Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Wat is GESS school?
    German European singapore school, new campus.
    it's more or less confirmed. latest news SLA has wrote to GESS regarding terms of land offer to the school.

http://www.gess.sg/uploaded/images/N...se_Land_EN.pdf

http://www.gess.sg/page.cfm?p=991&newsid=1291&ncat=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9SMzLMhaUs

Hillview is not really a good place. Too many old condos.

No, it is a great place to live. The older condos are freehold and we have an underground MRT by next year.

Between staying in a old condo area vs staying with old parents and old parents in law, I'll go with the former.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    No, it is a great place to live. The older condos are freehold and we have an underground MRT by next year.
    I do not agree; precisely there are just too many freehold condos. This even make Hillview peak a poor proposition. Additionally the site is extremely narrow and inaccessible. I wonder how the peak hours will choke that place.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I am more concerned about the high radiation/magnetic interference at HillView............
    There are huge towers that may be cause of radiation/magnetic interference on top of Bukit Batok hill and Bukit Timah hill...................

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    I do not agree; precisely there are just too many freehold condos. This even make Hillview peak a poor proposition. Additionally the site is extremely narrow and inaccessible. I wonder how the peak hours will choke that place.

I do not agree; precisely your view is biased, freehold is freehold , and the newer properties are no longer freehold, which means freehold properties will be scarcer in future. The price is what it is for a piece of property here, whether you think it is a good or bad proposition is immaterial as there are people buying and moving here. Additionally the road is hardly inaccessible and the width of the roads are as per standard URA/LTA specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I am more concerned about the high radiation/magnetic interference at HillView............
    There are huge towers that may be cause of radiation/magnetic interference on top of Bukit Batok hill and Bukit Timah hill...................
    And you think there is no "radiation" anywhere else in Singapore? come on. The radio wave emissions from the towers have been monitored and are within safety limits.

I do not agree; precisely your view is biased, freehold is freehold , and the newer properties are no longer freehold, which means freehold properties will be scarcer in future. The price is what it is for a piece of property here, whether you think it is a good or bad proposition is immaterial as there are people buying and moving here. Additionally the road is hardly inaccessible and the width of the roads are as per standard URA/LTA specifications.
    You speak like PAP. You like narrow road and traffic congestion? Good grief!

Guess as much as you like to make your parents sell their hdb and your parents in law sell their hdb so that they all can fund you buy a property. Good grief!

Actually stay where in SG also the same (in terms of safety). Pulau Bukom to the South, Tuas industries to West, Radiation at Bt Timah (due to high points), ships to the East, car jams in the central

You choose anywhere else on the island to live, spend long hours trapped in peak hour traffic, more chance to get accident and more stressed life which causes you to age faster.

Go JB? Another set of problems...
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

You speak like you refuse to understand the tenets of township planning. The roads were designed to fit the population density. Congestion happens when all the vehicles go on the roads at the same time, hence the term "peak hours". Good grief.

You speak like you refuse to understand the tenets of township planning. The roads were designed to fit the population density. Congestion happens when all the vehicles go on the roads at the same time, hence the term "peak hours". Good grief.
    Obviously YT is so afraid of radiation, he has not been to the area, to realize that there are two overpass between Hillview-dairy farm and Bt Panjang junction 10 along with road widening on top of the DTL completion by year end, that will alleviate, though not necessary remove congestion, just like any where else in spore, peak hour traffic are similar.....
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dare2 View Post
    Obviously YT is so afraid of radiation, he has not been to the area, to realize that there are two overpass between Hillview-dairy farm and Bt Panjang junction 10 along with road widening on top of the DTL completion by year end, that will alleviate, though not necessary remove congestion, just like any where else in spore, peak hour traffic are similar.....
    exactly, but there will always be people like that in a forum .

Hillview is seriously congested. Road along Hillview avenue is bottleneck. With the community club, hillV2 and the silly Hillview peak it only will add woes to the traffic condition there. Additionally when there are so many freehold and 999LH private properties in that area, Hillview peak and hillv2 certainly looks over rated and expensive. People who buy the peak are struggling pigs at this economic climate now.

Quote Originally Posted by dare2 View Post
    Radiation at Hillview will not kill you immediately, it just cause your cell to vibrate faster and cook you slowly when you are expose long enough.

Just like putting youself in the microwave oven.

There was an incident when the motor malfunction and the antenna point to a technician servicing and he feel his back heated up.

Enjoy free radiation, don't worry about dying immediately we are all expose to radiation, 3G , 4G, wifi, Bluetooth, FM, AM, VHF, UHF,........

It is the amount and duration that you need to worry.

No worries. Light is also a form of radiation.

Oh my, did YT just call all buyers of HVP "struggling pigs"??! I just thought he disliked the developer of HVP based on nationality and now this insult came from him just because the HVP buyers bought a property that he didn't agree? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by l1127 View Post
    No worries. Light is also a form of radiation.
    You are right, excessive light cause cancer.

Can consider building a Faraday cage.

This room should do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    Oh my, did YT just call all buyers of HVP "struggling pigs"??! I just thought he disliked the developer of HVP based on nationality and now this insult came from him just because the HVP buyers bought a property that he didn't agree? Hmm...
    i believe yes, those were his words . struggling pigs. he thinks it's funny as pigs rhymes with peak.
    Last edited by tonymontana; 17-08-15 at 23:26.

YT says: Hillview is seriously congested. Road along Hillview avenue is bottleneck. With the community club, hillV2 and the silly Hillview peak it only will add woes to the traffic condition there. Additionally when there are so many freehold and 999LH private properties in that area, Hillview peak and hillv2 certainly looks over rated and expensive. People who buy the peak are struggling pigs at this economic climate now.[/QUOTE]

The pinnacle at duxton has 1848 apartments on a development area of 6.2 acres.

The four condos on the side between the roundabout and the mindef side gate will have a total of about 1600 condo units over a combined 17 acres. And I am excluding the green areas behind hillier

Therefore it would seem Hillview (near HVP anyway) is not congested at all. Certainly I am not suggesting that it is the most prestigious location in Singapore, but it is a nice, green area to call home for those who like nature.

YT says: Hillview is seriously congested. Road along Hillview avenue is bottleneck. With the community club, hillV2 and the silly Hillview peak it only will add woes to the traffic condition there. Additionally when there are so many freehold and 999LH private properties in that area, Hillview peak and hillv2 certainly looks over rated and expensive. People who buy the peak are struggling pigs at this economic climate now.
    The pinnacle at duxton has 1848 apartments on a development area of 6.2 acres.

The four condos on the side between the roundabout and the mindef side gate will have a total of about 1600 condo units over a combined 17 acres. And I am excluding the green areas behind hillier

Therefore it would seem Hillview (near HVP anyway) is not congested at all. Certainly I am not suggesting that it is the most prestigious location in Singapore, but it is a nice, green area to call home for those who like nature.
    There are many roads entering Hillview estate from Upper Bukit Timah Road and Bukit Batok Estate, traffic condition is relatively well distributed and healthy. On top of the existing roads, there will be a road under construction now who directly link from the end of Hillview Link (where Hillview Peak will be) to Upper Bukit Timah Road and this road will also be linked directly to upcoming Hillview MRT.

tonymontana is right. Hillview estate is not congested at all. Can be assured of. Yes it might not be the most prestigious location in Singapore, but it will be a private enclave cluster for Nature lovers especially at Hillview Peak which is located at the end (Corner and not affect by any traffic movement) of Hillview.

Check out the Overview Location Map here : Hillview Peak

It take me 45 minute drive at 110 mph to travel to my workplace in US. Singapore so........ big.

To show how big is Singapore, it take 20 min from west to east with no traffic.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 21-08-15 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by newlaunchproperty View Post
    There are many roads entering Hillview estate from Upper Bukit Timah Road and Bukit Batok Estate, traffic condition is relatively well distributed and healthy. On top of the existing roads, there will be a road under construction now who directly link from the end of Hillview Link (where Hillview Peak will be) to Upper Bukit Timah Road and this road will also be linked directly to upcoming Hillview MRT.

tonymontana is right. Hillview estate is not congested at all. Can be assured of. Yes it might not be the most prestigious location in Singapore, but it will be a private enclave cluster for Nature lovers especially at Hillview Peak which is located at the end (Corner and not affect by any traffic movement) of Hillview.

Check out the Overview Location Map here : Hillview Peak
    Hillview Peak is on a new road called Hillview Rise.
    The road linking to UBT is not yet being planned, although it shows up on the maps as being U/C. We were updated by our MP recently regarding the upcoming developments here. Frankly speaking, I am against that road you mentioned because there is a nice green buffer there now, with a row of old beautiful trees on it. To walk to the MRT from hillview peak, one can actually take an existing footpath which is just beside the canal next to Mindef grounds, that will take you to UBT. The distance to the MRT station is about 300m.

Of course I'm right! Hillview is one of the less congested estates on this island.

Don't agree? Say hello to my leetle friend!
    Last edited by tonymontana; 23-08-15 at 16:10.

Came across some updates regarding this development offering at a 22% discount for selected star buys. Here we conduct a quick research to see if this is really the case:
    http://propertycarrots.com/community...at-22-discount
    =======================================
    www.PropertyCarrots.com
    ☆☆Property Discovery Made Easy!☆☆
    Share your findings, discover new trends, real time transaction
    data, all in one social network for singapore property investors!
    Like Us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/propertycarrots

Quote Originally Posted by propertycarrots View Post
    Came across some updates regarding this development offering at a 22% discount for selected star buys. Here we conduct a quick research to see if this is really the case:
    http://propertycarrots.com/community...at-22-discount
    Stop advertising this project. It is worthless. If people die die insist to get a condo there. Just cross the street and simply get a glendale or hillview park condo. They are all FH, and cheaper.

Default New road linking UBT

Hillview Peak is on a new road called Hillview Rise.
    The road linking to UBT is not yet being planned, although it shows up on the maps as being U/C. We were updated by our MP recently regarding the upcoming developments here. Frankly speaking, I am against that road you mentioned because there is a nice green buffer there now, with a row of old beautiful trees on it. To walk to the MRT from hillview peak, one can actually take an existing footpath which is just beside the canal next to Mindef grounds, that will take you to UBT. The distance to the MRT station is about 300m.
    What's the latest update by the MP on the upcoming road linking UBT? Has it been decided to be built / when?

Where's the existing foot path to UBT from Hillview Link? So you can currently walk out from HillV2 to Dairy Farm Road without having to go via Hillview Road?

Thanks for sharing your insights!

I personally think Hillview has oversupply of apartments. Nothing fancy.