Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Qbay @ Tampines - By FEO, FCL and Seikisui House LH99

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    Only for kids above a certain age...
    Younger kids who attend will stay with families who need to rent apartments
    I suspect the demand is not that high. Unlike educational institutes like INSEAD where the students are working adults. These type will generate demand. Those younger kids are here because of the parents. If you say CBP I agree, to quote UWC is a little stretched.

Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    UWCSEA has its own hostel.
    Bro, we talking about international school. Expats come here and put there kids in hostel? Do u know how many students in use tampines?

Do u know the school fees per month?

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    Only for kids above a certain age...
    Younger kids who attend will stay with families who need to rent apartments
    Bro, if u get posted to say china, u going to let your kid whi is 16 yr old stay in hostel? The international fee already a killer(but most likely paid by coy-so no prob), but u want to pay extra for hostel?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, we talking about international school. Expats come here and put there kids in hostel? Do u know how many students in use tampines?

Do u know the school fees per month?
    The hostel for who then?

There may be demand... But I suspect not that high. But I like WV. Value for the bucks.

The hostel for who then?

There may be demand... But I suspect not that high. But I like WV. Value for the bucks.
    How many rooms in the hostel? Did not check this out?

Ok, found out :
    http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/page.cfm?p=755

So now, there are so few rooms and so many students? So this students stay where?

U bot WV?

How many rooms in the hostel? Did not check this out?

Ok, found out :
    http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/page.cfm?p=755

So now, there are so few rooms and so many students? So this students stay where?

U bot WV?
    Yup. December 2010.

Yup. December 2010.
    OIC.

Based on webby, hostel about 115 rooms. Say double bed, max 230. Too lazy to check.
    Number of students 2,500 for usw tampines.

There u have it. Now u can do the math.

School fees - > $20k per year.

U buy for own stay or investment. Bro, this one can make money. There are some more land coming out. Hahahaha
    Last edited by chestnut; 03-11-12 at 09:07.

UWC fees are very high.
    So majority of the students come from well to do families, so I don't think the demand for rental of Qbay from this group of people is going to be high.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    UWC fees are very high.
    So majority of the students come from well to do families, so I don't think the demand for rental of Qbay from this group of people is going to be high.
    Sis, expats have housing allowance and school fee allowance. There is a budget leh.

You think cosy pay 20k to all expats? So u think those going china from Singapore, how much is their
    1. Salary
    2. Housing allowance
    3. Schooling allowance

Assume u say this Singaporeans who go china are working in MNCs, fill in the blanks.

But anyway, WVers have Far East to thank. Hahahaha. I really thank Far East for making many of my props prices go up.

I really don't understand why people don't like Far Eat. When I found out they nodded and won the site, I was more than

Yup. December 2010.
    Have viewed WV in yr2011, nearly bog a 2+1 @ $800k cos the space within is spacious with figure 8 pools in centre and all blks widely space out and of course, reasonable psf at that time. But did not like half past six kitchen and lack of amentities, thus say Anyway, still feel that hard to find good spaced out developement nowadays Liao.

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    Have viewed WV in yr2011, nearly bog a 2+1 @ $800k cos the space within is spacious with figure 8 pools in centre and all blks widely space out and of course, reasonable psf at that time. But did not like half past six kitchen and lack of amentities, thus say Anyway, still feel that hard to find good spaced out developement nowadays Liao.
    Aiyo, this u hiam, I think satisfying your needs going to be siong. Sim Lian grew from being hdb contractor. If u go to all their showroom, design is almost the same. They reuse their decoration, etc...
    They don't engage great ID so they save on this part.

Those developer that sell fast use great IDs to give you the wow effect. Sofas are customized to fit in just nice, bed also customized. That why, when u visit, u get that wow and shiok feeling and you pass check. Hahahaha.

I expect QBay to be higher. If they drop the bomb on me and sell at 900 psf, really, I no prob, I just buy 1 more at QBay. This I am serious.

Your only choice now is to go for old units where the design is more functional and size is bigger.

Bro, I understand how u feel. Whenever I go show room, i and say, how to stay in? Then I discovered - hey, I not staying wat, my tenant going to stay wat. Then I buy. Hahahaha

Aiyo, this u hiam, I think satisfying your needs going to be siong. Sim Lian grew from being hdb contractor. If u go to all their showroom, design is almost the same. They reuse their decoration, etc...
    They don't engage great ID so they save on this part.

Those developer that sell fast use great IDs to give you the wow effect. Sofas are customized to fit in just nice, bed also customized. That why, when u visit, u get that wow and shiok feeling and you pass check. Hahahaha.

I expect QBay to be higher. If they drop the bomb on me and sell at 900 psf, really, I no prob, I just buy 1 more at QBay. This I am serious.

Your only choice now is to go for old units where the design is more functional and size is bigger.

Bro, I understand how u feel. Whenever I go show room, i and say, how to stay in? Then I discovered - hey, I not staying wat, my tenant going to stay wat. Then I buy. Hahahaha
    But there's 2 more plots coming up around there.

Quote Originally Posted by smpeh
    So good or bad?

Think metropolitan. Think caspian, think carribean.

Actually 3 more.
    Land parcel B, C and D.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/GLS-URA.html

Actually 3 more.
    Land parcel B, C and D.

I love it.

But anyway, WVers have Far East to thank. Hahahaha. I really thank Far East for making many of my props prices go up.

I really don't understand why people don't like Far Eat. When I found out they nodded and won the site, I was more than
    Seems a good strategy to use. Some relatives move into clover when sky just launched. Think really enjoy good returns by now if sell.

Actually 3 more.
    Land parcel B, C and D.

O boy. Traffic is going get really

Seems a good strategy to use. Some relatives move into clover when sky just launched. Think really enjoy good returns by now if sell.
    Bro, how did u know I have clover. Prices up more than 50% conservatively. It is way more then that. I always use conservative number just in case I need quick sale.

O boy. Traffic is going get really
    Bro, u don't want traffic, join me in pasir panjang. This is a really ulu place.

Actually 3 more.
    Land parcel B, C and D.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Tampines...s10C-LPnCP.pdf

There is a proposed place of worship between Parcel B and C.

Actually 3 more.
    Land parcel B, C and D.

Q front collection will come soon if FEC manage to bit all
    A Q town is possible!

UWC fees are very high.
    UWC parents very very deep pocket one.

If u want to check, there are many new buyers in Tropica and Aquarius are UWC parents. I know one, one kid already enrolled in UWC, another one in the waiting list for more than one years, still no news yet.

Don't underestimate UWC... super expensive international school!! the tuition fee only is $30k per year indeed...

http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/uploaded/im..._2012-2013.pdf

There is a newly launched HDB BTO @ Sep 2012 (Tampines GreenLace) at the top end of Tampines St 86, directly opposite UWCSEA.

CBP competition higher, still got tanah merah side supply

Expats with schooling kids vs those w/o very different from experience, even Singaporeans same; those w/o go for their own convenience but those with, likely to stay near kids' school & commute further to work

Wonder what's upcoming development for plots opposite parcel A(Qbay), B, C & D... Would make a difference

I suspect the demand is not that high. Unlike educational institutes like INSEAD where the students are working adults. These type will generate demand. Those younger kids are here because of the parents. If you say CBP I agree, to quote UWC is a little stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    There is a newly launched HDB BTO @ Sep 2012 (Tampines GreenLace) at the top end of Tampines St 86, directly opposite UWCSEA.
    I believe very very forumer here qualify to apply this BTO bah?..

UWC parents majority won't like to stay HDB one... Even if they want, it'll b 9 years later (4 construction + 5 MOP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover

If u want to check, there are many new buyers in Tropica and Aquarius are UWC parents. I know one, one kid already enrolled in UWC, another one in the waiting list for more than one years, still no news yet.

Don't underestimate UWC... super expensive international school!! the tuition fee only is $30k per year indeed...

Yup I know that UWC fees are very high.
    Got a few friends whose kids are studying there.

Then why they wanna stay in Tropica and Aquarius other than for the convenience?
    They can jolly well afford more expensive locations.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover

You all must trust East Lover. She staying in Tropica. Rite?

Sis East. You know how far to new mrt? Walk able or not. From the ground crew advice? Please advise.

The place of Worship between Parcels B and C is a killer. I guess most likely it will be a church.

The row of plots slated "future development" along Tampines Avenue 8, I think will be slated for ECs or HDB BTOs.

Probably throw in an Educational Institution as well along Tampines St 85 & 86 (opposite Parcel D) as the plot is quite big.