Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Mondrian

Went by yesterday and the huge crane is gone indeed, windows and sliding doors are fitted on the lower floors and look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Passed by over the weekend. Seemed like Eng Lim has sped things up at last. The building structure was completed, they removed the huge crane, and all the SingPower and Singtel folks were there on Sat laying all the cables. Even the sliding doors on the balcony were up for the lower floor units. Drove by on Sun again and saw that they are doing up the pool area. Hopefully TOP can really happen in Q3 2010 after all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jchong
    Went by yesterday and the huge crane is gone indeed, windows and sliding doors are fitted on the lower floors and look nice!
    jchong, thanks for posting all the pics. really helpful! do u stay around the area too?

as a matter of interest, per the electoral register (updated in March 09), I am still a resident of Potong Pasir... with the election coming round the corner, it is indeed interesting to see how things pan out over at this electoral hotbed.

The row of landed terraces across the Upper Serangoon road has en-bloced to a private developer, and are now all boarded up with signs stating "demolition in progress". did u notice that? what is interesting is that these terraces were right next to the land plot which were part of Government's land sales program for this year. Imagine the developer which was tendering for the Government Serangoon/Woodleigh land plot to state in his marketing brochure - unblocked views all around; then oops, the terraces right in front were suddenly built up as condos. the so called unblocked views of the landed terraces simply vanished overnight.

Now that the crane is gone and the windows are up, PM is really looking much better. Hopefully we can all collect keys by this year.

Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    OIC I thought you moving from PE to PM. LOL
    nope... we are staying put at Holland HDB for many many more years to come. HDB is for self occupation, the rest are for investment.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Congrats! You are very lucky. There was only one 5-room flat transacted at $550k for the whole of last year in Holland V. Most were pricier, including a high floor unit done at $708k.
    actually there were quite a few 5-rooms around the Holland/Dover/Commonwealth area transacted around the $5xxK price region during last year. sometimes prices alone is not a good gauge. my unit is on the low floor, but thankfully no noon sun though. the condition of the flat was really dismal when I bought it cos it was owned by this old couple who had no energy to upkeep it. Major hacking and retiling of all toilet/kitchen walls and the floor has got to be done, and we did spend quite a fair bit in renovating it.

some of the 5-rm flats at Holland are above 136sqm (approx 1500 sqft) with 4 bedrooms (3 rooms plus study); and unblocked views across to the One-North/Buona Vista area. hence prices alone don't tell the full story.

enough of talking abt HDB. my apologies on having steered off-topic.

Very easy to just snap a few pictures with the mobile so no problem at all. My in-laws lived in P Pasir and I live nearby, however the estate, strangely is zoned under MP GRC so will be unlikely to have an opposition party! I usually will explore the area abit whenever I go jogging at the Bidadari/P Pasir area.

As far as change in address, I think you will be officially at new address after approximately one year from date of change in IC. Now that you have moved to Holland V, it will be a long way to come by this way. Have you rented or intend to rent your PE?

This GE will be an interesting for PP ward and my guess is that if there is a change in the winning party, the whole place will benefit with more amenities and new development, hopefully!

jchong, thanks for posting all the pics. really helpful! do u stay around the area too?

as a matter of interest, per the electoral register (updated in March 09), I am still a resident of Potong Pasir... with the election coming round the corner, it is indeed interesting to see how things pan out over at this electoral hotbed.

The row of landed terraces across the Upper Serangoon road has en-bloced to a private developer, and are now all boarded up with signs stating "demolition in progress". did u notice that? what is interesting is that these terraces were right next to the land plot which were part of Government's land sales program for this year. Imagine the developer which was tendering for the Government Serangoon/Woodleigh land plot to state in his marketing brochure - unblocked views all around; then oops, the terraces right in front were suddenly built up as condos. the so called unblocked views of the landed terraces simply vanished overnight.

Now that the crane is gone and the windows are up, PM is really looking much better. Hopefully we can all collect keys by this year.

See what you mean. The areas appear too small or close for 2 developments espcially if condos/apartments!

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a8.pdf

I think it's part of the URA land sales.....

Default view

Does anyone has any idea whay floor and above that the view will not be obstructed by the condo bebehind PM?

Quote Originally Posted by NMJ
    Does anyone has any idea whay floor and above that the view will not be obstructed by the condo bebehind PM?
    You are talking about Euro Asia Park (as being the condo behind PM) right?

CURRENTLY anything above 7 floors (for stack 1,4,6) should be quite safe, but I wouldn't count on it over the long term cos Euro Asia is really an en-bloc play (sales committee formed) and based on its plot size, building up to 15 floors is really possible). But then again, who knows? Anything can en-bloc these days, BUT whether they really en-bloc is a different matter altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a8.pdf

I think it's part of the URA land sales.....
    nah.... it's not. URA land sales is the plot in front. I am talking about the plot behind that runs along-side the URA plot.

Very easy to just snap a few pictures with the mobile so no problem at all. My in-laws lived in P Pasir and I live nearby, however the estate, strangely is zoned under MP GRC so will be unlikely to have an opposition party! I usually will explore the area abit whenever I go jogging at the Bidadari/P Pasir area.

As far as change in address, I think you will be officially at new address after approximately one year from date of change in IC. Now that you have moved to Holland V, it will be a long way to come by this way. Have you rented or intend to rent your PE?

This GE will be an interesting for PP ward and my guess is that if there is a change in the winning party, the whole place will benefit with more amenities and new development, hopefully!
    We have moved out of PE, and within a week of moving into Holland, we received a personalised letter from the Holland MP welcoming us to our new home with a list of the RC members who live in our precinct. Impressed.... esp after all the laissez faire in PP...

Just checked my elections register. I will be voting as a PP resident should elections happen this year (cos we only moved into Holland in Feb 10 and hence the change in IC only happened then). After which, well, I will be at Holland. Keeping fingers crossed that elections happen this year. After so long in PP, I wanna vote as a resident of PP!

I am also hoping for a change in the winning party... The winds of change are here in PP at last. I could feel it.... esp with the changing dynamics behind the private versus public housing dwellers at PP. Let's wait and see. PP has tremendous long term potential, so let's just sit tight and wait around.

Parc Mondrian is coming up nicely. The facade is painted, most of the windows are up and it's looking quite nice. Left the pool to tackle. Should be soon....

The facade is painted and most of the windows are up??? Really??? Can anyone please post photos?? If that is true that's great news!

Deux,
    Here are some pictures I have taken one week ago. The window grilles are up to about 8 floors though cannot be seen clearly in the pictures, try zooming in. Should have further changes since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    The facade is painted and most of the windows are up??? Really??? Can anyone please post photos?? If that is true that's great news!
    NMJ, you can see abit of Euro-Asia behind PM, which is 6-7 storeys high.

Cool, thanks jchong! I hope the facade is really painted already, that will make a huge difference!

Cool, thanks jchong! I hope the facade is really painted already, that will make a huge difference!
    it is painted light beige. For some walls, the white bottom coat was still visible on last Sat. Should be finished by now.

Dropped by yesterday and the facade has been painted already and only few window grilles left undone... looking good! Took some pictures with my Camera this time, not handphone, but somehow unable to attach??? Will try again another time.

Dropped by yesterday and the facade has been painted already and only few window grilles left undone... looking good! Took some pictures with my Camera this time, not handphone, but somehow unable to attach??? Will try again another time.
    No probs. Really thanks for helping out to check on PM every now and then. Now that I've moved, I cannot check PM's progress simply by glancing out of my balcony....

PM is coming up nicely, and I have faith that Eng Lim Construction will do a good job out of it. The appliances provided are by Electrolux, the air-con is by Daikin, and wardrobe systems are by Ximula (the retail outlet at Park Mall is quite impressive).

Some trivial on past projects by Eng Lim which I thought might interest fellow Parc Mondrianers:

==================================================

"Eng Lim Construction is awarded the tender based on their credentials, experience and value engineeringwhich they can offer to the project," said Mr Jimmy Lau, Managing Director, Singapore Airshow. "It is imperative that we select a partner who can help us deliver the vision and value proposition ofSingapore Airshow 2008 and beyond. Singapore Airshow is the world’s biggest airshow in Asia. We needto move in tandem with the global business and marketing opportunities for the aviation and defencetechnology industries," he added.

Eng Lim Construction is known for the construction of Maybank Tower, SATS Airfreight Terminal 6,Ministry of Education Headquarters and The Reuters Computer Development Centre among others.

"Since not everyone gets to build an airshow site, this contract definitely adds to our portfolio. We areexcited to have a role to play in one of the world’s largest airshows," said Mr William Ling, GeneralManager, Eng Lim Construction.

(3) Design and Construction of Bishan Interchange Station

The contract for the design, construction and completion of Bishan Interchange Station has been awarded to Econ Corporation Ltd and Eng Lim Construction Co Pte Ltd Joint Venture for the price of S$82,252,235.00.

This contract involves the civil, structural, architectural, plumbing, drainage and reinstatement works for the station, as well as the upgrading of the existing North-South Line Bishan Station. Other works such as the provision of commuter facilities, bus stops and taxi stands, are also included in the contract.

Econ Corporation Ltd has completed projects such as Serangoon and Woodleigh Stations, as well as Chinatown Station, while Eng Lim Construction Co Pte Ltd has completed projects such as the Ministry of Education Headquarters and the Air Freight Terminal No. 6 Building.

Past projects also under Eng Lim.

FY PROJECT
    2005 Changi Prison Complex
    2002 Galen Building
    2001 Maybank Tower
    2005 NUS University Hall and Administration Bldg
    2003 Trevose 12
    2002 Trevose Crescent
    1993 4 Sty Research Block and Ammenity Ctr
    1990 Balestier Regency
    1999 Estalla Gardens Condo
    1992 Holland Hill Park
    1988 Marine View Mansion
    1999 Mera Gardens
    2000 New MOE HQ
    2000 Northvale Condo
    1988 SIM Management House
    1996 Teletech Park Building
    1997 The Abeerdeen/St Micheal Place
    1996 The Alpha
    1997 TLB Tampines Centre
    1999 Wilmer`s Place
    2008 Ext and A and A to Anglo Chinses Sch at Dover Rd
    2008 Landmark Building at Changi Business Park
    2008 The Quintet

1988 Windsor Park

We have moved out of PE, and within a week of moving into Holland, we received a personalised letter from the Holland MP welcoming us to our new home with a list of the RC members who live in our precinct. Impressed.... esp after all the laissez faire in PP...

Just checked my elections register. I will be voting as a PP resident should elections happen this year (cos we only moved into Holland in Feb 10 and hence the change in IC only happened then). After which, well, I will be at Holland. Keeping fingers crossed that elections happen this year. After so long in PP, I wanna vote as a resident of PP!

I am also hoping for a change in the winning party... The winds of change are here in PP at last. I could feel it.... esp with the changing dynamics behind the private versus public housing dwellers at PP. Let's wait and see. PP has tremendous long term potential, so let's just sit tight and wait around.

Parc Mondrian is coming up nicely. The facade is painted, most of the windows are up and it's looking quite nice. Left the pool to tackle. Should be soon....

There are many who bought into OL and Intero are actually sons/ daughters or are upgraders from Potong Pasir. So I don't think the wind of change is coming to PP. An even bigger wind of change at national scale is coming soon !!

Does anyone know if the windows are blue, green or brown?

Still can't attach the pictures??? The grilles are white and glass green.

Does anyone know if the windows are blue, green or brown?

Passed by over the weekend and progress looks good..couldn't see very clearly because it was nighttime though. I really hope to get keys within the next 6 months! Anyone been able to post photos?

went by this morning and spoke to the security guard - accordingly to him, the interior of the inner block has been painted and cabinets are being installed..
    he also says that we can hope to collect keys by July!

having said that, he is just the security guard so not sure if the above is accurate!

The construction mesh had came down on the block facing Potong Pasir Ave 1 when I went by yesterday evening. PM is looking good!
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    The construction mesh had came down on the block facing Potong Pasir Ave 1 when I went by yesterday evening. PM is looking good!
    that's great news! thanks very much for sharing this here. Haven't seen PM for quite a while since I've moved. Maybe I shd swing by tmrw and take a look.

How're things over at 8@W? Is the piling completed?

deleted double post

that's great news! thanks very much for sharing this here. Haven't seen PM for quite a while since I've moved. Maybe I shd swing by tmrw and take a look.

How're things over at 8@W? Is the piling completed?
    Drop by today and looks like the entire construction mesh for the inner block had been taken down, as can be seen from the site progress pic of 8@W.

I will be facing Parc Mondrian everyday next time, it will become my evening sunshade....

hi sleek,

thanks very much for posting the pics!

I think Woodleigh will look nice and exclusive after all the property devts are completed. I am glad that the piling at 8@W has been completed. Shd be coming up nicely soon.

hi azeoprop,

which stack are you on? so you face the north. hmmm.... if you are on a high floor, maybe can see the flyer and fireworks. my neighbour's unit (above 15 storeys) at Platinum Edge has a fantastic view of Kallang/Bendeemer/flyer and it faces north too.

Hi Sleek, thanks for posting the picture!

Dropped by few hours ago and looks like getting the keys in July does appear possible. Wire mesh is off one block. Looking nice!

Thanks jchong!!! Your pic really says it all.... TOP soon!!!

Unveiling of the final block!