Thread: You Can't Buy A Home with $1000psf

Default You Can't Buy A Home with $1000psf

sbr:

RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
    Published: 17 hours 58 min ago

Google +
    Here's why you can't buy a home with just $1,000psf

Launches below this amount are becoming rare.

According to Knight Frank, mass market home sales have hit a new record high in September 2012 as developers released more units following the Hungry Ghost Month.

Here's more from Knight Frank:

Although home buyers are less affected by the superstitious practices, developers are still cautious and did not have major launches during the Hungry Ghost Month and channelled attractive launches to September.

Developers’ sales in the first three quarters recorded 17,913 units, surpassing the previous record in 2010 (16,292 units sold for the entire year).

Launches below $1,000 psf are becoming rare. Prices of new mass market homes launched in September 2012 are mostly above $1,200 psf, reflecting increased prices in OCR. This is in line with URA’s flash estimates where prices of private residential properties in OCR increased 1.0 per cent q-o-q in 3Q 2012.

New private home launches with prices below $1,000 psf are becoming rare nowadays and mostly found in Pasir Ris (Flora Drive) and Hougang areas. These projects can be considered good buys for property hunters and saw good responses upon launches.

Projects that have been in the market and achieved strong sales performance include Foresque Residences (104 units), Bartley Residences (78 units) and Parc Olympia (77 units).

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

<1000psf ??... property guru got 5000+ listing for new apts leh....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...gitude=&submit=

5000 listings. Not 5000 projects. Plus duplicate/fishing listings all around...

No wonder you kena hooked.

me fish woa... not careful in life sure can kena hooked mah... anything wrong ??...

if duplicate listings, say 1 duplicated by 5x still got 1000+ listings mah... cannot find 1 home meh ??...

hey, btw, i like this 1... cheap cheap <800psf and got roof terrace... any other condo development got similar layout ??...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-yew-mei-green

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    hey, btw, i like this 1... cheap cheap <800psf and got roof terrace... any other condo development got similar layout ??...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-yew-mei-green
    The bedroom all odd shape leh...cannot make it la

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie
    me small fish small budget only woa... a bit of odd shape rooms no problem 1... anyway, got any cheap top floor condos with about 100-200sqft roof top terrace ?? (not balcony or penthouse hor, don't like mi-casa "steps" also...)...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    sbr:

RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
    Published: 17 hours 58 min ago

Google +
    Here's why you can't buy a home with just $1,000psf

Launches below this amount are becoming rare.

According to Knight Frank, mass market home sales have hit a new record high in September 2012 as developers released more units following the Hungry Ghost Month.

Here's more from Knight Frank:

Although home buyers are less affected by the superstitious practices, developers are still cautious and did not have major launches during the Hungry Ghost Month and channelled attractive launches to September.

Developers’ sales in the first three quarters recorded 17,913 units, surpassing the previous record in 2010 (16,292 units sold for the entire year).

Launches below $1,000 psf are becoming rare. Prices of new mass market homes launched in September 2012 are mostly above $1,200 psf, reflecting increased prices in OCR. This is in line with URA’s flash estimates where prices of private residential properties in OCR increased 1.0 per cent q-o-q in 3Q 2012.

New private home launches with prices below $1,000 psf are becoming rare nowadays and mostly found in Pasir Ris (Flora Drive) and Hougang areas. These projects can be considered good buys for property hunters and saw good responses upon launches.

Projects that have been in the market and achieved strong sales performance include Foresque Residences (104 units), Bartley Residences (78 units) and Parc Olympia (77 units).
    'Mia tu liao', Eight Courtyards , The Nautical etc. still below 1000psf.....
    New somemore, where to find in Singapore?
    Hurry, while stock last.........

Have lah. Just that it is getting less. This article trying to help developer sell higher price is it?

Have lah, most in Hougang, Sengkang, Punggol in NE area and Loyang, Pasir Ris in E still have below 1k. Just my observation but near MRT one difficult lah.

But 5,000 or 1,000 ads means the title "Here's why you can't buy a home with just $1,000psf" is flawed. Doesn't matter odd shape or lousy layout. The title is you can't buy a home with 1,000 psf. But it is proven to be wrong.

In fact, there are a lot of transactions below 1k psf in the resale market lodged in URA. I just see June to Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie

and the other point is why must die die buy brand new, there are some very nice resale going for under $1000psf.