Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914192429 ... LastLast

Thread: How long to rent out after collect key for OCR 2 bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I remembered during the Lehman crisis, it took me six months to rent out an unit in D15.

For my properties, I provide lightings and curtains only. For all other items, I will see what the tenants want and their budget. My last unit, brand new one, I don't even need to provide white goods.

I always get the cheap ones for them. I use bed.sg, value for money.
    Hows the weather down under....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Hows the weather down under....
    very good, sunny and with cool air.

I joined three rounds of local tour, they took us around all the rich man areas, big houses, ultra impressive view of ocean, rivers. And the price is around A$1m-A$5m. The most expensive one just transacted at A$65m.

The prices in Sydney is also getting very high according to the locals, as many asians are buying, so not just happening in Sg.

very good, sunny and with cool air.

I joined three rounds of local tour, they took us around all the rich man areas, big houses, ultra impressive view of ocean, rivers. And the price is around A$1m-A$5m. The most expensive one just transacted at A$65m.

The prices in Sydney is also getting very high according to the locals, as many asians are buying, so not just happening in Sg.
    Absolutely whereever there is money to be made
    Asians will be there....its the same situation in Melbourne..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Absolutely whereever there is money to be made
    Asians will be there....its the same situation in Melbourne..
    we will spend some time in Melbourne looking at their properties

Sis, u have hdb, tropica, wv and this one. U gonna catch up with me very soon... Now I panic, better buy a few more units.... Hahahaha, joking lah....

I happy for u... U will start collecting money soon and we can meet in Starbucks for latte FOC.

Sis, slowly.... Have u done exclusive w agent? Did u see your ad in propertyguru and news paper? U so lucky, so many people give so many advice to u.

Slowly, don't panic.... It's not as though u need the money. The mortgage installment u pay, the bulk goes to repayment of house. A small amount goes to servicing interest. What u lost is just opportunity cost. That's all.

Open up a separate bank acc to collect the rental, u see the mney grow, damn shiok.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Believe or not? Yesterday we went to see some 1+1 MM, my husband wanted to commit but I stopped him, because I have no confidence of my new 2 bedder Don't want new unit again. Next time I find resale with tenant, no need to compete with 100-200 units to rent together

In fact, was thinking of waterfront key 2 bedder recently, now like this, better see how fast to rent out my own one first.

Happy problem?

Bro, u, me, Radha like open book hoh.... Scary lah

But thanks a lot for so many useful advice!

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Sis, u have hdb, tropica, wv and this one. U gonna catch up with me very soon... Now I panic, better buy a few more units.... Hahahaha, joking lah....

I happy for u... U will start collecting money soon and we can meet in Starbucks for latte FOC.

Sis, slowly.... Have u done exclusive w agent? Did u see your ad in propertyguru and news paper? U so lucky, so many people give so many advice to u.

Slowly, don't panic.... It's not as though u need the money. The mortgage installment u pay, the bulk goes to repayment of house. A small amount goes to servicing interest. What u lost is just opportunity cost. That's all.

Open up a separate bank acc to collect the rental, u see the mney grow, damn shiok.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    welcome to the reality, rental cover your loan and expenses ok liao lah ...

not just DBR is on the market, WFK, WFW, Optima, 8@W, Caspian, Livia, Mi Casa ...

very soon NV Residences, WFG, Waterview, Waterbank ...
    Walow! So many supply, so little tenants

I believe most of the forumers here are landlords, or wanted to be landlords, with so many units coming out market, and so many policies implemented which impact the 'supply' of FT, are we so sure property market not drop?

Or...... We are playing the game to see who will blink eyes first?

omg.. auntie east_lover can retire already
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Walow! So many supply, so little tenants

I believe most of the forumers here are landlord, or wanted to be landlords, with so many units coming out, and so many policies which impact the 'supply' of FT, are we so sure property market not drop?

Or...... We are playing the game to see who will blink eyes first?

wait for both usa & euro to crash..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    omg.. auntie east_lover can retire already
    Hey, don't call me auntie leh
    Me still young! A least have a young heart! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    wait for both usa & euro to crash..
    Bro, us how to crash. They kana worst recession after 1929. They 'printing' money like no tomorrow. The borrowers will always allow interest only payment cause if they push us to 'bankrupcy, they will not get a cent.
    As for Europe, I still figuring out the eu purchase of sovereign bonds and the impact on Greece next huge payment. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

The next recession will be Asia. When? I don't know. Everyone takes a turn. When all down, then depression. Hahahaha

Cheers

Hey, don't call me auntie leh
    Me still young! A least have a young heart! Hahaha
    hahahahahah ... ....sister east_lover!

Bro, u, me, Radha like open book hoh.... Scary lah

But thanks a lot for so many useful advice!
    Sis, any time. I think u can retire early like me.... I also can decipher a lot about things. My speciality is human behavior. That's what gives me an edge against many people.
    As for rental, if u didn't sign exclusive, try to get another agent involved to make agent work harder. I don't think u use the agent to do a lot of things.
    Defects, curtains, etc....
    U need to get agent specialize w company lease for max budget. For me, I just want agent to give me easy life and money not so important.

Cheers

Sis, any time. I think u can retire early like me.... I also can decipher a lot about things. My speciality is human behavior. That's what gives me an edge against many people.
    As for rental, if u didn't sign exclusive, try to get another agent involved to make agent work harder. I don't think u use the agent to do a lot of things.
    Defects, curtains, etc....
    U need to get agent specialize w company lease for max budget. For me, I just want agent to give me easy life and money not so important.

Cheers
    I think sis here enjoys the process of doing up her new home, buying stuffs here and there, and not purely into maximizing her rental profits. Good reasons (or excuses) to go shoppings for new furnitures, curtains etc. I also enjoy doing this sometimes but if the vacancy period becomes too long or more than 1 unit empty at the same time, then can get v tiring, and u just wanna close the deals asap.

Cheers
    it is very difficult to get company lease alr.....

Sis, u serious your agent ask u to do up the unit? Buy bed, etc?

Or just curtain, whites and lights.

So far, for mind, standard, - lights first.

Curtains and whites go later. Curtains, give tenant a choice to choose from sample my agent will show to them.
    Nice threat ..since i am newbie. Thanks for sharing... Hmm very different..in jakarta we must do fullyfurnished to rent out our condo. Wallpaper,lcd,washing machine,plate,bed sheet,pic, flower bla bla.. We decorate our condo like showflat ... My first condo in spore is 2br ocr.. TOP about 1 year later. Are you serious only paint white,curtain, and fitting can rent out?

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I think sis here enjoys the process of doing up her new home, buying stuffs here and there, and not purely into maximizing her rental profits. Good reasons (or excuses) to go shoppings for new furnitures, curtains etc. I also enjoy doing this sometimes but if the vacancy period becomes too long or more than 1 unit empty at the same time, then can get v tiring, and u just wanna close the deals asap.
    my bro zeam knows how woman thinking yes, i have to say, shopping is realy fun hahaha.... ok, i'm not a smart landlord like bro chestnut

Quote Originally Posted by heroes
    Nice threat ..since i am newbie. Thanks for sharing... Hmm very different..in jakarta we must do fullyfurnished to rent out our condo. Wallpaper,lcd,washing machine,plate,bed sheet,pic, flower bla bla.. We decorate our condo like showflat ... My first condo in spore is 2br ocr.. TOP about 1 year later. Are you serious only paint white,curtain, and fitting can rent out?
    how come got such rule in jakarta?

it is your house...you can do whatever you like.. ,right?

my bro zeam knows how woman thinking yes, i have to say, shopping is realy fun hahaha.... ok, i'm not a smart landlord like bro chestnut
    haha, there are lot of guru here....
    touch up all the defects first....

it is very difficult to get company lease alr.....
    My latest unit rented out to PR. The person has a unit in Orchard and rented my Pasir Panjang because wanted to be near work place at Vivo. Dont ask me why???? Anyway, no diplomatic clause as PR. So nab, nab, 2 year lease guaranteed with 1 year extension at prevailing market rate.

Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by heroes
    Jakarta rental super solid leh... 10% per annum. Of course borrowing and deposit yield also solid... I wanted to go in and put my friend's name in proxy. Very trustworthy friend. Indonesian's are very trust worthy people. My personal experience, that is.

Nut bro.. Good idea!

Nowadays the Ang Mohs v chao kuan. Say I ask for 5.5k rental partial furnish la, but the ang moh given 6.5k budget by his company. Then he will offer me 6.5k but want a long list of items that add up close to 15k. Although after working out the maths it still seem to be worth it for me, but that's provided he stays the entire 2yrs and don't suay suay kena retrenched and ex diplomatic clause after 1yr la, plus he must take care of the furnitures and next tenants must like them.

Then got this angmoh lagi best. Say he can give me 6k rental but I need to give him 6k cash furniture voucher every yr... Kns to the max
    wow unheard of... which area is ur unit ?

Sis, I not smart. I am lazy.... My agent does all the work. I dont ask for super rental.... Because my units all make money.... Hahahaha. Also because I not selling wat....

My agent just tell me what needs to be done and gets it done for me. He very happy with me, I also very happy with him....

But I hate to shop, so leave everything to him. And he gets damn good rates for the shopping list. For white, please go for extended warranty OK.... This one important leh.... Remember hor.

For white, please go for extended warranty OK.... This one important leh.... Remember hor.

for all the items I bot, I went for extended warranty, guess what, so far, none repair other than the DVD players, and they cannot do it...take weeks, so have to get new ones.

Anyway, as the prices of white are getting so cheap now, it may not be wise to go for extended...as the turnaround time could be rather long

My latest unit rented out to PR. The person has a unit in Orchard and rented my Pasir Panjang because wanted to be near work place at Vivo. Dont ask me why???? Anyway, no diplomatic clause as PR. So nab, nab, 2 year lease guaranteed with 1 year extension at prevailing market rate.

Hahahaha
    i think he rented out his orchard unit for higher rent and rent from u in pasir panjang...nett basis he might stilll have surplus cash on top of being closer to his work place...

for all the items I bot, I went for extended warranty, guess what, so far, none repair other than the DVD players, and they cannot do it...take weeks, so have to get new ones.

Anyway, as the prices of white are getting so cheap now, it may not be wise to go for extended...as the turnaround time could be rather long
    U lucky. My white spoil exactly after 2 yr. Cannot write off tax, so buy new 1. Then decided to get extended warranty.... Very most, shift your home white to rental place and wait for "replacement" white to come to your new place. Voila, you got yourself a new white.... Hahahaha

U lucky. My white spoil exactly after 2 yr. Cannot write off tax, so buy new 1. Then decided to get extended warranty.... Very most, shift your home white to rental place and wait for "replacement" white to come to your new place. Voila, you got yourself a new white.... Hahahaha

I usually buy my whites from Harvey Norman cos there is this uncle quite nice la, always give me good prices without me asking. Extended warranty also can give discount one. But i believe prices almost same for all the big name stores, just that they take turn to have 'star buys' for diff brands/models at diff time of the yr. So look out for the star buys.

I will buy extended warranty only for fridge and washer, cos these bulky items they will send ppl to your house to repair on the spot. Smaller items i dont bother cos like what Laguna said, they are likely to bring back your faulty sets and will only get back to u weeks later. Then yr tenant will kpkb.

What's the budget for curtain? Will tenant over choose some expensive one??
    YOu choose the curtain and get some neutral earthly tones which majority will not find objectionable. You cannot be changing curtains every time there is a new tenant. Jimmy Textiles at Tanjong Katong Complex is reasonably priced for curtains.

My ranking(personal) - ang moh, Asian then Singaporean.

I have 2 rented out to Singaporean. Very poor thing, 1 of them. Sold and waiting for price to drop (5yr). Again did national service. Rented out at discount of 10%. They moving out in June next year.
    you are very nice. i also rented to sgprean. sold and waiting to buy too (sold in 2009). owe me 2-3 months rental. ask them to F-off with 1 month notice.
    later they fully paid me the outstanding rental. heng.

Nut bro.. Good idea!

Nowadays the Ang Mohs v chao kuan. Say I ask for 5.5k rental partial furnish la, but the ang moh given 6.5k budget by his company. Then he will offer me 6.5k but want a long list of items that add up close to 15k. Although after working out the maths it still seem to be worth it for me, but that's provided he stays the entire 2yrs and don't suay suay kena retrenched and ex diplomatic clause after 1yr la, plus he must take care of the furnitures and next tenants must like them.

Then got this angmoh lagi best. Say he can give me 6k rental but I need to give him 6k cash furniture voucher every yr... Kns to the max
    you should amortise your extra cost over 1 year, within the diplomatic clause period