Page 1 of 31 12345611162126 ... LastLast

Thread: How long to rent out after collect key for OCR 2 bedder?

Default How long to rent out after collect key for OCR 2 bedder?

I collected my key on last Tuesday, so far there is no call/viewing, even this Saturday & Sunday.

Is market cooling now? Or nov,dec not right season? Or my condo too new so too much choice??

Usually how long will it take to run out? Mine next to MRT, mall and business park, 2 bedder, quiet facing, but there are 400-500 for rent in propertyguru and 150 for 2 bedder

Don't see why there are no takers if its next to mall and MRT unless you are asking must higher than the others

Or could be this is a long weekend and a lots of people are out of the country?

Good luck~@!!

Double bay residences?

Are u doing it yourself or through agents? Agents usually have a pool of shared tenabts database.

It tooks me 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    Don't see why there are no takers if its next to mall and MRT unless you are asking must higher than the others

Or could be this is a long weekend and a lots of people are out of the country?

Good luck~@!!
    Oh yah, hope its due to the long weekend

No, no, I'm just asking whatever my agent suggested , namely the market rate....

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Are u doing it yourself or through agents? Agents usually have a pool of shared tenabts database.
    Im doing by agent

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    It tooks me 2 months
    Wow, so long?
    I'm shopping for lighting now. My hubby said cant be too cheapo, so end up, easily few thousands to be invested in lighting, decking, curtain, not buy fridge n washer yet as agent said tenant may have...if not, another thousands??

Next month is December, more ppl go out for holiday leh

I'm not relaying my rental to pay my installment, but I don't like this kind of feeling ....

then maybe i suggest u stay in for a while to enjoy first since u dont need the money for the installment and then slowly look for tenant. u now staying in landed, pc or hdb?

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Wow, so long?
    I'm shopping for lighting now. My hubby said cant be too cheapo, so end up, easily few thousands to be invested in lighting, decking, curtain, not buy fridge n washer yet as agent said tenant may have...if not, another thousands??

Next month is December, more ppl go out for holiday leh

I'm not relaying my rental to pay my installment, but I don't like this kind of feeling ....

Too much supply? U asking 5k for 2 bedders?

i think now for OCR maybe HDB easier to rent out...if u stay in HDB then maybe you can consider that...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Too much supply? U asking 5k for 2 bedders?
    Where got...market price only. Maybe it's due to long weekend

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    i think now for OCR maybe HDB easier to rent out...if u stay in HDB then maybe you can consider that...
    I agreed! I rented out my 5 rm hdb by myself within only one day! Ai yoh, I thought 2 bedder should be same also, never expect no viewing at all! Don't like this kind of feeling

Sis East, when a new condo top, there will be many condos out for rental. So the units with either good views or good price get rented out first. The whole process can take awhile.

Do lighting first. All others can wait. Curtains and white machine once u find tenant.

This process can last 1 to 2 months. Unless your price very sweet (below market rate).

A lot of retrenchments in overseas now. OCR near MRT or hubs shd b fine. Ur location is within 10min walk to these?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Sis East, when a new condo top, there will be many condos out for rental. So the units with either good views or good price get rented out first. The whole process can take awhile.

Do lighting first. All others can wait. Curtains and white machine once u find tenant.

This process can last 1 to 2 months. Unless your price very sweet (below market rate).

Yes, defect reporting with developer at my unit on next Friday, lighting will be installed on next Saturday

Curtain hold first? How abt the decking of planter? I want to go the Australia iron wood Liao

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    A lot of retrenchments in overseas now. OCR near MRT or hubs shd b fine. Ur location is within 10min walk to these?
    3 mins to MRT and shopping mall...

Yes, defect reporting with developer at my unit on next Friday, lighting will be installed on next Saturday

Curtain hold first? How abt the decking of planter? I want to go the Australia iron wood Liao
    Yes, hold curtain. Tenant come in will advise if they want day and nite curtain. They will let u know color as well. Get agent to source if u lazy.

White equipment, get from best denke with extended warranty.... Or any where w extended warranty.

Decking, up to u. If u think will add value to rental... If not, wait for tenant to propose and. Fix.

Defects, get agent to do it and liase w mgmt if u have no time.

3 mins to MRT and shopping mall...
    simei....??...maybe too close people scared noise..but dont worry if you are not dependant on the rental urgently then wait a while since its new i suppose many units on mkt for rental...

Try to rent out before end of nov as December is usually a quiet month for rental as most foreigners will start to go home and do not want to move house.But dvo not drop price to rent out otherwise your neighbours will be very upset with you.

Sis based on my experience year end rental market is usually quieter one. But don't worry since your unit is new and near mrt, will have cutting edge over other older projects. Be patient a bit in the meantime enjoy the process of furnishing your new asset.

New house I would usually buy the white goods (fridge, washer/dryer), curtains and lightings. I may be wrong, but I would imagine tenants renting 2br or below in OCR would prefer the house to be fully furnished? Family ones would prefer to bring along their own furnitures.

My 2 bedder units in City fringe and CCR are rented out in partial furnished condition. They are all singles.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Yes, hold curtain. Tenant come in will advise if they want day and nite curtain. They will let u know color as well. Get agent to source if u lazy.

White equipment, get from best denke with extended warranty.... Or any where w extended warranty.

Decking, up to u. If u think will add value to rental... If not, wait for tenant to propose and. Fix.

Defects, get agent to do it and liase w mgmt if u have no time.
    Bro, thanks!

Ok, I slow down the decking as well.

Initially thinking of DIY, buy curtain from IKEA, but hubby stopped. Do u think worthy to spend $1500 on the curtain? IKEA stuff really look cheap meh??

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Sis based on my experience year end rental market is usually quieter one. But don't worry since your unit is new and near mrt, will have cutting edge over other older projects. Be patient a bit in the meantime enjoy the process of furnishing your new asset.

New house I would usually buy the white goods (fridge, washer/dryer), curtains and lightings. I may be wrong, but I would imagine tenants renting 2br or below in OCR would prefer the house to be fully furnished? Family ones would prefer to bring along their own furnitures.
    Usually who will rent OCR 2 bedder? 2 couples??

I hope a small family can rent my unit

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    My 2 bedder units in City fringe and CCR are rented out in partial furnished condition. They are all singles.
    U mean even singles also prefer their own furnitures?

Check with u, is there a way to utilize the bay-window with a single bed frame to host a queen mattress? No customization, just off shell one?

Prob coincide w many units tt TOP ard this time. Location is good. Juz a matter of time b4 it gets rented out.

East lover, is this ur first condo for rental ?

1 to 2 months is very very normal. Dun need to feel uneasy. And yes year end is a low season.

I have no experience with OCR 2br, but I supposed its v flexible, in fact most flexible. Could be a couple, 2 adults, single or even a small family of 3 to 4.

If u r unsure of what to buy now, just wait a while and observe who your potential tenants/viewers are, and see what they typically ask for. Then u decide what u shld buy. But curtains and lights must do first la imo. And I realized most Ang Mohs prefer their own furniture, while Asians like japs and Chinese, and also Indians, prefer fully furnished.

Have been renting to different nationalities for almost 16 years with units in OCR, city fringe and CCR, it is better to go for parital furnish as new tenants will likely want the mattress to be replaced. It is really a waste if money and not sustainable. Sorry, no experience on the use of bay window to form part of a bed frame. Choosing tenant is likely choosing a domestic helper. It is all about luck. I am quite lucky so far as I have heard of horror incidents.
    U mean even singles also prefer their own furnitures?

Check with u, is there a way to utilize the bay-window with a single bed frame to host a queen mattress? No customization, just off shell one?

Quite true, I have got French, British, Americans, and Australians on partial lease.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    I have no experience with OCR 2br, but I supposed its v flexible, in fact most flexible. Could be a couple, 2 adults, single or even a small family of 3 to 4.

If u r unsure of what to buy now, just wait a while and observe who your potential tenants/viewers are, and see what they typically ask for. Then u decide what u shld buy. But curtains and lights must do first la imo. And I realized most Ang Mohs prefer their own furniture, while Asians like japs and Chinese, and also Indians, prefer fully furnished.