Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another GURU 2cent prediction...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Sell only if you have found a gem. Otherwise, leaving money in the bank will be worst off.
    If sell, will of cos buy another. Agree leaving $ in bank is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    sorry i not pro like chestnut. my worth. if i were you i will not jump the gun. after TOP then slowly think. prices will be different then (up or down). after all price would be your key determining factor in your decision
    Thanks, that's exactly what I am doing now. Anyway, it's 2 years down the road and anything can happen like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    sorry just to set record straight yours is FH99 condo..is it a HDB flat...cos i know hdb is FH99 and some like condo...
    Oops, I meant LH99!

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Left field, if your TM unit is 40% cheaper than new launches, please don't sell... Got somemore upside potential... But only and only if everything remains constant and there is no recession.... U must also look at the relative location to the new launches... I not familiar with TM, so even if u name the condo, I blur...

If your rental 4k and fully paid, u getting 40k nett a year after deducting everything... U want to throw it away? After 10 year, it will be 400k man... But again, it really depends on your mode of play... Yield or capital? If u can spot like dksg, I think u go cap gain... If u cannot find, stick to yield until u find a gem....
    Haha, thanks for the spoon feeding. I only got interested in property over the last few months and has always been only focused on paying off the existing one.

The issue is always about timing and resources (or lack of shld I say). Say if I see something I really like, by the time I put up my unit for sale, market it and complete the sale (if it ever gets sold), the 'gem' is likely long gone!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Some hate bubbles, but if u think about it, that's where u make big bucks... But when it pops, the entire economy will spiral down....
    the politicians hate bubbles coz they got bigger prob to solve.

traders love bubbles if it is on the way up.

again, as always, musical chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield

The issue is always about timing and resources (or lack of shld I say). Say if I see something I really like, by the time I put up my unit for sale, market it and complete the sale (if it ever gets sold), the 'gem' is likely long gone!
    let's take a back seat and be more zen. if it's meant to be yours, it will be. the gem will still be around if it's meant to be yours.

i came a long way to my recent purchase. many things happened along the way, good and bad. finally the door opened and i just jumped in.

i am an extreme bear on the ppty mkt. i am also extremely risk adverse. i also always advocate opportunity cost. if i had 200k on hand, i would throw it into the resale mkt and start getting my rental income immediately.

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

let's take a back seat and be more zen. if it's meant to be yours, it will be. the gem will still be around if it's meant to be yours.

i came a long way to my recent purchase. many things happened along the way, good and bad. finally the door opened and i just jumped in.

i am an extreme bear on the ppty mkt. i am also extremely risk adverse. i also always advocate opportunity cost. if i had 200k on hand, i would throw it into the resale mkt and start getting my rental income immediately.

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.
    That's good advice. Patience is indeed a virtue. I suppose sometimes when u read this forum too much, it does 'inspire' you to want to start your own little property collection up fast!

Life's a lot less complicated if you are buying one for own stay. It took me less than 2 months to search, identify, target and commit on one!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.
    I believe in fate too. Once I was so close to buying a property but the owner changed his mind at the time of signing the option.
    Purchased a freehold landed at a very good price during the crisis. The neighbours told me that I was very lucky. There were 2 buyers who signed the option before me. The first buyer changed his mind and the second buyer couldn't get his loan approved. I was the third buyer to sign the OTP.

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.

indeed hard to spot gems ..

i also believe never chase the money ...let the opportunities come to you ...

somehow it happened to me in 2005/6 ... it just came to me.. within 6 mths i bought 3 properties .. all below 480 psf ..landed and condos...

held and collect rentals...
    sold 2 along the way up ... (1 LH condo and 1 FH PH) ..
    use the proceeds to pay up the landed .. so now loans free ..
    still have cash for potential gems .. and still collecting rent ..

i almost bought a semi D 3600 sqft land in 2010 aug .. just 2 weeks before a CM .. for only 765 psf at D16 ...

i viewed via skype .. a friend took her laptop and viewed on my behalf .. and skyped with me in NYC .. i went ahead and put my deposit..

my rep was at seller's lawyer office to do the paper work ..
    but it didnt go thru cos seller sold to another buyer who 'promised' 50k higher than me .. when he couldnt even make it to the lawyers office .. let alone see the cheque ..

i was so pissed .. and let it go ..

it was a gem but it wasnt meant to be mine ..
    its probably worth 3.5 mio now or more ... but ..well i wouldnt chase ..

yet, i jumped in.

fate, they say.
    you bought a BUC property right..

you bought a BUC property right..
    yah, that's why i said fate. advocate resale but buy BUC. even my friends who know me well said it is very very unlike me. and it wasnt because i buy cheap on preview day. i bought only after 70%-80% sold out.

That's good advice. Patience is indeed a virtue. I suppose sometimes when u read this forum too much, it does 'inspire' you to want to start your own little property collection up fast!

Life's a lot less complicated if you are buying one for own stay. It took me less than 2 months to search, identify, target and commit on one!
    my sibei humble advise is that hard work is required and u need to fight 2 wars.
    1. put ur LH99 unit out in ur market first to test water to see if you can get an attractive offer. By attractive, this would mean that the priced offered would probably get 3% yield in today's market [or apply watever formula you think is deem as "too gd to reject"]
    2. 2nd battle in this current market is you need to spend time to look for gems. This one i cant advise but even if you have the location you are targeting but if price is not right, still cant buy. U need to network with agents or contact your trustworthy/hardworking agent to do the work for you. Opportunities will not come knocking in your door at this time, the day it comes is when Ah B shouts no 50% no buy comes true.

Hardwork is the key, u need to spend some effort because even if you get a gd offer but no gems, also hard to decide. Because if you fought one winning battle, one might end up like shouting day n night property dropping 50% which is very detrimental to health lol

so many gurus here.

i think the cms are here for good. Without the cm there might be negative consequences as well. it is better to "cheong" slowly then bullet train then no brake.

better to clear the weak holder and small fish who like to timed the mkt. This will prevent 97 scenario where all became sellers and no buyer

gems can be found if DPS is back. Do u think it will be here soon ? personally, i don't think so soon. remember 2008 ? developer has learnt their lesson...

Sell at good price, cannot find gem headache.

Find gem, cannot sell, also headache.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Should be able to sell if you sell just slightly below the valuation price and your unit is reasonably good.
    Sell at good price, cannot find gem headache.

Find gem, cannot sell, also headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    so many gurus here.

i think the cms are here for good. Without the cm there might be negative consequences as well. it is better to "cheong" slowly then bullet train then no brake.

better to clear the weak holder and small fish who like to timed the mkt. This will prevent 97 scenario where all became sellers and no buyer

gems can be found if DPS is back. Do u think it will be here soon ? personally, i don't think so soon. remember 2008 ? developer has learnt their lesson...

agree

but the problem now is that the developers are the ones thats Cheonging their launch price ...and theres no CM to control them ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    agree

but the problem now is that the developers are the ones thats Cheonging their launch price ...and theres no CM to control them ..
    this is not the devp problem. this is buyer prob leh. if price too high, buyer also not willing to pay what. CM already filtered out the small fish. if big fish still want to buy, why stop them..

Why need to cool them if there is demand? Garment always like to leave it to market forces. Just like Pinnacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    agree

this is not the devp problem. this is buyer prob leh. if price too high, buyer also not willing to pay what. CM already filtered out the small fish. if big fish still want to buy, why stop them..

i think this problem is good for resale mkt. At the moment, many buyers are still blindly cheonging new launch because of "New", "Progressive Payment", etc..

however, i believed the correlation between new launch and resale will be closer and closer in gap as there no more "flipping" can be done. As an investor or home buyer there are many benefits of buying resale at the current mkt:

- moved in immediate
    - immediate rental
    - can feel and see

what do u think ?

yah, that's why i said fate. advocate resale but buy BUC. even my friends who know me well said it is very very unlike me. and it wasnt because i buy cheap on preview day. i bought only after 70%-80% sold out.
    cheers story of my life i bought when 97% sold out...

Dont look back bro..look forward..lets move on...

i think this problem is good for resale mkt. At the moment, many buyers are still blindly cheonging new launch because of "New", "Progressive Payment", etc..

however, i believed the correlation between new launch and resale will be closer and closer in gap as there no more "flipping" can be done. As an investor or home buyer there are many benefits of buying resale at the current mkt:

- moved in immediate
    - immediate rental
    - can feel and see

what do u think ?
    end of the day, it depends on your investment objective.

if it's a long term type, then yes - buy resale, immediate income, long term capital appreciation (slowly but still surely) and rental to finance the purchase. if FH, better still. if LH, have to weigh the pros and cons and potential depreciation (or i would call it reduced rate of appreciation).

short term or speculative - BUC better (of course, you have to read the direction of the mkt), but bear in mind 4 year lock-in.

personally i belong to long term type of investor, so resale is my preference. immediate returns, get your tenant, sit back and relax.

cheers story of my life i bought when 97% sold out...

Dont look back bro..look forward..lets move on...
    wah bro, high-5 man.
    you and i are one kind. haha...

i think there are gems in the resale mkt. where? pls do homework.

i also think there will be more better-priced units. i believe some buyers are impatient (not necessarily weak holding power) due to poor yield, slow gains and increasing rates. whether u consider it as gem, is up to individual. some may regard 5% discount as gem.

ultimately, it's your conviction to sell a in-the-money unit and buy again at this junction.

burlington square goin at $1300 psf for 2 bedder , rental at $3800. definitely a gem...there are plenty if one were to do homework

Bro, check with the bank if u can take some "ready credit" on your existing property. It is loan on equity but will be charged interest only if u use the cheque. Since your property is already fully paid, u can talk to a few banks... So when u spot a gem, u can use this facility.
    Check with the bank if this is possible now. I know this was allowed in the past.

end of the day, it depends on your investment objective.

if it's a long term type, then yes - buy resale, immediate income, long term capital appreciation (slowly but still surely) and rental to finance the purchase. if FH, better still. if LH, have to weigh the pros and cons and potential depreciation (or i would call it reduced rate of appreciation).

short term or speculative - BUC better (of course, you have to read the direction of the mkt), but bear in mind 4 year lock-in.

personally i belong to long term type of investor, so resale is my preference. immediate returns, get your tenant, sit back and relax.
    Agreed. buy resale with existing tenant even better... fully furnished, no agent fees, immediate rental income, all expenses tax deductable (not 1st lease) etc....

I even bought a resale unit off plan (no viewing since it's tenanted). The lease has since been renewed and it's 2 years now and I haven't even stepped into the unit....

Bro, check with the bank if u can take some "ready credit" on your existing property. It is loan on equity but will be charged interest only if u use the cheque. Since your property is already fully paid, u can talk to a few banks... So when u spot a gem, u can use this facility.
    Check with the bank if this is possible now. I know this was allowed in the past.
    with deposits awash, banks are quite liberal with their unsecured credit.. getting up to 100k is no problem at all. of course interest rate anything from 0%-6%pa.

that can tide over while approving any equity loan, etc. more imptly, this will not flout any MAS rules on using equity loan for ppty purchase.

of coz, as per SAF, you can do anything, dun get caught

with deposits awash, banks are quite liberal with their unsecured credit.. getting up to 100k is no problem at all. of course interest rate anything from 0%-6%pa.

that can tide over while approving any equity loan, etc. more imptly, this will not flout any MAS rules on using equity loan for ppty purchase.

Bro, I spoke with my bankers and they never say anything about flouting the rule leh?
    This rule people say, very new to me... Even mortgage broker newbie11 say OK.

I have thought about this before but just plain lazy to go ahead with the plan.

Time to call my mortgage banker to see what they can offer!

So far the rules only apply to mortgages, nothing on equity loans. YET!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I have thought about this before but just plain lazy to go ahead with the plan.

Time to call my mortgage banker to see what they can offer!

So far the rules only apply to mortgages, nothing on equity loans. YET!
    Bro, when u check, let me know... I interested to know...

Bro, I spoke with my bankers and they never say anything about flouting the rule leh?
    This rule people say, very new to me... Even mortgage broker newbie11 say OK.

bro, whether got official b&w from MAS, i never bother to chk. when i signed my LO, my banker did say cannot use equity loan to pay for ppty purchase. and in the application form, there is a little box which ask you to declare what is the source of your $$$ to pay for the downpayment, etc. this could be anti-money laundering. but it could also be to make sure you declare it is from savings. of coz everybody sure say from savings lah. more for the bank cover their backside in case kenah audit.

burlington square goin at $1300 psf for 2 bedder , rental at $3800. definitely a gem...there are plenty if one were to do homework
    i'm confused... $1200 psf 2 bedder rent at $3800, consided good yield? OCR new 2 bedder is this range of rental but lower psf leh.... for rental yield, die die need to be CCR/RCR FH??

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    i'm confused... $1200 psf 2 bedder rent at $3800, consided good yield? OCR new 2 bedder is this range of rental but lower psf leh.... for rental yield, die die need to be CCR/RCR FH??

i think now hard to find already, everyone asking 1500 and rental is abv 4k...
    2mths ago still have...

but in terms of rentability, these places will not gv u vacant period for too long...