Thread: Covered Balcony

Default Covered Balcony

hi all,

balcony is the "in" thing for recent condo projects. i like balcony as it gives an open space feeling to the owner in the tiny living room (ie: 2-BR)

i check out hillvista from feo and their balcony for high floor is "covered" something like show in this picture.

in term of practical reason, it's good to have a cover especially when the sun is hot and shinning into the living room, raining, etc

but, it spoil the balcony look and even you can open up all the covers it looks like wide open window

any comment?

thanks

kids safe! i like...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    kids safe! i like...
    looks scaring to me...so low

These are balcony screens.

I like it, if MCST approves it, I will like to install them too. Privacy lah.

I personally like my balconies with the trellis.

Most MCST also does not approve the addtions of structures at the balconies that will affect the facade of the buildings. But now with the trellis you could hide behind and do 'wonders'.

I have seen a recent project with these trellis, and you could actually build glass panels behind to enclose the entire balcony, something like an extension to the living/bedroom. I know the govt does not approve this, but since its well hidden behind the trellis, u cant really tell.

kids safe! i like...
    Yes! This looks good but unfortunately if they are not part of the initial design, then it is quite difficult to get MC endorsement as it affects the entire outlook of the condo. But in terms of privacy and kidz safety, I think this is good ... MHO

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro

Most MCST also does not approve the addtions of structures at the balconies that will affect the facade of the buildings. But now with the trellis you could hide behind and do 'wonders'.

I have seen a recent project with these trellis, and you could actually build glass panels behind to enclose the entire balcony, something like an extension to the living/bedroom. I know the govt does not approve this, but since its well hidden behind the trellis, u cant really tell.
    This is interesting. Can you please let me know which development as I would like to see how it looks. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    This is interesting. Can you please let me know which development as I would like to see how it looks. Thanks!
    If I could remember.. one of the project is Soleil.. those units with west facing have it..

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Let me PM you

Let me PM you
    share with me too.. cheers

kids safe! i like...
    But not fully enclosed

screens i like. can grow creepers all over to provide natural shade n oxygem

Couldn't find the project, Soleil. Could u advise me, pls?

..The Hillier has similar concept.

Quote Originally Posted by einnoc
    Couldn't find the project, Soleil. Could u advise me, pls?
    Oh sorry, I mean is Soleil @ Sinaran (beside Novena Sq 2).. new project just TOP

FEO hallmark ...

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ..The Hillier has similar concept.