Thread: Yesterday i visited my Ex-condo...

Default Yesterday i visited my Ex-condo...

Went for a bbq invited by one of my ex neighbour whose kid is my kids friend....

After selling i have never gone back and never wanted to go back but no choice must give face...i saw my old place with mixed feelings...dunno happy or sad...i guess if after selling i had bought something i would be a bit happier but what to do sometimes we all think we are the smartest....

Anyway just some sharing to other bros SELL only if you need to and MUST do for whatever reason...financial/depression..etc etc...cos once its GONE its GONE

Thinking back to a year ago...maybe i should have rented out instead of selling...maybe i should have bought another after selling..maybe i should have moved back to my hdb after selling...MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE...one thing i learnt...money invested in a home is better than money in the bank...

So bros this is MY experience just to share with others who might be going thru the same thing..
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I will never visit.... Hurt too much

property meant to hold not to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    now i also say...got to learn hard way...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

But that's not true for 99yLH.

Bro Radha, it's a bit like ex-gf. Some you see 20 years later, you will thank heavens for causing the breakup. If like Vivian Chow, 20years later still so perfect, you will be very sian. Nonetheless sometimes it's just the makeup. Maintenance costs a fortune too. And I think we always regret what we give up to an extent. Just look forward and keep moving!

bro, u (we) got new house to look fwd to. so no regrets lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Bro Radha, it's a bit like ex-gf. Some you see 20 years later, you will thank heavens for causing the breakup. If like Vivian Chow, 20years later still so perfect, you will be very sian. Nonetheless sometimes it's just the makeup. Maintenance costs a fortune too. And I think we always regret what we give up to an extent. Just look forward and keep moving!
    Very old auntie already lah...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    bro, u (we) got new house to look fwd to. so no regrets lah.
    yup for sure thats why i say dunno happy or sad......happy cos got new house sad cos sold old house a bit sentimental....ahh only because i went for the bbq and saw my old place...otherwise...never think about it

haha true...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yup for sure thats why i say dunno happy or sad......happy cos got new house sad cos sold old house a bit sentimental....ahh only because i went for the bbq and saw my old place...otherwise...never think about it
    bro how long did u stay there?

Eh probably 50 years old, still good not enough? Anyway, that's why I say look good also depend on makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Very old auntie already lah...

bro how long did u stay there?
    4 years...

4 years...
    ok lah. imagine 14 years. already cry until cannot home.
    my HDB would be 10 yrs by the time i rent it out. i also having mixed feelings now.

ok lah. imagine 14 years. already cry until cannot home.
    my HDB would be 10 yrs by the time i rent it out. i also having mixed feelings now.
    ya la bro i know thats why i just sharing so other bros can be aware of the consequences of selling if u not prepared...

Wow, Vivian Chow's fans alive here.....

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Wow, Vivian Chow's fans alive here.....

For bro radha: 心事重重 (heavy heart) by Vivian Chow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSTOHA4vLI

Eh probably 50 years old, still good not enough? Anyway, that's why I say look good also depend on makeup.
    The new Vivian Chow - Cheng Kuang Yi

http://jaystudioo.blogspot.sg/2011/1...y-chou-mv.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gebcOv3ydt4

Not true for real investor... ! Buy low sell high...n the cycle carry on.... !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    wah biang... the type of personal bio the media gets... who's interested in the CIRCUMFERENCE of her head man!

maybe if it's a man, then yes lah

good to have an appreciation heart of what we had

Went for a bbq invited by one of my ex neighbour whose kid is my kids friend....

After selling i have never gone back and never wanted to go back but no choice must give face...i saw my old place with mixed feelings...dunno happy or sad...i guess if after selling i had bought something i would be a bit happier but what to do sometimes we all think we are the smartest....

Anyway just some sharing to other bros SELL only if you need to and MUST do for whatever reason...financial/depression..etc etc...cos once its GONE its GONE

Thinking back to a year ago...maybe i should have rented out instead of selling...maybe i should have bought another after selling..maybe i should have moved back to my hdb after selling...MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE...one thing i learnt...money invested in a home is better than money in the bank...

So bros this is MY experience just to share with others who might be going thru the same thing..
    Ya, I have that feeling too, everytime when people mentioned about that location, my heart ached, a regretted move.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Ya, I have that feeling too, everytime when people mentioned about that location, my heart ached, a regretted move.
    so i am not alone...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    But that's not true for 99yLH.
    Why ur hse left 60? U know how much 60 yrs hse is selling

Quote Originally Posted by JAFCO
    Why ur hse left 60? U know how much 60 yrs hse is selling
    just rent out loh... can recoup the price of another 2 houses

Never sell a place u are staying. Home is not a investiment unless u can liquidate it. For stay is not stuitable to be considered ss investment.

Thus hdb for stay n rent out. N then move backin to retire. Condo for temp stay n investment