Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another GURU 2cent prediction...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    30k to buy ppty??? wah biang. which era was that? today i hv to borrow 300k from myself to buy ppty.
    LOL.... I also wanna know.
    $30k - what substantial thing can it buy?
    Perhaps only a hermes handbag.
    I remember my parents telling me that they bought the point block in Bedok South Ave 3 for $30k. That was in 1977.

Bro. W are quite similar. I started at 29 with a FH condo too and already fully paid up with rental income. Still holding onto it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Good for u... It is always an advantage to start young. I bot my investment unit at 28. Anchorage. Still holding it 18 yrs after top. This 1 damn shiok.... Money spinner and freehold... More than doubled liao...

30k to buy ppty??? wah biang. which era was that? today i hv to borrow 300k from myself to buy ppty.
    Bro, possible la... Last time got defferred payment...90% loan... Cannot remember if got 100% but definitely have, cannot remember in 1990s or 2000s. So if mm last time 300k, 10% down only 30k.... today worth 700k... So 30k generate 400k... Hhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    LOL.... I also wanna know.
    $30k - what substantial thing can it buy?
    Perhaps only a hermes handbag.
    I remember my parents telling me that they bought the point block in Bedok South Ave 3 for $30k. That was in 1977.
    my parents bought their 3 rm flat in toa payoh (2min walk braddell mrt) for $8k in 1976+/-. sold in 1995 for 130k. now dunno how much leow.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Bro. W are quite similar. I started at 29 with a FH condo too and already fully paid up with rental income. Still holding onto it now.
    wow... 29... i was still dreaming about changing cars.

Bro, possible la... Last time got defferred payment...90% loan... Cannot remember if got 100% but definitely have, cannot remember in 1990s or 2000s. So if mm last time 300k, 10% down only 30k.... today worth 700k... So 30k generate 400k... Hhahaha
    i heard of deferred payment, but how does it work? downpaymt and then no need to pay for 3 yrs?

i only know in 1997 OCBC got lending 110% LTV. not sure abt other banks. those were the days.

last time MM maybe = my SM unit 3BR size..

i heard of deferred payment, but how does it work? downpaymt and then no need to pay for 3 yrs?

i only know in 1997 OCBC got lending 110% LTV. not sure abt other banks. those were the days.

last time MM maybe = my SM unit 3BR size..
    If I provide URL of Singapore property, u will find the predictions all haywire one :

Dips as below
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...424-61595.html

I will usually own each car for about 6-8 years. Does not change them so often as it is a liability.
    wow... 29... i was still dreaming about changing cars.

If I provide URL of Singapore property, u will find the predictions all haywire one :

Dips as below
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...424-61595.html
    thanks for the link bro.. i guess DPS is solely speculative, and for those who have no holding power and purely buying to flip. removal of DPS probably the pioneer of pioneer for CM

for those who bought in apr-oct 2007 as mentioned in the article.. i think mostly huat until cannot find the way out of the bank leow.

but i guess more of the haywire is due to immigration policies. ceteris paribus, should be quite accurate.

I will usually own each car for about 6-8 years. Does not change them so often as it is a liability.
    i buy all my cars 2nd hand. that way you avoid 30% of the depreciation leow. of course this was during low COE period. now, any car you buy also inflated value. now the best car to buy is those >5 yr old, prices would be more down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    I agreed with DKSG. Buy within your mean...

Anyway, the reason why so many people are still buying bcos of Singaporean ( for EC ) are :-

1) Just pure rich and no where to spend their money.
    2) Interest rate are very very low now, only 1%
    3) Inflation rate at % to 5% each year, and labour and materials cost went up so much.
    4) For their kids.
    5) No other better investment choice.
    I'm so agree with you to buy within our mean. I've missed to buy in during 2009 due to many worries...thinking whatif, whatif and now I really felt the pain....

After waiting for 3 years, I've gathered a little bit more only to know that the property price shot up even higher now

What makes me so is the "Agents" today only targeting at those HNW (high net worth) individual that they don't even seems to be interested on you enquiring about resale property that is below $1mil

Before 2009, need to pay 10%DP of which 5% cash 5 % CPf. 300k plus can buy jurong, woodlands condo lo, IIRC

Just to clarify ...

$30K is just money I borrowed la! I myself got savings through doing part time work and tuition during uni days and aggressive savings during my first few years at work.

Plus of course, I found out some cheap ways of raising money, so net net only need extra $30K ...

Lets not go into this part of the discussion, its private. Haha!

Now guys tell me .. to sell or not to sell ?

Hahaha!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by charm
    I'm so agree with you to buy within our mean. I've missed to buy in during 2009 due to many worries...thinking whatif, whatif and now I really felt the pain....

After waiting for 3 years, I've gathered a little bit more only to know that the property price shot up even higher now

What makes me so is the "Agents" today only targeting at those HNW (high net worth) individual that they don't even seems to be interested on you enquiring about resale property that is below $1mil
    then these agents dont need ur business. approach the hungry ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Just to clarify ...

$30K is just money I borrowed la! I myself got savings through doing part time work and tuition during uni days and aggressive savings during my first few years at work.

Plus of course, I found out some cheap ways of raising money, so net net only need extra $30K ...

Lets not go into this part of the discussion, its private. Haha!

Now guys tell me .. to sell or not to sell ?

Hahaha!

DKSG
    property is meant to be bought not sold.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    property is meant to be bought not sold.
    Thank you for the advice ...

If sell already can buy 2, worth selling ?

DKSG

Thank you for the advice ...

If sell already can buy 2, worth selling ?

DKSG
    depends. not if sell an apple to buy two lehmans.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    depends. not if sell an apple to buy two lehmans.
    I agreed with both of you.

My current strategy which im doing now. Sold first to buy more.

Malaysia is a good place to invest too. depending on location.

Quote Originally Posted by ctng78
    I agreed with both of you.

My current strategy which im doing now. Sold first to buy more.

Malaysia is a good place to invest too. depending on location.
    And i will try not to sell again...

Tough to talk general strategy here la!

What I am trying to say is that if selling gives u the funds to buy more and get a better rate of return than holding the current one, then sell lor ...

DKSG

Tough to talk general strategy here la!

What I am trying to say is that if selling gives u the funds to buy more and get a better rate of return than holding the current one, then sell lor ...

DKSG
    Bro, agree with u...
    Bro, that is an art form on its own....
    There are a few things required.

1. To know if the prices will go up...
    2. To invest if u believe it will....
    3. Suppose prices go up...
    4. In your case - to sell and buy 2??
    5. We now need to determine if prices will go up?
    6. The first few parts on determining if price will go up is already tough for many people...why? Because they do not look at the whole equation from a holistic way. Like economy, population increase, no of Singaporeans who are with privilege banking and above, QE, marriage stats, effect of tourism on home purchase, etc.....
    I am not saying prices will continue to go up... I have 'stopped buying' and will only do so if I spot a gem...
    7. How to sell one gem and spot 2 gems, that is the question?

Dksg, if u want to sell your 1 and invest in 2, u must believe your 1 has no more upside potential and u have spotted 2 gems...

Another way of looking at it, for your play is to take out a reverse mortgage on your current prop and use it for downpayment of you second property?

I just TCSS today lah... Am in Bangkok now... Nothing to do in hotel...

One more thing, please - no 1 strategy is rite.... It depends on you and your profile...
    Some are conservative, some are aggressive...
    The aggressive are rewarded very well in upswing.
    The aggressive are also punished heavily in downswing.

The typical profile of aggressive people are traders, sales, etc....

So play to your comfort level... Only u know what is the limit... I am out of the game unless I spot a GEM... So maybe I will meet DKSG to hear his gem

Last edited by chestnut; 29-11-12 at 06:55.

Chestnut, need your insights on my situation then. Very specific, not general.

I have a fully paid up 15+ FH99 condo that I am staying in. Bought a BUC unit that will be ready by 2014.

Come 2014, when I move into my new place, what shld I do with the existing one?

It's a 1300+ sq ft 3BR unit and rental is approx about 4K.

If I keep it, rental will help with the new purchase. There's literally no need to top with my installments with cash. Will continue to save up for a 3rd one.

If I sell it, I'm looking at perhaps buying a smaller FH unit (can be fully paid by the proceeds) and any leftovers can be the DP for a 3rd unit.

Appreciate all the advice from the gurus here.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Sell only if you have found a gem. Otherwise, leaving money in the bank will be worst off.

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield

I have a fully paid up 15+ FH99 condo that I am staying in. Bought a BUC unit that will be ready by 2014.

If I keep it, rental will help with the new purchase. There's literally no need to top with my installments with cash. Will continue to save up for a 3rd one.

If I sell it, I'm looking at perhaps buying a smaller FH unit (can be fully paid by the proceeds) and any leftovers can be the DP for a 3rd unit.

sorry i not pro like chestnut. my worth. if i were you i will not jump the gun. after TOP then slowly think. prices will be different then (up or down). after all price would be your key determining factor in your decision

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield

sorry just to set record straight yours is FH99 condo..is it a HDB flat...cos i know hdb is FH99 and some like condo...

Sell only if you have found a gem. Otherwise, leaving money in the bank will be worst off.
    U have provided the answer....

Finding the gem is the issue...

Left field, if your TM unit is 40% cheaper than new launches, please don't sell... Got somemore upside potential... But only and only if everything remains constant and there is no recession.... U must also look at the relative location to the new launches... I not familiar with TM, so even if u name the condo, I blur...

If your rental 4k and fully paid, u getting 40k nett a year after deducting everything... U want to throw it away? After 10 year, it will be 400k man... But again, it really depends on your mode of play... Yield or capital? If u can spot like dksg, I think u go cap gain... If u cannot find, stick to yield until u find a gem....

There are many solid people here... They just state 1 sentence and u figure it out... I elaborate because sometimes I think people find it hard to really visualize in their minds... So u all need to grow up fast to catch this people meaning... They are damn good and complex... Just 1 statement speaks volume... Learn to read, ok, guys....

When MM pass a statement, he expects u to understand, if not he feels he you are wasting his time... Sorry, I no some will get fed up w my answer, but it is a reality of life...

This forum, u must decipher the good 'advise' and incorporate in your game plan.... Cheers

sorry i not pro like chestnut. my worth. if i were you i will not jump the gun. after TOP then slowly think. prices will be different then (up or down). after all price would be your key determining factor in your decision
    Bro, u are a pro in your own rites... I tell u honestly... I have made so many mistakes in my life and not all investments I go in make money... Some losses ok.... Overall, must make money, that is the important one... I hope u take this concept with u in your strategy.... Make sure your losses are less then your gains for each year... That's the way to play - at least for me... If every investment u make money... U have the Midas touch... Hahahaha..

Cheers

Bro, u are a pro in your own rites... I tell u honestly... I have made so many mistakes in my life and not all investments I go in make money... Some losses ok.... Overall, must make money, that is the important one... I hope u take this concept with u in your strategy.... Make sure your losses are less then your gains for each year... That's the way to play - at least for me... If every investment u make money... U have the Midas touch... Hahahaha..

Cheers

hahah, all trying to be humble. actually.. yah lah, if someone told me investment only gain no loss, i will be worried for him. because he will be over-confident and one day will lose big. i was burnt playing stocks in yr 2000. after that, learnt one round. 2nd time smarter in 2008, never get burnt, but lost capital and opportunity cost. this time... dunno when the next crisis will come.

hahah, all trying to be humble. actually.. yah lah, if someone told me investment only gain no loss, i will be worried for him. because he will be over-confident and one day will lose big. i was burnt playing stocks in yr 2000. after that, learnt one round. 2nd time smarter in 2008, never get burnt, but lost capital and opportunity cost. this time... dunno when the next crisis will come.
    Bro, u are rite.. The key is spotting the multi bagger...

If u bot in 09 and up 60% today..
    Say 1 mil
    U down 200,
    Today u make 600k.
    That is a 3 bagger... Somemore never include rental.... All possible w leverage. Those days are over in my opinion. Why?
    2 alphabets and a number
    CM (number)
    Hahahaha...
    That's why I say harder to spot gems.... If no cm, today, we are on a bullet train... And on our way to a BIG BUBBLE.
    Some hate bubbles, but if u think about it, that's where u make big bucks... But when it pops, the entire economy will spiral down....

With so much money in the market, do u expect inflation or deflation???
    I am not going to answer the above question... Each of u will have your own answer.. Hahahahahaha