Thread: Remaking of Punggol- Chapter 2

Default Remaking of Punggol- Chapter 2

wow really world class plan....no wonder whole world flocking to singapore to start families...

looks better than pasir ris.

must seriously look into this area... !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

the funny thing how different people view it i showed my wife she said its terrible so crowded going to be a nightmare staying there but i look at it from a $$$ point of view i.e if go in now u sure can huat $$$ when its developed...maybe thats why this past year we could not agree to buy any property that we view she like i dont like...i like she dont like...

Although the intrinsic property of Punggol has always been its proximity to the airport, I had been hitherto bearish on its prospects.

Now I stand corrected with foot in mouth. The government has put money (or rather promised to) in theirs. Lets see how this flies.

PLB story has also taken long time and still not materialised. Could it be a higher proportion of the young and vocal who would think nothing of voting against the people in power just to make their point - that this group large proportion of could come from the more developed Punggol over next election? Considering its makeup is of predominantly young families? Better be preemptive and strike first with huge promises?

Only time will tell.

Well, I could remember back in the late 90s when I was looking at my first HDB purchase, the promise of Punggol 21 was as sexy as this.

Then came the financial crisis and we all knew what happened next. Sengkang and Punggol residents were left cursing and swearing over the next 10 over years. I was glad that I was not lured by it and ended up with a resale flat in a more matured estate.

They are now rebooting this but what happens if another financial crisis comes? Back on the shelf again?
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

this is the first pilot....to fulfill the ambitious of 6mil population.
    so much dense than ever. twice the size of AMK right? Are they refering to population, number of units or the land size??

In any case, must present the carrot first if not, who would want to squeeze there?? like the P21 concept. Imagine you go the whatever mall u need to queue to get into the car park, and you look at most of the road there are two lane, and many many more...think twice. But having said that, still, a lot of youngster still like there. different mentality.

anyway, just my opinion.

There is a shortfall of around 700k population flowing in to make up the 6M, based on the 100k targeted in Punggol, there is a shortfall of 70k population which is 10%. The rest of 90% will spread over the little red dot.
    100k of 6M is mere 1.7%!!

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield
    Well, I could remember back in the late 90s when I was looking at my first HDB purchase, the promise of Punggol 21 was as sexy as this.

Then came the financial crisis and we all knew what happened next. Sengkang and Punggol residents were left cursing and swearing over the next 10 over years. I was glad that I was not lured by it and ended up with a resale flat in a more matured estate.

They are now rebooting this but what happens if another financial crisis comes? Back on the shelf again?
    Well, Punggol 21 not enough can have Punggol 21+. After the National Rally announcement some years back by PM, we can literally have twenty-one plus to go. Just take it as QE infinity, whenever a financial crisis, we can always add another + and another and another .... so the latest announcement is in anticipation to another slow down next year ???? Suddenly, the 3rd eye .......

singapore is top notch in attracting investments...with investments come a lot of people....with people come $$$...with $$$ comes sucess and the cycle will continue forever and ever......so forget quality of living..think $$$ and you will be ok...

Any reason why Punggol is so special? Is it because the location sucks that the gahmen has to put in money to attract people to live there?

actually if take mrt from punggol to orchard, faster then from pasir ris to orchard... NEL stations quite closely spaced

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Any reason why Punggol is so special? Is it because the location sucks that the gahmen has to put in money to attract people to live there?

The only problem will be the pollution from the oil refinery and heavy industry across the straits at pasir gudang.

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    actually if take mrt from punggol to orchard, faster then from pasir ris to orchard... NEL stations quite closely spaced
    As of now, NEL is already so jam packed during peak hours. Can't imagine when 100,000 homes in Punggol are completed. Maybe more MRT lines coming up?

yep... all other lines also v packed => the shorter the ride the better so long mrt don't break down anytime soon again

As of now, NEL is already so jam packed during peak hours. Can't imagine when 100,000 homes in Punggol are completed. Maybe more MRT lines coming up?

Current MRT stations sure pack, the 100,000 homes there will take years to complete. With all the build-up in Punggol, Pasir Ris, nearby Air-hub etc. They are finding ways to justify the Costal Line from NW to NE, East sector and thats after TSL and ERL I think or may be sooner - otherwise in long term the MRT operators company cannot sustain.

People currently already do not have a place to sit when they board the train at Punggol mrt station. Haha. I stand by my long term belief that at best, Punggol will be like another Tampines, if not, will be just another Pasir Ris.

Talk is cheap.

It's the GOVT trying to sell Punggol as an attractive place to stay to the population, so that we will continue to buy the dozens and dozens of new BTOs that will be launched as part of this initiative to boost dwellings into 100,000, so that developers will continue to bid and outbid each other for the next few pieces of reserve sites for building condos.

This is Marketing on a huge scale....product, promotion, place and price. Part of the marketing effort is to boost the prices of BTOs in future so as to maximize profits for the GOVT. It won't be as cheap as the past, now that they have promised so many. Expect 5 room BTO launches to exceed 500k from this point on.

In the end, will we get the promised product? If not, can we invoke the LEMON law?

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie
    Talk is cheap.

It's the GOVT trying to sell Punggol as an attractive place to stay to the population, so that we will continue to buy the dozens and dozens of new BTOs that will be launched as part of this initiative to boost dwellings into 100,000, so that developers will continue to bid and outbid each other for the next few pieces of reserve sites for building condos.

This is Marketing on a huge scale....product, promotion, place and price. Part of the marketing effort is to boost the prices of BTOs in future so as to maximize profits for the GOVT. It won't be as cheap as the past, now that they have promised so many. Expect 5 room BTO launches to exceed 500k from this point on.

In the end, will we get the promised product? If not, can we invoke the LEMON law?
    spore is a simple place to live just follow order you will be ok...some call it a FINE city..everything is FINE...

what we do know is that it will be the densest new town. plus point will be everything will be new, and there will be lots of amenities n infrastructure to support such a densely populated place. minus point will be everyone will cheong to all these amenities n infrastructure. it's akin to buying a 1000 unit condo with only 1 pool, 1 gym, 1 tennis court etc.

side effect could be that people will start to appreciate less dense, quieter neighborhoods that are less regulated and not so 'hdb' and uniform.