Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LUMA (D9, Freehold, Novelty Group)

Thumbs up

hi guys & gals... sorry to have interupted into your power debates on the current market situation and market sentiments. somehow I just can't resist to make just humble comments of my own and hopefully you guys will not be bombarding me when you see my postings.. haha..

Okie, let's start with the current stock market, the uncertainties in the current stock markets has caused a lot of fear, confusion as mentioned by a few of our fellow forumers has said, USD $5 for citi shares...who would have expect that their shares could be so dirt cheap today? who can guarantee that citi shares can still worth even $0.50 by tomorrow? nobody can!!! they have even nearly gone bust! Have we asked ourselves why did such things happened to the united states that actually affected most of the countries globally? Sub-prime issues resulted all these... in fact if we look at the market carefully, sub-prime has its existence since many years back.. it was never a problems till the us exchange against most other currencies weaken tremendously. six months back we were talking about the exchange against sgd is 1.3++. US has always been regarded as one of the major importer & exporter of most commodities/industries. if we look at the US exchange rate 4-5years back then was approx. 1.7-1.8 and people were even taolking about it shooting above 1.9. eventually it just kept dropping till we gets 1.4-1.3. over these 4-5years, many companies in US either chose to haul their production or shift their factories into the asian while those who cannot afford simply reduce their imports and price their product higher which made it not competitive in the market and eventually have to shut their factories, live on with existing stocks available and eventually go bust resulting in high unemployment rate.

high unemployment rates resulted in high loan repayment defaults to the bank, finance companies. Repossession taken place in extremely high pace and flooded in the entire property market. banks and financing companies were not able to recover the full value of the properties and thus also have to follow suit to sell them to retrieve whatever they can so as to make payment to bigger banks or investment banks like lehmann bros. when they were not able to they goes into trouble too. big companies and banks like lehmann bros also have a loan to pay off to the international banks etc and that's when they can't pay it off and realised that the income were not even enough to pay of the existing debts thus gone bust. major banks who buy loan application from such companies starts to get affected and slowly gone into troubles. rest of the world starts to get hit more or less may not be at all related to this issue but still gets the waves of it as fears injects into the general public which causes them into panic selling and cashing out whatever they can retrieve from their stocks. prices starts falling too!!!

The current market situation may seems to be kinda deep well for most of us looking down and wonder when will we actually reach the end of it. but looking back did we also realise something? there are no lowest and highest in the entire stock market or even their brokers can never tell you when its gonna hit the lowest or the highest till such time when it really did and eventually past and recorded in the history. that's where the newspapers reports come in and tells everyone that the market is at its peak and the general public goes into it and tries to be the first but realised they will never be the one who gets the best profits or even the best deal cos most of the profits had already been pocketed by wise investors.

Looking back into our property market, its a similar cycle as the stock market except for one fact. property will never go bust like the stocks where overnight your property is worth a single cent at all unless the entire singapore sinks into the sea. stock are mainly generated due to the demand and supply of it while property do not simply depends on such theory. Property is also very much depends on the inflation rates. Inflations are not somehow a simple issue where anybody or any country can control. as long as the world is still advancing and keeps going into the modernisation inflation will just keep snowballing.

A simple example, I was 14 when my mum bought our first hdb 4rm in tampines. back then she was screaming that it was really such an expensive purchase as it cost us sgd $66k. expensive then but totally dirt cheap to us now! How much is a brand new hdb 4rm cost us now? I remember able to buy an ice-cream for $0.10-0.20 then but I almost fainted just now when I went to a store to pick up some groceries and saw the price of $0.90-1.00 for a simple ice-cream when I was craving for one. haiz.. what a childhood comparison, seems cruel and useless but if we really think hard enough, why would a property investment a good investment? cos property are simply too prone to inflation rates thru out the entire globe where the resources are not forever! price goes up for a reason! if the demand and supply factor are so strong to curb the inflation rates then let's ask ourselves, how much was a pack of chicken rice when you knew how to buy? the day I buy the first pack of chicken rice was $1.20 cos I am not a rice person. there was already a lot of stalls selling chicken rice back then with tonnes of competition but yet is there anything we can do to stop the price from going up? none! the average chicken rice price today is about $2.50-3.00. did the price goes up cos there were significantly drop of chicken rice stall owners? in fact there were even more! some coffeeshop even have two rice stall selling normal chicken rice and the other selling roasted chicken rice. even boon tong kee and 5star chicken set up their own so called the chicken rice restaurant. Are they really that good that we are willing to pay easily 100% more just to eat? eating is to give you energy but do we really need to go to that extend of paying so much more?

Let's take another important factor to consider... how about our every month end salary, if you start your first job with $1k after working for 20 years or even more can you still be contented drawing $1k every end of the month? I doubt so!!! just in case some of us is not aware, salary is part of the cause contributing to higher inflation rate. I used to draw barely $500 per month as a army regular but just 5 years later I realised all my junior who entered army for barely 2 years has salary that is almost catching up with mine!!! what a ironic!

Modernisation in life has a cost and the cost is resulting in just simply higher and higher cost! I honeslty wish I can also turn the clock back and live in the kinda life where I can get $1.20 for a pack of chicken rice, $0.10 for an ice-cream and of course $1.20 for a pack of cigarette but lets face it... its never possible unless another meteor drops on the entire earth to create and total mass distruction and we simply have to start all over again primitively. even with that I believe with our current adaptivity the modernisation could even evolve much faster then the rate our ancestors had experienced.

Back into the real life, since these are simply never gonna be possible then taking consideration of the inflation rates that keep on going higher and higher and higher. property prices which is mainly driven by the inflation will definitely be higher and higher. Of course due to certain global finance crisis and economical situation, we will see some drop in the prices. As an agent I cannot assure you it will not drop further or even when it will drop, I also cannot assure how much its will drop.. but similarly, nobody can deny the fact that property price will definitely shoot up to it next high again! am sure farnie and the rest of you will also agree with me by then you cannot assure me whether the price really at its peak or will go further more and how much further it will go. In fact as an agent we do look at the property more carefully then anybody else in the world just like those brokers will definitely analyse the stock market more carefully then the rest of us who are not in the industry cos its their job to advise their client. To be fair to us agents, we are definitely not in a better industry then the stock brokers. Most often we get penalised and badmouthed by a lot of people due to some wrong doings or misguidings from other agents and likely to be registered and bombarded in the forums etc. as compared to the brokers, they can simply just tell us 'no choice leh, nobody expected that also.. I also lose a lot of money in this stocks also..' they ended with a sad face and most often forgiven by us. but unfortunately in property you will never hear us telling you this reason cos whoever tells you that is simply being irresponsible! We are also human beings trying to earn a living to feed our family too. but i am sure most of us agents are definitely trying to give you the best and am defnitely sure again that none of them wanna see anyone of their clients loses money in their property!!!

Lastly, whenever we market a project we personally also look at the nearby project and advise our clients on our projects why it is a good buy and of course being a consumer you can choose to buy or not to buy.

Remember, you can never sell a 4year old bmw at the price of a brand new bmw even with a new coe... similarly, you can never sell a brand new bmw at the price of a 10 years old bmw just because somebody is selling at that kinda of price on the papers. If you can understand the logic of the buying and selling of cars, I am sure most of you guys and gals can understand why do we have to advise our client what is a good buy and what's not.

Just my two long cents and hope to hear some positive or constructive feedbacks from the rest of the forumers so we may all learn from one another.

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    lol if 800 psf i rush in buy 2 units haha.. anw when the preview will be opened? this weekend?
    HDB price is still going up.
    Just look at these Punggol BTO. Prices may been went up but applications have not fallen.

Mass-market condo price will not be lower than HDB price.
    D9 condo price, in general, will not be lower than mass-market condo price.

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Punggol BTO flats in hot demand
    Michelle Tay
    The Straits Times
    Thursday, 27 November 2008

In these leaner economic times, the cheapest public housing option for newly-wed couples has been three times subscribed.

The Housing Board's latest Build-To-Order (BTO) flats, Punggol Arcadia, closed yesterday with 2,344 applications for just 750 units. The final update will be made today at 2pm.

The overwhelming response 'demonstrates that there is still a high demand for public housing', said the chief executive of property consultancy PropNex, Mr Mohamed Ismail.

seems like this forum is chock full of agents

I'm in the market for a nice place for me, wife and maybe baby (fingers crossed). Luma's one of them in my shortlist.

I've been actively going to showflats in a bid to shortlist the places i like. And every single succeeding weekend, prices keep going down and down and down.

The massive amount of layoffs to be announced at the start of the new FY will wake these developers up - factories are now only producing at 10% capacity and some of my mates are wondering why keep staff when my machines only operate a week a month at most?

We have not seen the end yet. I agree with farnie. those that think that $1500psf for places like the luma, or even $1200 for #4x floor of icon are steals, are utter idiots. Global deleveraging hasn't event started yet - we've only seen some fallout from CDOs. we haven't even gotten to mainstreet credit defaults yet. if the market doesn't fall below 2002 levels, we should already be laughing. i think it'll get much worse.

The fear now is not whether a property price will freefall. the fear is the solvency of the developer. even those that bought 'steals' like newtonedge and chuan hoe, good luck to you.

So i'm keeping my cash in gold and silver, will probably do up my existing place with some nice pantagonian walnut flooring and stuff, and I'll see you all again in 2010.

Buyers talk down price. Seller talk up price.
    I try to use this forum to understand the market. Hope others do the same...

Quote Originally Posted by mengwee
    Buyers talk down price. Seller talk up price.
    I try to use this forum to understand the market. Hope others do the same...
    True, but that's the point of forums - free speech, free points of view, so all can learn.

I would like to say that as a buyer, i wish my posts will talk down price. but this is a small forum, will hardly make any dent. I will just let Mr Market dictate the price. and over the past few weeks at least, Mr Market has cut prices somewhat.

You may think i'm talking rot - i probably am. But 1 year down the road, do revisit this thread. farnie, me and other pessimists might just be right.

this reminds me of the CNA forums. in 2007 all the kateks slammed, pple thinking they are mad. today they laugh to the bank. the problem is that many still think the kateks are mad and wrong. human psychology dey

take my mom for example. keppel corp dropped like rock last week, all her taitai friends buy so she also buy against my advice. now it's even lower - waste money

I use forum to understand the market.
    I was hoping that there will be more discussion here.
    I did not say anything about anyone talking rot.
    Whoever makes a call, whether to buy or to wait, he or she has her reason.
    I am keen to hear/discuss/debate those reasons.

Thumbs up

To be honest, I do agree price may drop further somehow due to many other factors around, like the panic or motivated selling from the owners and or due to the credit tightening measures from the banks for valuation and loans. The current situation is in such a way that banks aqre already taking precationary measures in lowering their valuation for the resale properties as well. I would suppose the confidence and intention to buy is really up to individual buyers. I believe, those who have the intention, interest asw well as budget to buy will still buy while those who wishes to hold will still hold.

Price mays drop for some projects/developers for their previously marketed properties and that is if they do have an allowance for reduction. However if the price from developers is priced in such where its almost cost to cost with minimal profit, how much can they reduce? Buyers who wishes to wait and go in the market when evidences of market improvement are prudent may choose to wait go in by then when they read or sees the news. By then I am sure many projects are still up for grab at pretty good prices but I am sure it will never be at or even close to the price of the the last properties peak. If there is a new hdb to be launch besides newton edge, what do you think will be the kinda price? Do you think it will be fully sold in split second? I personally do feel that it will be at least the region around $550-650k and it will be fully sold in no time. In my entire life, i have never seen private properties prices lower than hdb within the same area and I firmly think it will never happen due to, 1) 99years leasehold, 2) public housing were never mend to be for investment.

Thus I believe by then most people who have chose to wait will still get good deal but will never get anything near to what newton edge is going at... I would also like to know what kinda good deal are we looking at by then. If the properties market in Singapore is really so not stable and strong, would any foreign investors prefers to invest into Singapore still? Can we still get into the scoresheer of the world Top 4 most intented country for investment which eve3n had overtaken hong kong in the region?

I look at the whole situation in a very open mind and thus such personal opinion. I am not pro-government but at this point of time I do understand why in election those area with more private properties are the are who usually supposes the government.. DUe to what the government had done for the country financially and econmically, I really have to say that the government had really did a good job in giving anfd bringing us what we have today in the short frame of 50years from proverty to one of the most competitive and leading country yet still with one of the lowest inflation and living expense.

Just my two humble cents though.

Pet

I am observing that property prices in US, UK, Australia, NZ has dropped quite a fair bit (>10%?).
    In Beijing, Shanghai, price is moderating while in Shenzhen, Guangzhou price has plummeted.
    HK property price has also come down.

But I may be just seeing what I want to see.

architecturally and location wise, newton edge is a great development priced fairly in today's context - but my wife doesn't like it as its surrounding is dismal, and access roads clogged up. it's like a lone daisy in a field of weeds.

i completely agree about the HDB prices bit - it will get immediately snapped up in a jiffy. but come early 2009, this might be a different scenario. why don't HDB prices fluctuate as much - coz people buy them to stay. almost half of private property sales since 05 are investment-related so when they smell smoke, they can dump fast.

let's take the icon for example. launch price was $450psf in 03. Today it's 1200. that's a 200% ROE. or 40% annualized using simple calc). so going by this, we are still far far away from a correction. i expect another 40% correction in 2009. Citibank private banking report out last week predicts 30% correction in 09. i think they are optimistic.

in hk, barca, london, prices have already halved 2007 highs as much as they previously doubled to 2007 highs. it will be the same for sgp

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail

I look at the whole situation in a very open mind and thus such personal opinion. I am not pro-government but at this point of time I do understand why in election those area with more private properties are the are who usually supposes the government.. DUe to what the government had done for the country financially and econmically, I really have to say that the government had really did a good job in giving anfd bringing us what we have today in the short frame of 50years from proverty to one of the most competitive and leading country yet still with one of the lowest inflation and living expense.

Pet
    Of course high net worth individuals support the PAP lah. they are pro-business mah. i disagree on inflation and living expenses. i don't need to say anything here, just google for other's views.

Does anyone know what is the current pricing for this project?

Thks

Heard from an agent that they are going to relaunch it this saturday at approx 1500psf.. still sama sama..

Yes this will be the next hottest property wave to hit town !!
    Pricing starts from 1500-1650psf.
    Priced to sell given that early transactions are at double the current asking.
    Appreciation potential : Definitely Very high
    Defered Payment : Yes ( pay 4% more from selling price)
    Interest Absorption : Yes

For more details, pls contact me @ 81835132 or visit my website @ www.lusholmz.com for more info

i thought it was once $1250 that novelty was secretly selling until it got found out by the papers?

anyways i do love the location and was considering the two bedroom last year UNTIL i found out that the size of baywindow/planter/balcony was already 1/4 of the livable space!

Unless you're telling me that its $1500psf livable space only.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    i thought it was once $1250 that novelty was secretly selling until it got found out by the papers?

anyways i do love the location and was considering the two bedroom last year UNTIL i found out that the size of baywindow/planter/balcony was already 1/4 of the livable space!

Unless you're telling me that its $1500psf livable space only.

if 1250, that will be a good buy lor

1500 is rather x

Default Private Preview of Luma

Hi all,

Luma private preview has been set on 25 April 2009 Saturday from 10 am to 7pm. If you are keen to look at this excellent investment development with very quality finishes and fittings, please call me at 97999757

The Showflat is not at the actual location please give me a call at 97999757 before coming so that i can guide you to the showflat which is nearby.

This development has very good potential. Price starting from 1500psf up with Interest absorption or deferred payment scheme.

For more info of this development, please see here

See you all and have a wonderful weekend ahead. Cheers

Regards
    Jerry Lim

Those people that bought it on 25th will find their 20% down payment is gone forever. Sigh...that's property. So win, so lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    if 1250, that will be a good buy lor

1500 is rather x
    if 1500 is ex , den i wonder how those who bought at 2800-3300psf must be feeling now ~~

maybe come down n buy some more n cheong for the next property wave den sub-sale n exit on a high?

this actually happened @ lincoln residences where a owner who bought @ 1600-1700psf @ the peak den came back to showflat complain complain complain...in the end ended buying another unit @ a much cheaper price...

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    if 1500 is ex , den i wonder how those who bought at 2800-3300psf must be feeling now ~~

maybe come down n buy some more n cheong for the next property wave den sub-sale n exit on a high?

this actually happened @ lincoln residences where a owner who bought @ 1600-1700psf @ the peak den came back to showflat complain complain complain...in the end ended buying another unit @ a much cheaper price...
    wah, like that also can

hmmm....wonder if it works with cars too

Price is ok, but the layout is walau.. Tats the problem of NOvelty group project. Unless u r gardener, then u will like the plant pot of flowers all over the super big planters/bay windows all over...

those above $2000Kpsf will be gone for a while i'm sure...

RV area not worth that much in present circumstances...too many choices and competition in that area to warrant that kind of pricing at $1500psf, further more, rental return is way too low these days to support that price level... of coz tht project is not readuy now.. but still..

Quote Originally Posted by home-run

that's too bad lor
    buying property is dependent on individual
    What I feel may not be wat peopl feel
    mayb at that time when ppl bought a unit , they felt that was the right time to buy

to me I feel 1500 at this time is the rite price.
    I wont buiy cos I personally feel is on high side and it may go down unless it is fully sold
    based on all property sentiment, I sure those property expert will agree with me

is Luma ard same area as Wharf?

If yes, this project really can go f- spider liao... at 1600psf....how to fight? maybe buy 2 get 1 free got chance...

does anyone has any latest updates?

Heard all one bedroom sold out. Smaller 2 bedrms left a few. Understand future Kim Seng MRT going to be at the site opposite Luma, beside Cosmo condo. May be a gd buy now for future capital appreciation. Going down this wkend to see see.

they provided the option to convert one bedroom to a tiny 2 bedder (converting part of living room into a small bedroom) that's why sales were good for the "1 bedder". I think both the $ quantum and the psf are too huge. the showflat is located on leonie hill road but the actually location is river valley grove road so don't be conned. Just because 3300psf drop to 2700psf drop to 1600psf doesn't mean its cheap imho.

Quote Originally Posted by cysnotts
    Heard all one bedroom sold out. Smaller 2 bedrms left a few. Understand future Kim Seng MRT going to be at the site opposite Luma, beside Cosmo condo. May be a gd buy now for future capital appreciation. Going down this wkend to see see.

I agree with bargain hunter's observation ...

But I think, a few weeks back, $1,600 may seem damn ex for this location...

But now a few weeks later, I would deem it as slightly overpriced ...

A reasonable sell out price would be in the range of $1,450-$1,550 ...

YFG

thks for the advise. True , few months ago, $1600psf may be ex. But now, looking at how One devonshire asking price, $1600psf become reasonable , that's life.

But the attractive things on Luma is that the quality of the finishing and equipment given is GREAT. Heard got plates and cup washer as well

I am more interested in the development on the MRT opposite Luma along Kim Seng rd which might push up the nearby condo price once announce by LTA.

Will update once back fr showrm.

any idea how much is Luma going for now ?

saw the sign outside the construction site ..says TOP march 2010

is that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    any idea how much is Luma going for now ?

saw the sign outside the construction site ..says TOP march 2010

is that right ?
    PO, u back for cny hols or for good? Anyway, welcome back!