Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another GURU 2cent prediction...

Office Boy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, u have kids?
    Big Bro ... this question belongs to the private category ... haha!

Office Boy still young la!

DKSG

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I can only say ... you are crippling your kids. Make them grow up with all the help. Maybe thats your way of feeling important to their lives ...

Office Boy usually dont comment on other people's private business. I only talk properties.

DKSG
    Bro, I used to think like u... Then I realized, no one is born equal. When u have kids, u will know... Anyway lets not dwell on this. Lets talk props. Hahaha

Junior

User Info Menu

Big Bro ... this question belongs to the private category ... haha!

Office Boy still young la!

DKSG
    Good for u... It is always an advantage to start young. I bot my investment unit at 28. Anchorage. Still holding it 18 yrs after top. This 1 damn shiok.... Money spinner and freehold... More than doubled liao...

Junior

User Info Menu

Bro, u have kids?
    bro, i have kids. but this is not the way i will bring them up. if i had to give them $$, i will put everything into a trust and give them minimum income. just enuff so they dun go hungry. 爱他变成害他

sorry.. back to props.

Senior

User Info Menu

I once saw a program on TV here in NYC , it's a Canadian documentary. I think it's called Hyper Parents and Coddled kids

Its about parents ...can't wait to send the kids to enrichment classes, tuitions,,,,getting into good schools. Etc

Just like in Singapore

The results was ... Over time.. These children grew us, always thinking they are the best, they must be the best, and they lack the inter personal skills which those others kids whose parents didn't send them to such classes possess.

They lack the skill to handle problems, issues and end up a much higher percentage of them suffer depression later in their lives... Cos they never learn to handle failure when they were growing up..

QUOTE=DKSG]I can only say ... you are crippling your kids. Make them grow up with all the help. Maybe thats your way of feeling important to their lives ...

Office Boy usually dont comment on other people's private business. I only talk properties.

DKSG[/QUOTE]

Senior

User Info Menu

Bro, hahaha... Agree lah... For me, it is not going to be that way.. Very long story la.... Ok lah, I doing it for 1 of my kids. It's like help the kid. Pass the kid the units we have and let her take the ren: tal comm. hey amount on rental quite ok leh... Don't really want to dwell but if don't tell, keep u in suspense...hahaha

I plan too much... So wifey and me will help the kid along the way... Hahaha
    Your a good father...its a dog eat dog world in the
    Property mkt especially as an agent...a little support
    To help your girl will be a big help to her....afterall
    If we dont help our kids who we going to help....
    The neighbours kids

Office Boy

User Info Menu

Good for u... It is always an advantage to start young. I bot my investment unit at 28. Anchorage. Still holding it 18 yrs after top. This 1 damn shiok.... Money spinner and freehold... More than doubled liao...
    If I am a chestnut, this property would have long ago become 4 properties lo! One of them confirm will be Queens (and by now would have been sold!).

Think about it lor ... hold long long, confirm can make a lot of money, but spinning it around, lagi confirm can make more!

Office Boy also bought first property when I was 28 leh !!! And now I dont have ANY of the earlier properties I bought, I multiplied them lo!

DKSG

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    bro, i have kids. but this is not the way i will bring them up. if i had to give them $$, i will put everything into a trust and give them minimum income. just enuff so they dun go hungry. 爱他变成害他

sorry.. back to props.
    Bro, the props belong to my wife and me until last person go, then will distribute.. I agree w u

Office Boy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Your a good father...its a dog eat dog world in the
    Property mkt especially as an agent...a little support
    To help your girl will be a big help to her....afterall
    If we dont help our kids who we going to help....
    The neighbours kids
    You help your kids by teaching them what to do, not giving it to them.
    When I was 28, I borrowed $30K from my father to buy property, within 24 months I pay him back all and the rest are history (not too long ago one) lo !

DKSG

Junior

User Info Menu

You help your kids by teaching them what to do, not giving it to them.
    When I was 28, I borrowed $30K from my father to buy property, within 24 months I pay him back all and the rest are history (not too long ago one) lo !

DKSG
    30k to buy ppty??? wah biang. which era was that? today i hv to borrow 300k from myself to buy ppty.

mutant powerpuff

User Info Menu

30k to buy ppty??? wah biang. which era was that? today i hv to borrow 300k from myself to buy ppty.
    LOL.... I also wanna know.
    $30k - what substantial thing can it buy?
    Perhaps only a hermes handbag.
    I remember my parents telling me that they bought the point block in Bedok South Ave 3 for $30k. That was in 1977.

Senior

User Info Menu

Bro. W are quite similar. I started at 29 with a FH condo too and already fully paid up with rental income. Still holding onto it now.

Junior

User Info Menu

Bro, possible la... Last time got defferred payment...90% loan... Cannot remember if got 100% but definitely have, cannot remember in 1990s or 2000s. So if mm last time 300k, 10% down only 30k.... today worth 700k... So 30k generate 400k... Hhahaha

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    LOL.... I also wanna know.
    $30k - what substantial thing can it buy?
    Perhaps only a hermes handbag.
    I remember my parents telling me that they bought the point block in Bedok South Ave 3 for $30k. That was in 1977.
    my parents bought their 3 rm flat in toa payoh (2min walk braddell mrt) for $8k in 1976+/-. sold in 1995 for 130k. now dunno how much leow.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Bro. W are quite similar. I started at 29 with a FH condo too and already fully paid up with rental income. Still holding onto it now.
    wow... 29... i was still dreaming about changing cars.

Junior

User Info Menu

Bro, possible la... Last time got defferred payment...90% loan... Cannot remember if got 100% but definitely have, cannot remember in 1990s or 2000s. So if mm last time 300k, 10% down only 30k.... today worth 700k... So 30k generate 400k... Hhahaha
    i heard of deferred payment, but how does it work? downpaymt and then no need to pay for 3 yrs?

i only know in 1997 OCBC got lending 110% LTV. not sure abt other banks. those were the days.

last time MM maybe = my SM unit 3BR size..

Junior

User Info Menu

i heard of deferred payment, but how does it work? downpaymt and then no need to pay for 3 yrs?

i only know in 1997 OCBC got lending 110% LTV. not sure abt other banks. those were the days.

last time MM maybe = my SM unit 3BR size..
    If I provide URL of Singapore property, u will find the predictions all haywire one :

Dips as below
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...424-61595.html

Senior

User Info Menu

I will usually own each car for about 6-8 years. Does not change them so often as it is a liability.
    wow... 29... i was still dreaming about changing cars.

Junior

User Info Menu

If I provide URL of Singapore property, u will find the predictions all haywire one :

Dips as below
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...424-61595.html
    thanks for the link bro.. i guess DPS is solely speculative, and for those who have no holding power and purely buying to flip. removal of DPS probably the pioneer of pioneer for CM

for those who bought in apr-oct 2007 as mentioned in the article.. i think mostly huat until cannot find the way out of the bank leow.

but i guess more of the haywire is due to immigration policies. ceteris paribus, should be quite accurate.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I will usually own each car for about 6-8 years. Does not change them so often as it is a liability.
    i buy all my cars 2nd hand. that way you avoid 30% of the depreciation leow. of course this was during low COE period. now, any car you buy also inflated value. now the best car to buy is those >5 yr old, prices would be more down to earth.

Reply to Thread