Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Eco Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu1245
    Please don't get me wrong.I am not complaining about insect noise. I am stating a fact that virgin forest such as 'Gunung Tahan'(In Malaysia) is also noisy at night. The noise does not come from insect, believe it come from wild animals like all kinds of monkey,wild birds,wild boar etc. In fact can hardly hear any insect noise as these were 'masked' by the sound of larger animals.

Just wondering, since you mention insect, will there be higher risk of mosquitoes' bites (may results in malaria/dengue) for those staying near hills/forests/jungle/park
    ...anyway, Wild boar are relatively quiet creatures...unless of course they are angry or scared. It is on those occasions that the emit their most blood curdling squeals.....I wonder what you were doing to them up on Gunung Tahan.....likewise...monkeys make noise when they are excited...hmmmm....don't think these issues are of any concern with Eco Sanctuary nor the neighboring developments....

Quote Originally Posted by Nighttrain
    Insect better than bike noise
    Depends on what insect. If certain mosquitoes(e.g. dengue carrier) , it can be dangerous..............
    Believe those staying near forest may be 'forest-killed' as a result if not careful....

Depends on what insect. If certain mosquitoes(e.g. dengue carrier) , it can be dangerous..............
    Believe those staying near forest may be 'forest-killed' as a result if not careful....
    If you think all those mosquitoes in your yard are flying in from some far away forest, you may need to think again. The mosquito lives and breeds in urban areas and odds are it is making its home in your yard at this very moment.....or in your indoor chute....and the lovely reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by chueec
    The white lines are walking trails. I have walked the trails a couple of times. You can start the walk at the path near the end of Chestnut Ave (turn right to enter the path) and complete a loop round the forested area including the PUB water treatment plant and back. One loop takes above 1.5 hours.

The reservoir views along the trails are just fantastic. One can also see Tree House and Foresque from the very straight path and open area just beside the PUB water treatment plant. It is a place worth venturing...but not after a heavy rain.

There is also a path that leads to Upper Pierce Reservoir. One can see the path from Goggle Map.
    Here's what you can find as per mentioned in the quote above:

But not for those who are scared of mosquitoes....do note that this is about 30 minutes walk from the condos...so don't think the mosquitoes like to travel that far to breed here.....they might prefer reservoirs that are nearer to condos...

Bro Dan, thanks for sharing the photos...they are very nice indeed especially the bottom one...can become a wallpaper for my PC. I would like to share some of my photos taken there but unable to upload successfully...could not figure out what went wrong...maybe you can enlighten me how you did it.

Did you manage to take pictures of Tree House and Foresque from the open area (straight path) beside the PUB water treatment plant? From the pictures one can have a rough gauge whether his unit can see the Upper Pierce reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by chueec
    Bro Dan, thanks for sharing the photos...they are very nice indeed especially the bottom one...can become a wallpaper for my PC. I would like to share some of my photos taken there but unable to upload successfully...could not figure out what went wrong...maybe you can enlighten me how you did it.

Did you manage to take pictures of Tree House and Foresque from the open area (straight path) beside the PUB water treatment plant? From the pictures one can have a rough gauge whether his unit can see the Upper Pierce reservoir.
    I did not go all the way as it was getting cloudy and I did not want to be caught in a thunderstorm in there. Will do so next trip....

I upload using a link on my flickr,
    1)Clicking on action tab in flickr, I choose all sizes.
    2)Control click on the image, choose open in new window
    3)Copy the URL and paste on the add image pop up window.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    I did not go all the way as it was getting cloudy and I did not want to be caught in a thunderstorm in there. Will do so next trip....

I upload using a link on my flickr,
    1)Clicking on action tab in flickr, I choose all sizes.
    2)Control click on the image, choose open in new window
    3)Copy the URL and paste on the add image pop up window.
    Bro how many % u have paid for the tree house ..just want to compare the building pace of tree house and fr.. I just paid 40% last week.. Since u mention th going to top April 2013 . And y fr is 2014mid one year diff

Hi...I will like to know - between TH, FR and ES - which one of them has :

1. The better landscape
    2. Better location strategically (Though sitting next to each other)
    3. Pricing profile
    4. Facilities

Those who has/have already researched, please do share and shed some light here. TIA.

Bro how many % u have paid for the tree house ..just want to compare the building pace of tree house and fr.. I just paid 40% last week.. Since u mention th going to top April 2013 . And y fr is 2014mid one year diff
    We are 2 stages from Notice of Vacant possession...so should be at 55%, we should be asked to pay another 5% soon for the completion of roads and carpark looking at the progress...after that 25% at TOP and finally the 15% at legal completion.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

1. The better landscape
    3. Pricing profile
    4. Facilities

Those who has/have already researched, please do share and shed some light here. TIA.
    Read for yourself, everyone has different opinions and preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    U can consider staying in a box, find a place deep underground...LCK not a bad place. Confirm can meet your expectations.

...this is more appropriate.

We are 2 stages from Notice of Vacant possession...so should be at 55%, we should be asked to pay another 5% soon for the completion of roads and carpark looking at the progress...after that 25% at TOP and finally the 15% at legal completion.
    Thanks for u infor.. Looking forward to pay money.. Which mean finish ceiling work 5%, brick work 5% and install door and window 5% .need another 6 month to do all this

Upon the grant of Option to Purchase 5% – 10% (booking fee)
    Upon signing of the Sale & Purchase Agreement or within 8 weeks from the Option date 20% less booking fee
    Completion of foundation work 10%
    Completion of reinforced concrete framework of unit 10%
    Completion of brick walls of unit 5%
    Completion of roofing/ceiling of unit 5%
    Completion of electrical wiring, internal plastering, plumbing and installation of door and window frames of unit 5%
    Completion of car park, roads and drains serving the housing project 5%
    Notice of Vacant Possession 25%
    On Completion Date 15%

Upon the grant of Option to Purchase 5% – 10% (booking fee)
    Upon signing of the Sale & Purchase Agreement or within 8 weeks from the Option date 20% less booking fee
    Completion of foundation work 10%
    Completion of reinforced concrete framework of unit 10%
    Completion of brick walls of unit 5%
    Completion of roofing/ceiling of unit 5%
    Completion of electrical wiring, internal plastering, plumbing and installation of door and window frames of unit 5%
    Completion of car park, roads and drains serving the housing project 5%
    Notice of Vacant Possession 25%
    On Completion Date 15%
    So for payment the developer really ask for 5% per time or one short 15% or 10% first since ceiling and brick wall are build together ..

So for payment the developer really ask for 5% per time or one short 15% or 10% first since ceiling and brick wall are build together ..
    I do not remember adjusting my installment that often, I think they do lump together.

Normally the ground floor units do not have their window frames installed until much later, like some ground floor units at TH still do not have the window frames installed, they are just beginning to work on the plastering, but the rest from 2nd floor are more or less completed.

1. The better landscape
    3. Pricing profile
    4. Facilities

I would suggest u to wait and buy es since u miss the boat of th and fr.. Go for es Vvip sale get more discount and next time u got better resale price.. Plus better view rather than buy from resale market.. After es launch wt may drop price or es may sell at the same price as wt . So to u it still the same. For fr u dun have much choice unit.. Th all sold .. So y dun go for es.. Do ur study .. Bro Dan already post all the 3 site map together plus reservoir view map .. Plus es is the last project confirm once u selected ur reservoir view unit it will not be block by anything.pls bear in mind the view is one thing the noise from pie. But all nice sea view condo along Ecp also having the same problem and they are not cheap also. One four bedded silver sea unit sell at $5.1 m but down stair is Ecp .. My younger brother brought a 5 room hdb at teban garden got nice reservoir but the air very dirty as the 3 burner from jurong island keep burning .. Older brother just get key from waterfront key also got nice reservoir view with a small road in front so ok not much noise. But in this forum a lot of good and bad comment and that very useful before u make ur purchase.. Just read th, fr, Petir rd and sm.

I would suggest u to wait and buy es since u miss the boat of th and fr.. Go for es Vvip sale get more discount and next time u got better resale price.. Plus better view rather than buy from resale market.. After es launch wt may drop price or es may sell at the same price as wt . So to u it still the same. For fr u dun have much choice unit.. Th all sold .. So y dun go for es.. Do ur study .. Bro Dan already post all the 3 site map together plus reservoir view map .. Plus es is the last project confirm once u selected ur reservoir view unit it will not be block by anything.pls bear in mind the view is one thing the noise from pie. But all nice sea view condo along Ecp also having the same problem and they are not cheap also. One four bedded silver sea unit sell at $5.1 m but down stair is Ecp .. My younger brother brought a 5 room hdb at teban garden got nice reservoir but the air very dirty as the 3 burner from jurong island keep burning .. Older brother just get key from waterfront key also got nice reservoir view with a small road in front so ok not much noise. But in this forum a lot of good and bad comment and that very useful before u make ur purchase.. Just read th, fr, Petir rd and sm.

I do not think I have any spare cash for it. May I know what is the latest stamp duty structure like?

I do not think I have any spare cash for it. May I know what is the latest stamp duty structure like?
    ....what happened to the war chest that you accumulated for Mt Sinai/FV?

....what happened to the war chest that you accumulated for Mt Sinai/FV?
    Hi I am building it and preparing for Henry Park apartment... I am waiting. Being said that, I am also keen in Eco Santuary.

1. The better landscape
    3. Pricing profile
    4. Facilities

agent call me last night say their Vvip launch may be this weekend or next one . Ask to meet to show me the floor plan lay out but need to pass him a cheque to book a place to go in the show flat.. Any one interested may go to site to do ur booking .

If you think all those mosquitoes in your yard are flying in from some far away forest, you may need to think again. The mosquito lives and breeds in urban areas and odds are it is making its home in your yard at this very moment.....or in your indoor chute....and the lovely reservoir.
    Mosquitoes can breed with stagnant water puddle the size of 20c (so they say). Can you imagine how many of these potential mosquito sites there are at housing near/next to Nature Reserve which cannot be controlled with fumigation or NEA fine as there are part of NATURE?

For urban site, NEA(thru enforcement/education) and residents (cooperation) can do something to keep mosquito at bay.

Which has a higher risk of mosquito and dengue risk? Logic will tell.....

Mosquitoes can breed with stagnant water puddle the size of 20c (so they say). Can you imagine how many of these potential mosquito sites there are at housing near/next to Nature Reserve which cannot be controlled with fumigation or NEA fine as there are part of NATURE?

For urban site, NEA(thru enforcement/education) and residents (cooperation) can do something to keep mosquito at bay.

me always got mosquito bites when I play golf...

something more scary than mosquitos.

the pischaacha.

You are so funny and anyhow say Dairy Farm and Upper Bukit Timah area dengue hotspot? Do you know those mozzies deep within nature are different from those that live around people's houses and breed in stagnant water? These mozzies are not the dengue mozzies and they generally do not wander out of the nature reserves and live in people's houses. Singapore's dengue and mosquito hotspots are listed on NEA website. You would be surprised - the hotspots are usually far from the nature reserves like Changi and Serangoon and Woodlands. Why not you just visit some of the condos near nature in Bukit Timah or Upper Bukit Timah and see if full of dengue mozzies without spewing rubbish?

Hey Pikachu, I've read most of the posts and most relate to how much you hated nature and the sounds of insects and animals in the forest may kill you and stuff like that. I appreciate your point of view and understand some people would prefer all nature to be destroyed so that "wild" animals and sound of the forest no longer exist but there are others who believe the nature should be conserved and preserved. Frankly I prefer the sound of the cicada to traffic noise. So if you really prefer built-up areas far from nature, then you should look for such properties which are in abundance. I'm sure there are lots of such properties when you don't come across many trees or animals or insects and only human, cars and concrete.

vvip launch not yet but there are already several postings in propertyguru ... insider buyers?

Give a cheque to see the showroom??
    Must be a joke...for a location far far away from Hillview MRT...

Everyone knows the developer overpaid for the land cost.
    It's a Malaysia developer.
    How good their standard, better do a research if this is their 1st property development in Singapore.
    What is their track record internationally??

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Give a cheque to see the showroom??
    Must be a joke...for a location far far away from Hillview MRT...

Everyone knows the developer overpaid for the land cost.
    It's a Malaysia developer.
    How good their standard, better do a research if this is their 1st property development in Singapore.
    What is their track record internationally??
    Petty standard practice nowadays for the perceived higher demand properties to ask for cheques to be submitted for previews.....

Lets see how the sales first before you draw your conclusion, Skies Miltonia achieved above 1k psf even though their land price was actually lower....that was also far from MRT. As mentioned in past discussion, MRT is not the conclusive determinant for prices as there are other factors that attracts buyers.

Tree House must have surprised market watchers like you when it sold out within a couple of months. Foresque is also selling briskly in their staggered launches.

And do not look down on Malaysia's developer, they do have pretty impressive portfolio if you know KLCC property scene or Penang.

Anyone can just comment without support of URA data..
    Comparison is meaningful if we compare apple to apple, not apple to orange.

Comparing this project with skies miltonia is not practical, surrounding view is much different.

Foresque residences struggled to sell, data shows 83% sold after more than one and half year.
    While Skies miltonia with data shows 74% sold after less than 2 months.
    TreeHouse is popular cos of competitive pricing 2 years ago (below $900psf)...

Malaysia developer? What is their track record here??