them to dress up to impress their clients, then i can perhaps reluctantly accept that reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by charle
    EC is a class of property aimed at couples or families neither making too much to qualify for condo nor too low to qualify for ....

Well u need not explain why EC existed in the first place..., almost everyone knows.

Anyway, the eligibility criteria is just a regulation set by hdb, and u can blur blur follow.

Hmm.... No wonder pri school kids can ask me whether I stay in condo or hdb. Of course, I was taken aback by their question!

Frankly speaking, once a spendthrift, it's really difficult to kick.

Yes, those bags do hv a relatively longer lifespan than those so called unbranded ones (though i hv to say only afew selected ones), but sadly many still buy them frequently as the existing ones are no longer in fashion.

Well u need not explain why EC existed in the first place..., almost everyone knows.

Anyway, the eligibility criteria is just a regulation set by hdb, and u can blur blur follow.

Hmm.... No wonder pri school kids can ask me whether I stay in condo or hdb. Of course, I was taken aback by their question!

haha, kids today so smart knows why is HDB and condo.. i dun even know what is a condo when i am a kid.

Now 30% MSR plus BTO = 4yrs income, any diff as b4?
    I dun see any, it's the supply n COV that's matters.

100% sold. expected TOP 2016

The owner of the ph most happy with their purchase. Young couple can play hide and seek