Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nexus (D21, Freehold, Wing Tai)

gerald chan Guest

Default The Nexus (D21, Freehold, Wing Tai)

Bukit Timah - just too many condos here ,also very pricy psf$ consider not the best of public transport /acessibility. Pity buyers , must always think of future selling when u buy ppty.

meesiammaihum Guest

Default Re: The Nexus

Hello? People who buy in bukit timah no need public transport, they have car.

But I heard there are plans to build MRT line from Newton MRT to Bukit Timah. still a long time away tho..

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Re: The Nexus

Project : The Nexus

Developer : Wing Tai / Orchard Parade Holdings

Address : 6501C MK 4 at Bukit Timah Road

District : 21

Site : 13,246 SqM

Tenure : Freehold

Expected TOP : 31 December 2007

Total Number Of Units : 242

Types :
    1 Bedroom: 592 - 624 SqFt

2 Bedroom: 947 & 1023 SqFt

2 + Study: 1055 & 1066 SqFt

3 Bedroom: 1195 & 1206 SqFt

3 + Study: 1346 - 1378 SqFt

4 Bedrooms: 1485 - 1572 SqFt

June 10, 2006

Welcome to the Nexus

Demand reflects a growing market for high-end homes

SHOBHA TSERING BHALLA
    [email protected]

IF NUMBERS tell a tale, then the response to the launch of Wing Tai's long-awaited Nexus condominium in Bukit Timah shows that pent-up demand for quality homes in the area is on the rise.

About 1,000 potential buyers poured into the Nexus' show-flat at 963 Bukit Timah Road on the first day of the project's launch about two weeks ago, said Ms Jeannie Lim, assistant marketing manager at Wing Tai.

According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), as at end of March 78 caveats were lodged for the Nexus.

Wing Tai has not revealed the average price per square foot (psf) of the units, but according to the caveats launched for this year, it works out to about $805 psf, said Knight Frank director (research and consultancy) Nicholas Mak.

He expects the units to sell well as freehold projects in the area are rare.

"There will always be good demand for properties in this upper middle class stretch of Bukit Timah. It is already very built up, so how many new projects can there be, especially those fronting the main road?"

The freehold project is the first official launch of a residential project by Wing Tai this year. The units are priced from $750,000 to $820,000, said Wing Tai.

The Nexus sits on 142,580 sq ft of land on the former Blissville condominium plot, which Orchard Parade Holdings and Wing Tai were planning a couple of years ago.

The development's architecture is clean and elegantly under-stated which, experts say, seals Wing Tai's reputation for building fine and practical homes.

Convenience is a major factor with many of the homes equipped with both "wet" and "dry" kitchens — a feature normally found only in bigger landed homes.

The communal facilities range from a sunning lawn to water feature bubble tanks, hot spa, sliced steel pool, picnic lawn and maze garden, to a jogging loop and swimming pool. Unit sizes range from 592 sq ft for a one-bedroom studio apartment to 1,507 for a four-bedroom apartment.

Wing Tai expects to get the temporary occupation permit (TOP) by the end of this year.

The Nexus' location is one of its strongest points. It is close to a host of amenities and to some of Singapore's most prominent schools such as Henry Park Primary, Raffles Junior College and Hwa Chong Junior College.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the Singapore Institute of Management are also close by, as are the Singapore Island Country Club and the Green Fairways Driving Range.

Wing Tai has been making waves recently with a host of property acquisitions. In May this year, it agreed to buy Newton Meadows for $73 million.

Other prime residential development sites it has bought over the past year include Phoenix Mansion in Cairnhill for $57.9 million and the Belle Vue at Oxley Walk for $227.3 million.

There is also a 99-year leasehold condo site near Tanah Merah MRT station for $210 million in a joint venture with NTUC Choice Homes.
    Last edited by mr funny; 30-01-07 at 00:49.

elements Guest

Default Re: The Nexus (D21, Freehold, Wing Tai)

Site area: 13,246 sq m (142,579.94 sq ft)

Units: 1/2/2+study/3/3+study/4-bedroom

Size of units: 55 sq m to 140 sq m (592 sq ft to 1,507 sq ft)

Types of units: Studio/2/3/4-bedroom

Live Connected…Amid Superior Luxuries

Enhanced by the splendid luxuriance that surrounds, The Nexus interior finishes are a subtle blend of minimalism and modish chic. The Nexus is truly a home you can simply style to your own comfort.

FREEHOLD Forever

Get Connected…To Everywhere
    Minutes away from the cosmopolitan hub of Orchard Road and Holland Village, The Nexus is also well-connected by major expressways. With close proximity to reputable schools (from elementary to tertiary) and friendly amenities, The Nexus is where you will enjoy a more enriching lifestyle.

Be Connected…in Lush Surroundings

Endowed with an established Bukit Timah address, The Nexus FREEHOLD residence is a modern "suite" to everyone. From studio, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom with choice of study, to plush 4 bedroom apartments, each exude a cool and forward-looking interior. Certainly a breakthrough to homes at Bukit Timah's luscious green surroundings.

ozmander Guest

What the interiors of the Nexus like? And what are the apartment views like? Are all pool facing?

I am considering projects in Novena and Bukit Timah. Nexus area seems built up and therefore less likely to have noise and construction - or is there enbloc potential in the area? Can the school next to it be moved?

How close is Cascadia?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ozmander
    What the interiors of the Nexus like? And what are the apartment views like? Are all pool facing?
    Obiang interiors.

Views are of other apartments and bukit timah road.

I am considering projects in Novena and Bukit Timah. Nexus area seems built up and therefore less likely to have noise and construction - or is there enbloc potential in the area? Can the school next to it be moved?

How close is Cascadia?
    Friend. Did you know that Tessarina still haven't finished selling? Gardenvista opposite also haven't finished selling but its 99 year so no comparison. So when do you think the demand will come in? Too many lah, this area. Cascadia is right next door.

If i were you, pay a little bit more, get Novena. At least there is MRT, 3 big supermarkets, food places, KFC, BK, McD's, Cal Fitness, Harry's bar, Starbucks, Haagen Daaz. That's really all I need. And any expat would be more willing to stay in Novena than Bukit Timah simply because life in Novena would be way more convenient.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered

Friend. Did you know that Tessarina still haven't finished selling? Gardenvista opposite also haven't finished selling but its 99 year so no comparison. So when do you think the demand will come in? Too many lah, this area. Cascadia is right next door.

If i were you, pay a little bit more, get Novena.

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed that. How would you compare Nexus with Sixth Ave Residences.

I am looking at Novena, but its become significantly more expensive in recent months. With Bukit Timah.. over 5-10 years prices will rise as more expats come by 2020?

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed that. How would you compare Nexus with Sixth Ave Residences.

I am looking at Novena, but its become significantly more expensive in recent months. With Bukit Timah.. over 5-10 years prices will rise as more expats come by 2020?

Right. The Nexus is D21, 6th Ave Residences is D10. Hmm i would go for 6th Avenue despite it being a little more expensive. Well 6th Ave just sounds more prestigious to me, and it is by Keppel Land which is a more reputable developer. In terms of location, they are both about as attractive to me (ie:- far).

Prices will rise in Bukit Timah, that's for sure. By how much, nobody knows. By the way, did you also know that there is a lot of prime empty land yet to be released by the Govt in Bukit Timah? IMO, Novena presents a better opportunity to lock in your investment funds. The property buying fundamentals are all there at Novena (location, amenities, tenure, transport, rentability, etc). I can't see how it can be a bad investment. If you searched hard enough, you will be able to find a good deal.

man with da plan Guest

How close is Cascadia?
    What is your $psf budget? You might want to try something in Bukit Timah, but closer to the city and Orchard. Like The Shelford, Casabella, DLV, D'Dalvey, etc.

D'Dalvey looks like a good buy still, as for some reason it isn't very popular and there are still unsold units.

My sister lives in The Shelford and I could post some pics if you want.

Unregistered Guest

Hey man with da plan - thanks for posting the Shelford pics. It is an appealing property in many respects, but I don't the interior spaces are really unique.

My budget is in the region of $1000-1200 psf. Looking for about 1000 sq ft, 2 bed.

What buildings would you recommend in Novena.. would be grateful for pics of Pinnacle 16, Lincoln Modern or Strata - if those properties happen to be on your radar!

manwithdaplan Guest

Hey man with da plan - thanks for posting the Shelford pics. It is an appealing property in many respects, but I don't the interior spaces are really unique.

My budget is in the region of $1000-1200 psf. Looking for about 1000 sq ft, 2 bed.

What buildings would you recommend in Novena.. would be grateful for pics of Pinnacle 16, Lincoln Modern or Strata - if those properties happen to be on your radar!
    No problem. For Novena, all that you mentioned in the above would be fine. I would look at Pinnacle 16 if the price is decent.. say, below $900 psf.. but it would be impossible in this day and age.

In fact if you like unique interiors I would suggest Lincoln Modern. There was a time when Lincoln Modern was available for $900++ psf. You can be assured of the high quality finishing and attractive architecture. Just don't expect very nice views.

I just discovered two other alternatives in the Suffolk Road area, which might just be possible to buy under $900 psf. Ten @ Suffolk, which has just TOP'ed and units are still available for sale and Suffolk Premier, which is going to TOP soon. Will post some pics on those.

Good luck!

Unregistered Guest

Thanks! Would love to see pics of Ten@Suffolk. Would also love pics of Lincoln Modern or Pinnacle 16 if you have the chance... are the LM views terrible because of Park Infinia coming up?

Unregistered Guest

I am buying property for my girl to have access to a ok pri school, i know there is a MGS near by Nexus, could you enlighten me the good school at Novena area? thanks!

Unregistered Guest

I am buying property for my girl to have access to a ok pri school, i know there is a MGS near by Nexus, could you enlighten me the good school at Novena area? thanks!
    Within 1 km to Novena MRT there is St Joseph's Junior, ACS Barker, and SCGS is slightly more than 1 km away. CHIJ Toa Payoh as well but that's maybe 2km?

Unregistered Guest

you can also try some new projects in the duchess ave areas (eg. tresor or duchess ave). these are near nanyang pri. however, do note that stress level may be pretty high there.

Unregistered Guest

you can also try some new projects in the duchess ave areas (eg. tresor or duchess ave). these are near nanyang pri. however, do note that stress level may be pretty high there.
    typo error: the project after tresor should read 'duchess residences' instead of 'duchess ave'.

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

Have a NExus 2brm unit for sale

947sqft. High floor.

Nice deco. Tenanted.

Asking 1.25mil

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

947sqft. High floor.

Nice deco. Tenanted.

Asking 1.25mil

Nice interiors. 1.25mil for 947 sqft works out to be about S$1,319 psf which is quite worth the money considering it is fully furnished.

I was told that Ivy Lee, the actress, lives here in a 4-bedder apartment? Can anyone confirm?

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

947sqft. High floor.

Nice deco. Tenanted.

Asking 1.25mil

May I have more information on the unit?

When did the lease begin and when will it end? How much is the current monthly rent? monthly management fees? Thanks

Unregistered Guest

Hi All,

Sorry for late reply.

This unit is currently leased to indonesian family at $4500. The lease ending in Jan 2010.

Maint fee is $280

Owner spent over 100k in renovation to done up the unit.

Special features:
    - Sound proof walls in living and master room
    - Electronic control curtains in master
    - Walk-in wardrode in master

Selling with tenancy at 1.25mil

Bank valuation by UOB, OCBC: 1.2mil

Call 96337533 to view this unit

Rgds,
    Jowell
    KF

Jerry Guest

Talking THE NEXUS

Almost bought a unit there but wife object so.......no loh

Unregistered888 Guest

Talking i am not an agent coz they stink

shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Default THE NEXUS

Project Name-THE NEXUS
    Developer-Orwin Development Ltd(Far East Organization / Wing Tai Holdings Limited)
    Property Type-Condominium
    Tenure - Freehold
    Total Units - 242
    Completion Date - Sep-2006
    District - 21

MORE FLOOR PLANS

click here THE NEXUS to see 720 degree virtual tour

Will the price drop to launch level? Ie 800+

I am hoping that it will come to that price by next year....time to enter the market by then..

Default WTB Looking for unit

Any Nexus 3 bedroom going at 750psf please pm me to arrange for immediate viewing.

nexus not an ideal part of bt timah. If can, buy near stevens rd or barker rd area.

Bukit Timah after sixth avenue will be possible to be $8++ psf. Those near Steven Road should command much higher, closer to $10++ psf, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    nexus not an ideal part of bt timah. If can, buy near stevens rd or barker rd area.
    Sorry but the nexus area is my preferred location for various reasons. Of course for investment then it is a differnet story.

Looking for a 2+1 BR unit for less than 1mil. Looking to buy within next 3 mths. Can email me at [email protected]
    Main reason is 1km from MGS