Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bishan St 14

Default Bishan St 14

CAPITALAND, in a joint venture with Mitsubishi Estate Asia, offered the top bid for another residential site in Bishan, next to its current Sky Habitat development.
    The $505 million, or $852.94 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr), bid was submitted through Allamanda Residential Development in which CapitaLand holds a 75 per cent stake.
    According to market analysts, the CapitaLand JV top bid for the residential site at Bishan Street 14 was part of a strategic move to defend its earlier bid of $869.36 which was offered in February last year for the Sky Habitat site.

Said Lee Sze Teck, senior manager, training, research and consultancy at DWG: "The estimated breakeven price could be between $1,350 and $1,400 psf and the probable selling price could be between $1,650 and $1,700 psf which is similar to Sky Habitat's selling prices."

Getting another renowned architect? Maybe Maki since Mitsubishi is in this JV?

The scary part is the land bidding prices has not tapered...

If prices are going to drop? Why Keppel land bidder so high for TM? Why wing tai bidded so high for prince charles? Why Jln jurong kechil 60 yr lease so high?

I not providing answers... I only provided facts...

Can someone provide me some land sales where the land was sold cheaply? If yes, please let me know... I interested in the site when they launch...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    The scary part is the land bidding prices has not tapered...

If prices are going to drop? Why Keppel land bidder so high for TM? Why wing tai bidded so high for prince charles? Why Jln jurong kechil 60 yr lease so high?

I not providing answers... I only provided facts...

Can someone provide me some land sales where the land was sold cheaply? If yes, please let me know... I interested in the site when they launch...

land sell cheap no use. end up devp still charge high high. no prices for guessing which one. more impt is wait for next CM, that weekend go shopping. confirm you get your way.

Plum sites aren't always available for bidding.

The new condo will be called Sky Burial ...

uol also submitted high bid to defend
    Ride at your own risk !!!

What do they need to defend?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    land sell cheap no use. end up devp still charge high high. no prices for guessing which one. more impt is wait for next CM, that weekend go shopping. confirm you get your way.
    Bro, land bot cheap got chance of lower price rite... Land bot high definitely no chance of low price rite..

I agree with u... If u bot iPhone for say 1k and there is a supply issue and demand is high, would u sell at high price ???

So all biz is in the biz of making money... Those that are not are called charitable organization or non profitable organization. Hahahahahaha

Bro, land bot cheap got chance of lower price rite... Land bot high definitely no chance of low price rite..

I agree with u... If u bot iPhone for say 1k and there is a supply issue and demand is high, would u sell at high price ???

So all biz is in the biz of making money... Those that are not are called charitable organization or non profitable organization. Hahahahahaha
    aiya, this is called the cost-plus or market price approach.
    which one would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    aiya, this is called the cost-plus or market price approach.
    which one would you choose?
    As developer or consumer?

There are 2 sides to a fence... Hahahaha

Property in this "central area" is moving real slow.
    Moving forward heading towards a downturn, if any, plus current unsold units on hand, n if they r not going to slash price with these 2 projects, wat going to happen?

Capitaland have no choice but to do it, and most likely they will have to design something that will integrate nicely with SH so that it will not affect the sale of the latter.

Perhaps they will call it SH-2

How about Skyfall?

if they don't bid it the next bid price is also above $800psf....so SH is quite safe either way.

if other developer eg. FEO win the deal then sales will be brisk and SH will be a sellout...

I am surprised by UOL's high bid ... nevermind crap land

seems like this is gonna cement $1700-1800psf as a benchmark for bishan developments.

KenoBiWan should call for a Jedi council meeting with all the federation heads - better hold horses, or else the mother of all CMs will be unleashed

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    seems like this is gonna cement $1700-1800psf as a benchmark for bishan developments.

KenoBiWan should call for a Jedi council meeting with all the federation heads - better hold horses, or else the mother of all CMs will be unleashed
    SH is not really selling well, so why would KBW be bothered by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    SH is not really selling well, so why would KBW be bothered by it?
    it's about sending a message. after all the CMs and media parade, land prices are hitting record levels.

imagine bishan having $1700psf as a benchmark. how much should a condo, say in Toa Payoh, command? $2000psf?

it's about sending a message. after all the CMs and media parade, land prices are hitting record levels.

imagine bishan having $1700psf as a benchmark. how much should a condo, say in Toa Payoh, command? $2000psf?
    development in that price segment is really not doing very well and many developers are actually stuck with huge stock of unsold apartments. what KBW is worried most is the HDB, EC and mass market in OCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    development in that price segment is really not doing very well and many developers are actually stuck with huge stock of unsold apartments. what KBW is worried most is the HDB, EC and mass market in OCR.
    HDB and EC is within his control. if all the existing measures can't send a signal to the market, imagine when the global economy turns better.

HDB and EC is within his control. if all the existing measures can't send a signal to the market, imagine when the global economy turns better.

If economy turn better esp.US economy then interest rate will go up so KBw can rest and watch nature tk it course

what makes you think that the government is not doing their part to maximize the return from land sale?

You dont need to be a property expert to know that Capitaland will bid high to protect their interest and government is simply taking the full advantage to milk the cow.

Bro, this statement I confused.... Hdb in toa payoh more expensive than bishan?
    I thot the other way round?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I am surprised by UOL's high bid ... nevermind crap land
    After they bidded $700psf for bright hill drive, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise.

They are about the same assuming the same age. The reason why toa payoh glats cost moee is because they have a batch that just turned 5 years old and those cost more. Besides bishan has an interchange station...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    After they bidded $700psf for bright hill drive, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise.
    Wee is known to be conservative, that means even he expects land price to stay high

There are some gems in the river valley area that are TOP around 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    Property in this "central area" is moving real slow.
    Moving forward heading towards a downturn, if any, plus current unsold units on hand, n if they r not going to slash price with these 2 projects, wat going to happen?

That's the surprising bit.