Thread: See your true colors CMs

Default See your true colors CMs

After reading contribution by all forumers, media and foreign media ... like bro BJ and uncle chestnut, I suddenly achieve enlightenment ..

All the CMs are preventing you from seeing one true color ... depriving HDB upgraders from owning a PC

Instead, garmen as well as the developers (being garmen friendly) are trying to ensure ample supply for rich foreigners ... I mean it is simple, foreigners pay more ABSD mah

As you see many rich people in the West are running away from high taxes in their countries one by one:

No one is certain if the rush to the exit will continue, but Daniel Feau noted: "Nobody (in France) until now believed that the capital gains on shares would be taxed so high."

The preferred destinations of those leaving are London, New York and Geneva, as well as Canada, Israel and Singapore, said Laurent Demeure, head of Coldwell Banker France.
    =========
    In another 10y, majority of decent condos will be owned by the rich and foreigners share will increase a lot ... middle class can only stay in HDBs ... it is sad but true
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Hi bro phantom

I do agree with you to a certain extend but quite a no.of hdb dwellers r also earning high income and cash rich. Even with these measures, they r still able to tong cos they have paid up their existing hdb loan.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Another coffeeshop talk theory about CMs:- To make private properties more affordable for foreigners since the CMs will cool property prices where >90% of properties in Singapore are currently owned by Singaporeans.
    The CMs is also meant to make buyers go for new launch properties than resale properties such that GLS land sales will hit new high while that >90% of Singaporeans owning properties and those looking to sell will have to suck thumb since very few buyers!

Hope this is not true intention!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    After reading contribution by all forumers, media and foreign media ... like bro BJ and uncle chestnut, I suddenly achieve enlightenment ..

All the CMs are preventing you from seeing one true color ... depriving HDB upgraders from owning a PC

Instead, garmen as well as the developers (being garmen friendly) are trying to ensure ample supply for rich foreigners ... I mean it is simple, foreigners pay more ABSD mah

As you see many rich people in the West are running away from high taxes in their countries one by one:

No one is certain if the rush to the exit will continue, but Daniel Feau noted: "Nobody (in France) until now believed that the capital gains on shares would be taxed so high."

The preferred destinations of those leaving are London, New York and Geneva, as well as Canada, Israel and Singapore, said Laurent Demeure, head of Coldwell Banker France.
    =========
    In another 10y, majority of decent condos will be owned by the rich and foreigners share will increase a lot ... middle class can only stay in HDBs ... it is sad but true

HDB is magnificent. I think there are as many foreigners in HDBs as there are in PCs. Nothing to worry about. Inevitable outcome of Govt strategy.

just now went to NTUC wanted to buy 1 or 2 things ... but i looked at the queues .... super long ... half are foreign talents ... gave up

10y ago no q at same place

We focus on pte ppty neglected resale hdb. Newly married are encouraged to go for bto, there r some PRs buying resale hdb, with these loan restrictions it could be harder for PR to buy if they don't have load of cash. If it triggers lower resale hdb prices what will happen?

I think cov likely to come down, carb said they didnt look at their backyard, this could be it. I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Another coffeeshop talk theory about CMs:- To make private properties more affordable for foreigners since the CMs will cool property prices where >90% of properties in Singapore are currently owned by Singaporeans.
    The CMs is also meant to make buyers go for new launch properties than resale properties such that GLS land sales will hit new high while that >90% of Singaporeans owning properties and those looking to sell will have to suck thumb since very few buyers!

Hope this is not true intention!
    no lah,nothing so sinister lah, they just want to give young people a lift to afford their dream home or PC. otherwise all the older people in their 40s will "sapu" everything.

just now went to NTUC wanted to buy 1 or 2 things ... but i looked at the queues .... super long ... half are foreign talents ... gave up

10y ago no q at same place

hmm...even cashiers are ft...

Sometimes we have to face the reality.

I know of someone who did cashier job some years back in supermarket & complain got to stand whole day no time to seat down. After sometimes, she quit. But FT can do this job.

Next why so many FT queuing up at supermarket. Because, their mom/sir ask them to go buy some groceries. But why so many maid? Because both husband & wife are working so need a maid. Because nobody like to wash the oily plates after a nice meal, so need a maid.

Our construction industries are mainly make up of FT. Without them, who to build these nice condo for us? Got money but nobody build the condo for you. Can FV, ECO, Skyxxxx TOP without them? Without them, how to huat?

I've already accepted this fact already. Just have to face it.

What's the difference between foreign talent and foreign worker? Clearly one doesn't necessary qualify to be a talent to work in some of these vocations mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    What's the difference between foreign talent and foreign worker? Clearly one doesn't necessary qualify to be a talent to work in some of these vocations mentioned above.
    I have come across a domestic helper from indonesia who is "talented" in her own ways. She can cook many wonderful dishes and also has the green fingers ... my neighbour's once boring garden becomes so beautiful ever since she was employed into the family. And she can communicate in both eng and mandarin. One major drawback is that she is extremely emo and sensitive.

MOM is targeting very high now .... min EP requirement 3.2k for experienced talent, 3k for fresh grads

this Amy Cheong has good future but one mistake in Facebook .. gone case ... she is silly enough ... if she posted under a nick still ok

wonder who put a like ...

Uncle only know how to monkey see monkey do. I see got mention FT do cashier, I just copy & paste. FT or FW no difference to uncle lah.

BTW, how many can be a construction worker. Do you need basic knowledge, skills besides stamina and strength. And don't say they don't need brain to be a construction worker hor. Whoever think that anybody can be a construction worker will be very wrong. Just need to go and try for one day. See if you talent is better than them. How many hours can you last? If you can't do it, who can? FT lah. Need talent what otherwise why Singaporean cannot do leh.

MOM is targeting very high now .... min EP requirement 3.2k for experienced talent, 3k for fresh grads
    the cutoff for experienced talent feels too low and too close to our fresh grad pay. should be higher.

BTW, today quite free so type a bit more. A bit 啰嗦。Forgive the old man.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Uncle only know how to monkey see monkey do. I see got mention FT do cashier, I just copy & paste. FT or FW no difference to uncle lah.

BTW, how many can be a construction worker. Do you need basic knowledge, skills besides stamina and strength. And don't say they don't need brain to be a construction worker hor. Whoever think that anybody can be a construction worker will be very wrong. Just need to go and try for one day. See if you talent is better than them. How many hours can you last? If you can't do it, who can? FT lah. Need talent what otherwise why Singaporean cannot do leh.
    Maybe we can call them foreign contributors. clearly anyone who carries out his her job professionally deserves our respect.