Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

True the balcony is too big. But I think one can see the singapore river and flyer to the left from that level.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    that's because 09-11 has 27 sqm of balcony space that's 25% of the total floor area! it's view is also blocked by the opposite block directly, and has west sun. therefore psf looks cheaper.

that's because 09-11 has 27 sqm of balcony space that's 25% of the total floor area! it's view is also blocked by the opposite block directly, and has west sun. therefore psf looks cheaper.
    Agree that the balcony is huge. But at least it's a decent shaped balcony, not planter, baywindow or aircon ledge. That balcony can accommodate an outdoor dining set and a small couch.

Anyway, I think the underpass conversation may happen. See the attached URA circular for more info on the Ophir bugis underground plans.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/circulars/...r/dc12-12.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Agree that the balcony is huge. But at least it's a decent shaped balcony, not planter, baywindow or aircon ledge. That balcony can accommodate an outdoor dining set and a small couch.

Anyway, I think the underpass conversation may happen. See the attached URA circular for more info on the Ophir bugis underground plans.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/circulars/...r/dc12-12.aspx
    agree. just saying that if the 27 sq m had been allocated to indoor space e.g. additional 2 bedrooms, the psf wouldn't be this low. view of flyer would have been a rather neck stretching, oblique view. i feel all these have been priced in to give the comparatively lower psf. any case the main draw of this development is the location and 4-in-1 concept.

agree. just saying that if the 27 sq m had been allocated to indoor space e.g. additional 2 bedrooms, the psf wouldn't be this low. view of flyer would have been a rather neck stretching, oblique view. i feel all these have been priced in to give the comparatively lower psf. any case the main draw of this development is the location and 4-in-1 concept.
    Yes, likewise for stack 12, a 710sf 1br starting from 1600psf. First thought was wow, so cheap for a small unit, but if u study closer, the unit has a very big balcony (which prob explains the low psf).

It is a norm to hve large balcony these days. It owes to garment guidelines who give out free spaces and developer makes the most by putting it at the balcony.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    Yes, likewise for stack 12, a 710sf 1br starting from 1600psf. First thought was wow, so cheap for a small unit, but if u study closer, the unit has a very big balcony (which prob explains the low psf).

Actually I like units with decent size Balcony, high floor and good view ...

It would be wonderful to go home, sit down with a nice cup of coffee and a book ... just to relax

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    Actually I like units with decent size Balcony, high floor and good view ...

It would be wonderful to go home, sit down with a nice cup of coffee and a book ... just to relax
    balconys must be deep enough. the problem with a 710sf unit with a "big" balcony is that the balcony is never big enough, even though it looks "big" relative to the unit's size, esp on a brochure. Such a balcony is at most good for a smoking corner.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    balconys must be deep enough. the problem with a 710sf unit with a "big" balcony is that the balcony is never big enough, even though it looks "big" relative to the unit's size, esp on a brochure. Such a balcony is at most good for a smoking corner.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all the balconies in the development are of the same depth. And if you had visited the show flats which carried typical-sized balconies the longer balcony of stack 11 and 12 could certainly be put to some good use.

there's actually a norm of 10% of total floor space for balcony, e.g. 10 sq m for a 100 sq m unit. 25% is way too excessive for a unit of this size. 27 sq m can fit 2 good-sized bedrooms and turn the 2+1 into a 4+1 or 3+1+balcony the rental and value of the unit will be truly formidable then.

there's actually a norm of 10% of total floor space for balcony, e.g. 10 sq m for a 100 sq m unit. 25% is way too excessive for a unit of this size. 27 sq m can fit 2 good-sized bedrooms and turn the 2+1 into a 4+1 or 3+1+balcony the rental and value of the unit will be truly formidable then.
    Haha in terms of duo pricing, the quantum is all about the same. Either large balconies, or very efficient layouts (one or two stacks even got no balconies) but still same quantum cos the facing/view is good. Lol...

I like large balconies lah. I thought can really self stay one day. The balcony is good sized for my kid to play, or for me to hang ard with my coffee and newspapers in the morning before the day starts. But the location is problematic. Being in a 24/7 district and next to so many shopping malls is not great for bringing up the kid. Being next to a library and staying in a HDB would be more ideal.

There is a national library which is pretty near duo and for groceries you could goto little India wet market.

Over bugis side has a hawker center, Chinese temple and sim lim square.

There are tons of small eateries around Liang Seah Street as well

Kampung glam has singapore best nasi Padang too

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    There is a national library which is pretty near duo and for groceries you could goto little India wet market.

Over bugis side has a hawker center, Chinese temple and sim lim square.

There are tons of small eateries around Liang Seah Street as well

Kampung glam has singapore best nasi Padang too
    Lol u are right bro! How can I forget bras brasah complex and National library!

Brought my kid to the show flat. He wasn't impressed. No huge playground, no large pool, no water slides.... Pale in comparison to The Minton. Lol.... To the child, Minton is worth three times that of Duo. Rofl...

Haha in terms of duo pricing, the quantum is all about the same. Either large balconies, or very efficient layouts (one or two stacks even got no balconies) but still same quantum cos the facing/view is good. Lol...

I like large balconies lah. I thought can really self stay one day. The balcony is good sized for my kid to play, or for me to hang ard with my coffee and newspapers in the morning before the day starts. But the location is problematic. Being in a 24/7 district and next to so many shopping malls is not great for bringing up the kid. Being next to a library and staying in a HDB would be more ideal.
    Yes i love big balconies too. I know many investors dont like, but for own stay, i would like to have a very big balcony (with decent facing of cos) as i am not an a/c person.

For smaller units these days, with the living room and bedrooms being so small, the balcony plays a more vital role as you get to step out for a breather..

Cool

Lol u are right bro! How can I forget bras brasah complex and National library!

Brought my kid to the show flat. He wasn't impressed. No huge playground, no large pool, no water slides.... Pale in comparison to The Minton. Lol.... To the child, Minton is worth three times that of Duo. Rofl...
    The minton has over 1100 units. During weekends or public holiday, you can forget about bring your kids to library or to even the playground inside. Cause i can predict there will be ARMY of Kids playing over there.

Actually DUO has also its good points. Sames goes to The Minton

Inbuilt library?? Minton so nice ah? heard it has heated pool ..
    But i can imagine the lib should be just one small room .. and who's going to maintain it?
    and 1K units ... just 10% we are looking at 200 people using the facilities at any one time .... cannot imagine

Anyway minton is different product from DUO .. cannot compare ...

Yup I agree that Minton and Duo are so different! Really cannot compare. Actually I stay in a HDB that is close to a public library, and shall continue doing so. Minton was for my parents to stay in.

I brought up the topic of Minton more to illustrate that value means different things to different people. To adults, value encapsulates key considerations such as location, connectivity to major rail lines, proximity to business and financial centers etc. To a child, value is represented by the size of the kids' pool, the presence of a playground, and if there are water slides or a treehouse, the value immediately triples. Very interesting to see things from their perspectives sometimes.

And to my aged parents, value comes in the form of proximity to NTUC or wet markets, place of worship, and medical facilities. Different folks different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55 View Post
    Inbuilt library?? Minton so nice ah? heard it has heated pool ..
    But i can imagine the lib should be just one small room .. and who's going to maintain it?
    and 1K units ... just 10% we are looking at 200 people using the facilities at any one time .... cannot imagine

Anyway minton is different product from DUO .. cannot compare ...

singapore so hot why need heated pool leh? maintenance will cost a $$$$
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Yup I agree that Minton and Duo are so different! Really cannot compare. Actually I stay in a HDB that is close to a public library, and shall continue doing so. Minton was for my parents to stay in.

I brought up the topic of Minton more to illustrate that value means different things to different people. To adults, value encapsulates key considerations such as location, connectivity to major rail lines, proximity to business and financial centers etc. To a child, value is represented by the size of the kids' pool, the presence of a playground, and if there are water slides or a treehouse, the value immediately triples. Very interesting to see things from their perspectives sometimes.

And to my aged parents, value comes in the form of proximity to NTUC or wet markets, place of worship, and medical facilities. Different folks different strokes.
    Well said.

Talking

Well Well, in short words, we cannot have both worlds.

Either children is the priority....OR...Yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by VAR View Post
    Well said.
    Well said ?

You are DUMB or should i say stupid ?

It is NOT difficult to understand....Just use abit more of your brain to think

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    singapore so hot why need heated pool leh? maintenance will cost a $$$$
    Minton maintenance cost is quite cheap, surprising, that is what the developer says, lets hope so,

Hey anyone knows when is the next M+S devt at MarinaOne Residences launching? And any indicative launch price? More than 1,000 units. Scully it's another sell out project.

If it launches at $1.5kpsf, there will be a stampede, regardless of ABSD/SSD/TDSR...

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Minton maintenance cost is quite cheap, surprising, that is what the developer says, lets hope so,
    when new mah.. when these things get old then the sinking fund will hurt leh..
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Hey anyone knows when is the next M+S devt at MarinaOne Residences launching? And any indicative launch price? More than 1,000 units. Scully it's another sell out project.

If it launches at $1.5kpsf, there will be a stampede, regardless of ABSD/SSD/TDSR...

likely next year Q1.

They will lose face if launch marina one at less than 2k psf. When clermont .Au chance at 3k up and mbr is 2500 psf up

With the new Master plan. Any impact for Duo?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
    With the new Master plan. Any impact for Duo?
    I dont think so, the 4000 homes in Kampong Bugis is too far away from Duo to make an impact i think....

I think it will impact Citylights, South Bank more

DUO doesnt need any more people lah - it is already at the confluence of all things busy and crowded, anything else will be marginal benefit or maybe even diseconomy of scale.

what will benefit DUO more is if the offices there and in the Bugis area start to attract key anchor MNC tenant with lots of good class migrant workers.

currently, the banks and FIs are mostly moving to MBFC and TPG area. But then again, Bugis got direct MRT line there. It will be creme in the rental game.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    DUO doesnt need any more people lah - it is already at the confluence of all things busy and crowded, anything else will be marginal benefit or maybe even diseconomy of scale.

what will benefit DUO more is if the offices there and in the Bugis area start to attract key anchor MNC tenant with lots of good class migrant workers.

currently, the banks and FIs are mostly moving to MBFC and TPG area. But then again, Bugis got direct MRT line there. It will be creme in the rental game.
    Doubt the banks will ever move to bugis with abundant office space in marina bay, so can only hope for other brand name mncs like Microsoft, and other brand name mnc

Found an Oct 12 report on the office demand for CityHall / Beach Road area. The area is still able to attract significant Global MNCs to come in.

Supply / Demand
    Supply in this location is more restricted than one would expect
    and Suntec City in particular boasts a relatively high occupancy
    rate with just the smaller units available - hence the landlords here
    are more bullish on their rates. Millenia Tower has a significant
    amount of space coming available as a result of Citibank relocating
    and over 8 whole floors (circa 17,000 sq ft each) will be released
    over the next 12 months. By contrast Centennial Tower and even
    The Gateway have only a limited number of units available

Ample space coming available in Millenia Tower

This area has seen reasonable activity since the beginning of the year.

Parkview Square has secured a number of large tenants
    including International Baccalaurette (whole floor – 15,000 sq ft)
    relocating from Tower 15 in Tanjong Pagar, and BMC Software
    has taken a large unit relocating from IOI Plaza on Middle Road.
    Other new tenants to recently move to this building include The
    Embassy of Oman, Ingenico International, Rich Tree Capital and
    Fiat/Chrysler. Another tenant to relocate from IOI Plaza was law
    firm Viering, Jentschura & Partner who upgraded and moved to
    Bugis Junction.

Centennial Tower
    has found some high calibre tenants and
    new occupiers here include Rolls Royce, Maxwell Chambers,
    Rongsheng Offshore (a whole floor) and DHR International.
    Millenia Tower, has also been one of the more active buildings
    in this area. New tenants here include Qatar National Bank who
    moved next door from Centennial Tower, as well as Xstrata Coal
    Sales, Panduit Singapore, Cape International, Hoya Optics,
    Origeo and Western Pacific Resources. Singapore Technologies
    Telemedia has just leased 12,000 sq ft here and will be relocating
    from 51 Cuppage Road.
    Suntec City has seen significant activity

Suntec City always sees plenty of movement for a variety of

reasons and new tenants to Suntec City Tower 1 include The
    Malaysian High Commission, Asia Soho and Singapore Julong
    International. Tower 2 leased a whole floor to Indika Energy and
    other new tenants include Sky China and Palo Alto Networks.
    Tower 3 probably saw the most leasing activity and secured
    Visy & Pratt, SK Hynix, Gold Knight Capital, Coopervision, Clear
    Channel, ECS and G&C as new tenants. Aussino also purchased
    its own unit here

Elsewhere in the area The Gateway was relatively quiet, but new
    tenants here include Hutchison Ports, Springer Science and Air
    India. The Concourse has seen several new tenants arrive this
    year including The Discovery Group, Hevilift Group, AP Bullion,
    Constellum and Hotels Connection.