Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Gardenvista (D21, 99 years leasehold, Far East Organization)

  1. #61
    Enbloc>GLS

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I like hillview, however there is no good primary schools.

    What is so great with hillview? There are so many developments there.
    Then my questions to you is why you like Mount Sinai and Henry Park which is similar in surrounding areas terraces deteached semi-detached and condominiums also so many developments there or unless you are aiming to sell higher ? Hillview: Not that great in my opinion but potential is there but maybe instead you should come d23 and scout.

    Good Primary schools in Mount Sinai is a plus point but in my opinion area not very children friendly. That place is what I call really Hantu at night. Kids: Potential of making friends in neighborhood, walking into mount sinai and walking out (travel) is a hassle unless you buying car for them and watch for kids development too. I think the obsession of good primary schools should not cloud the overall judgement of what you are actually buying in the area. Primary school is not where the networking session actually starts. I value Secondary school development more. In fact I will send my kid to Primary schools that allow the kid to learn how to fist fight and survive on his own.
    Last edited by yjcai; 28-07-12 at 09:30.
    Affordable means small

  2. #62
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Then my questions to you is why you like Mount Sinai and Henry Park which is similar in surrounding areas terraces deteached semi-detached and condominiums also so many developments there or unless you are aiming to sell higher ? Hillview: Not that great in my opinion but potential is there but maybe instead you should come d23 and scout.

    Good Primary schools in Mount Sinai is a plus point but in my opinion area not very children friendly. That place is what I call really Hantu at night. Kids: Potential of making friends in neighborhood, walking into mount sinai and walking out (travel) is a hassle unless you buying car for them and watch for kids development too. I think the obsession of good primary schools should not cloud the overall judgement of what you are actually buying in the area. Primary school is not where the networking session actually starts. I value Secondary school development more. In fact I will send my kid to Primary schools that allow the kid to learn how to fist fight and survive on his own.
    I love Mt Sinai because it is:

    1. Near to Henry Park Primary
    2. Near to Gim Moh Market and Holland V
    3. Near to Buona Vista MRT and Shopping malls
    4. Near to my workplace along queensway and commonwealth
    5. Driving distance and straight accessibilities to Orchard and Bukit Timah belt
    6. Near to good schools like NUS, Singapore Polytechnics, Ngee Ann Polytechnics
    7. Driving distance to NUH hospital, AH hospital and Gleneagles Hospital
    8. Quiet, tranquil, serene and exclusive enclave for my kids and parents/in-laws.

    As for Hillview area, I feel there are too many masses condos and it is very near to Bukit Panjang which is relatively north-western area.

  3. #63
    Enbloc>GLS

    User Info Menu

    Default Alright

    Thats great. In that case got to pay more.

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I love Mt Sinai because it is:

    1. Near to Henry Park Primary
    2. Near to Gim Moh Market and Holland V
    3. Near to Buona Vista MRT and Shopping malls
    4. Near to my workplace along queensway and commonwealth
    5. Driving distance and straight accessibilities to Orchard and Bukit Timah belt
    6. Near to good schools like NUS, Singapore Polytechnics, Ngee Ann Polytechnics
    7. Driving distance to NUH hospital, AH hospital and Gleneagles Hospital
    8. Quiet, tranquil, serene and exclusive enclave for my kids and parents/in-laws.

    As for Hillview area, I feel there are too many masses condos and it is very near to Bukit Panjang which is relatively north-western area.
    Affordable means small

  4. #64
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Thats great. In that case got to pay more.
    Hi... Could you enlighten me what's magical and attractive in Hillview area? I would like to see and understand your perspective of that area.

  5. #65
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I went to school in the mt sinai area, for both Primary School and JC.

    I was poor, and my family didn't have a car. I remember once, my dad had to pick me up from school at night after some dance event. Everyone had parents who drove to the school to pick them up - except my dad. My dad said he had to hide in a corner in the canteen. We took the bus home in the end, in the dark.

    That really affected me. Anyway, this is just a small story. Just want to let you know that sometimes adults dont know how kids are affected. It's not always about the school.

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I love Mt Sinai because it is:

    1. Near to Henry Park Primary
    2. Near to Gim Moh Market and Holland V
    3. Near to Buona Vista MRT and Shopping malls
    4. Near to my workplace along queensway and commonwealth
    5. Driving distance and straight accessibilities to Orchard and Bukit Timah belt
    6. Near to good schools like NUS, Singapore Polytechnics, Ngee Ann Polytechnics
    7. Driving distance to NUH hospital, AH hospital and Gleneagles Hospital
    8. Quiet, tranquil, serene and exclusive enclave for my kids and parents/in-laws.

    As for Hillview area, I feel there are too many masses condos and it is very near to Bukit Panjang which is relatively north-western area.

  6. #66
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primeesense
    I went to school in the mt sinai area, for both Primary School and JC.

    I was poor, and my family didn't have a car. I remember once, my dad had to pick me up from school at night after some dance event. Everyone had parents who drove to the school to pick them up - except my dad. My dad said he had to hide in a corner in the canteen. We took the bus home in the end, in the dark.

    That really affected me. Anyway, this is just a small story. Just want to let you know that sometimes adults dont know how kids are affected. It's not always about the school.
    Hi primeesense. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of this situation.

  7. #67
    Music of the night

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primeesense
    I went to school in the mt sinai area, for both Primary School and JC.

    I was poor, and my family didn't have a car. I remember once, my dad had to pick me up from school at night after some dance event. Everyone had parents who drove to the school to pick them up - except my dad. My dad said he had to hide in a corner in the canteen. We took the bus home in the end, in the dark.

    That really affected me. Anyway, this is just a small story. Just want to let you know that sometimes adults dont know how kids are affected. It's not always about the school.
    How did that affect you? If you were your dad, what would u do? Sorry for being kaypoh
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  8. #68
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Well I just felt rather small, I guess. "Affected" in the sense that I still remember it 20+ years later, and I just thought it's a good story to show that there are a lot of social pressure for the child in going to a "good school". The pressure can be taken well, or perhaps not so well, depending on the child.




    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    How did that affect you? If you were your dad, what would u do? Sorry for being kaypoh

  9. #69
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primeesense
    Well I just felt rather small, I guess. "Affected" in the sense that I still remember it 20+ years later, and I just thought it's a good story to show that there are a lot of social pressure for the child in going to a "good school". The pressure can be taken well, or perhaps not so well, depending on the child.
    Hi. I guess your dad fails to protrays himself positively thus causing you to be affected after so many years.

  10. #70
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primeesense
    Well I just felt rather small, I guess. "Affected" in the sense that I still remember it 20+ years later, and I just thought it's a good story to show that there are a lot of social pressure for the child in going to a "good school". The pressure can be taken well, or perhaps not so well, depending on the child.
    Hi. I guess your dad fails to protrays himself positively thus causing you to be affected after so many years.

  11. #71
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    After reading the below, I think the only criteria you're looking for is an elite school. Just go for it. And i don't see what is wrong with northwest - too "masses" for you huh? If you look for nature (real nature not fake gardens), quiet and tranquility, nothing can beat the northwest in Singapore. And i suspect there are more condos along the Holland Rd stretch than Hillview. in fact, Mt Sinai is just beside Clementi HDB flats - more dense. And Henry Park balloting is mad for within 1km. Too many homes around it already. and holland v is the most overrated place with chain restaurants.

    I've read your posts and you're one of those who will do anything to get your child into an elite school and that's about the greatest dream in your life. Hillview does not have any primary schools (i think the only school is CHIJ Bt Timah with 1km), so i guess its more suited for people who already has affiliation and doesn't need to go through the 1km route. So it's not for you lah. Continue looking at Mt Sinai.

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I love Mt Sinai because it is:

    1. Near to Henry Park Primary
    2. Near to Gim Moh Market and Holland V
    3. Near to Buona Vista MRT and Shopping malls
    4. Near to my workplace along queensway and commonwealth
    5. Driving distance and straight accessibilities to Orchard and Bukit Timah belt
    6. Near to good schools like NUS, Singapore Polytechnics, Ngee Ann Polytechnics
    7. Driving distance to NUH hospital, AH hospital and Gleneagles Hospital
    8. Quiet, tranquil, serene and exclusive enclave for my kids and parents/in-laws.

    As for Hillview area, I feel there are too many masses condos and it is very near to Bukit Panjang which is relatively north-western area.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 03-08-12 at 15:11.

  12. #72
    Music of the night

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I agree Holland V is fast losing its charm ... MRT opening make it worse, it is so lacking of space that some restaurants are putting their tables / chairs along the sidewalk .... there are better alternatives like Marina Bay, Vivocity
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  13. #73
    tweet @condoexchange

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primeesense
    Well I just felt rather small, I guess. "Affected" in the sense that I still remember it 20+ years later, and I just thought it's a good story to show that there are a lot of social pressure for the child in going to a "good school". The pressure can be taken well, or perhaps not so well, depending on the child.
    Allow me to kaypoh... but I think you should be rotan 10x for being so superficial and compare with others over frivolous stuff.

    If you think you suffered, how worse do you think your dad felt??

  14. #74
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Despite the ups and downs, the financial crisis, the cooling measures and what not, this project has been transacting consistently at about $1200 psf for the past 5 years with fairly regular transactions. Always interesting to read old thread such as this. Not easy predicting prices.

  15. #75
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    any positive spillover effect from Mayfair Garden's enbloc?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •