Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast

Thread: Qbay @ Tampines - By FEO, FCL and Seikisui House LH99

developers will now fine tune their units more for first timers and upgraders, keep quantum low and maybe do away with those fake loft/furniture deck concepts.

ke ke ke .... Kenobi-wan blogging again, warning against the dark side

Expect almost 200,000 homes to hit the market by 2016. National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan wrote this in a blog post on Friday to assuage buyers' concerns in the wake of property cooling measures announced last week.
    The properties coming on stream in the next four years includes 80,000 private properties, 10,000 executive condominiums and 110,000 HDB flats. This is equivalent to four Ang Mo Kio towns.

Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong
    When a lot people rushing to buy, is time to sit down and rest, let them buy.
    When no one is buying, is time for you to take action, let them rest.

Just like share market.
    I quite agree with you.

However if it is for own stay and can afford, just have to buy, no matter in which type of climate. I don't believe in renting and waiting for a price correction.

For investment, if you feel comfortable, then buy.
    Cos if you have so much cash and not do anything with it, it is also like losing money.

as at 3pm, 200 sold right? maybe a lot of 2nd timers still don't know they have a 7% disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    How many unit is coming first? I think the percentage sold out will be high again..

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    so to sum it up, 1st timers and GENUINE upgraders benefit from the 7% advantage. note that upgraders cannot buy any other ppty until they sell their hdb and move into this when it TOPs. otherwise, the 7% advantage is gone.
    they applied 23% throughout regardless of how many properties you have. so to summarise
    - 1st timer 23% discount (full discount)
    - upgraders 23% discount (pay absd and get back the absd when sell current property)
    - 2nd property 23% - 7%for absd = 16% discount nett.
    - 3rd property 23% -10% for absd = 13% discount nett.

this is how i read it. i am not agent.

They just released stack 14 in the afternoon and the cheapest available unit for 1 bedder was $583k, and that was the cheapest unit of 1 bedder left in whole the development.

7% is significant. it means there are people who can sell at your buy price and still make a fat profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    they applied 23% throughout regardless of how many properties you have. so to summarise
    - 1st timer 23% discount (full discount)
    - upgraders 23% discount (pay absd and get back the absd when sell current property)
    - 2nd property 23% - 7%for absd = 16% discount nett.
    - 3rd property 23% -10% for absd = 13% discount nett.

this is how i read it. i am not agent.

and for multi property owners, the 7% that you lose is not profit by the seller who sold to you, property agent or developer but by someone (thing) else.

7% is significant. it means there are people who can sell at your buy price and still make a fat profit.
    people are immune to cm already. there is money to be made for some buyers if they can see it. you know who i am talking about. you very season player. but again, nobody taught them all this in school and many are just too busy drawing salary to figure it out.

as at 3pm, 200 sold right? maybe a lot of 2nd timers still don't know they have a 7% disadvantage?
    as of now, slightly more than 200 units. my antenna is at the showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    They just released stack 14 in the afternoon and the cheapest available unit for 1 bedder was $583k, and that was the cheapest unit of 1 bedder left in whole the development.
    So expensive?!

ah good. a 'live' report at last. so 200 is now confirmed. maybe another 100 to 200+ over the weekend.

as of now, slightly more than 200 units. my antenna is at the showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    So expensive?!
    waterview and tropica owners now laughing to the bank

This is scary. The CM is not having much effect.

how many units in all?
    so what is the nett discounted average psf?
    don;'t feel good that the second and third property buyers don;t get the same discount as upgraders and first timers

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    This is scary. The CM is not having much effect.
    there was an effect. without cm7, the numbers would be more. it would have been mind boggling. the id effect has done wonders. you really need to see it to understand the effects it will have on people. this project also has a story and a compelling one, i dare say. if you go down, they will share with you the story. as to you buying the story or not is another thing, but many are buying it. i am not saying i buy the story but i do buy a majority of it. and i did not buy. no vested interest.

there was an effect. without cm7, the numbers would be more. it would have been mind boggling. the id effect has done wonders. you really need to see it to understand the effects it will have on people. this project also has a story and a compelling one, i dare say. if you go down, they will share with you the story. as to you buying the story or not is another thing, but many are buying it. i am not saying i buy the story but i do buy a majority of it. and i did not buy. no vested interest.

What story? Those supernatural ones ah?

This is the purpose of the new adjusted absd.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I quite agree with you.

However if it is for own stay and can afford, just have to buy, no matter in which type of climate. I don't believe in renting and waiting for a price correction.

For investment, if you feel comfortable, then buy.
    Cos if you have so much cash and not do anything with it, it is also like losing money.
    For own stay, should buy resale ready unit and save on rental.

However, for our new friend innocent, 1 bedder is apparently cheaper for new launches.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    Yes.. Interest Rate is going up.. Like OCBC bonus account, effective interest rate went up to 0.87% last time only 0.6 or 0.7
    I have been monitoring FD rates for past one year. It is rather flat.

and for multi property owners, the 7% that you lose is not profit by the seller who sold to you, property agent or developer but by someone (thing) else.
    Like GST as someone had mentioned.

waterview and tropica owners now laughing to the bank
    That is for 1bedder.

I was told 3bedder is going from 950psf. 100psf more than waterview launch price only.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I tell you why people will still buy this.
    Potential rental opp.
    Foreign students studying at TP and UWC.
    Families with extra cash in Tampines.
    Foreign workers working opp the industrial plot.
    Facing a quarry that has clear water. I used to call it the blue lagoon.
    Despite sightings, bedok reservoir is still an attractive man made reservoir.
    Downtown line not too far away but you still need to walk.
    The roads along this plot however will continue to be heavily utilised. No doubts about it.
    Alemak, when waterview launch people quote same stuffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    That is for 1bedder.

I was told 3bedder is going from 950psf. 100psf more than waterview launch price only.
    This will affect waterview subsale.

F&N said nett discounted price of 985psf. should be sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    how many units in all?
    so what is the nett discounted average psf?
    don;'t feel good that the second and third property buyers don;t get the same discount as upgraders and first timers

Wonder if there will be buyer remorse for the buyers after they read KBW's blog post today.

property is like drugs now ...

SINGAPORE : More than 210 units were sold at Q Bay Residences at Tampines during its preview on Friday.

The development is the first private residential project to be launched since the latest round of property cooling measures kicked in last weekend.

The most popular units were the "one- to two- bedroom suites", followed by the three- and four- bedroom "Verandah Homes" for large families and the TRIO units.

In a statement, Cheang Kok Kheong, chief executive officer of Frasers Centrepoint Homes, said: "They were mainly first-time buyers intending to use the property for their own stay. We are encouraged by the response, and expect more purchases by families tomorrow, at our official launch."

The 630-unit project is a joint venture by Frasers Centrepoint, Far East Organization and Sekisui House.

Q Bay Residences was launched at an average selling price of S$985 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr), from an originally planned price of $1,050 psf ppr. This was after a 15 per cent discount and a 7 per cent stamp duty discount.

The additional buyer's stamp duty (ABSD) is imposed on Singaporeans purchasing their second and subsequent home, as well as permanent residents who purchase a home in Singapore.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

The address is quite nice

1 Tampines

street 86.

Ok ok, don't flame me just for fun no offence

But really the room size is good and the layout is practical. A good point in my opinion.

we have so many first time home buyers? why don't they buy tampines EC? unless these first time home buyers have so deep pockets that they cannot qualify for EC?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    we have so many first time home buyers? why don't they buy tampines EC? unless these first time home buyers have so deep pockets that they cannot qualify for EC?
    But at least the number sold is really down.. The price went down too.. Only sold out 1/3 of the units..