Thread: Rooftop Pools

Default Rooftop Pools

Quite a few of the new condos now have rooftop pools due to space constraints. How do you guys feel about getting a unit directly below the pool? Anyone with any experience on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    Quite a few of the new condos now have rooftop pools due to space constraints. How do you guys feel about getting a unit directly below the pool? Anyone with any experience on this?

at most rain lor... its falling rain!

dont. .. if u have other choices

in fact i would avoid development with roof top swimming pool. Reason being gonna be a maintenance bomb for sure!

Ask the developer to built the wall between the pool and your roof transparent.

So people swimming can see you sleeping and you can see people swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    in fact i would avoid development with roof top swimming pool. Reason being gonna be a maintenance bomb for sure!
    If below swimming is something else like car park, ok to buy or not? At most don't buy car lah.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    If below swimming is something else like car park, ok to buy or not? At most don't buy car lah.
    best is those pool that is on the land. but this is increasingly rare. so the next best is those who carpark below.

i wonder if there's any issue with water leakages in future when you have such a big water body on the rooftop.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i wonder if there's any issue with water leakages in future when you have such a big water body on the rooftop.
    Swimming pools usually need to redo waterproofing after 10-15years.

I would avoid a unit below pool. Top floor units are more prone to leaking problems as well

I honestly don't mind below the pool. For own stay-I quite pan tan.... So have to check implication.

If it 'rains', no dispute. Caused by swimming pool. MCST has to fix this.so no need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    I honestly don't mind below the pool. For own stay-I quite pan tan.... So have to check implication.

If it 'rains', no dispute. Caused by swimming pool. MCST has to fix this.so no need to worry.
    Bro, it is the inconvenience that is the real headache. Could take weeks to repair, and also someone need to be at home too.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Bro, it is the inconvenience that is the real headache. Could take weeks to repair, and also someone need to be at home too.
    Bro, developer will scared until lau sai... If it rains on your furniture, they need to pay u leh.... They also need to pay for your external accomodation leh.... Bro, must know a bit of law to protect yourself leh....

talking about this type of apt...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-bluwaters-2

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, developer will scared until lau sai... If it rains on your furniture, they need to pay u leh.... They also need to pay for your external accomodation leh.... Bro, must know a bit of law to protect yourself leh....
    I believe the developer will only provide warranty for say 10 years? What happens if the problems arise after that? Own costs?

frankly i think all this type of pool thing are gimmicks i visit some new launch they got small pool and water feature at some of ground units but i was thinking like what for u got big pool in ur condo why need this....anyway others may like....

I believe the developer will only provide warranty for say 10 years? What happens if the problems arise after that? Own costs?
    MCST issue.

Default Fine

I see modern landed properties with roof top pools.

If an owner can maintain his own pool surely a condo can do so.

As technology advances and standard of living goes up roof top pool is not a problem. Just ensure it is a reputable developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    I see modern landed properties with roof top pools.

If an owner can maintain his own pool surely a condo can do so.

As technology advances and standard of living goes up roof top pool is not a problem. Just ensure it is a reputable developer.
    Your last statement is very important and agreeable.

Best to avoid. It's a problem waiting to happen. Better yet, avoid all units below the pool. The problem with water leakage is that the water flow is unpredictable. It can bypass a few units before springing out to the next one.

Water-proofing is only good for 10-15 years if you are lucky. By that time, warranty has expired and you have to deal with the MCST to get the problem resolved. Very messy, painful and protracted process.

Save yourself the hassle. Avoid the problem in the first place if you can.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

What about this one?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-beverly

The pool is yours. Even more headaches?

But the price is discounted, which means you are paid for fixing the pool problems. Can stay for 5 years and then sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lee
    What about this one?

But the price is discounted, which means you are paid for fixing the pool problems. Can stay for 5 years and then sell it?
    wow thats scaring..

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lee
    What about this one?

Not just more headache, maybe even heart attack!

Pool all yours also means problem all yours and mcst can wash hands shake legs. Just trackng and verifying the leak alone can set you back a few thousand bucks. Worse case scenario may need your pool to be hacked up to reach the watrproofing layer. Hopefully this may not need to happen if contractor has done a good job building the pool. Still despite the technology, such things have a limited shelf life. I hv not come across any waterproofing w lifetime wrty so far.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Buildings are subjected to lateral movements, over period of time, that will form crack line and result in water sleepage..Nn matter how good the water proofing, it on guarentee for 5 years...

Pool on the ground may also subject to crack, but at least the water seep into the soil below and not your hse

Probably the first 5-10 years nothing much to worry about, but then if you want to sell, the next buyer might start to worry.

Thanks everyone for feedback. From the sound of it, it seems better to avoid buying unit below pool!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/the-merlot-403

I ever own a unit at The Merlot.. units from 2nd to 15th flr.. the pool is on the rooftop on the 16th flr.. all sharing

To digress a bit, it seems to be "fashionable" to build a swimming pool in houses these days, even not-so-large houses. I see a house down my road being built and they state that there's a swimming pool but the house itself is so monstrous big, I can't even see the pool. I personally would prefer to not have the hassle of maintaining a pool in my house, I would rather use the country club's pool. I don't see much point in having a small pool in your house if you can barely swim a decent distance in it. I even read an advertisement recently for a house with a rooftop pool (landed property).

what is the largest / longest rooftop pool u've seen? other than MBS's skypool of course.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    what is the largest / longest rooftop pool u've seen? other than MBS's skypool of course.
    Space@Kovan BUC will have 30m rooftop pool. Suites De Laurel is 18-20m I think.