Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Market cycle

Junior

User Info Menu

Default Market cycle

Found this article... Interesting read... Hope u all enjoy...

[url]http://www.propwise.sg/timing-your-investment-in-the-singapore-property-market/[/url]

So, where are we today?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Found this article... Interesting read... Hope u all enjoy...

[url]http://www.propwise.sg/timing-your-investment-in-the-singapore-property-market/[/url]

So, where are we today?

thanks bro chestnut. thought you are on holidays. interesting article that phases out what many of us already knows.

i think we are in the flat phase of late bull that is consolidating... going forward, it may continue in either direction, depending on external factors, but at worst probably in a plateau fashion. this is what our govt wants as well.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    thanks bro chestnut. thought you are on holidays. interesting article that phases out what many of us already knows.

i think we are in the flat phase of late bull that is consolidating... going forward, it may continue in either direction, depending on external factors, but at worst probably in a plateau fashion. this is what our govt wants as well.
    Bro, I travel for a living... Hahaha sort of... My work requires me to travel within se Asia + a few countries....

I roughly know this but it is very difficult to articulate it... But this link, actually articulates it quite well...

After the bull, there will always be the bear... U cannot run away from that... Just look out for tell tale signs... If u have 2, difficult to play... U sell 1, bloody price, continue to run, it is diffult to go in again.... Then, by the time it drops, u may be too 'old' and bank shorten your tenure...

Aiya, to elaborate, too long.... U guys smart enough to know wat I talking about lah... Enjoy the link...

User Info Menu

seems like we are at early bear with news of 8 projects with large unsold units. The problem with this statement is with every new launch, the take up rate seems to indicate a new phase of bull . So is there such a term as segmented bull n bear market?

Property Newbie

User Info Menu

Bro, I travel for a living... Hahaha sort of... My work requires me to travel within se Asia + a few countries....

I roughly know this but it is very difficult to articulate it... But this link, actually articulates it quite well...

After the bull, there will always be the bear... U cannot run away from that... Just look out for tell tale signs... If u have 2, difficult to play... U sell 1, bloody price, continue to run, it is diffult to go in again.... Then, by the time it drops, u may be too 'old' and bank shorten your tenure...

Aiya, to elaborate, too long.... U guys smart enough to know wat I talking about lah... Enjoy the link...
    bro, do you enjoy your overseas trip?
    eg. tiring?
    [B]I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.[/B] - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    bro, do you enjoy your overseas trip?
    eg. tiring?
    Overseas work trip... I used to travel like taking bus... But nowadays 1 trip every 1 trip every 2 month...ave... More likely 3 trips within a month... Rest 3 month...hahahaha

I only use my brain,.... The rest of the trip, people entertain me,,, my only fear is FOOD. Too much of it,l. Must be damn discipline to control all the good food in front of me,,,

Sucker for food...

Property Newbie

User Info Menu

Overseas work trip... I used to travel like taking bus... But nowadays 1 trip every 1 trip every 2 month...ave... More likely 3 trips within a month... Rest 3 month...hahahaha

I only use my brain,.... The rest of the trip, people entertain me,,, my only fear is FOOD. Too much of it,l. Must be damn discipline to control all the good food in front of me,,,

Sucker for food...
    lol~
    do take care of your health..
    you are what you eat
    [B]I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.[/B] - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Junior

User Info Menu

We are in the middle of bull market. Stock prices still a far cry from crazy level. US Interest rate is very low. During end of the bull, penny stocks, even profit losing company stock prices up few times even lousy company also make money. Interest rate will be above 5%. But We still don't see that now. If no cooling measures property price will continue to up by large percentage.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    seems like we are at early bear with news of 8 projects with large unsold units. The problem with this statement is with every new launch, the take up rate seems to indicate a new phase of bull . So is there such a term as segmented bull n bear market?
    those 8 projects are in the luxury segment, which is well controlled by the CM. that's why they are not moving, and "normal" sinkies cannot afford them (me inclusive).

the new launches nowadays all OCR, within affordability levels, that's why high take up. and with each new CM, some buyers are eliminated, but others jump in for fear of MTB.

the charts only indicate the general mkt sentiment. in bad times, all are not spared. in good times, all cheong. because of CM, the mkts become segmented. the segmentation is just a minor distraction, now just waiting for global crash. i can say generally we are at end bull, but when will it cross into early bear is anybody's guess.

Property Newbie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    now just waiting for global crash. i can say generally we are at end bull, but when will it cross into early bear is anybody's guess.
    many already prepare for a minor dip ~10%

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast