Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on Sunshine Plaza, Bencoolen and Burlinton Sq

spongmk Guest

Default Your opinion on Sunshine Plaza, Bencoolen and Burlinton Sq

Hi, I'm looking for a property around that area for investment purpose, need your opinion on these 3 projects. Price seem to be still quite attractive comparing to others in CBD area.

Which development is a better investment ? Sunshine, Bencoolen or Burlington?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Your opinion on Sunshine Plaza, Bencoolen and Burlinton Sq

am looking for city sq or parc emily studio too. Any comment on these too?
    tks

Unregistered Guest

All 3 are equally good in terms of location. Now it all depends on the details like view, price, and condition of unit. Get the best deal for the price.

For City Sq and Parc Emily, I would prefer Parc Emily for obvious reasons. It is at least D9, near Orchard, and situated in a peaceful location with lots of greenery.

I would have a big headache if I lived in City Sq, with the surroundings, it is like living in some 3rd world country. Not to mention the traffic jams at Serangoon Rd/Little India/Farrer Park/Jalan Besar. You say, don't drive and take MRT instead? Good luck with the MRT over there.... it is as close as it gets to being in a 3rd world slum without leaving Singapore. Wow, awesome.. get to experience old-world Asian 'culture' in modern gleamng Singapore! I bet your expat tenants will love City Square!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Good luck with the MRT over there.... it is as close as it gets to being in a 3rd world slum without leaving Singapore. Wow, awesome.. get to experience old-world Asian 'culture' in modern gleamng Singapore! I bet your expat tenants will love City Square!
    this is sarcastic right?

Unregistered Guest

this is sarcastic right?
    yeh i agreed too . Very sarcastic! the only 3rd world i can experience here is probably ----- your kampong MENTALITY!

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: Your opinion on Sunshine Plaza, Bencoolen and Burlinton Sq

be it Sunshine, Bencoolen or Burlington OR city sq, parc emily studio... you should indicate your budget, room type, min/max holding period and maybe targetted gains, purpose, preferences......... before anyone can comment on which is a better choice.......

Ruth Teo Guest

yes, believe that there will be room for improvement in the prices of property in this district. Its just 1 street across many properties eg 8@ mount sophia and prices r still lower. When the circle line mrt nxt to spore museum is up, believe prices will go up. so many different MRT stations nearby. Started Investing in the area some yrs ago and buying/selling properties in the area now..

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: Your opinion on Sunshine Plaza, Bencoolen and Burlinton Sq

am looking for city sq or parc emily studio too. Any comment on these too?
    tks
    If you buy City sq you eat roti plata everyday, at parc emily you still can find fried hokkien mie and ba kut teh I think.

Unregistered Guest

What do you all think will be the effects of URA's ophir/rochor corridor development plan in this area? All views are welcome, thank you.

Unregistered Guest

What do you all think will be the effects of URA's ophir/rochor corridor development plan in this area? All views are welcome, thank you.
    residential here will definitely appreciate in price! because of the potential rental gains and general economic boost the ophir-rochor devt will bring!

Unregistered Guest

In 15 years time.

Unregistered Guest

URA releasing land between 5 to 10 years depending on demand. Don't think have to wait until 15 years.

Unregistered Guest

Not only that. Look at the development taking place around the area, South beach, Iluma, Ibis hotel, Wilkie edge and very soon bugis becoming interchange for east and downtown line. Now URA say developing ophir rochor corridor. Are all these coincidence?

URA releasing land between 5 to 10 years depending on demand. Don't think have to wait until 15 years.

Unregistered Guest

Check out the rendered picture of ophir and rochor strip, the new development near rochor centre are much higher than the surrounding buildings. This could mean an increase of plot ratio to encourage redevelopment.

Not only that. Look at the development taking place around the area, South beach, Iluma, Ibis hotel, Wilkie edge and very soon bugis becoming interchange for east and downtown line. Now URA say developing ophir rochor corridor. Are all these coincidence?

Nobody Guest

Seems like the rental here is still going strong. The bencoolen hit the $6 psf mark at the 75th percentile, congratulations.

Data from URA website,

25% Median 75%
    === ===== ===
    The Bencoolen 4.69 4.94 6.0
    Burlington Sqr 4.47 4.6 5.24
    Sunshine Plaza <-- Less than 10 rental contracts signed, so no entry

not bad lah Guest

I like this location. very convenient. when ERP gets more and more ganies around the city area, it is properties like this which will be in demand among expat tenants. cos no need to drive.

Default burlington square

yes the rents in burlington square are still going strong and prices psf have gone up!! the management office provides prompt and good support to owners. nice view if you can buy units from 15th storey onwards. There are 3 towers, A, B and C.

Default Bencoolen Street area - condo, etc

The Bencoolen - Noisy, dirty surrounding. Full of temple patron and roadside stalls. Always busy.

Burlington Square - A classy environment. A plus point is the Rochor downtown circle line, just next door.

Sunshine Plaza - Isolated and it is reflected in the prices of both rental and sale.

City square - Nice place in a lousy environment and like they say - 3rd World environment, just outside. Full of budget hotels in the vicinity and also the known Pertain. Plus point - Freehold.

Overall, Burlington Square leads the price at the moment with a 840 sq ft unit being sold at S$1 million or 1191 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by munich18
    The Bencoolen - Noisy, dirty surrounding. Full of temple patron and roadside stalls. Always busy.

Burlington Square - A classy environment. A plus point is the Rochor downtown circle line, just next door.
    dun really see ur point....bencoolen just beside burlington....y one is classy and the other is lousy? btw, anytime more sellers for burlington den bencoolen....duno y

I have viewed both condo and that was my conclusion. I, find The Bencoolen" to be quite busy all day round, inclusive of weekends and nights. Feng Shui wise, having a temple is a "no go".

Security wise. Burlington Square is quite tight, both at Ground Zero and on the 5th floor. CCTV is plentiful. Rochor Station nearby is a plus as mentioned.

So, it is up to you, just my view.

Your quote .............

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    dun really see ur point....bencoolen just beside burlington....y one is classy and the other is lousy? btw, anytime more sellers for burlington den bencoolen....duno y

Huh? Do you mean you've to take the lift "twice" to reach the apartment, from ground flr to 5th flr, then change at 5th flr to higher flr? I can only think of this explanation for having 2 security counters, and you call this "quite tight" security Regardless of all the busy, feng shui, temple etc.. Ultimately whether a place is conducive to stay or not, the rental tenants are willing to pay tells it all, just go check (I believe you had?) URA's rental statistics, you'll know which one is leading. Don't get me wrong, I like both, including sunshine plaza (they all have their pros and cons), I just find your comparison.. er.. a bit skewed

Quote Originally Posted by munich18
    I have viewed both condo and that was my conclusion. I, find The Bencoolen" to be quite busy all day round, inclusive of weekends and nights. Feng Shui wise, having a temple is a "no go".

Security wise. Burlington Square is quite tight, both at Ground Zero and on the 5th floor. CCTV is plentiful. Rochor Station nearby is a plus as mentioned.

So, it is up to you, just my view.

Your quote .............

Hi Devilplate,

I can tell you why anytime more sellers for burlington than bencoolen. There are 179 units in Burlington Square while there are only 80 units in Bencoolen. Hence why

Munich18: thanks for the review I think you are right that Rochor station being 0.18km from Burlington will bring up the prices in future as it links direct to the new Downtown.

Hexx: So which would you buy ultimately?

Anyone can elaborate on the future Bugis mrt interchange and Rochor Station serving as downtown line 2 and 3 interchange?

Quote Originally Posted by doraemon1
    Hi Devilplate,

I can tell you why anytime more sellers for burlington than bencoolen. There are 179 units in Burlington Square while there are only 80 units in Bencoolen. Hence why

Munich18: thanks for the review I think you are right that Rochor station being 0.18km from Burlington will bring up the prices in future as it links direct to the new Downtown.

Anyone can elaborate on the future Bugis mrt interchange and Rochor Station serving as downtown line 2 and 3 interchange?
    according to pptyguru, bencoolen got 94units...

to me bencoolen and burlington same same...its the matter of getting a best priced and best facing unit out of the 2.

sunshine cannot compare with these 2 if based on MRT ...sunshine is really not so near to bugis mrt. took me about 10min to walk....i recce b4...

Hi Devilplate,

Sorry about the exact nos in Bencoolen. Just that as Bencoolen has lesser units so Burlington always lead in pricing.

So do you think Bencoolen or Burlington is a good place to buy for investment?

to me bencoolen and burlington same same...its the matter of getting a best priced and best facing unit out of the 2.

sunshine cannot compare with these 2 if based on MRT ...sunshine is really not so near to bugis mrt. took me about 10min to walk....i recce b4...

Hi Devilplate,

Sorry about the exact nos in Bencoolen. Just that as Bencoolen has lesser units so Burlington always lead in pricing.

So do you think Bencoolen or Burlington is a good place to buy for investment?
    i was actually considering one of the unit at burlington vs citylights last yr...but decide to choose CL due to high rental yield, newer(no nid to spend $ on reno) and nicer view. i also have stronger faith on the future kallang riverside devt

rochor mrt may not boost the prices of burlington/bencoolen since oredi near to bugis mrt and if it does, the effect shd oredi been priced in

Er.. I'm not buying any of them. Just want to point out the comparison is flawed.

Hi Devilplate,

Sunshine is nearer to bras basah mrt la.. Go suntec very fast. But I must say, east west line is better connected to offices for now..

If you compare walking to bugis mrt (downtown line), I can tell you it is further as compared to bugis mrt (east west line). So this rochor station definitely going to make a difference, price in or not, I don't know..

i was actually considering one of the unit at burlington vs citylights last yr...but decide to choose CL due to high rental yield, newer(no nid to spend $ on reno) and nicer view. i also have stronger faith on the future kallang riverside devt

rochor mrt may not boost the prices of burlington/bencoolen since oredi near to bugis mrt and if it does, the effect shd oredi been priced in

Quote Originally Posted by Hexx
    If you compare walking to bugis mrt (downtown line), I can tell you it is further as compared to bugis mrt (east west line). So this rochor station definitely going to make a difference, price in or not, I don't know..
    once the mrt is announced...will be priced in.

Looking at the past 1-yr price trends, you are right to choose CL over burlington. Amazing.

[quote=devilplate]i was actually considering one of the unit at burlington vs citylights last yr...but decide to choose CL due to high rental yield, newer(no nid to spend $ on reno) and nicer view. i also have stronger faith on the future kallang riverside devt