Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 more land sales to close Yr 2012

Default 4 more land sales to close Yr 2012

http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-...sis/land-sales

All eyes on Bishan Site! if this is another record breaking, it might help move Sky Habitat to 100% SOLD status faster.

Like that? Will there be CM7 before 2013?

I hope so since every CM boost prices.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-...sis/land-sales

All eyes on Bishan Site! if this is another record breaking, it might help move Sky Habitat to 100% SOLD status faster.
    It will be named Sky Suites!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

DKSG
    not CM7 Suites?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

DKSG
    SkySuites @ Bishan.. too many skysuites liao got one at balestier and another one at tanjong pagar

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    SkySuites @ Bishan.. too many skysuites liao got one at balestier and another one at tanjong pagar
    Sky Height would be a better description...or 8ight Heaven.

Bishan's bidded price was 869 psf ppr
    Prince Charles price was 950 psf ppr.
    Did Bishan's sky habitat cause D'Ledon and Interrace to indirectly move? Didn't, sky, cause all the properties in Singapore suddenly to look 'cheap'?
    Don't worry about sky, all of u, prince charles' launch will make everything cheap in the rest of the Singapore.

BTW, both are RCR status. I sometimes get so confused when people in the forum mention bishan as OCR.

If Prince Charles' is at 950 psf ppr, all of u seriously think, bishan new land cannot beat CapLand's bidded pricing?

Food for thought.

I do have any SH unit in my holdings.
    Last edited by chestnut; 21-10-12 at 07:51.

Logically speaking, "they" will do their job to make sure that both the land cost would be comparable so that SH will not be seen as too expensive. So min level is expected to be in the same range as SH...

Just my opinion...
    Last edited by lajia; 21-10-12 at 09:02.

[QUOTE=chestnut]Bishan's bidded price was 869 psf ppr
    Prince Charles price was 950 psf ppr.
    Did Bishan's sky habitat cause D'Ledon and Interrace to indirectly move? Didn't, sky, cause all the properties in Singapore suddenly to look 'cheap'?
    Don't worry about sky, all of u, prince charles' launch will make everything cheap in the rest of the Singapore.

BTW, both are RCR status. I sometimes get so confused when people in the forum mention bishan as OCR.

If Prince Charles' is at 950 psf ppr, all of u seriously think, bishan new land cannot beat CapLand's bidded pricing?

Food for thought.

Interesting that you mentioned this.
    I can't understand why is it that Sky Habitat has caused the rest of properties in Singapore to look cheap but not help move D'Leedon and Interlace.
    Is it that they have huge number of units in the respective projects or are there other attributes I am missing? I noticed that CapLand finishing is the worst among all the big league developers here.

Also I thought Prince Charles plot is more prime than Bishan so should command higher land cost?

Interlace is 70% sold.

SH is 26% of total.

So to your question, why so slow. Because of the sheer size of the units which results in huge quantum. This is no good for someone looking for yield. So this is catered mainly to home buyers who wants space and have money.

Find out kepland bid price for the tanah merah site and u will be able to see what is going to happen.

Can the flat prices in bishan fight with the flats in queenstown?

I think one of the reason why Capitaland projects are not moving is due to the lousy quality fittings they are using for their apartment. Sometime to the extend that it make their apartment feel like DBSS or EC.

Bro, bulk of market purchase are occupiers not investors. 80/20 rule. 80% occupiers. How many of this potential occupiers can afford the price? They can only afford it the minute they think it is cheap. Once sky was launched, Thomson grand became cheap and was sold out. And history will repeat itself till crisis happens and the whole cycle repeats itself again and again and again.

Go squarefoot and check what kind of pricing we talking about.

Oops, need to add. People who bot this can easily do their own upgrade. It is so cheap by their standard comparative to the purchase price.
    Last edited by chestnut; 21-10-12 at 09:42.

Bishan Sky?
    Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    Sky Height would be a better description...or 8ight Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Bishan Sky?
    These days plurality is the in thing, such as Skies Miltonia.

Bishans Skies then....

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Bishans Skies then....
    Maybe its time to move away from the Skies.
    Buyers are not aware that everytime they see a "Sky" it means "Super K You"! It means the price is SKY High.

I think new names should surface, stop all these Lofts, Residences, Sky, Suites, Icon nonsense. Go back to the basics. Call this new project BS KING!

DKSG

U all miss the real reason Sky Habitat is not moving "fast" enough.
    The land price is only 870. There is NO need to sell at 1600 psf to make a profit. CAPL play with this celebrity architect coming out with something that the current market does not accept.
    The new plot can always bid > 900 and yet sell cheaper than Sky Habitat and still make a profit.

Moreover CAPL also wants to play the FEO way, that is no need to sell all within a year. How long has Jardin been selling ? In a few yrs time 1600 psf for such a convenient location and big size units will be a rarity, and highly sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The land price is only 870. There is NO need to sell at 1600 psf to make a profit. CAPL play with this celebrity architect coming out with something that the current market does not accept.
    The new plot can always bid > 900 and yet sell cheaper than Sky Habitat and still make a profit.

Moreover CAPL also wants to play the FEO way, that is no need to sell all within a year. How long has Jardin been selling ? In a few yrs time 1600 psf for such a convenient location and big size units will be a rarity, and highly sought after.
    AMK got it right I think.

If you are developer, why u rush to see like no tomorrow ?
    Land is limited in Sg, after the next Bishan MRT land is sold, there is not much land left there right ?

So in time, prices will go up one.

The question is : how much forward price you are willing to pay.

DKSG

Thomson grand land price was 533 psf ppr and ave sell price 1300 psf.
    land price was 869 psf ppr and ave sell price 1600 psf. This is new bench mark. So profit of cheung kong vs capland any diff. % wise, capland was worst.

Because of their bid price, they had no choice but to get famous architect. If not surely cannot sell.

What is the building cost you add in now. Me I use 450 + 870 = 1320 psf break even. So % margin below 20.

Gillman, they bought so cheap but make so much money. So margin and support them right. D they need to sell quick. Only if they need cash right? Or they deem economy will turn sour, right?

This is like reflection. More margin or quick sale.

You look at ascentia, movement was so slow.... Why, new high so took a while for market to accept. Likewise for SH. I personally feel SH will command premium in future because of star architect. If u all go Barcelona and see Gaudi's works, u will fall in love man.

Look at Clift and Reflection. Still selling after being launched 6 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by amk

Look at Clift and Reflection. Still selling after being launched 6 years ago.
    Bro, u really in market man. Finding gems getting tougher and tougher. I almost give up already. Now just smelling around, if got good deal, then strike.

Gaudi, Gaffadi, so confusing. Both are world famous.

I lost an opportunity to buy MBS above 40th floor bay view selling at $1900psf during Lehman as i have not got enough ready bullet. Now looking at those projects with unique features.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u really in market man. Finding gems getting tougher and tougher. I almost give up already. Now just smelling around, if got good deal, then strike.

I lost an opportunity to buy MBS above 40th floor bay view selling at $1900psf during Lehman as i have not got enough ready bullet. Now looking at those projects with unique features.
    Aiyo, I looking around during crisis until I faint. Everyone say price drop, but it never came to me. Sian... Give up and finally bot Clover by the Park in 09 and developer some more remove stamp duty absorption. But this one up > 50% conservatively. Hahaha. Some more my unit damn shiok. >25 floor and facing city. View to a Kill. My retirement home, then will change name to James Bond. Hahahaha

I bought a fire sale 999LH unit in D1 then. It has only gone up 40% but the one at MBS has gone up by 55% (amount to $2million). That is why must be prepared for next correction!
    Aiyo, I looking around during crisis until I faint. Everyone say price drop, but it never came to me. Sian... Give up and finally bot Clover by the Park in 09 and developer some more remove stamp duty absorption. But this one up > 50% conservatively. Hahaha. Some more my unit damn shiok. >25 floor and facing city. View to a Kill. My retirement home, then will change name to James Bond. Hahahaha

I bought a fire sale 999LH unit in D1 then. It has only gone up 40% but the one at MBS has gone up by 55% (amount to $2million). That is why must be prepared for next correction!
    But based on the recent survey in this forum, majority here do not think there will be a correction in the horizon and now is still the good time to buy.

Many have waited in vain for firesales in the past few years.

I get tt flats are getting smaller and negate high psf- the quantum is kept 'affordable''.
    But there must be a tipping point rt?
    It used to be condo is 2x HDB resale at same vicinity.
    Queenstown 4 rm resale $700K(eg) than 1,000 sqft condo will be $1.4m.
    Prince Charles plot let's say $1.6k psf so $1.6m.
    Still ok?

Last time u wait the opportunity cost is lower as the interest rate is much higher and u also have better return from other investments but now, wait means lose money due to faster rate of inflation. And not only that, more foreigners are also buying which drive this price increase.
    The developer gives us a very good signal. They are even more forward looking than us and probably they are also in better position to tell if the market is slowing. If one of those new tenders do not attract a good size of bidders, than be careful liao....

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    But based on the recent survey in this forum, majority here do not think there will be a correction in the horizon and now is still the good time to buy.

Many have waited in vain for firesales in the past few years.

One month of us debt can buy 240 prince Charles crescent
    One month of money printed by us fed can buy 170 prince Charles crescent
    Our land cheap or expensive? U decide
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Because of their bid price, they had no choice but to get famous architect. If not surely cannot sell.
    Of course not. To make profit, they could have just done the usual way no fanciful architect and such just plain bedok residence style. Cost much lower. CAPL was kind of under pressure to inject some vibrancy in local architecture scene, plus Liew probably wants some legacy, that's why it ends up with a big name designer. With this their cost jumps. Now it really has to sell 1600, AND with big units, cause big name designer dun do MM.

What is the building cost you add in now. Me I use 450 + 870 = 1320 psf break even.
    Therefore a sold out price will be 1500, still comfortably profitable. If with more MMs, margin will be even higher.

Mass market buyers in SG are not ready for designers yet. SH is way ahead of its time.