Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Qbay @ Tampines - By FEO, FCL and Seikisui House LH99

Quote Originally Posted by price
    No matter how much the discount, this location is just CMI
    MRT????

you should do a poll to find out how many in this forum has a house they staying in which is 5mins walk to mrt? you will find this people are staying in a cmi location.

how many % of total condo units are within 5min walk to an mrt station? if what u say, like that many condos cmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Inn0cent
    Thank you. even though like all of you said the location cmi (which I agree) but since its for own stay it doesn't matter. Really like the scenery in the condo itself and its near bedok reservoir.
    how many condos have bragging rights to say they are near a reservoir?

why do u agree it is cmi? what is the basis? curious, why you think cmi?

this is your first home purchase? it proves that the gahmen's measures are at least favours somebody. i'd be very impressed if someone declares that he is paying the 7% to the gahmen. i for one is buay song to pay 7%.

Thank you. even though like all of you said the location cmi (which I agree) but since its for own stay it doesn't matter. Really like the scenery in the condo itself and its near bedok reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    oh congratulations! you must be the first person to declare you have bought something after the measures on this forum.

they did say launch tomorrow but i guess should be opened to public by now.
    I'm coming down tonight to kaypoh look-see look-see....
    Heh heh heh...

ok, let us know how many sold!

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    I'm coming down tonight to kaypoh look-see look-see....
    Heh heh heh...

I bought one bedroom 524.

Cmi as in far away from city but to me its fine because i like the environment. And of course i like the layout as well.

Cmi as in far away from city but to me its fine because i like the environment. And of course i like the layout as well.
    oh. congrats. but i dont understand why being near to city is so important. my place is near the city but more importantly, it is near my kids school or and my workplace. i think being near to kids home or work place is more important. less commuting time.

congrats again.

It was reported that 200 units were sold at 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    MRT????

you should do a poll to find out how many in this forum has a house they staying in which is 5mins walk to mrt? you will find this people are staying in a cmi location.

how many % of total condo units are within 5min walk to an mrt station? if what u say, like that many condos cmi.
    No i didnt's mention anything about it being far from the MRT.

Location preference is different for every buyer. Some may want it to be near kids' schools, parents' home, hospitals, in this case perhaps even the bedok reservoir etc...Investors of course look at what future buyers/tenants will expect. i.e. amenities, transport, distance from workplace etc.

Congrats! !

as long as you like it - that's most important. i like the location actually. i don't agree it's a CMI location. lots of other places are in even more inaccessible locations and still there are people appreciating them for their own merits!

The discount of 7% applies to all buyers? Or only for buyers with 2nd property? Meaning buyers with 1 property get more discount than one who doesn't have any property.

and near to st hilda's primary right?
    how CMI can it be?

the discount is to offset the impact of the 7% stamp duty. first time buyers do not have additional stamp duty imposed - except PRs? so do they differentiate between discounts for PRs and Singaporeans?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    The discount of 7% applies to all buyers? Or only for buyers with 2nd property? Meaning buyers with 1 property get more discount than one who doesn't have any property.

i would think 7% disc only applicable to 2nd timer ... if that is given to first timer ... there will be eventually a 7% diff in terms of cost of purchase btn 1st/2nd timers ... I don't think FEO will allow this to happen (as the subsidy for 2nd timer is shared by 1st timer and FEO)

And for 1st timer SPR, of course disc will be 5%

So whether you are 1st timer SC, 1st timer SPR or 2nd timer SC ... all same cost of purchase when u factor in ABSD
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I mean for the discount, is it applied regardless whether you own any property or not? That means if you are first buyer, you enjoy 7% discount. If you are second buyer, you still enjoy 7% discount but you have to give this 7% back to Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    the discount is to offset the impact of the 7% stamp duty. first time buyers do not have additional stamp duty imposed - except PRs? so do they differentiate between discounts for PRs and Singaporeans?

Inn0cent seems to have said that the 7% is for everyone and 1st time buyer has a 7% advantage. correct me if i'm wrong.

now i'm totally confused. will need Inn0cent's help to clarify this again.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    i would think 7% disc only applicable to 2nd timer ... if that is given to first timer ... there will be eventually a 7% diff in terms of cost of purchase btn 1st/2nd timers ... I don't think FEO will allow this to happen (as the subsidy for 2nd timer is shared by 1st timer and FEO)

And for 1st timer SPR, of course disc will be 5%

So whether you are 1st timer SC, 1st timer SPR or 2nd timer SC ... all same cost of purchase when u factor in ABSD

Quote Originally Posted by price
    No i didnt's mention anything about it being far from the MRT.

Location preference is different for every buyer. Some may want it to be near kids' schools, parents' home, hospitals, in this case perhaps even the bedok reservoir etc...Investors of course look at what future buyers/tenants will expect. i.e. amenities, transport, distance from workplace etc.
    oh. with more land to be sold and light industry opposite it, there is a story for future potential. growth is determined by being early in the game. look at the jurong story. look at the paya lebar story. look at marina story. how many condos in this area? of course if economy take a turn, it is a different story for qbay and of course the rest of the condos in singapore.

look at tropica and see how they benefited from waterview and how waterview benefited from qbay. from investors point of view.

from home stay, who wouldnt want to be near the park or the quarry which is already becoming a mini park. those in tampines will stay in tampines as they get used to the place. of course some will move out.

if 200 units have been sold as at 3pm, i have a tendency to believe that its becoz 1st timers have a 7% advantage.

if 200 units have been sold as at 3pm, i have a tendency to believe that its becoz 1st timers have a 7% advantage.
    But this will piss off 2nd timers right?? I would think FEO will be very fair to all buyers. How about SPR 1st timer ... 5% advantage??

Like dat 1st timers all pray for CM8 liao ...

From my agent, he told me that 7 % discount if purchase 2nd prop or 3rd prop.

ok. thanks for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie
    From my agent, he told me that 7 % discount if purchase 2nd prop or 3rd prop.

Maybe someone with knowledge about this can enlighten us?

For example, the unit cost 1M.

Scenario 1
    First buyer buy 930k
    Second buyer buy 930k (but pay 70k more than first buyer as ABSD)

Scenario 2
    First buyer buy 1M
    Second buyer buy 930k but pay 70k as ABSD (about 1M as first buyer after factoring in ABSD)

How does the discount works? 1 or 2? Some kind hearted soul can share?

If I am first time buyer and under scenario 2, I will be thinking how come 2nd buyer get 7% discount and is like my fault that I don't have a property.

you need to make a visit to the showroom. you will be awed at the id if you are not a seasoned investor. your check will automatically come out of your wallet. that is the power of marketing.

but but but...isn't that what the CM was meant to achieve? hee. so that first timers have an advantage over second timers?

ok. say i own a hdb flat and i buy a unit at q bay. that makes me a 2nd timer and i get a 7% discount. when q bay is completed, i sell my hdb flat within 6 months so that i do not need to pay the 7% stamp duty. so suddenly, the biggest beneficiary is those pple who own a hdb and upgrade to a condo and not 1st time home buyers? also cannot be right?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    But this will piss off 2nd timers right?? I would think FEO will be very fair to all buyers. How about SPR 1st timer ... 5% advantage??

Like dat 1st timers all pray for CM8 liao ...

but but but...isn't that what the CM was meant to achieve? hee. so that first timers have an advantage over second timers?

ok. say i own a hdb flat and i buy a unit at q bay. that makes me a 2nd timer and i get a 7% discount. when q bay is completed, i sell my hdb flat within 6 months so that i do not need to pay the 7% stamp duty. so suddenly, the biggest beneficiary is those pple who own a hdb and upgrade to a condo and not 1st time home buyers? also cannot be right?
    hmm ... u have a point ... I forgot about ABSD refund is allowed

in that case, 1st timers chiong ah, huat ah 888x

it won't happen to me. i've been to all types of showflats over the years until i m still suffering from showflat fatigue.

you need to make a visit to the showroom. you will be awed at the id if you are not a seasoned investor. your check will automatically come out of your wallet. that is the power of marketing.

Weak...

I visited a few showflats including Far East project prior to CM7. 1st and 2nd timer SC are having 3% absd advantage. Everybody are getting the same discount.

An agent said qbay offering similar level of nett discounts to everyone under different schemes only.