Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes don't u think stay in HDB is better?

Default Sometimes don't u think stay in HDB is better?

In some condo they don't allow u to do alot of things. Like put furnitures in balcony, if u renovate the balcony must put the same tile back, window cannot change etc. Plenty of restriction but of course this depends on management. Sianz.

Yes, that is true. both got pros and cons. To think positive, condo management is trying to protect the value of the condos, i.e., bring the standard to a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    In some condo they don't allow u to do alot of things. Like put furnitures in balcony, if u renovate the balcony must put the same tile back, window cannot change etc. Plenty of restriction but of course this depends on management. Sianz.

Sometimes do u have the feeling do i own the balcony or the place. I paid for the balcony not they pay for it.

Staying in HDB also have many rules and regulations NOT at owners' discretion: buying, selling, renting, renovation, upgrade, keeping pets, etc.

The word condominum means you are co-owning and co-habitating with other dwellers in the same blocks on the same facilities in the same piece of land. Your right is limited to the number of shares of your unit in the condominum.

Only landed property (both the land and the premise built on top of it) really belongs to you. But of course, the Singapore government is the overall landlord and it can "buy it from you at market price" at any time to make way for other development.

Depends on what kind of neighbors you get! Whether Condo or HDB, if you get neighbors who are not civic minded, your life will be miserable.

Agree, condo has a lot of restrictions but I think it protects the interest of the residents. For eg. must get permit from the management if you want to shift heavy objects like furnitures (Mon-Fri: time: xx to xx, Sat - half day, Sun - no shifting) and must place a deposit in case during shifting, any parts of the lift is damaged, they will deduct from the deposit. Unlike HDB suka suka, any time also can shift, in the middle of the night also can. No deposit needed. My friend just shifted to a brand new Punggol HDB, the lift really looks like an old lift, it gets knocked everywhere, I think need some "bandages".

HDB also not allow to change window right, I think there is a standard pattern but why renovate OWN balcony inside your condo also must use back the same pattern of the tile, funny leh.
    Last edited by irisng; 23-10-12 at 17:23.

??? the management restrict you on the furniture for balcony? what furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by ilgr
    I think he's referring to some posts made in The Warren thread.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=7307&page=11

Quote Originally Posted by ilgr
    I have seen very huge altars on balconies...
    Looks like a small temple..

What is their rationale for not allowing some outdoor furniture at the balcony? Then build balcony forwhat??

anything unreasonable can complain to BCA, URA or ? can some authority step in?

I think some put huge storage wardrobes in balcony lol

never know got such restriction..

me is like HDB is because i don't own a car ...so don't need the carpark..
    and i don't like paying $250-$500+ monthly fee...

prefer to cut down liability as much as possible
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

hdb>>condo>>landed>>hdb...my journey..

i just completed the property cycle my humble opinion...live within your means....all type of housing got good and bad points...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

i just completed the property cycle my humble opinion...live within your means....all type of housing got good and bad points...
    Ultimate wisdom. Contentment is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Ultimate wisdom. Contentment is bliss.

simplicity is the style...

oh yea... it's my style~~
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

save up bullets for your next strike bros!!

When you are older and lazy to walk, you will find a HDB to live. HDB is near food centers, wet markets, provision shops, 4-D shops, etc.

HDB is good. Govt takes good care of HDB dwellers compare to pte property dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    When you are older and lazy to walk, you will find a HDB to live. HDB is near food centers, wet markets, provision shops, 4-D shops, etc.
    Double support.

Actually I find some of the rules in hdb strange. They allow some alterations that adversely affects the estate and yet does not allow some other changes that doesn't affect anyone.

Eg. Windows can be changed: resulting in flats (relatively new) with 1 or 2 differently coloured windows, making the whole block strange looking.

Eg. Why aren't concealed wiring allowed inside the flats. Private apartments have been doing it for years without issue. So what what if you screw up your own wiring. No one other than ourself is going to suffer for it....

Strange....

4-d shops......ahh last few weeks lost $$$ cos 4d shop walking distance to my flat...

Yeps for older folks, being near amenities would become significantly more important. Just imagine if u r unwell and need to see the doc or buy some panadols, just take the lift down and walk a few steps to the nearby shops. Or if u hungry and need to buy some bread or food, there are easily available within 5min. And most (if not all) of the time, they are priced cheaper than those found in shopping centres.

Lagi best is if you could stay in a condo which is located near HDB amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I think some put huge storage wardrobes in balcony lol
    Some even cook at the pes area.. !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

My stay start from HDB -> condo -> HDB -> condo (going to) -> landed (dream) to end my property cycle..... !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    My stay start from HDB -> condo -> HDB -> condo (going to) -> landed (dream) to end my property cycle..... !
    my one is:

HDB -> Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    my one is:

HDB -> Coffin

Btw you old or young?
    Why say until liddat?

Stay hdb got to tolerate people playing football at void deck, tolerate drunkards hanging around void deck, or a bunch of people playing guitars action action rowdy. can handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Btw you old or young?
    Why say until liddat?
    me is only 30 yr old but my mind is always ah pek's mindset...

just see my sig..

i also do the opposite of what the other 30yr old are doing..

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    me is only 30 yr old but my mind is always ah pek's mindset...

just see my sig..

i also do the opposite of what the other 30yr old are doing..
    Oh, only 30 years old, still young.... no need to worry lah.
    Can slowly upgrade.

Your signature means you like to take short cut ?