Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    isn't zeamybro an agent?
    Mermaid, no, i am not an agent =)

this is quite small number ... but I suppose they bought big units?

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Updates:

28 units sold yesterday to VVIPs.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    Mermaid, no, i am not an agent =)
    oops! my bad! tat was zeewee n not zeamybro

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    that's a surprisingly low number. how come the 40 unit buyer from your agency is not entitled to buy yesterday?
    Yesterday was, VVIP. Today is for VIPs.

Start liao!

Exciting time

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    if want only 1 unit, submit 2 cheques.
    exercise 1 option.
    dont exercise the other option, lose only 1.25% or if think a different way, pay 1.25% more to get ahead of the people who wants to buy 1 unit only.
    Submit cheque don't need to put any money leh.
    Just submit a blank cheque to indicate your interest.
    If don't want to buy, they will just return you the blank cheque.
    Sign OTP then must pay the 1.25%.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    but if 1 of u dun wan to buy, the other who is buying hv to go back n join the rest in the balloting liao lor ...

Agent also need to make a living. If dont want to buy then dont waste agent's time lah.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Agent also need to make a living. If dont want to buy then dont waste agent's time lah.
    actually I really doubt wat one see at vvip.

I suspect not everyone of the crowds r genuine buyers who submitted chqs ...

during the 2 vvip tat I went, the crowds r significantly more den the actual buyers. for my proj, the crowd can fight wif duo one, in fact, when I see the picture, I feel tat the crowd over at mine is even more. tink 1k+.
    in the end only 300+ sold nia
    dun tell me 3/4 of them last min changed their mind?
    mine de pricing is surprisingly slightly lower den expectation, so no reason for the last min huge drop out rite?
    hence I suspect the crowds there mayb r calefe

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    I don't wanna waste my time too.
    But sometimes, some people are undecided.
    Or they cannot get the units they want so they reject.
    I am replying to hopeful's post that give blank cheque but later don't wanna buy, won't incur the loss of 1.25%.

What is the latest no. of units sold here?

i think you are mistaken about the intention of submitting 2 blank cheques if you want to get 1 unit in Duo.

earlier, forummers/agents have said if intent to buy only 1 unit instead of multiple units even though you submit multiple cheques, , then they wont entertain you and instead, ask you to join another queue.

so if you only want to get a unit in duo, then you pay OTP for the 2 units.
    however, you only exercise only 1 OTP, the 2nd OTP you dont exercise. so you forfeit 1.25%.
    if a unit is 1.5mil, that 1.25% is only 18k to let you cut the queue in front of the single unit buyers.

i am not sure if multiple unit buyers also have rankings. those who submit cheques for 40 units would have higher priority than those who submit cheques for 2 units only. that one need to ask sunboy77.

i think you are mistaken about the intention of submitting 2 blank cheques if you want to get 1 unit in Duo.

earlier, forummers/agents have said if intent to buy only 1 unit instead of multiple units even though you submit multiple cheques, , then they wont entertain you and instead, ask you to join another queue.

however, you only exercise only 1 OTP, the 2nd OTP you dont exercise. so you forfeit 1.25%.
    if a unit is 1.5mil, that 1.25% is only 18k to let you cut the queue in front of the single unit buyers.

i am not sure if multiple unit buyers also have rankings. those who submit cheques for 40 units would have higher priority than those who submit cheques for 2 units only. that one need to ask sunboy77.
    If I am not wrong, you pay 5% and not 1.25% to exercise the option for this project.

I have attended a couple of such balloting exercises. Multiple units buyers' queue will go by ranking based on no. of units. It will be followed by agent's queue before it goes to the single unit purchaser. Multiple unit purchasers have to choose all the units that he/she has requested for originally. Otherwise, he will be eligible to choose. This is fair practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    I have attended a couple of such balloting exercises. Multiple units buyers' queue will go by ranking based on no. of units. It will be followed by agent's queue before it goes to the single unit purchaser. Multiple unit purchasers have to choose all the units that he/she has requested for originally. Otherwise, he will be eligible to choose. This is fair practice.
    so the best outcome for a single unit purchaser is to submit 2 cheques, indicating his desired units and for somebody else to take one of his choices, leaving him only a single unit for him to buy?

so the best outcome for a single unit purchaser is to submit 2 cheques, indicating his desired units and for somebody else to take one of his choices, leaving him only a single unit for him to buy?
    They have already thought of it. You are not allowed to assign.

yes, tat's my understanding too.
    previously when we submitted 2 chqs, our agent told us tat we will belong to the 1st category tat is allowed to be balloted. however, shd one of us back out, the other will hv no priority to select even though both of us may be inside. The other person will hv be balloted tgt wif the rest of the single unit applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk View Post
    I hv tried all sort of scenarios, all gena caught

huh, i am not talking about assign.
    let's say i indicated i want 2 x 1BR from 5-15 floor.
    however, when my turns come, only 1 unit available.
    what happens then?
    am i force to choose 1 unit from another type, another floor?

huh, i am not talking about assign.
    let's say i indicated i want 2 x 1BR from 5-15 floor.
    however, when my turns come, only 1 unit available.
    what happens then?
    am i force to choose 1 unit from another type, another floor?
    it is up to u, it doesn't matter to them anyway.
    wat they r concern is the number of units u commited eventually muz be the same as wat u indicated in the expression of interest form.

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time, else yr balloting will start only after the multiple buyers hv finished selecting. developers dun care if it is the same stack/storey/unit type tat u hv indicated.

they juz wanna be fair to all buyers & dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 buyers, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priority q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.
    Last edited by mermaid; 14-11-13 at 16:01.

yah, 1pm ballot until almost 5pm liao still not done?

What is the latest no. of units sold here?

It is rather "malu" if the person decided to take fewer units or give up with so many people watching you on stage and the person holding on to the mic making the annoucement.
    wat they r concern is the number of units u commited eventually muz be the same as wat u indicated in the expression of interest form.

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time. they dun care if it is the same stack or storey tat u hv indicated.

they juz wanna be fair & dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 buyers, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priorty q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time. they dun care if it is the same stack or storey tat u hv indicated.

they juz dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 ppl, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priorty q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.
    ok, so i pay OTP for 2 units, exercise one, dont exercise the other.
    i pay 1.25% premium to get infront of the queue for single unit buyers.
    if 2000psf, then that 1.25% is only 25psf.

eg u genuinely wanted to get 2 units but when yr turn comes, only 1 is left. they will allow u to buy now only if u transact 2 units at the same time, else yr balloting will start only after the multiple buyers hv finished selecting. developers dun care if it is the same stack/storey/unit type tat u hv indicated.

they juz wanna be fair to all buyers & dun wan ppl to exploit any loopholes, be it thr 2 buyers, 2 chqs or 2 agents.

but usually when u r in priority q, only a handful of ppl nia. hence very low possibility the units tat u one is no longer there.
    Thanks mermaid, you are very eloquent.

ok, so i pay OTP for 2 units, exercise one, dont exercise the other.
    i pay 1.25% premium to get infront of the queue for single unit buyers.
    if 2000psf, then that 1.25% is only 25psf.
    oh, I see where u r coming fm. execute the real one & hantum another cheap one so tat the 1.25% extra cost will be small.

u nvr explained yrself clearly.

oh, I see where u r coming fm. execute the real one & hantum another cheap one so tat the 1.25% extra cost will be small.

u nvr explained yrself clearly.
    To lose 5% is not a small sum.

i think many silent readers going to use this approach and make agents/ developers bo eng to cancel S&P.

To lose 5% is not a small sum.
    irrc, is 25% of the 5% deposit paid, hence is 1.25%.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    i think many silent readers going to use this approach and make agents/ developers bo eng to cancel S&P.
    now I noe y so many returned units liao

irrc, is 25% of the 5% deposit paid, hence is 1.25%.

now I noe y so many returned units liao
    if you join the priority queue for multiple unit buyers, then most likely the lower floors are still available to you.

since lower floors are cheaper than higher floors, then it is worth to pay the 1.25% premium.

using the 2000psf example, 1.25% = 25psf. that is equivalent to 1 to 2 stories higher.
    so if managed to get 8th floor, instead of 20th floor, then already worth it to pay the 1.25% premium.

8th to 20th floor should be about 180psf(?) difference.

So the question now is: How many units sold today till now?
    Anyone can update?