Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will The Last Round Of Cooling Measure Affect Landed Buyers?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Secretariat sir/mdm,

how do you ask the agent to look?
    I always feel if you give them a budget, they will give you the landed at your budget but it might not be the value. ie, maybe owner askign for $900, but you say your budget is $1100, so agent will tell seller $1000psf got buyer and maybe hint to seller if he willing to give agent some comm?..

I donno.. what's the best way?
    Aiyo...why bring in the budget so early.

I mentioned, you need to know the location(s) you want. This means, do some homeworks first on the location(s).

Then just tell the agent:

- This and that Jalans...show her (she drives, you show). Sometimes the agent will show you other Jalans..you confirm by saying Yes or No,

- This kind of land plot (rectangular, squarish, no odd shape etc), land size min 1800 sqf, max 2000 sqf for example,

- No truncated land, means not where the front setback has been acquired by govt,

- No elevated road in front, means that the land plot cannot be lower than the public road in front,

- If you are FS believer (or even if you are not, people who are going to buy your house in future can be FS believers), no T-junction, no lamp post in front etc etc

You can add some...

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Aiyo...why bring in the budget so early.

I mentioned, you need to know the location(s) you want. This means, do some homeworks first on the location(s).

Then just tell the agent:

You can add some...
    Uh. but all agents will asked how much is your budget once you give them the indication you want to buy a landed of xxx size and for A&A or minor renov.

Unavoidable question. Can say budget is $2-3mil depending on the landed?

Uh. but all agents will asked how much is your budget once you give them the indication you want to buy a landed of xxx size and for A&A or minor renov.

Unavoidable question. Can say budget is $2-3mil depending on the landed?
    It really up to you, how you manage the agents, or question.

I will either say, "there is no budget if I like it", or more likely, drop the agent.

Let me add further.

You are hiring an agent to buy (not to sell). When she knows your requirements, she will know the market pricing for this kind of houses.

There is no reason for her to ask a question that is more related to the selling price.

If for some reasons, she doubts your intention to buy, maybe she thinks that you are just look-see, then she won't do a good job for you anyway. So, just drop her.

It really up to you, how you manage the agents, or question.

I will either say, "there is no budget if I like it", or more likely, drop the agent.

Ok.. thanks.

But i dont think i dare to say "there is no budget if I like it".. this one only reserved for the GCB owners..

Ok.. thanks.

But i dont think i dare to say "there is no budget if I like it".. this one only reserved for the GCB owners..
    Bro, the agent working for you leh !!!! Why you so scared!!!!
    Just state your requirements and let them do the groundwork. You really need to know your rights as a buyer. The agent needs to serve you. Period. Just act on it. you show them u serious, they will serve you. This is a solid lead for them leh. They close the deal of say 2mil, they make 20K from seller leh. You think they wont work !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, the agent working for you leh !!!! Why you so scared!!!!
    Just state your requirements and let them do the groundwork. You really need to know your rights as a buyer. The agent needs to serve you. Period. Just act on it. you show them u serious, they will serve you. This is a solid lead for them leh. They close the deal of say 2mil, they make 20K from seller leh. You think they wont work !!!!

If you are talking about $2-3mil landed.. the landed agents have seen bigger meat , you are like the HDB agent's commisson to them. Anyway, i've been doing the calling and arranging to see the landed myself. No stable agents.

Like you go priority banking with $200k, the RM look at you like one of the just made it kind..entry level .. shrimp in a big pond.. They rather spend their time hooking the $1mil customers.

I must know my station in life.. I am a small fish in a big pond..

I really think you need to talk to Secretariat.... There is a disconnect somewhere. You dont seem to know how the agents operate and assume too much....

It is really up to you. I am only here to TCSS...

Hahahahaha

If you are talking about $2-3mil landed.. the landed agents have seen bigger meat , you are like the HDB agent's commisson to them. Anyway, i've been doing the calling and arranging to see the landed myself. No stable agents.

Like you go priority banking with $200k, the RM look at you like one of the just made it kind..entry level .. shrimp in a big pond.. They rather spend their time hooking the $1mil customers.

I must know my station in life.. I am a small fish in a big pond..

I really think you need to talk to Secretariat.... There is a disconnect somewhere. You dont seem to know how the agents operate and assume too much....

Hahahahaha

Ok, will try your method with some agents No worries. you've been a great help already.

Hahahahaha

I have already mentioned, an agent goes by territory. Those covering Sentosa, they don't cover Serangoon Garden, for example. They can, but they don't.

The landed property agents, they are not the typical condo agents. They possess a great deal of knowledge of the areas they are covering. They can tell you about the history of an estate, value of a land or house, things about rebuilding, the better contractors, architects, financing etc.

A landed (whether for a old one-storey, or a newly rebuild), in good location, with reasonable asking price, it didn't get advertised before being sold. Once the landed is put on the market, the agent will know, even when she is not the agent appointed by the selling owner.

(Just check the URA caveat for landed transactions, how many of them were actually advertised?)

If you were to buy 2 units of condo, you have a ready resource of $3 mil, then you want to be certain that you are in the vvip lists of the developments you are interested in. To be able to get the choice units at lower prices.

Especially so for landed. Along one road, one Jalan, how many units there? 20, 30 units. How many old single-storey units? So, unless you retain an agent(s) to scout, the good ones, at good prices will be gone before you

Those appeared in advertisements, Strait Times classified, Propertyguru, etc, are leftovers, those already 'rejected' by the agent clients.

I have already mentioned, an agent goes by territory. Those covering Sentosa, they don't cover Serangoon Garden, for example. They can, but they don't.

The landed property agents, they are not the typical condo agents. They possess a great deal of knowledge of the areas they are covering. They can tell you about the history of an estate, value of a land or house, things about rebuilding, the better contractors, architects, financing etc.

A landed (whether for a old one-storey, or a newly rebuild), in good location, with reasonable asking price, it didn't get advertised before being sold. Once the landed is put on the market, the agent will know, even when she is not the agent appointed by the selling owner.

(Just check the URA caveat for landed transactions, how many of them were actually advertised?)

If you were to buy 2 units of condo, you have a ready resource of $3 mil, then you want to be certain that you are in the vvip lists of the developments you are interested in. To be able to get the choice units at lower prices.

Especially so for landed. Along one road, one Jalan, how many units there? 20, 30 units. How many old single-storey units? So, unless you retain an agent(s) to scout, the good ones, at good prices will be gone before you

Those appeared in advertisements, Strait Times classified, Propertyguru, etc, are leftovers, those already 'rejected' by the agent clients.
    Based on my experience , Propertyguru will capture at least 80% of the condos available for sale or lease and ST classifieds only around 20-30%. It should be likewise for landed properties.