Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why 2 bedders sell out fastest...

Default Why 2 bedders sell out fastest...

seems like in a lot of the new launches...2 bedders sell out the fastest

Wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

Wonder why...
    Affordability..Affordability..Affordability..

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    Affordability..Affordability..Affordability..
    oh ok...so we must aim for Location Location Location follow by Affordabil...(finger pain liao..

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

i tot mm faster than 2bdr....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    i tot mm faster than 2bdr....
    Mm is passé, today it is 2 bedder.

sell out fastest is this

Ride at your own risk !!!

2 bedders apparently easiest to rent out...they tap into both singles and family markets

A single with more budget will go for 2 room - use one room as study and one for sleeping. Or 2 tenants who are friends. Or a family of 3-4 with a budget.
    I am rich in debts...

then developers should build more 550sqft mm 2bdr....

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    2 bedders apparently easiest to rent out...they tap into both singles and family markets

A single with more budget will go for 2 room - use one room as study and one for sleeping. Or 2 tenants who are friends. Or a family of 3-4 with a budget.
    Is a 1 + S feasible for the same reasons?

Especially renting - short term arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni

1+s, the S is very odd shape, no door, pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Mm is passé, today it is 2 bedder.
    Bro chestnut, ultimately it is still quantum game. If mm is priced at 6xx, two bedder priced at 8xx, which one will sell first?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    1+s, the S is very odd shape, no door, pointless.
    This will depend. Have seen those not so odd shape types. Doors can be built, depends on tenant needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni

well it caters more to singles...can't really tap into family market though
    I am rich in debts...

Yah 2 bedders are the most flexible for rental. Best if you could get those with the 2nd bedroom that can fit a queen sized bed.

well it caters more to singles...can't really tap into family market though
    You are right, I think. HK average living space less than us, TFR even lower, at 1.09.

However, some anomalies. There are several v large families that have the smallest living space, how to account?

My relative recently rented out a room to a couple with a kid. If they can live in a single room, surely the 1+ S is comfortable for them? Again, its for short term stay, say 1-2 years.

hmm..now i know why 2br sold out so fast...

Bro chestnut, ultimately it is still quantum game. If mm is priced at 6xx, two bedder priced at 8xx, which one will sell first?
    If u ask me, each really has its own market. I do not own any mm nor 2 bedder. I tried to get in on 2 bedder from developer sales but always late.

mm in strategic locations make sense to me. But really, it is difficult to comment when I am not in the game. My units are 3 bedders or 4 bedders. What I can tell u is 4 bedders are more difficult to rent out vs 3 bedders.
    In terms of yield, smaller units give better yield than large units. I have a 4 bedder still not rented out after 1 month but I taking my time. No rush at all.

If u ask me, I regretted not getting any mm in the early phase. My mind just could not accept such a small dwelling. If u go Aus, there are so many studios because people move out of parents dwelling and want to stay on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

Wonder why...
    Best combo for rental yield and capital appreciation.

If u ask me, each really has its own market. I do not own any mm nor 2 bedder. I tried to get in on 2 bedder from developer sales but always late.

mm in strategic locations make sense to me. But really, it is difficult to comment when I am not in the game. My units are 3 bedders or 4 bedders. What I can tell u is 4 bedders are more difficult to rent out vs 3 bedders.
    In terms of yield, smaller units give better yield than large units. I have a 4 bedder still not rented out after 1 month but I taking my time. No rush at all.

If u ask me, I regretted not getting any mm in the early phase. My mind just could not accept such a small dwelling. If u go Aus, there are so many studios because people move out of parents dwelling and want to stay on their own.
    mm good for rental but i think you have gotten much better returns from the capital appreciation of your 3&4 beds.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    mm good for rental but i think you have gotten much better returns from the capital appreciation of your 3&4 beds.
    If u bot 4 bedder in 2005 and 3 mm. The capital gain would be similar but rental yield on mm is a lot better. But in reality, very difficult to just go in and swoop 3 units of mm. So, agreeable.

If u bot 4 bedder in 2005 and 3 mm. The capital gain would be similar but rental yield on mm is a lot better. But in reality, very difficult to just go in and swoop 3 units of mm. So, agreeable.
    mm's bid offer is typically pretty tight but 3/4 beds you get the outside chance of a crazy bid because a rich family craves what you have to offer. 豪宅 is a term they use in HK to describe one of two things, high psf or, more traditionally, large built ins or land.

Ever consider renting out your 4 bedder as rooms instead whole unit?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    mm's bid offer is typically pretty tight but 3/4 beds you get the outside chance of a crazy bid because a rich family craves what you have to offer. 豪宅 is a term they use in HK to describe one of two things, high psf or, more traditionally, large built ins or land.
    I have seen what happened w property cycle. There was once in 2007 or something, the psf of large units were high, because it was 'rare'.

But indeed 4 bedders which are about 2000 sq ft will be rare in the future.

Ever consider renting out your 4 bedder as rooms instead whole unit?
    Bro, when u rent out as rooms, you actually get more rental. This I am aware. You can even apply this on a 3 bedder. Instead of 4k, u can get 4.5k.

But I prefer convenience and I also want a family who can take care of my unit.

how about resale of 4BR? easy to sell, fetch a good sum?

With 2 bedded, can we knock down the wall between the 2 rooms (if it is not the main "pillar") and seal up the door of 1 room (with brick) so that the other room is bigger?

I converted my 4 bedder into a 3 bedder. In fact, the developer converted it for me based n my wish.
    Even for my hdb in the early days - 20 yrs ago, I bit into one of the room and knocked the wall to make a walk in cabinet. Submitted plan to hdb for approval before doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    With 2 bedded, can we knock down the wall between the 2 rooms (if it is not the main "pillar") and seal up the door of 1 room (with brick) so that the other room is bigger?

I converted my 4 bedder into a 3 bedder. In fact, the developer converted it for me based n my wish.
    that's better bcoz no need to redo the flooring....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    that's better bcoz no need to redo the flooring....
    I even raised the false ceiling to super high, of course developer did it. But that was in 2005/6. During that time, they were so accommodating and even allowed u to negotiate. That was the first time in my life I negotiated for price of condo from developer. Hahahaha.

chestnut and I probably belong to an older group of investors who had never bought MMs, or even 2bds. The old idea was, the pty you bought must be good enough for yourselves to stay in. Today time has changed.