Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore takes new steps to cool housing market

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Haha u mean you dun know his number? Please note down in your phone and call 2moro:
    Tharman: 63322717
    I suggest you call Kenobiwan first at: 69087111
    Ask him whyyyyyyyyyyyyy like that?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    many banks already gave up to 70yo before this so 65 isn't too different really.
    But wouldn't the signalling effect alone be enough to dampen the market? The message from the govt is clear: It doesn't want prices to continue chionging at current rate, and may do more if neccessary to curtail demand. Under such an environment, wouldn't those waiting at the sidelines abandon their investment plans? Many developers boh bien will have to cut prices.

I am not Mr B, but I am kinda sian that the govt is implementing more demand-side measures even though upcoming supply is enough to flood the market.

Haha u mean you dun know his number? Please note down in your phone and call 2moro:
    thanks bro....was hoping it is handphone no i wanted to sms him......

"Dei...why dah u do this to me la"...

Call his PA also good lah... though not direct number... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    thanks bro....was hoping it is handphone no i wanted to sms him......

"Dei...why dah u do this to me la"...
    Email lar: [email protected]
    You call his HP will divert one

this means property investment will increasingly become a game for the rich- the gap will widen even further

kenobiwan only say build more BTO and release more for one time sale to increase chances of getting jackpot for first timers, etc... but the crux of the problem is many couples want flats like soon. BTO can never ever address that problem... resale market sure can so prices are still soaring... QE3 not helping lah... this latest measure is nothing more than just a sneeze and then back to normal in no time!!! Soon people will find ways around this again!

mai gan cheong... take ur time, enjoy life. Your time to buy will eventually come. Reno ur HDB nice nice n stay happy for the time being
    Yup my reno just completed cost slightly more than "stamp" duty for a 1 million dollar condo......

Yup my reno just completed cost slightly more than "stamp" duty for a 1 million dollar condo......
    Congrats man...

timmy... the government message had always been clear and consistent. but did you see prices or interest stalling after past cm.s?

I see your true colours shining through...

I see your true colours, and that's why I love you...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Congrats man...
    ya bro now all i can do is dim the lights have a beer listen music and stare at the 4 walls of my hdb apt...

taking it all in perspective, govt had to do something even if just wayang as indicators already show relentless price increases and sales numbers.

regardless, you and I know the action will continue- people will buy.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

i am almost 50 bro...i got one hdb fully paid...my plan to buy a 1 to 1.2 million condo...can loan for 30 years cos my wife a few years younger than me...my monthly mortgage about 3k plus...rent my hdb out at 2k plus...top up 1k a month pay my mortgage and live happily ever after....

BUT NOW how......can i still loan 30 years??...and i DONT understand this rubbish about LTV...can i still pay 20% downpayment??

ANYBODY got tharman phone no...
    800K loan, 17yrs, 1.5%.... S$4445/month...

960K loan, 17yrs, 1.5%.... S$5334/month...

timmy... the government message had always been clear and consistent. but did you see prices or interest stalling after past cm.s?
    Yup, the government has emphasised prudence (i.e. interest rate may go up eventually) especially for the middle class but not much people seem to be heeding.

Seems like this latest CM will immobilize the middle class from overcommiting. Though it seems to be a double edged sword, it may be a blessing in disguise

bro radha contentment is priceless

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    800K loan, 17yrs, 1.5%.... S$4445/month...

960K loan, 17yrs, 1.5%.... S$5334/month...
    see the $$$...super sianz

Bro, I remember you sold your pc, right? so hopefully u can down 40% and increase loan tenure.

All the best.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

umm... buy 1.2mil condo, stay in hdb, rent out condo at 4K... monthly cash top up still at S$1k+.... (pls don't kill me for this crap idea... )

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    CNA:

"Analysts do not expect the government's latest measures to have a major impact.

HSR special advisor, Donald Han, said: "The buying would continue despite the recent measures because of liquidity and because of low interest rate environment. I think buyers are still active. I don't expect too much of a dent in the total volume sales. In terms of actual impact, I think ABSD (Additional Buyers' Stamp Duty) had a more earthquake-like (impact). These (latest measures) are more like a tremor."

Aiya, small tremor only.

Despite all the posts, still do not quite understand the excitement about this new measure. Somehow tend to agree with this CNA quotation. The relative impact will not be great. People just need to pay more per month with a shorter loan tenure. Sure it may affect some but with median family income of 18k for condo buyers, most are unlikely to be affected.

Fixing LTV at 40% for all loans and for all buyers (locals for 2nd property) with no conditions attached will be of greater impact.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, I remember you sold your pc, right? so hopefully u can down 40% and increase loan tenure.

All the best.
    yup what to do...we the citizen of singapore must follow govt law...

"Always two there are -- a master and an apprentice."

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    umm... buy 1.2mil condo, stay in hdb, rent out condo at 4K... monthly cash top up still at S$1k+.... (pls don't kill me for this crap idea... )
    ha ha...u see even though govt come out CM..we the CITIZEN of condo forum got many pattern to play...

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Despite all the posts, still do not quite understand the excitement about this new measure. Somehow tend to agree with this CNA quotation. The relative impact will not be great. People just need to pay more per month with a shorter loan tenure. Sure it may affect some but with median family income of 18k for condo buyers, most are unlikely to be affected.

Fixing LTV at 40% for all loans and for all buyers (locals for 2nd property) with no conditions attached will be of greater impact.
    yup no issue...we the citizen of singapore will buy condo and eat grass for lunch dinner and breakfast...

bro radha contentment is priceless
    yes bro thats the way i felt drinking wine on a cool evening in the garden of my rented semi-d at frankel....

now drinking beer at hdb cofeeshop trying to feel contended...but beer make u full la...maybe i should drink wine at cofeeshop...

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I can help Laguna answer this question as I fall under this category. only uob works though. they allow assets under management loans. I deposits 110k cash, show them my option and once the loan is approved I could withdraw the cash for use.
    Uob is not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    If eg husband 50 years old, wife 30 years old.
    Both buy as Tenants in common.
    Can they apply for different loans to avoid the new changes?
    Ie husband apply 15 year loan, wife apply 30 year loan?
    If Both are Borrowers of same property, higher tenure applies

Refin will be affected

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    Uob is not the only one
    well the last time I bought my units they were the only one who could lend me without looking at my salary

so who's down at the showroom making last minute purchases for 5th October 2012? lol.