Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    But southbank studio/ 1 bedder is much bigger.
    Hi Buddy,

My point was not about a direct comparison between Duo and Southbank, but about recognising a project's potential. Anyway, to each his own.

But southbank studio/ 1 bedder is much bigger.
    Southbank don't have mall. And today selling 1.9-2k psf. Duo with longer lease, furnishings, connections, location is worth a premium.

..looks like a lot of forumers here went in ....
    I also think this is more for capital appreciation, rental is just bonus. In HK, the Austin , which is located at similar location (Kowloon area ), is selling 7k SGD psf now. Such iconic project will always have buyers, once the buying restriction is removed .

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    For me, a 900k studio is fine. But at 1.2m it just does not make sense for me to park 720k, hold the unit for 4 years n hoping to make 100k to 200k or 3.5k rental. The ROI dun make sense at least for me. For investment, I can gain better yield else where. But I can't denial the feel good factor of owning a prestigious project. Haha
    Can't agree more on the feel good factor of owning a small piece of an iconic project. If market is good at time of TOP, no doubt those who bought at <2000pfs will enjoy good capital appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    The 1bedder likely to fetch 4-4.5k. Studios probably 3.5k as the layout is far from ideal.
    who's the targeted tenants?

Actually those tenants working in Suntec will be better off renting Dakota or concourse because CCL direct to Suntec. If stay in Duo, need to take mrt and switch line or walk very far.

Next time Duo tenants will be just right next door, Duo grade A office block or getway n parkview.

Actually those tenants working in Suntec will be better off renting Dakota or concourse because CCL direct to Suntec. If stay in Duo, need to take mrt and switch line or walk very far.

Next time Duo tenants will be just right next door, Duo grade A office block or getway n parkview.
    Judging from the concept plan, there should be more grade A offices. Lets wait for confirmation in the new MP.

Why is rental even discussed at this point in time? It's not like you can rent out now. It's going to be completed in 2017.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Got it brudder. Duo has more potntial as compared to concourse skyline. Keeping a close watch at southbeach.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    Hi Buddy,

My point was not about a direct comparison between Duo and Southbank, but about recognising a project's potential. Anyway, to each his own.

Got it brudder. Duo has more potntial as compared to concourse skyline. Keeping a close watch at southbeach.
    Southbeach is a different ballgame. Even the hotel component will be designed by Phillpe Stark. They are pitching it as high end luxury market.

Yup. Viewing is by invitation only. Anyway, not many units in this project.
    Quote Originally Posted by desfrie View Post
    Southbeach is a different ballgame. Even the hotel component will be designed by Phillpe Stark. They are pitching it as high end luxury market.

Heard about 50 units left

Actually talk no end one lah.
    If one is looking for rental income, than he should buy 3x inflora 1 bedder at 450k each. U can rent out 2k each aka 6k for 1.35m vs 1 bedder 1.35m at Duo. Can 1 bedder at Duo rent 6k?

And do you think it is easier to sell 3 x 550k or easier to sell $1.65m for 1 bedder? Only time will tell.

If one is looking for rental income, than he should buy 3x inflora 1 bedder at 450k each. U can rent out 2k each aka 6k for 1.35m vs 1 bedder 1.35m at Duo. Can 1 bedder at Duo rent 6k?

And do you think it is easier to sell 3 x 550k or easier to sell $1.65m for 1 bedder? Only time will tell.
    exactly, +1

sometimes cheap proj at lousy loc offers better capital appreciation n rental yield den exp proj in gd loc.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    sometimes cheap proj at lousy loc offers better capital appreciation n rental yield den exp proj in gd loc.
    Any backup of your words ?

IF not, don't talk cock here...Keep your crap reviews.

Don't pretend that you know alot...But in fact you know little....

You a piece of shit...

Thanks for sharing, I go take a look at Inflora, really cheap at 450K, almost HDB price......

Quote Originally Posted by DuaNehNehChioBu View Post
    Any backup of your words ?

IF not, don't talk cock here...Keep your crap reviews.

Don't pretend that you know alot...But in fact you know little....

You a piece of shit...
    Why don't u pick your own size man. Pick on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I go take a look at Inflora, really cheap at 450K, almost HDB price......
    Sorry inflora 98% sold. Left only big units.
    Maybe u can try geylang mm. 500k only n FH lol

How much is Duo maintenance fee? My guess is it will be very high. After deduct away high maintenance fee very low yield.

I was told 320 sgd / month for my 1 bed and 2 bedder.

Bought a 2+ s on a v v high floor... I bought not for rental returns... Im looking more at cap apprecation

Maintenance is about $385-$400 for 2bedder and 2+S.

The main attraction of Duo is in its location. Being right above the confluence of downtown line (which serves bt timah to raffles place/marina bay financial district) and east west line (bugis). Being on a mixed use development site which houses a luxury hotel, retail and commercial grade A office space. As more land parcels get sold along the Ophir Rochor corridor, there is current upside to those who went in early. Some of the units were priced extremely reasonably IMHO. 09-11, for example, was $1,524psf.

I thought the penthouse layouts were the best I've seen in a long time. 270 degree views, superb cross ventilation, no wastage of spaces, huge living areas. Too bad no $$$ to get one.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/skyline/skylin...02/text/04.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    missed the inflora boat? nvm, developer still hv 2 plots of land not launched yet

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2 View Post
    Bought a 2+ s on a v v high floor... I bought not for rental returns... Im looking more at cap apprecation
    How high is your very high?
    On 28th floor already 2300psf.

By the way, the agents whom I spoke with all said there is a proposed underground walkway from Duo to Gateway and Suntec that will be built. Anyone has confirmation if this is true? If so, I thought it would be great to have connectivity to the circle line (Esplanade station) and North South line (Cityhall station).

http://allnewlaunch.files.wordpress....10/image2.jpeg

Gateway is a yes.
    Suntec is a challenge being around 900m away.

Gateway is a yes.
    Suntec is a challenge being around 900m away.
    Yeah, or so I thought. But many agents and websites seem to be stating the same claim, so I thought there may be a chance this is true lol...

http://www.theduoresidences.com/2013...portunity.html

I think the linkway is highly possible .. look at citylink ..
    linkways are also proposed for SB.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Maintenance is about $385-$400 for 2bedder and 2+S.

The main attraction of Duo is in its location. Being right above the confluence of downtown line (which serves bt timah to raffles place/marina bay financial district) and east west line (bugis). Being on a mixed use development site which houses a luxury hotel, retail and commercial grade A office space. As more land parcels get sold along the Ophir Rochor corridor, there is current upside to those who went in early. Some of the units were priced extremely reasonably IMHO. 09-11, for example, was $1,524psf.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/skyline/skylin...02/text/04.htm

that's because 09-11 has 27 sqm of balcony space that's 25% of the total floor area! it's view is also blocked by the opposite block directly, and has west sun. therefore psf looks cheaper.