Page 3 of 261 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: BOND THREAD

Fisherman : are u catching fish for me to eat? if yes, then I share...

Cost of borrowing : currently is at 1.5-1.8%
    sales charge is around 3%

Of course, if you are talking about big money, then all the private bankers here are willing to sit down with u to bring down the charges. This is what happened to my friend, he just inked the deal this week.

As for timing, I will not advise...as I still want to eat good fish..

ABN lunching SGD bond on 17th Oct12. guidance 5% 10 yrs.
    LTV should be around 50% to 65%. Std chart is the book runner.
    Demand should be huge. Min amt 250k.

The recent launched ABN usd bond 6.25% 10 yrs on 7th sept12 was well rec'd. Price to buy is now 105.

rdgs,
    Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    It is never too late to start. But overall, u have done very well compared to a lot of others...
    I suppose ur now a very busy daddy...enjoy the baby first....
    Sleepless nights...
    Not from helping.... but from the baby cries.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Sleepless nights...
    forgot whether is a HE or SHE...
    but definitely, this small one changes your life.....
    bundle of joy and love

Sleepless nights...
    If you are not helping, then try sleeping in another room.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, wa lau, you already answer everything on bonds already. You invest in bonds more than me.

Just curious, why did u not go into properties?
    Wrong conviction.
    1) Stocks was battered till so low.. how not to buy ..and how can it not be the next one to chiong.. so i Bought stocks monthly for the long term.. unfortunately, it went up and down every year to the same level.. So not much profit there.. Properties went up and up and up ... strange..
    2) Guess the movement of interest rate wrongly. it was supposed to be QE1 and mass inflation and high borrowing costs to come.. It never did as QE2 came and LTRO came..and QE Infinity came. Euro did its part... and japan did its part... BOE did its part.. So interest rate is so low.. But in 2009-2010, i believed it will come up. I have never seen <3% interest rate in singapore..so my belief was this was an abornmality that will be corrected soon (since it's influenced by the US)
    3) People's loss of faith in financial instruments while i kept my faith in those.
    4) OVER-ANALYZING..and not using more guts. You see crisis ongoing.. how come property prices can chiong like that.. no reasons right...
    5) Not meeting more property investors, like i say..if i meet laguna.. I might have changed my views earlier.

So now.. i am stuck between a rock and a hard place.. neither here nor there.

Wrong conviction.

5) Not meeting more property investors, like i say..if i meet laguna.. I might have changed my views earlier.

I doubt very much I could even influence you.
    there are many people, sink in their belief so deeply and very difficult to crack and ask them to adopt others' view.

Bro, now I tell you an interesting story in 2008/9. I met up very regularly to play golf with my friend.
    I told him "friend, stock market got beaten so bad, I think this is going to be prolonged. So go in monthly say 20K and accumulate over a year or 2".
    Many months later, I met him and said,"Wa, you made money??? I went in big time when I saw the stocks moving up". Guess wat, kana whack by him - Why you go in big, you didnt tell me. I .
    Same friend saw me going in props. So I explained the finer details and told him to go in. He went in 2009. Got out 2011. Made a cool 400K from a down of 200K. Thats it.

So I am very scared to give advise anymore. Give, they make - no thank you. If dont make, kana f. IF never keep them posted, also get f. Thankless job.

So I come forum to share, share but with no expectations of thanks from anyone. This is what I gladly do.

One question, do you have an investment property? If no, go in. Start with a small 1. Learn the ropes. If you are not in, how the HELL are you going to learn.

It is like me trying to show you how to swim. You watch from a tank for 1 year. After that, you jump into the pool, you think you know how to swim?

Pay to learn man. I just dont understand why you have so much cash and yet so scared???
    Did you buy 10 bonds immediately???
    Food for thought.

Wrong conviction.
    1) Stocks was battered till so low.. how not to buy ..and how can it not be the next one to chiong.. so i Bought stocks monthly for the long term.. unfortunately, it went up and down every year to the same level.. So not much profit there.. Properties went up and up and up ... strange..
    2) Guess the movement of interest rate wrongly. it was supposed to be QE1 and mass inflation and high borrowing costs to come.. It never did as QE2 came and LTRO came..and QE Infinity came. Euro did its part... and japan did its part... BOE did its part.. So interest rate is so low.. But in 2009-2010, i believed it will come up. I have never seen <3% interest rate in singapore..so my belief was this was an abornmality that will be corrected soon (since it's influenced by the US)
    3) People's loss of faith in financial instruments while i kept my faith in those.
    4) OVER-ANALYZING..and not using more guts. You see crisis ongoing.. how come property prices can chiong like that.. no reasons right...

Last edited by chestnut; 17th October 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Someone mentioned Eastspring M class earlier. How is it? It has returns of 5%. Should one sell, if one has it?

Wrong conviction.

In my view, to drive the property prices higher (I am speaking of much higher), there is no doubt that there will be a stock market rally.

So hold on to the portfolio.