Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75

Thread: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

  1. #21
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    for 99 year D21? OMG
    You are talking about FE here
    Go check out Lakeshore, the ultra density project right in middle of HDB heartland of Jurong and yet they just raised the price to 750-900 psf.
    The funny thing is in subsale market, they are only asking 550-650 psf. Isn't it strange?

  2. #22
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    yes, way too expensive! better to go with the sterling or maplewoods.
    All these are also asking over $1K psf now

  3. #23
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    You are talking about FE here
    Go check out Lakeshore, the ultra density project right in middle of HDB heartland of Jurong and yet they just raised the price to 750-900 psf.
    The funny thing is in subsale market, they are only asking 550-650 psf. Isn't it strange?
    It means flippers are having trouble finding buyers even at 600psf.
    Unlike developers, flippers can't afford to holding on too long and they must price to their goods at level where there will be takers.

  4. #24
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    You are talking about FE here
    Go check out Lakeshore, the ultra density project right in middle of HDB heartland of Jurong and yet they just raised the price to 750-900 psf.
    The funny thing is in subsale market, they are only asking 550-650 psf. Isn't it strange?
    Pop in their showflat at #07-24 with a friend. guess what? the FEO sales guy told me it is selling at 1300 psf for the left 3+S and 4BR units. The showflat is of 1173 sf, very small (from any viewpoint for a 3+S unit) & with low quality interior, costs some 1.5m !! It was 680 psf about half year ago. It is 99 LH. I guess they did not mean to sell, probably attacting public attention so preparing for their FH GV2 -- the guy told me its soft launch will be soon, within a month...

  5. #25
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Based on URA latest transaction caveats, I think average price are about $800 psf. FEO like to raise prices to scare buyers.

  6. #26
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    FEO is MAD!!!

  7. #27
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Angry Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    FEO is MAD!!!
    Indeed they are, last month, driving past Hillview Regency, the banner reads Choice unit for Sale from $589psf. On Saturday, drove past again and it now reads Choice unit for Sale $700psf.

  8. #28
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Angry Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    I read that Jardin (=GV2) is expected to launch soon at 1400 psf. So FEO is just preparing the public & lets Jardin's sky-high price 'look' not unreasonable therefore is 'expected'. It's high time for us potential buyers to say NO and to stop the madness.

  9. #29
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Will anyone of you consider Dairy Farm if it is priced at 590psf? Heard abt the proposed mrt line coming up but what is the true potential of this old property?

  10. #30
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    GV at 1300psf is cheap lar. Cheaper than similar projects in HK, London and many other world-class cities. GV should sell at 2000psf and foreigners will still buy - only 600plus pounds only. At 1300psf better buy now or prices will rise again. Many enbloc buyers you know. Enbloc windfall. What is 1300 psf to millions of fresh funds. Better grab at 1300psf, or tomorrow it will be 1400 or 1500 psf or 2000psf or 2500psf. After all it was 650psf before, now double already. Market so hot, like choo-choo train passing GV. Like the good old days of 1996. Wonder if 2008 will be "1997"?

  11. #31
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    GV at 1300psf is cheap lar. Cheaper than similar projects in HK, London and many other world-class cities. GV should sell at 2000psf and foreigners will still buy - only 600plus pounds only. At 1300psf better buy now or prices will rise again. Many enbloc buyers you know. Enbloc windfall. What is 1300 psf to millions of fresh funds. Better grab at 1300psf, or tomorrow it will be 1400 or 1500 psf or 2000psf or 2500psf. After all it was 650psf before, now double already. Market so hot, like choo-choo train passing GV. Like the good old days of 1996. Wonder if 2008 will be "1997"?
    Its evil to talk up & fool people to buy in overpriced property. Let me know if yourself want to buy GV at 2000 or 2500.

  12. #32
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Far East is notorious for creating a false market by its pricing banners. In the nineties Ng Teng Fong was the single biggest force in grabbing land at ever higher tender prices and trying to force the entire market up. With 1997 crash he was stuck with huge tracts of land but banks propped him up since they could not afford to let him fail. He would put big banners changing every few weeks to show higher minimum prices at his developments.

    Now he is doing the samething. Recently at Hillview Regency he put up banner $700psf then very soon later revised to $735psf. But look at caveats lodged its selling only $600 level. He still has other empty plots in the area with aborted launches a few times over the years.

    On Gardenvista he has raised prices on banner to show $1150 psf minimum for remaining units. And if you visit salesmen will tell you renovated units about $1250 to $1300 psf and that people already offered but awaiting cheque so if you give firm offer and bring cheque they can accept your booking.

    Moral of the storey is don't blindly believe developers especially those with a bad track record of this kind of behaviour.

  13. #33
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by St.
    Its evil to talk up & fool people to buy in overpriced property. Let me know if yourself want to buy GV at 2000 or 2500.
    Read that person's tread carefully. The person seems to be saying that foreigners (not locals) will buy and that it seems to be "1996" - the year before the crash. It's ok to that person if foreigners buy and the market crash, as their money will pour into locals' hands. I am not saying that I agree with that person, but read between the lines of that person's quote. It is like a property satire.

  14. #34
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Far East is notorious for creating a false market by its pricing banners. In the nineties Ng Teng Fong was the single biggest force in grabbing land at ever higher tender prices and trying to force the entire market up. With 1997 crash he was stuck with huge tracts of land but banks propped him up since they could not afford to let him fail. He would put big banners changing every few weeks to show higher minimum prices at his developments.

    Now he is doing the samething. Recently at Hillview Regency he put up banner $700psf then very soon later revised to $735psf. But look at caveats lodged its selling only $600 level. He still has other empty plots in the area with aborted launches a few times over the years.

    On Gardenvista he has raised prices on banner to show $1150 psf minimum for remaining units. And if you visit salesmen will tell you renovated units about $1250 to $1300 psf and that people already offered but awaiting cheque so if you give firm offer and bring cheque they can accept your booking.

    Moral of the storey is don't blindly believe developers especially those with a bad track record of this kind of behaviour.
    Agreed. Hillview Regency still got so many unsold units. The land lease started from Year 2000. It is already 2007 now and the project is still not sold out when the property market is so red hot now.

  15. #35
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Read that person's tread carefully. The person seems to be saying that foreigners (not locals) will buy and that it seems to be "1996" - the year before the crash. It's ok to that person if foreigners buy and the market crash, as their money will pour into locals' hands. I am not saying that I agree with that person, but read between the lines of that person's quote. It is like a property satire.
    Thanks.

  16. #36
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    we started home viewing and studying last year, the price had been moving gradually, and i read forums like this, a lot of people listed negative points of properties (almost all properties have plenty of negative comments), developer (esp far east) not good, price crasy, so on and so on,
    we hesitated, and indeed, no property was fully satisfactory,,, after a few months of viewing, price rose further, we decided to grab one which was still affordable and meets our needs (location, facilities, quality, design...). Now we have it. We didn't regret. Since the place really meets our needs, we enjoy living here, we appreciate. And price has gone up much further, lastest transacted deal was at least 30% higher than what we paid, with such price we are not able to pay already. Of course we are not making money here but what i am trying to say is that, for one need a home, we need to make up mind by more realistic thinking and make decision fast, while not be too serious about what other people's talks. Still, very constructive talks here and appreciate all your inputs. Go on guys. -))

  17. #37
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Re: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

    well as someone who has stayed in FEO's property, i would not buy any of their properties. price aside, the furnishings are just not up to mark.

  18. #38
    Unregisteredppl
    Guest

    Wink

    I think Garden Vista is too near the busy road, can be quite noisy depending where ur unit is...................

  19. #39
    Unregistered888
    Guest

    Talking i am not an agent coz they stinkkk

    shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 luxurious beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

  20. #40
    Unregisteredagain
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered888
    shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 luxurious beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!
    You agents/sub-sellers are PATHETIC !!!! If the development is any good people will buy. No point trying to hijack someone else's forum. This is about Gardenvista. Obviously this Bacon Hikes condo is some shitty piece of real estate that you need to try to push so hard to get rid of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •