Thread: Stamping of Tenancy Agreement

Exclamation Stamping of Tenancy Agreement

Need advice! I recently asked for an extension (of 2 months) of my tenancy agreement with my landlord and my landlord has given me an addendum agreement (which references the original tenancy agreement). He indicated to me that I should get it stamped by the lawyers.

Can anyone advise how I can go about getting it stamped and the fees involved? We are doing this without an agent. Thank you!

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

can go down iras and do that e-stamping.... don't konw if can do it online now... think around S$70 depending on number of pages....

btw: fish eat worm !!....

here: https://estamping.iras.gov.sg/WebForms/Home.aspx

i always have this link with me, just access as Non-Registered User
    coompute stamp duty, estamp & pay online

QED

Quote Originally Posted by babyworm
    Need advice! I recently asked for an extension (of 2 months) of my tenancy agreement with my landlord and my landlord has given me an addendum agreement (which references the original tenancy agreement). He indicated to me that I should get it stamped by the lawyers.

Can anyone advise how I can go about getting it stamped and the fees involved? We are doing this without an agent. Thank you!
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Thanks for pointing me to IRAS, ikan bilis, so early wanna makan me...

I searched the IRAS site and found the following info, so share with everyone here:

- stamping can be done online (e-stamping), at 4 SingPost outlets or at IRAS itself and fees vary.
    - e-stamping is simple and FOC, on the iras website, simply select e-stamping, then select the type of stamping and fill in an online form. In my case I selected the form for a new Tenancy Agreement (renewals or extensions are considered as new applications).
    - Enter details of the property, period of lease, lease amount, landlord name and NRIC, tenant details and then it calculates the stamp duty payable.
    - Finally you can make payment thru eNets and when payment is successful, the Stamp Duty Certificate (in pdf) can be printed or saved.

Even if your lease is 1 month, you will have to pay the stamp duties for 1 year (min period) and if agreement does not state, tenant has to bear the stamp duty.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

oh... yah... paiseh... sorry, now i remember my hdb tenant told me they e-stamp it at singpost... is convenient...

huh tenancy one month also need to pay one year rate? bo hua leh ... or will it be lesser still as calculation is off the total rent in this case only 2 months? blur

I got this agent taking her own sweet time to do stamping ..
    Keep in telling me tenant have not give her stamping fee.. Can I terminate contract for tenancy ? Or is it a must to stamp leh ? Hmmm:-)

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    I got this agent taking her own sweet time to do stamping ..
    Keep in telling me tenant have not give her stamping fee.. Can I terminate contract for tenancy ? Or is it a must to stamp leh ? Hmmm:-)
    You should hurry your agent. From IRAS:

When should I pay Stamp Duty?

Once the document is signed and dated, Stamp Duty needs to be paid :
    1. Within 14 days after the date of the document if the document is signed in Singapore or
    2. Within 30 days after the date of its receipt in Singapore if the document is signed overseas
    You can pay Stamp Duty easily using our e-Stamping system. To stamp your document online, click here.