Thread: For MM unit below 500 sqft..renovation 10k enough or not?

Default For MM unit below 500 sqft..renovation 10k enough or not?

if do painting and change the floor tiles? enough or not?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46
    if do painting and change the floor tiles? enough or not?
    Painting give or take $1k. floor tiles is a major work which requires hacking etc, and the quality of tiles is also important. Last thing you want is to have th tile changing colors or having hairline crack. Why do you need to change the tile?

Depend if u renting out or own stay.
    I spent only 3k for painting, curtain, lighting, electronic n furnishing etc and happily rented out at 4k+ for 500sf. Fully furnished.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Painting give or take $1k. floor tiles is a major work which requires hacking etc, and the quality of tiles is also important. Last thing you want is to have th tile changing colors or having hairline crack. Why do you need to change the tile?
    cos i dont like the floor tiles leh..anyway i only want to change the tiles in living area..below 10k for less than 400 sqft not possible meh?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

cos i dont like the floor tiles leh..anyway i only want to change the tiles in living area..below 10k for less than 400 sqft not possible meh?
    if one person self staying only,... can try lay laminate wood flooring... some cheap condo has that in bedrooms... nice wood feeling when living on top of the laminate wood,.... floor tiles still hidden below, you get back the floor tiles once you remove the wood laying on top... should be around S$1K for your living room...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...C8rsrAf1zYDwBw

note: laminate wood flooring could be damaged by excessive water.. material is some compressed saw dust....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    if one person self staying only,... can try lay laminate wood flooring... some cheap condo has that in bedrooms... nice wood feeling when living on top of the laminate wood,.... floor tiles still hidden below, you get back the floor tiles once you remove the wood laying on top... should be around S$1K for your living room...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...C8rsrAf1zYDwBw

note: laminate wood flooring could be damaged by excessive water.. material is some compressed saw dust....

Can try vinyl also, cheap and waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Can try vinyl also, cheap and waterproof
    vinyl waterproof but too cheapskate,... vinyl need to be glued onto the floor which will damage the present floor tiles... whereas laminate wood will have a thin layer of plastic lining/sponge as protection to the tiles below, no scratches to original tiles, (you can get back tiles once removed the laminate wood)... i diy 500sqft of vinyl in my office last year... both vinyl flooring and laminate wood flooring look equally nice in appearance (look like real wood flooring)... but vinyl got no "wood" feeling when sitting on top...

vinyl waterproof but too cheapskate,... vinyl need to be glued onto the floor which will damage the present floor tiles... whereas laminate wood will have a thin layer of plastic lining/sponge as protection to the tiles below, no scratches to original tiles, (you can get back tiles once removed the laminate wood)... i diy 500sqft of vinyl in my office last year... both vinyl flooring and laminate wood flooring look equally nice in appearance (look like real wood flooring)... but vinyl got no "wood" feeling when sitting on top...
    Wah bro ikan u really expert in this field, next time my hse ready must consult u further. Ya I thought vinyl looks decent and is really cheap, but din know will damage the original tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Wah bro ikan u really expert in this field, next time my hse ready must consult u further. Ya I thought vinyl looks decent and is really cheap, but din know will damage the original tiles.
    no-lah, you don;t ask me about all these renovation,... me no expert...

i do those things for fun, or as "hobby" only,... simple DIY things like floor tiles laying (simple vinyl/laminate wood type), painting, electrical wiring, ikea blind/shelf installation, minor pumbling, floor epoxy coating, some repairs and etc.... bcoz for anything non-residential, tenants don;t mind about poor workmanship or Fishy workmanship.... hahaha...

btw: i think if you keep your ceramic tiles too long under that laminate wood,... it will also turn yellowish due to without cleaning for too long...

Depending on the type of tiles. If homogenous tiles , then it should not cost you more than 10psf all in - so around 4k max for tiling. Parquet should also be around the same and laminate should ce cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Depending on the type of tiles. If homogenous tiles , then it should not cost you more than 10psf all in - so around 4k max for tiling. Parquet should also be around the same and laminate should ce cheaper.
    for living room area, timber strips will look better than parquet but will cost double the px.

i like timber strips flooring... shiok !!... roughly how much psf is that ??...

i like timber strips flooring... shiok !!... roughly how much psf is that ??...

this one i dunno leh... but it's slightly more than double the px compared to parquet. nav said it's ard 10psf for parquet so i reckon it will range ard 20-25psf for timber strips..

but then hor, timber strips sometimes they will cheat abit.. intersperse a few long strips with alot of short strips.

bro vince, hows life at dolce vita? njoying bo

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    bro vince, hows life at dolce vita? njoying bo
    boss, me not staying at ldv.. me bought OG... still waiting to finish my renovation works as handover keeps getting delayed.

woops paiseh. .. yep OG.... arent u glad u bought it as sky gween price would push up yours later.... Not like very near each other la but quite