Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930313641 ... LastLast

Thread: La Fiesta @ Sengkang

Quote Originally Posted by LaFiestaOwner
    Eh, I don't think the rest are doing very well leh. You look at Jewel @Buangkok? I thinking pricing is very reasonable for La Fiesta. You do your resrach up and down 1 mrt station, you will find this is the best. Luxurie just sold out in Mar this year, depsite being launched a long time ago. Treasure Trove also not fully sold out despite building. Only J Gateway is the supreme one. But too bad, I don't have that type of money to pay $1475, was willing to pay $1239 only.
    Did I say jewel is one of the projects near mrt that are doing well?

Quote Originally Posted by Eh

If you are a teochew like me, or a Catholics as well, you will stick to a district where you are most comfortable with.
    For teochew n catholic D19 - around Kovan / hougang area should be a choice area, I think.

Did I say jewel is one of the projects near mrt that are doing well?
    jewel still got many units unsold leh.
    so far the best among mass condo is dnest la.
    Near mrt one senette n urban vista oso sold until 7788 liao.

I went to Kovan but I have to tell you I am not impressed. U compare, mall, yes, both have. U compare, MRT, both have. U compare bus interchange, both have. U compare distance and shelter to MRT. La Fiesta wins hands down. It is FULLY covered. Some condos are partially covered but u still have to run across a road unsheltered and get drenched by the time u reach work place. U compare facilities if u are renting it out. Hospital coming up soon. Seletar Air Base. U compare price, convenience and possible rental, u can see the difference. I don't stay at Sengkang, so I have to do my research well and it does not matter Kovan, Punggol, Sengkang and Hougang. I finally decided on Sengkang, given price plus location. Go have a look, see whether for example, Kovan Melody or the Quartz is worth the "high rental".
    I would agree with you on these fronts, but when it comes to buying, I guess behavior involves sentiment and emotions too. I prefer Kovan simply because it's a place which I'm familiar with, grew up in, and have family in. (And there is roadside local food nearby. ) Sengkang on the other hand feels new and, to be honest, a bit more sterile but I suppose it's because things are still happening. That said, I went for sengkang at the end of the day because of pricing.

I guess what may have helped specifically for Regency is that it's in a private estate and they pitched themselves as some sort of executive condominium, which I suspect added partly to the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    jewel still got many units unsold leh.
    so far the best among mass condo is dnest la.
    Near mrt one senette n urban vista oso sold until 7788 liao.
    That's why I didn't say jewel is doing well!

Dnest's price is attractive but I have no interest in it. I rather look at the Bartley projects

Dnest's price is attractive but I have no interest in it. I rather look at the Bartley projects
    Jewel is going to be lack lustre in the long run. A jewel that don't really 'shine'. Weeks after weeks I saw big ad on newspaper but yet response so poor.. La Fiesta is good indeed. In fact, I only came to know it when I happened to receive a small flyer in my letterbox. By the time I went down to the showroom in Jan, agents mentioned they already collected hundreds of cheques. Till date, I don't see they advertised very much and yet since preview till date, sold over 600 units is commendable. The only thing it is by less distinctive developer in compare to bigger names like Capitaland or CDL, but I see it as blessings in disguise. If by these big developers, I don't think can get this kind of prices. If those flyers is mailed across every corner of Singapore, maybe it will be different, who knows? I believe many may not have known this project yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Violinbite
    Jewel is going to be lack lustre in the long run. A jewel that don't really 'shine'. Weeks after weeks I saw big ad on newspaper but yet response so poor.. La Fiesta is good indeed. In fact, I only came to know it when I happened to receive a small flyer in my letterbox. By the time I went down to the showroom in Jan, agents mentioned they already collected hundreds of cheques. Till date, I don't see they advertised very much and yet since preview till date, sold over 600 units is commendable. The only thing it is by less distinctive developer in compare to bigger names like Capitaland or CDL, but I see it as blessings in disguise. If by these big developers, I don't think can get this kind of prices. If those flyers is mailed across every corner of Singapore, maybe it will be different, who knows? I believe many may not have known this project yet.
    I am one of those who also spotted this project, thanks to Jewel advertisement. I stay at the West but I like Michelle Chong's advertisement and newspaper said it was hot. So off I went to see. Got an agent and then checked out Punggol, Sengkang, Buangkok and Hougang. Too bad, by then La Fiesta already after VVIP preview. Seriously , go down have a look around the place and check the prices. You will understand why this is really a gd place to stay in. Once I looked at Jewel, with my limited Feng Shui. I know it is not my place. I moved down the MRT line in both directions and that's when I spotted La Fiesta. Luxurie also not bad, but as someone with a family and young kids, La Fiesta is better for me.

so r u vested in bartley projects?

If I have the money; I will get La Fiesta.

I am one of those who also spotted this project, thanks to Jewel advertisement. I stay at the West but I like Michelle Chong's advertisement and newspaper said it was hot. So off I went to see. Got an agent and then checked out Punggol, Sengkang, Buangkok and Hougang. Too bad, by then La Fiesta already after VVIP preview. Seriously , go down have a look around the place and check the prices. You will understand why this is really a gd place to stay in. Once I looked at Jewel, with my limited Feng Shui. I know it is not my place. I moved down the MRT line in both directions and that's when I spotted La Fiesta. Luxurie also not bad, but as someone with a family and young kids, La Fiesta is better for me.
    Can advise why Jewel's fengshui not good?

so r u vested in bartley projects?
    No I mentioned Bartley just to tease you

Wow. You and your family really willing to take a leap of distance coming to Sengkang I have stayed in D19 for more than a decade, it's hard to think moving elsewhere. If not bcos was able to buy another property, chances won't even think seriously about another place. Originally, I have vested interest in only two areas, Toa Payoh and S'goon central, looking for near MRT as well, but maybe I was adding another factor - freehold, which make the search tough. TPY has nothing except Trellis Tower (CDL - freehold, but quite high psf). S'goon central very few choices too, surrounding not fantastically conducive. Eventually, I was 'forced' to move up to Kovan to see, but mainly boutique development under freehold, newer ones are expensive too and isn't super near MRT. In fact, La Fiesta was a casual bump into, my agent-friend showed me to the only on the same day CM7 was announced. The rest is history, don't buy that night, can forget about upgrading to a new place. - that's how I was being 'locked in'.

What do most of you guys think of freehold projects these days? Does it matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Violinbite
    Wow. You and your family really willing to take a leap of distance coming to Sengkang I have stayed in D19 for more than a decade, it's hard to think moving elsewhere. If not bcos was able to buy another property, chances won't even think seriously about another place. Originally, I have vested interest in only two areas, Toa Payoh and S'goon central, looking for near MRT as well, but maybe I was adding another factor - freehold, which make the search tough. TPY has nothing except Trellis Tower (CDL - freehold, but quite high psf). S'goon central very few choices too, surrounding not fantastically conducive. Eventually, I was 'forced' to move up to Kovan to see, but mainly boutique development under freehold, newer ones are expensive too and isn't super near MRT. In fact, La Fiesta was a casual bump into, my agent-friend showed me to the only on the same day CM7 was announced. The rest is history, don't buy that night, can forget about upgrading to a new place. - that's how I was being 'locked in'.

What do most of you guys think of freehold projects these days? Does it matters?
    Personally, I dont think it matters so much. On average most will stay around 5-10 years before selling, then the next owner will also be looking at 5-10 years. 99 years is still too far out to worry about for most people...and ultimately the building will probably be knocked down after 40-50 years with compensation offered to owners.

A couple of other factors would be whether there's any ground rent to pay for leaseholders and if there are any special privileges for freeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by bananaprata
    Personally, I dont think it matters so much. On average most will stay around 5-10 years before selling, then the next owner will also be looking at 5-10 years. 99 years is still too far out to worry about for most people...and ultimately the building will probably be knocked down after 40-50 years with compensation offered to owners.

A couple of other factors would be whether there's any ground rent to pay for leaseholders and if there are any special privileges for freeholders.
    With all these measures, if can , buy freehold Wich is near mrt..... So can keep , now give money to garment if buy and sell, ABSD...SSD

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    With all these measures, if can , buy freehold Wich is near mrt..... So can keep , now give money to garment if buy and sell, ABSD...SSD
    but what i'm saying is that people will sell and buy regardless of freehold or leasehold. Most people want to move/upgrade after a while. Maybe freehold matters if you think you're going to keep the place for 40-50 years

Bartley ah, I no idea. I am a West person shifting to Sengkang. No idea about the rest. But if u were looking for rental and paying $1400 for Kovan area or Quartz, should have bought J Gateway. The developement for J Gateway is very good depsite the criticism. The only reason why I did not buy is because I have no money to pay $1400psf. At $1100 to $1200psf, La Fiesta is good for me. Cannot buy more than I can afford, otherwise in crisis, I die la. Sorry, I can't comment on Bartley, did not go and see.

Looks like foundation piles for some blocks (60, 58) are going up.

cannot liddat say. eg u bought a lh for ownstay. 30 yrs later u decided to sell. if loc not very fantastic n bal 60+ yrs left might be hard to sell off. but if FH in the same loc, at least not so worrying.

No I mentioned Bartley just to tease you
    oh, chey .... tis is so ....

cannot liddat say. eg u bought a lh for ownstay. 30 yrs later u decided to sell. if loc not very fantastic n bal 60+ yrs left might be hard to sell off. but if FH in the same loc, at least not so worrying.
    That's why location is very important. Take Bukit Timah's Hume Avenue... mostly FH, but after so many years, the resale value didn't go up much. You can still get a 3bedrm, 1200+sqft unit for $1m...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyray
    That's why location is very important. Take Bukit Timah's Hume Avenue... mostly FH, but after so many years, the resale value didn't go up much. You can still get a 3bedrm, 1200+sqft unit for $1m...
    to me location & near mrt (near is defined as < min 5 walk to the mrt) is very impt.

someone in another forum was juz telling me tat
    "mrt will be popping up everywhere and within 10min walking distance in the next 20yrs."

"not true that only properties that are now near mrt and new developments are attractive. If not, then why are developers still building condo that are further from mrt? Won't they be making losses if everybody thinks like you?"

"With the predicted 6.9mil population, you need not worry abt no demand"

I was like

to me location & near mrt (near is defined as < min 5 walk to the mrt) is very impt.

someone in another forum was juz telling me tat
    "mrt will be popping up everywhere and within 10min walking distance in the next 20yrs."

"not true that only properties that are now near mrt and new developments are attractive. If not, then why are developers still building condo that are further from mrt? Won't they be making losses if everybody thinks like you?"

"With the predicted 6.9mil population, you need not worry abt no demand"

I was like
    Another way to look at it is if mrt are popping up everywhere and within 10 mins walking distance, then those which are within 1 to 3 mins walking distance will be more attractive.

Another way to look at it is if mrt are popping up everywhere and within 10 mins walking distance, then those which are within 1 to 3 mins walking distance will be more attractive.
    hey! u spoke my mind
    there will be a need for greater product differentiation

Flora drive is another area. Condos starting from A to G are FH, condos like Hedges Park, Palm Isles and Park Olympia are LH.
    Not significant difference in price

This is why I say Hillview condominiums have little or zero upside(s).

It is basically an over-rated dead town.

I pity those who bought Hillview Peak. It is not fun stuck with a china developer.

but what i'm saying is that people will sell and buy regardless of freehold or leasehold. Most people want to move/upgrade after a while. Maybe freehold matters if you think you're going to keep the place for 40-50 years
    Now not so easy to say sell or upgrade/move.... one sell hdb may not be able to buy back again,.... and sell condo, next time banks wont lend you so much $, so cant buy...... if under certain circumstances that you need to hold a freehold for more than 10 years, ....you will not be kan cheong, as the value can hold and not like a 99 years start to lose its value each year....

can you tell me which freehold condo at hume ave, 1200+sf, 3 bedroom, cost $1m..... I will sell my hdb to buy, and absorb the 10% ABSD I need give garment?

hey! u spoke my mind
    there will be a need for greater product differentiation
    It is good to have product differentiation. If not everyone including agents will say their project is near MRT. The word near mrt is over used already. My definition of near MRT is for example compass heights.

Now not so easy to say sell or upgrade/move.... one sell hdb may not be able to buy back again,.... and sell condo, next time banks wont lend you so much $, so cant buy...... if under certain circumstances that you need to hold a freehold for more than 10 years, ....you will not be kan cheong, as the value can hold and not like a 99 years start to lose its value each year....
    Agree. Buy freehold is always better to buy leasehold. It is a fact.

can you tell me which freehold condo at hume ave, 1200+sf, 3 bedroom, cost $1m..... I will sell my hdb to buy, and absorb the 10% ABSD I need give garment?
    Hume Park 2...