Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got this feeling property price will fall next year

Default Got this feeling property price will fall next year

The past few days keep having this feeling.

The qns is by how much? ....5, 10, 15, 20, 30% ??

I think 10-15% highly possible.

What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by may2012

What you think?

I think will go up 10-15% first and then come down 5-10%.

So overall ,up or down, you decide

What you think?
    yes, down 10-15% depending on what kinda property. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    yes, down 10-15% depending on what kinda property. I agree
    what kinda of property?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    what kinda of property?
    beats me too

What you think?
    Understand your feeling. Those who have not buy will constantly have this feelings. It can last a few years just like one of the forum member here. Even experts predicted with data & chart failed on their prediction why waste time feel. Spend your time to plan & purchase your dream house is more worthwhile.

CIMB Research analysts called the Government's move a 'bazooka' that could shoot down property prices overall by 15 to 20 percent over the next 12 months.

Goldman Sachs analysts see a 'state of paralysis' for the property market. Their prediction is for private home prices to slide 15 percent over the next 18 months.

Standard Chartered Bank was the most bearish. A report by the bank last week had already envisioned prices dropping up to 30 percent over three years. Now the bank expects the same fall to occur within one year.

What you think?
    Ya I have this feeling since 2009. Lucky I bought fast as 2009 was the bottom even at bottom buyers will have this weird feeling.

What you think?
    Well, the more people who share the feeling, the more it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Well, the more people who share the feeling, the more it won't happen.
    if you think about it CMs target both buyers and sellers. Stepwise, unless the CM makes it easier to sell or offload, the price will stay.

The sequence of the CMs is designed to support the price stability. I.e. if CM 6 comes out first, followed by CM5, developers could sell many small units.

If SSD was not one of the first CMs, a lot of owners would have already put their property up for sale. Prices should have plunged already.

So trust in the stability.

Seriously, I don't think so.

Was talking to my neighbour who is a MD of a listed company in US, now he is posted to sin, he said too much liquidity and many people want to get into sin, thus prices will be well supported...he said his company is still expanding and bringing in staffs...rental may soften though due to oversupply but buyers from china and India will continue to invest in sin.

Price will be flat at least for next 6 months and will continue to move up.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, price will continue to climb. This could be the longest climb before hitting the plateau. Times are definitely different from the previous cycles and reference to history, we will have those feeling that price is dropping soon.

Garmen already prepared for this climb which is why one after another they are trying to drag on the Bull with the CMs.

Hang on tight to your property.

will only fall in 2015

Read below from another blog:

Maybe can do the same for property....

You may have heard of the famous Stanford Marshmallow Experiment.
    In 1972, psychologists rounded up a bunch of children, aged four to six. Said children were shown a marshmallow on a plate. They were told that, if they could wait 15 minutes before eating the marshmallow, they’d get two marshmallows instead.
    A minority ate the marshmallow right way. Some attempted to wait the 15 minutes, and a third of them succeeded.
    10 years later, the shrinks checked on their former lab rats. The same children who waited the 15 minutes were more successful; probably because they could delay their need for gratification.
    The next time you want to make an impulse buy, think of the children! Identify when you’re in the “impulse zone”. It’s usually when you keep thinking or imagining buying something, for no reason other than wanting it. Once that happens, you can either:
    (1) Distract yourself with a book or TV
    (2) Set a future date and resolve to buy it then
    Delaying gratification gets easier with practice. In time, this skill will extend to cover your use of credit cards and loans. Stock traders, in particular, need copious amounts of patience. Commodities trader Richard Bei says:
    “Learn to be sceptical. Learn to deny your knee-jerk reactions. The most difficult lesson is knowing when to do nothing; sometimes you just need to keep quiet and wait.
    I have experienced many times when I made bad investments; just because my fingers are itchy. I cannot stand to just watch while the market is peaking, I want jump in because I’m scared I’ll miss it. But the right thing to do was to wait, for the time when the market dropped again.”

Greed kills a man!

As an investor, it is important to know your timeline and know when to take profit. It is better to sell when few are selling than when most people are trying to get out. The point is it is safer to take "lesser profit" than trying to time the market and sell at the peak because when the peak comes is also when the curve starts to descend. Many more people will be selling then and before you rationalise with yourself, you may miss the boat to sell because more people are now waiting for the price to drop futher before buying.

It is important to know your timeline and take profit if you are not holding it for rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    Read below from another blog:

Maybe can do the same for property....

You may have heard of the famous Stanford Marshmallow Experiment.
    In 1972, psychologists rounded up a bunch of children, aged four to six. Said children were shown a marshmallow on a plate. They were told that, if they could wait 15 minutes before eating the marshmallow, they’d get two marshmallows instead.
    A minority ate the marshmallow right way. Some attempted to wait the 15 minutes, and a third of them succeeded.
    10 years later, the shrinks checked on their former lab rats. The same children who waited the 15 minutes were more successful; probably because they could delay their need for gratification.
    The next time you want to make an impulse buy, think of the children! Identify when you’re in the “impulse zone”. It’s usually when you keep thinking or imagining buying something, for no reason other than wanting it. Once that happens, you can either:
    (1) Distract yourself with a book or TV
    (2) Set a future date and resolve to buy it then
    Delaying gratification gets easier with practice. In time, this skill will extend to cover your use of credit cards and loans. Stock traders, in particular, need copious amounts of patience. Commodities trader Richard Bei says:
    “Learn to be sceptical. Learn to deny your knee-jerk reactions. The most difficult lesson is knowing when to do nothing; sometimes you just need to keep quiet and wait.
    I have experienced many times when I made bad investments; just because my fingers are itchy. I cannot stand to just watch while the market is peaking, I want jump in because I’m scared I’ll miss it. But the right thing to do was to wait, for the time when the market dropped again.”
    This experiment is good and is sound, but not always applicable in life. Imagine this adjustment to the experiment. Every ten minutes, one more child is added into the room while every hour, 1 more marshmallow is added to the plate. The experimenter only will be able to give out the double amount, subject to the marshmallows left at the end of the experiment. How would the children respond?

In actual fact, it is necessary to ponder potential costs and benefits carefully. Jumping in is not wise, holding out is not necessarily a wise choice. It all depends on how you sense the situation.

it is not in the govt best interest to crash the market so they will just hold things at present level is my guess...

Should go and read all those previous threads in 2011 discussing whether prices will drop or not.

It has been said many times that those who have just bought would hope and say that prices will continue to go up and those who have sold or have missed the boat would hope and say that prices will drop.

Read all the forecasts and predictions of experts and gut feeling of forumers, end of 2011. Which person has actually predicted correctly that 2012 prices would climb 1-5%, which is happening now?

In short, only the almighty knows the answer how prices will move in the next few years as there are just too many unknown variables involved.

Bear in mind that prices have generally already jumped >30-40% and in some cases 60-70% since 2009. Even if prices continue to climb, the jump will be curtailed by the CMs.

The writing is on the wall.

Even Parilament is putting pressure on MND about the rising price. Going forward, any price increases is limited and balance by more CMs. The chances of a gradual downward in prices (even without crisis) cannot be ruled out.

simple, ask the Govt, are they prepared to lower the land price?
    are they prepared to lower all taxes?
    are they prepared to lower all labour costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    The writing is on the wall.

Even Parilament is putting pressure on MND about the rising price. Going forward, any price increases is limited and balance by more CMs. The chances of a gradual downward in prices (even without crisis) cannot be ruled out.
    Do u think those whom have asked questions for the parliament have vested interest in properties? If so, would they wish for price to go up, down or stablise?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Do u think those whom have asked questions for the parliament have vested interest in properties? If so, would they wish for price to go up, down or stablise?
    Likely voicing genuine concerns that if the already high prices continue to escalate unbated, it is not good for everyone, especially for the younger ones.

simple, ask HDB to lower the prices of all new sales.....

Parilament owes a duty to the people. They understand the needs and the economic of having affordable housing to maintain political and social order. We should not be second guessing their vested interests. For all we know, they might already cashed out.

They can talk ... but do they have the guts to ban 3rd property purchase outright like China

Then ppl will say they are crazy ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cJ8...eature=related

and look at China ... the more you ban, the more ppl want to buy
    Ride at your own risk !!!

For China, which is better; ban or not ban?

For China, which is better; ban or not ban?
    ban will delay price appreciation because you need time to find a hole

and bear in mind in China interest rate is so much higher

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    simple, ask HDB to lower the prices of all new sales.....
    Hdb forms the base price. Ya it is very simple, if they want to control the price they just lower the price of new hdb. But, do u know what will happen next?? They will have a much bigger problem!
    Your private condo price will crash down... this is almost certain!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    ban will delay price appreciation because you need time to find a hole

and bear in mind in China interest rate is so much higher
    Delay price appreciation or rather bring the price down to acceptable level (in line with income) is exactly what the Chinese government is trying to do. Price must not rise beyond income and that is the govt main concern.

We are facing the same problem here.

Delay price appreciation or rather bring the price down to acceptable level (in line with income) is exactly what the Chinese government is trying to do. Price must not rise beyond income and that is the govt main concern.

We are facing the same problem here.
    If Breaktalk starts selling their bread > $2 ... would they lower the price soon?

I notice the Apple Worm of Breadtalk is half the size compared to a few years ago (and yet more expensive)... MM Apple Worm