Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D 8/9/10/11....4k rental properties are HOT!!

Default D 8/9/10/11....4k rental properties are HOT!!

The past few weeks has been a fun time for me as i had the privelage of visting a number of d9/10/11 properties to help my sis whose husband has got a job posting to work here for 2 years....unfortunately their budget for rental is about $4k...we had a UNIT confirmed at sophia lodge but got played out last minute due to another higher offer...

Along the way also missed out a few good deals at yong ann park/langston ville...other people who viewed just SNAPPED up the rentals...before we could decide....

Anyway today just signed the LOI for a unit at balmoral area...VERY VERY nice and within budget...

But heck i was amazed at how hot these BUDGET $4k plus d 8/9/10/11 rental properties are....

4k for what size unit at d9/10/11?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    4k for what size unit at d9/10/11?
    1000 sq ft...2 bedder...some 2 plus study...generally all asking about $4.5k...but those bar girl apts can get $4k......i saw a few...bar girls...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    1000 sq ft...2 bedder...some 2 plus study...generally all asking about $4.5k...but those bar girl apts can get $4k......i saw a few...bar girls...
    wow, no wonder u said u had a fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    wow, no wonder u said u had a fun time
    no la but it was in interesting observation...

Is it your perception that it is hot based on 1 or 2 proposed offers that did not go thru?

9/10/11 covers a very big area, which condos if you do not mind sharing are so hot?

4k for 2 roomers probably the older condos, the new ones on the correct side of 9/10/11 for 1000 sqfeet would be around 5k, while 4k would be closer to MM size

Wouldn't tt be a better deal?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Wouldn't tt be a better deal?
    considering my brother in law staying there he married with 2 kids..i dont think so...but i wouldnt mind visiting him if he did...

D8 belongs to this category as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Is it your perception that it is hot based on 1 or 2 proposed offers that did not go thru?

9/10/11 covers a very big area, which condos if you do not mind sharing are so hot?

4k for 2 roomers probably the older condos, the new ones on the correct side of 9/10/11 for 1000 sqfeet would be around 5k, while 4k would be closer to MM size
    4k is a CRAPPY budget but if ur NOT too fussy NOT too choosy there are plenty out there...but our experience was that what we liked for $4 to 4.2K a lot of others also liked...so GONE

yong ann park 2units...2 bedder about $4k SNAPPED up by next person who viewed after us....langston ville 3 bedder 1100sqft...$4.5k GONE with the wind oops i mean tenant...sophia lodge...GONE....BUT BUT BUT i must add to be fair these units are NICELY done up very liveable there are still heaps out there that we viewed with stale smell of cigarette smoke in the air....some walk ups at cairnhill still availible...those facing CTE BIG NO NO.....

Bottomline my take is that if you got a DECENT facing nicely done up unit about 1000sqft...not too noisy...not too arrogant an owner...it is EASY to rent out...to be honest...we viewed 20 units....15 were so so...5 were really nice ..anyway we finally found 1 after 1month of SEARCHING...poor agent...today he is a happy man..his job done and so is MINE

Quote Originally Posted by dunatos
    D8 belongs to this category as well?
    d8 i think is mount sophia side.. a FEw nice OLD apts there...

but HONESTLY i must add that the first thing my bro said is that he dont want to stay in those small MM...apts..dont blame him...his house in australia about 5k sq ft....

4k is a CRAPPY budget but if ur NOT too fussy NOT too choosy there are plenty out there...but our experience was that what we liked for $4 to 4.2K a lot of others also liked...so GONE

yong ann park 2units...2 bedder about $4k SNAPPED up by next person who viewed after us....langston ville 3 bedder 1100sqft...$4.5k GONE with the wind oops i mean tenant...sophia lodge...GONE....BUT BUT BUT i must add to be fair these units are NICELY done up very liveable there are still heaps out there that we viewed with stale smell of cigarette smoke in the air....some walk ups at cairnhill still availible...those facing CTE BIG NO NO.....

Bottomline my take is that if you got a DECENT facing nicely done up unit about 1000sqft...not too noisy...not too arrogant an owner...it is EASY to rent out...to be honest...we viewed 20 units....15 were so so...5 were really nice ..anyway we finally found 1 after 1month of SEARCHING...poor agent...today he is a happy man..his job done and so is MINE
    Yong An Park 2 bedder 4k if nicely done up may be value for money
    Sophia Lodge, very small site and not much to offer other than newer and convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Yong An Park 2 bedder 4k if nicely done up may be value for money
    Sophia Lodge, very small site and not much to offer other than newer and convenient.
    this the one but gone...it is really big....like 4rm flat...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...t-sophia-lodge

yong ann is a BEAUTIFUL OLD condo i would like to own personally and the 2 bedder is like THE smallest there i think...look at this...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...t-yong-an-park

yong ann is a BEAUTIFUL OLD condo i would like to own personally and the 2 bedder is like THE smallest there i think...look at this...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...t-yong-an-park
    Yes, Yong Ann old and graceful, difficult to enbloc bec the older folks who have been there for years unlikely to agree.

This one says pool view... other people's pool?

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    This one says pool view... other people's pool?
    frankly this tub condo the pool is like oversized bath tub...cmi...

Thank you for the field report.

Young An Park 1023 sqf

(URA record) Last transacted at $1.75 mil on Dec 2011
    (Propertyguru) On sales at $2.3 mil currently

Based on 80LTV, 30-years tenure at around 1.08% interest rate.

Monthly installment is about $5900
    Current rental rate is about $4200
    Net -$1700

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Thank you for the field report.

Young An Park 1023 sqf

(URA record) Last transacted at $1.75 mil on Dec 2011
    (Propertyguru) On sales at $2.3 mil currently

Based on 80LTV, 30-years tenure at around 1.08% interest rate.

Monthly installment is about $5900
    Current rental rate is about $4200
    Net -$1700
    it is NOT worth to buy for investment cos yield SUCKZ...but if you bought many years ago i guess u got a gem....anyway $4k rental for a place like that is great considering location and living enviroment

hi radha

how is ur poor bro going to squeeze into the 1000sqft with 2 kids ?

why must be 9,10,11 ? is it school factor ?

Now you know why the two bedders are good investment unit for rental besides capital appreciation. Good location and view can snap up very quickly at more than 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Now you know why the two bedders are good investment unit for rental besides capital appreciation. Good location and view can snap up very quickly at more than 5k.
    See the calculation above, negative yield if want to buy now

Conclusion? NOT HOT. At $4k budget for 1000sqft and still got so many choices and can find so fast at D9 D10 and D11, means rental market very cold and landlord desperate.

$4k is a crappy budget??

Do not mean this development and now. But still can lookout for this range for fire sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    See the calculation above, negative yield if want to buy now

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    hi radha

how is ur poor bro going to squeeze into the 1000sqft with 2 kids ?

why must be 9,10,11 ? is it school factor ?
    he is based here alone thats why budget for rental based on single expat...his family will come once in a while during holidays.......when he is overseas i will use the swimming pool.......and check out some babes....ouch....my wife just hit me...

Do not mean this development and now. But still can lookout for this range for fire sale.
    what range of sales is fire sale? 1mil for 2 bedder (only rent at 4500..), 700K for 1 bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    $4k is a crappy budget??
    yup i know he working for german mnc...everything kena squeeze...he adked for $5k...then the big big boss...squeeze to $4k.......such is life for expat in spore

1 million 2 bedder for $4500 monthly rental is not so bad with a yield of about 5.5% and can service loan with some take home pocket money. Not forgetting the capital appreciation.
    Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    what range of sales is fire sale? 1mil for 2 bedder (only rent at 4500..), 700K for 1 bedder?

Is it semen? 2nd largest bank, commerzbank, already starting retrenchment exercise.
    yup i know he working for german mnc...everything kena squeeze...he adked for $5k...then the big big boss...squeeze to $4k.......such is life for expat in spore

1 million 2 bedder for $4500 monthly rental is not so bad with a yield of about 5.5% and can service loan with some take home pocket money. Not forgetting the capital appreciation.
    but the problem is that, now is CCR, the avg asking price of 2 bedder is around 1.5-1.8mil, 1 bedder around 1.2 mil, only 350 ~ 450 sqft MM around 900K.

where got pocket money one?